A letter to Baron Gyfford 09/08/2018 07:30 PM CDT

A gnome sits at a cluttered desk looking for a blank sheet of paper. She pulls out an vivid pink sheet edged with flowers, and bites her lip just a moment before putting the sheet down and selecting a more sober white page with black edges instead. She rummages around again before finding a quill and begins to write.

“Baron Gyfford,
I hope this letter finds Your Grace well. I have removed myself from public for some time to do some self reflection and such. I recently returned and have been acclimating myself with current events. When I heard that there was a town hall meeting being held in Riverhaven, I thought it would be a great time to catch up on things I’ve missed. I was correct on that part.

“As the meeting began, the first topic was about the necrolord Totenus. It appears that he has stepped in to battle Viggu, and wished to be paid for his contributions, angering many Therengians. I thought to myself, “It appears some things never change.” But in the next breath, the speaker said that his thoughts remained that as long as Totenus was fighting against their enemy, he was welcome to stay and fight. I admit that my jaw may have hit the floor. I felt that others would speak up with outrage, but I was wrong again. I asked if Your Grace was aware of this stance, and I was told that the mayor of Riverhaven was well aware. I admit that my emotions were getting the better of me, and after I expressed outrage, my own past was brought up.

“I have done many things that shame me now. You know many of these things, Your Grace. But I was told that I had no right to an opinion because of my past as a member of the Arkarm family. When I explained that I had tried hard to change my ways and make amends, and that you yourself had pardoned me, one of the group told me that some have longer memories. I’m not sure what is going on that I would be judged more harshly than a necrolord, but it is not what I expected from a town in Therengia.

“Totenus himself made an appearance inside Town Hall and was greeted and welcomed. At that point, I had to make my leave. I am not sure of the solution, or if there had been some assumptions made on my part, but this whole meeting honestly had me rattled. I spoke with a few others about it, and I was urged to write to you. I do hope it was just myself that jumped to conclusions, and if that is the case, I apologize.

“If I may be of service, please do let me know.

“Marssi Talmuron”

The gnome starts to read what she has written, but then just shrugs, and seals the letter. She stands up and prances out the door to have the letter sent to its intended recipient.