CHRYSALIS SPAWN SIGHTED IN SHARD AND HIBARNHVIDAR 10/05/2016 03:10 AM CDT
For our new home on Elanthipedia, go here: https://elanthipedia.play.net/The_First_Land_Herald

THE FIRST LAND HERALD

CHRYSALIS SPAWN SIGHTED IN SHARD AND HIBARNHVIDAR

421-4-14.

For the first time since the defeat eleven years hence of the First of the Akul'tiz, Xitoccanemun, Umbral moths have darkened the skies rather than remaining hidden from the light within the bowels of the earth.

These creatures originally darkened our lands following the opening of the Chrysalis, and were known to serve the goddess Dergati in her plot to blot out the light of the sun, wake the World Dragon, and indeed even kill the goddess Peri'el. It was only through the combined efforts of people everywhere using music to bring sunlight to Peri’el that she was healed. A final brave confrontation in the Wicked Burrow Mine saw the First defeated and these plans fully thwarted.

The first of these recent attacks was in the fair city of Shard, where both the umbral moths and the humanoid Akul'tiz were spotted. In a separate incident, the moths alone were sighted in Hibarnhvidar. In both cases, the forces were defeated and dispersed by the cities’ defenders.

In this second encounter, several Moon Mages reported seeing visions. According to one source:

> My vision blurred for a moment and the light of Xibar was diminished by countless fluttering wings. A gust of wind dispersed them and left my skin feeling frostbitten. A voice as bitter as the cold whispered, "Soon, Khal Gwaerd."

What can these incursions mean? Might Dergati be stirring again once more to wreak havoc upon the lands? Keep your eyes open and pray that we are spared Her wrath.

* Please see the Herald’s archives for previous coverage of these events.

Saragos Daerthon,
Reporter, The First Land Herald