Endings and beginnings 07/28/2016 09:54 PM CDT
Today was a solemn, and final meeting for the Ilithi militia.

A memorial plaque for Acynarian, one of our triage members, has been placed upon the table in the meeting room through the smokewood door in the back of the Silver Eye. Please do come to visit, help yourself to cupcakes and have a drink in her memory.

The Crystal Vanguard, Militia of Ilithi, disbanded in name for now. Times are peaceful in Ilithi, and should a threat arise we will be back as needed, of course. We will likely still be about to help with triage and such, and please still feel welcome to use or contribute to the resources in the triage building, just south of the Eastern Gate.

Future spars and siegery tournaments have been cancelled to help ease scheduling conflicts and having event participation spread so thin. We will be having a final celebration of peace 'Vatari says' style of game in the near future to expend our surplus in prizes!

Thank you kindly.

Mistanna Redivas
a wandering scribe (at last!)

[18:10] Rekave says, "Apologies for my lateness. I am not feeling the best, and the news I must deliver is bringing me down a little."

[18:10] Miskton says, "That's unfortunate to hear."

[18:11] Kaelie says, "Even."

[18:12] Rekave says, "Odd."

[18:12] Hebion says, "That was a prime choice of words."

[18:12] You say, "Ah, Jaibriel and Dianelle are both on the gondola now, so they'll be here quite shortly."

[18:13] Mazrian says, "Evening."

[18:13] Jaibriel says, "Hello, hello."

[18:13] Dianelle says, "All these lovely people."

[18:14] Hebion says, "Hello, you two."

[18:14] Dianelle says, "Hi hi."

[18:14] Rekave says, "Now that you two are here.. I'll go ahead and preface the meeting with some big news."

[18:15] You say to Rekave, "Would you like to go first sir? Ah, before I could ask."

[18:16] Rekave says, "We have had several years of relative peace in Ilithi. Outside of the errant threat, we are largely capable of taking care of ourselves, with or without a standing militia. In this time of peace, we will be officially halting the militia in name alone until such a time as it is needed to formally exist again."

[18:17] Rekave says, "You all have given your time, effort, love, and lives to our cause, and it will not be forgotten. I will be rebadging our LTs one last time, and afterwards, we will no longer hold badges of position."

[18:17] Rekave says, "Not everyone has liked me as Commander, but I want to thank you for following me all of these years, and for finding me on that blasted mountain."

[18:17] Dianelle says, "Pfft. We all love you."

[18:18] You say to Rekave, "It has been a pleasure and an honor sir."

[18:18] Rekave says, "Likewise, for all of you."

[18:18] Hebion says, "I can't think of one better to serve underneath."

[18:18] Jaibriel says, "It's been quite an experience, frustrating and exhilarating in turns."

[18:19] Dianelle says, "I'm very proud of us."

[18:19] Jaibriel says, "Of course, likely many of us will remain, as you said."

[18:19] You say, "We'll still certainly need triage around here from time to time."

[18:19] Dianelle says, "Triage will always happen."

[18:19] Mazrian quietly says to Dianelle, "You all helped see us through the hard times to a time of peace."

[18:20] Mazrian says, "That is something to be proud of."

[18:20] Rekave says, "I will still be a point of contact for such items as those within the province."

[18:20] You say, "I've a question though for our funds and stored prizes... We could easily have a last sort of..."

[18:20] You say to Dianelle, "The Dianelle says? Though I could run it... that could clear out the surplus prizes."

[18:21] You ask, "Should I portion out our reserve between members though, and get my bank account here back?"

[18:21] Rekave says, "I leave that up to you all to decide."

[18:21] Dianelle says to you, "We don't even need to be an official militia to continue to serve the people."

[18:21] Rekave says, "I definitely will not be taking any funds or stock piles from you."

[18:22] Kaelie says to Dianelle, "That is true."

[18:23] Rekave says, "Now then.. Lieutenants? Please step forward."

[18:23] Jaibriel says, "Neatly lined up one more time."

Rekave places his right hand over his Commander's badge and it flares with a bright blue light. Removing his hand, the blue light still clinging to it, he places his palm upon Hebion's shoulder. Instantly, he is surrounded by a bright flare of light that quickly fades, revealing a new Lieutenant's badge on Hebion's chest.

[18:24] Rekave says to Hebion, "You may be our newest to hold that position, but you have done admirably in gathering people together and attempting to drive us forward."

[18:24] Hebion says to Rekave, "Thank you Sir."

Rekave places his right hand over his Commander's badge and it flares with a bright blue light. Removing his hand, the blue light still clinging to it, he places his palm upon Jaibriel's shoulder. Instantly, she is surrounded by a bright flare of light that quickly fades, revealing a new Lieutenant's badge on Jaibriel's chest.

[18:25] Rekave says to Jaibriel, "While you originally stood as a stand in, uncertain of your own position, you have done very well in your position and I thank you for your years of service."

[18:25] Jaibriel says, "Oh, my. Thank you so much."

[18:26] Rekave asks, "Now then, my news is over. Shall we turn to Mistanna for any other items and a potential wrap up event to celebrate our time of peace?"

[18:27] You say, "I'm afraid I've not the best of news either, but I think most have heard by now. Acynarian, a part of our Triage, has walked the starry road."

[18:27] Jaibriel exclaims, "Oh!"

[18:27] Jaibriel exclaims, "I hadn't heard!"

[18:27] Jaibriel says, "I'm so sorry. I hope she had a good guide to Lady Eylhaar's hands."

[18:28] You say, "I wished to take a moment at least to have a drink in her memory."

[18:29] Mazrian says, "Here here."

[18:30] Rekave says, "She definitely will not be forgotten. On the sly, I had something done for her."

A large circular table reads:
"In loving memory of the kind soul, Acynarian, eternally a member of the Crystal Vanguard Militia."

[18:30] Kaelie says, "That is very nice."

[18:30] Dianelle says, "How wonderful."

[18:31] Jaibriel says, "Oh, that's so lovely."

[18:32] You say, "Well, as for the prizes, I'll likely throw up the 'Vatari says' sort of game here in the next week or two."

[18:33] Jaibriel says, "That's a good idea... moving on to something that fun... yes."

[18:33] You exclaim, "Thank you all, it's been a lot of fun, and I've certainly learned a lot over the years!"

[18:34] Mazrian says, "I'm sure we'll all end up working together again sometime, too."

[18:34] Jaibriel says, "Oh my, yes. I certainly hope so."

[18:34] Jaibriel says, "Ahh, a last claiming, though..."

Jaibriel places her right hand over her Lieutenant's badge and it flares with a bright blue light. Removing her hand, the blue light still clinging to it, she places it upon your shoulder. Instantly, you are surrounded by a bright flare of light that quickly fades, revealing a new Sergeant's badge on your chest.

You place your right hand over your Sergeant's badge and it flares with a bright blue light. Removing your hand, the blue light still clinging to it, you place your palm upon Dianelle's shoulder. Instantly, she is surrounded by a bright flare of light that quickly fades, revealing a new Corporal's badge on Dianelle's chest.

[18:36] You say, "Gotcha."

[18:36] You say to Hebion, "Get Ether before he hides on us."

Hebion places his right hand over his Lieutenant's badge and it flares with a bright blue light. Removing his hand, the blue light still clinging to it, he places his palm upon Etherian's shoulder. Instantly, he is surrounded by a bright flare of light that quickly fades, revealing a new Sergeant's badge on Etherian's chest.

[18:36] Dianelle says, "You managed to promote me after all."

[18:37] Dianelle says, "Sneaky."

[18:37] Jaibriel teasingly says, "Careful, it's a slippery slope."

[18:37] Dianelle says, "I'm not worried."

[18:39] You say, "Tis really all that I had for today! Things have been nice and quiet, of course."

[18:39] You ask, "Did anyone else have anything to share?"

[18:39] Hebion says to Rekave, "I think this is the best reason to halt a militia."

[18:40] Jaibriel says, "Just to thank you for being so amazing, all."

[18:40] Miskton says, "I'll probably be getting another vision discussion meeting scheduled soonish, but I haven't decided on exactly when, yet."

[18:40] Jaibriel says to you, "Especially all your hard work."

[18:40] You say, "Daw."

[18:40] You say to Miskton, "I will see you there, barring... unforseen events."

[18:40] Dianelle says to you, "You really are amazing."

[18:41] You say, "Ohh so are you."

[18:41] You say, "Aaand while I feel I can get away with it."

[18:41] Dianelle says to Rekave, "Thank you for giving me a reason to want to be involved again. Thank you for our triage building and this spot and just for being such a great Commander."

[18:42] You say to Rekave, "Thank you for all your help and work with the militia. I hope to hear rumors of what you move onto next about the city."

[18:42] Jaibriel says, "You changed the face of the city, really. For the better."

[18:42] Rekave says, "My sister might not agree totally."

[18:43] Rekave says, "But who cares what that cow thinks."

[18:43] Hebion says, "Perhaps you might have more free time to try and steal her position."

[18:43] Jaibriel says, "I'd make a joke about how much Shard loves cows, but I'm not sure it's... appropriate... Then again, I can't be fired."

[18:43] Rekave says, "I like the way you think."

[18:43] Rekave says to Jaibriel, "Hah."

[18:45] You say, "Well, afraid there's not gonna be moonlight for trips back north, those that are needin', unless you want to linger about for an anlas and some."

[18:46] Jaibriel says, "A good time to enjoy Shard."

[18:46] Kaelie says, "We can always walk back. It's not so bad."

[18:46] Jaibriel says, "Or beg a ranger for a hand climbing up north."

[18:46] Etherian says, "I can haul some people north."

[18:46] Rekave says, "Alright, I'll leave you all to it, and I'll likely see some of you around."

[18:46] Mazrian says, "Enjoy your retirement."

[18:47] Hebion says, "Good luck."

[18:47] You say to Rekave, "Fortune favor sir."

[18:47] Kaelie says, "Retirement never seems to last long enough."

[18:47] You say, "Hmmm retirement."

[18:47] Mazrian asks Kaelie, "It's going well so far, isn't it?"

[18:47] You say, "I've been looking forwards to that since I started doin' scribe work."

[18:48] Dianelle says, "Better to think of it as a vacation. People with talent don't stay idle forever."

[18:48] Lasciel says, "Some meeting."

[18:49] You say, "Speakin of scribe work, still got that sort of work to do! I'll have more time to write now..."

[18:49] Lasciel asks, "Still doing those spars??"

[18:49] You say, "Hmm, well I've been helping with Wyverns lately, there seems to be lots of spars going on."

[18:49] Dianelle says, "I'm going to check on triage and wander off."

[18:50] Jaibriel exclaims, "Take care!"

[18:50] Miskton says, "Well, I hope you all enjoy the rest of the evening."

[18:50] Dianelle says, "Pleasure serving with you all."

[18:50] You say to Dianelle, "The chest has gotten a bit unruly."

[18:50] Dianelle says, "Oh dear."

[18:50] You say, "See you all about, I'm sure."