HE has been very disappointing 11/20/2021 06:01 PM CST
After a second very disappointing year in a row, I am not sure paying over $120 for 2 premium accounts to attend a Fest with unlimited characters is worth it anymore. Other than the gift, across 10 characters, only 1 raffle win so far, and no item alterations. I have waited for years to get 1 planetary gem alteration on each account, and lost 2 slots over the past 2 years being refused because nobody would work on them. Today, out of 9 people on the list, after 2 backed out, and the last 2 left unchosen names were both of my characters on each account. Rather than do the last 2 alterations, after waiting for 3 hours, I was snubbed, and I took it personally this year. I will not particpate in HE next year unless something changes drastically, including having a waiting list that randomly chooses people for Limited Releases (Gortik). Instead of it being a postive break that is lots of fun, it has been a stressful frustrating experience, which never used to be the case. Darkbox used to be rewarding, and that has been so nerfed that it is just a waste of time and another disappointment. The excitement has been taken out of many of the things that we used to have fun with, even group bowling was such a blast for orders to have team tournaments. I am wondering how long it will take someone so read this, and if they care, do something about it.
Re: HE has been very disappointing 11/21/2021 09:33 AM CST

After several years of waiting for someone to work on planetary gems, I am wondering, as a double premium account holder, why we are still unable to use LTB alterations for planetary gems. Other Guild-related issues in the game are all of the trader shop owners that now have no way to change furniture beond basic pieces from the Crossing Warehouse. For well over a decade we had at least 2 shops at HE that had very nice trader shop furniture alternatives. For the past 2 years, not a single furnture shop has opened. I thought, after none of them opened last year, that at least 1 would be at Guildfest, but that did not happen either. After almost a decade, Traders finally got 1 interior caravan shop opened at this HE, which should have happened at Guildfest. Instead of having 100 shops that sell clothing, consider doing a few shops for Traders that have been seriously overlooked for a very long time. I has come to the point, because I am hearing so many other Trader PCs complain, that I am not afraid to step forward and voice those complaints. Maybe that is why I get singled out and snubbed, but that is not a way to treat customers. I find it very hard to believe, after what transpired last night, that someone was unable to do 7 alterations and leave after 5 because they hate their job so much, and treat the PCs who are paying customers. There were a few PCs there who witnessed this and were disappointed in the GM behind the Merchant for doing that. Having a disatisfied customer several years in a row means they probably won't return, and the losses do add up. I've already been told by 3 others that they won't be participating in next year's HE either. One even told me that they were so disappointed in the crafting tool shops (very low speed tools compared to previous years), that it was not worthwhile to spend RL money for HE access, and instead hire a crafter for plats, which ending up being me. I come to HE for a break in regular mundane things like neverending forging, but instead, my orders have increased because PC's want weapons altered at HE, or they couldn't find any tools better and faster than crafted tools like mine. Instead of ignoring the player base, which is the same as the customer base, perhaps listen to them a bit more to understand what their needs actually are, which will help increase the player base, and as a result the cusomer base, because they return and bring others. It seems to be going in the opposite direction the past 2 years. I am hoping that by voicing my concerns, someone does take it seriously and make a difference, like I am trying to do.
Re: HE has been very disappointing 11/21/2021 01:53 PM CST
I wanted to say that the feedback here has been seen. I'd also like to add that:

Alterations at Hollow Eve simply cannot be guaranteed, as we state in FESTIVAL POLICY. To be as fair as we can, the lists are also chosen completely at random. Many times a GameMaster has other commitments that can prevent staying to finish a list. There can be hard time cutoffs, too. In those cases, we try to choose names upfront so that those who are picked or not can be known in advance.

Shops will also come and go, and a shop's inventory may change from year to year. If you see something you like then that is the time to buy it as there's no guarantee the shop will open or offer the same things in a future year. In-between and while preparing for festivals, we do look at player requests for new things to release. Not every request is built every time, but I'd continue encourage anyone looking for a specific thing to continue to make requests.

- GM Ynami
Re: HE has been very disappointing 11/21/2021 04:13 PM CST

Just my 2 cents, I would tend to think at a pay fest there should be more items that are better then run of the mill items. Also changing finest box so much from previous years with no notice is pretty disappointing.