Hollow Eve Gift 11/01/2021 09:46 PM CDT
Happy Hollow Eve, folks!

As folks are still making their way to HE and picking up their gift, I wanted to put out some info about this year's special item.

What is it?
It's a special container, but different from last year's eddy. It has three key draws that make it stand out:
1) It's general worn, so it won't compete with precious back/belt/etc slots.
2) It functions like one of the "hold anything" containers, and can hold any 5 items regardless of size/weight.
3) It allows you to gain a (single) BONUS inventory slot to the location of your choosing, with some restrictions. Need another belt slot? You got it! Oh no, but there's a fancy ball this weekend and you want to show off ANOTHER fancy ring -- no worries, you can easily swap it over for the event!

You cannot bonus armor, weapon, brawling gear or tail slots. Bald folks can't bonus the two hair slots. If you pick a slot today, but decide you want a different one tomorrow, you can remove the bonused one and swap it to the new one. You can only bonus a single slot at a time from this gift. There is a 24 hour cooldown on this swapping.

Neat! How do I swap slots? Tell me more!
You can STUDY your container when you get it for some information on how this works. Primarily, you'll WHISPER to it for the list of slots and to select one, and then ADJUST it to activate or deactivate the bonus. Once active, it's a "set it and forget it" type thing -- you do not need to keep the container with you to maintain the extra slot. Remember, though -- you cannot change the slot without the container, so don't lose it!

You cannot deactivate a slot if you're wearing too many items there for the new reduced limit.

The STUDY will also tell you if it's in cooldown or not.

What if I forget which slot I've bonused?
Good news! We've updated the INV SLOTS command to mark the slot you have bonused in case you forget! You'll see "(+)" next to a bonused slot.

Ok ok. How do I get it?
Head on over to Saidakyp of Andreshlew (the alteration and registration place!) and look for Tailor Ichea. You can ASK ICHEA FOR GIFT to get your base item -- it's randomized for everyone! If you wish to customize it, STUDY ICHEA to get started on that process -- customizing is done after you have the initial base version. Take advantage of the registrar next door to register it once you're happy with it!

What if I want it to look different later?
While nothing is set in stone until it releases, the current plan is for Ichea to remain at / return for future Hollow Eve events, so you'll be able to re-customize your container in the future. There may be a plat cost to customize them after this year, though, so try out a few styles while it's free to do so this year!

Zadraes