The Ripplegates Reopen 10/28/2021 01:46 AM CDT
(OOC: Quick log of speaking to Ceryaen about this years' troubles and tasks)

It has been 439 years, 337 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
It is the 9th month of Dolefaren the Brigantine (ship) in the year of the Emerald Dolphin.
It is currently fall and it is dusk.
You're fairly certain it's 4 roisaen after the Anlas of Tamsine's Toil.

> raise my ecosphere
With a gurgle, a pool of water quickly bubbles up from the ground and lifts into the air. It begins to spiral, like a whirlpool turned on its side, forming an unstable ripplegate.
You nod.

[The Crossing, Town Green North]
A small path of bent grass leads to a narrow stretch of cobblestones between the grass and the privet hedge that stands before Milgrym the Weaponsmith's. The town's main source of serviceable arms, Milgrym does a good trade and has a solid reputation. The stream of customers, though steady, seems careful not to disturb the usual tranquility of the facing greensward.
You also see an unstable ripplegate, the town green pond and a public listings board.
Also here: Ambassador Sliayyl.
Obvious paths: north, east, southeast, south, southwest, west.
Sliayyl mumbles something under his breath.
> go ripple
As you reach out and touch the watery surface, the world disappears in a ripple of bubbles and gurgling sounds. In the blink of an eye, you re-emerge on the other side...
Sliayyl stops following you.

[Stone Rotunda, Gathering Hall]
The circular room is massive and contains several tiered balconies reaching towards the dome overhead. Here, on the ground level, the space is open with only a rectangular stone table at its heart -- a centerpiece viewable from the countless elevated seats in the galleries above. Numerous tanks containing bioluminescent fish, corals and other sea-life line the walls, providing ample illumination for the chamber.
You also see Preserver of Balance Kixfa, Opportunity Broker Petret, Transmuter Zaenen, a turbulent ripplegate, Form Shaper Vestaet, Aluna's Protector Iaxet, Arbiter Ceryaen and a deep pool.
Obvious exits: east.
Roundtime: 4 sec.

You chirr contentedly.
Sliayyl emerges from a turbulent ripplegate, shaken and very wet.
You smile at Sliayyl.
Sliayyl joins your group.
Ceryaen smiles.
You chirr contentedly at Arbiter Ceryaen.
Sliayyl gives a short, truncated trill.
You humbly genuflect, curling your tail behind you.
Ceryaen says, "Greetings, drylanders, and well met once again."
You quietly say, "We are here to help."
Your body is continuing to drip water everywhere.
You reach for one of the tendrils and give it a squeeze, causing the whole cloak to come alive as the vines probe curiously towards the ground. Satisfied, the vines anchor themselves into the ground and then slowly stretch back up, efficiently absorbing the water dripping from you.
Roundtime: 4 sec.
Sliayyl's body is dripping water everywhere.
Ceryaen says, "Andreshlew approaches. We have had troubles in the depths once again, I'm afraid."
You wince.
You nod to Arbiter Ceryaen.
Sliayyl nods.
Sliayyl asks, "Is anything we can help with?"
Ceryaen sways from side to side ever so slightly, keeping perfect pace with the crash of waves on the nearby beaches.
Ceryaen says, "A group of death cultists have been causing significant disruptions. We fear they may make it to your towns and cities soon, if they have not already done so."
Sliayyl's tail stands rigid against his back, the scales along it lifting to form an alarmed, serrated edge.
You quietly say, "They have. But only just after Speaker Kolanem gave us warning."
Ceryaen says, "I am relieved to hear that the warning was received in time. While they are a grave threat, I believe others are handling that situation at this time. For my part, however, there are duties that we could use assistance with."
You nod to Arbiter Ceryaen.
Sliayyl nods.
Sliayyl raises his head slightly, uttering a brief, inquiring trill.
Ceryaen says, "With Andreshlew near, we expect a great number of visitors. With the Voidgazer disruptions, and the Trickling Sun still recovering from the tomiek corruption before, we have been unable to properly prepare the dolphins for their great trips."
You nod in agreement.
Ceryaen glances at the nearby pool.
You quietly say, "Understandable."
Sliayyl gives a short, truncated trill.
You observe a deep pool with fascination.
Sliayyl gazes at a deep pool.
You hang a cone-shaped ecosphere dangling from a complex animite chain around your neck.
Ceryaen says, "It is a little strange, but we believe the skill of drylanders is sufficient to help prepare them. There also still remains lingering corruption, even now, years after the great spider perished."
You wince.
Sliayyl ponders.
You nod.
Ceryaen says, "We fear that the fish and birds have found these small fragments and begun carrying them inland, up streams and rivers and into the drylands beyond."
You fidget worriedly, unconsciously giving voice to a soft, high-pitched trill.
You click your claws together.
Sliayyl nods.
Ceryaen says, "Your assistance before was invaluable, and much of the greater tomiek remains have been dealt with. Even now, the seas begin to recover from the corruption. But the threat is not yet fully banished, and your assistance would be most appreciated."
You nod in agreement.
Sliayyl nods in agreement.
Sliayyl says, "Would be honored to assist."
You quietly say, "Absolutely. We are eager to help in any way we can. We'll make sure the others know that the ripplegates are working again."
You tap a cone-shaped ecosphere dangling from a complex animite chain that you are wearing.
Ceryaen says, "I am pleased that the ecospheres magic has held, it is a good sign that you have found us, we are close enough for such transport to work. It will perhaps be less chaotic than before with our mages casting out randomly."
Sliayyl nods in agreement.
Ceryaen says, "I must speak with the other representatives, but I shall be happy to discuss tasks you may assist us with when you are ready. Please, also, enlist others as you are able."
Sliayyl says, "As ambassador to the Theren Guard I will let them all know the need you have."
Ceryaen nods appreciatively.
Sliayyl trills softly at you.
You chirr contentedly at Sliayyl.
Sliayyl smiles.
You nod.
You quietly ask Sliayyl, "Shall we corral some helpers?"
You grin at Sliayyl.
Sliayyl says, "That we shall do."
Sliayyl grins at you.
You nod in agreement.
Sliayyl says, "Great thing about my role I can scream from the roof tops."
Sliayyl chuckles.
You chortle at Sliayyl.
You quietly say to Sliayyl, "Great thing about being old.. I can do that without a title."
You flick your tongue mischievously at Sliayyl, turning the tip of your tail in a small circle.
Sliayyl laughs!
Sliayyl clicks his claws together.
Sliayyl says, "We all need our excuses i spose to be well the way we are."
Sliayyl grins.
You chortle softly at some secret joke.
Arbiter Ceryaen shifts from one foot to another, putting her weight on her trident in the process.
Sliayyl whispers, "so should we go and recruit or we wait?"
You whisper to Sliayyl, "Let's go recruit. We can come back via ripplegate."
Sliayyl nods to you.
You quietly exclaim, "We will bring more willing hands. Be well!"
Sliayyl says, "Be well. We are going to try to find help for your cause."
You give a bright, high-pitched trill from the back of your throat.

As you reach out and touch the watery surface, the world disappears in a ripple of bubbles and gurgling sounds. In the blink of an eye, you re-emerge on the other side...
Sliayyl stops following you.

[The Crossing, Town Green North]
A small path of bent grass leads to a narrow stretch of cobblestones between the grass and the privet hedge that stands before Milgrym the Weaponsmith's. The town's main source of serviceable arms, Milgrym does a good trade and has a solid reputation. The stream of customers, though steady, seems careful not to disturb the usual tranquility of the facing greensward.
You also see the town green pond and a public listings board.
Obvious paths: north, east, southeast, south, southwest, west.
Roundtime: 3 sec.

A cascade of rippling water appears in midair and crashes to the ground, depositing a shaken and very wet Sliayyl.

Sliayyl's body is dripping with water. Pools of it are forming all around him.
You quietly say, "Ahh, yes. The Dampening."
You chortle softly at some secret joke.
Sliayyl grins.
Sliayyl says, "Ok Necalli, need to find him."
You nod to Sliayyl.
Sliayyl says, "He sent me a thought while in there."
Sliayyl chuckles.
You quietly say, "I would expect that there might be more cultist activity in cities along coasts. Or perhaps just with water."