HE Gift Eddy versus Containers 12/03/2020 11:52 AM CST
I like to be organized. For me, that means knowing where all my stuff is and using a system of containers to make sure things are where they're supposed to be. My vault (for example) has a bunch of colored backpacks, each one serving it's own role.

I do love this year's Hollow Eve gift. One thing that's frustrating, though, is there's no way to list contents inside of any containers within.

Since the items aren't on the character INVENTORY LIST doesn't work.

Any chance for a way to crawl through containers inside the watery portal? An attached vault book, maybe? Something?

- I
Re: HE Gift Eddy versus Containers 12/03/2020 08:31 PM CST

When building the vault book for the eddies it would be fantastic to do the same for the family vaults as well...
Re: HE Gift Eddy versus Containers 12/04/2020 11:12 AM CST
>>I do love this year's Hollow Eve gift. One thing that's frustrating, though, is there's no way to list contents inside of any containers within.

Inv eddy shows what is in the eddy

~Gab
Re: HE Gift Eddy versus Containers 12/04/2020 12:09 PM CST
>Inv eddy shows what is in the eddy

OK?

>there's no way to list contents inside of any containers within

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors." -Raesh
Re: HE Gift Eddy versus Containers 12/04/2020 12:20 PM CST
>> there's no way to list contents inside of any containers within

To clarify: yes, this is what I'm talking about.

- I have a pouch in my eddy. There's stuff in it. I use INV EDDY and I can see the pouch, but I can't see what's in it.
- If I take the pouch out of my eddy and hold/wear it, or stow it somewhere else, I can use INV LIST and see the contents.
- If I take the pouch and put in in my vault, my vault book will show the contents.

I'd love a method -- any method -- to see things in things inside the eddy itself. I'd prefer not to just dump everything in at the root level, if I can avoid it.

- I
Re: HE Gift Eddy versus Containers 12/09/2020 01:19 AM CST
Agree, I'm holding out on using my eddy for now for the reason that I can't see what's inside the containers in the eddy. I'm optimistically waiting for a solution with INV LIST or VAULT BOOK.
Re: HE Gift Eddy versus Containers 12/09/2020 07:29 PM CST
Same here, not being able to see nested items really hampers my use of what is a great gift.
Re: HE Gift Eddy versus Containers 12/15/2020 05:47 PM CST
>I'm optimistically waiting for a solution with INV LIST

Ok. :) Take a peek at INV LIST and see how it works? Update is just in Prime right now -- it may also affect the linked bags we've sold at auctions before since they have similar mechanics. Once I'm sure it's not going to explode things, I'll push it to Plat/TF.

Zadraes
Re: HE Gift Eddy versus Containers 12/15/2020 05:53 PM CST
>> Take a peek at INV LIST and see how it works?

INV LIST is doing what I want it to do.
INV SEARCH is, likewise, working as expected.
I have not exploded.

Praise upon you.

- I
Re: HE Gift Eddy versus Containers 12/15/2020 06:33 PM CST
Thanks for this!

Will it be possible to apply this to doing "INV EDDY", to see inside containers in the eddies as well?
Re: HE Gift Eddy versus Containers 12/15/2020 08:32 PM CST
Thank you! This is very much appreciated enhancement to an awesome container :)
Re: HE Gift Eddy versus Containers 12/15/2020 08:34 PM CST
> Will it be possible to apply this to doing "INV EDDY", to see inside containers in the eddies as well?

I'm not against that being a thing, but wanted to clarify that "INV <container>" doesn't show the inner contents of containers within the container. I believe only "INV LIST" ever did that, and this tweak was to bring the eddy container inline with that behavior.
Re: HE Gift Eddy versus Containers 12/16/2020 12:29 AM CST
>but wanted to clarify that "INV <container>" doesn't show the inner contents of containers within the container

Pretty much this. I just juggled some things so the default INV behavior for other containers applied to the eddies as well. We're not looking to add/change how INV works at this time.

Zadraes
Re: HE Gift Eddy versus Containers 12/16/2020 02:07 AM CST
Durr. I must have gotten the two confused. I haven't had a container inside another container EXCEPT eddies since I got them. :P Its been a long couple months!
Re: HE Gift Eddy versus Containers 12/18/2020 11:57 PM CST
Great news about INV verb working with eddies in a recursive fashion, any chance you could make FILL work with them as well? FILL my eddy with my <some other bag>? Specifically, even if you could just make it work with lootsacks that would be nice. Thanks!

Damian, a voice from the distant and long-forgotten past.