Please improve playability of the Aiding the Merelew kill tasks 11/28/2020 11:20 PM CST
I really liked the concept of the Aiding the Merelew event, but for me as an empath, the kill tasks completely sucked. I'm not even talking about the champion tasks, which I didn't even attempt.

As an empath, I'm not a huge hunter. I do hunt, but my hunting skills are all low for my circle, coming in somewhere in the low 200s (I'm 114th circle). I go into a room to hunt, and there's always somebody bigger, so they turn the critters into ones that will squash me. I can't stay engaged in combat long enough to kill anything, and it takes a ridiculously long time to complete those tasks. If I wait for the next room to cycle through, there are usually even bigger players there. Also, only being able to hunt the Merelew (or the deeplight fish, if I care to seek out a cleric for a Bless spell) really limits my options. I spend a ridiculous amount of time waiting for Merelew to spawn. Once they get going, they are good, but it takes a stupid amount of time for that to happen.

I don't know what the answer is, but I really, really, really wanted to get the scrimshawed pendant after earning 600 points, and now that's looking iffy.

Please, please, make these tasks easier to complete in the future, and please don't force us little guys to go against creatures that are SO much higher than we are.

I know it's too late to do anything about this for this HE, this is just feedback for future events.

Thanks so much for all that you guys do for us.
Re: Please improve playability of the Aiding the Merelew kill tasks 11/29/2020 03:07 AM CST
As an add-on, there is something very badly wrong with your system. As I said, I really, really want the scrimshawed pendant, so I'm staying up all night to get it before the fest ends. I have had kill/champion tasks for the last 8 times in a row. This is utterly ridiculous and unacceptable. Only two of those were kill. I declined the first and took the second because I'm desperate. But the now 5 champion tasks in a row after the last kill task is just stupid and unfair and totally frustrating. There's something wrong here.
Re: Please improve playability of the Aiding the Merelew kill tasks 11/29/2020 12:14 PM CST
>As an add-on, there is something very badly wrong with your system. As I said, I really, really want the scrimshawed pendant, so I'm staying up all night to get it before the fest ends. I have had kill/champion tasks for the last 8 times in a row. This is utterly ridiculous and unacceptable. Only two of those were kill. I declined the first and took the second because I'm desperate. But the now 5 champion tasks in a row after the last kill task is just stupid and unfair and totally frustrating. There's something wrong here.

There does seem to be a problem/bug as explained above. Try accepting the task and then cancelling it right away. Good luck!

- Felicini