Guildfest 2021 08/14/2020 12:13 PM CDT
Hello there!
I will first say that I suck at Dragonrealms forums. I can't find anything!
I will go on to ask if there is a thread started about Guildfest 2021?

I remember 2019 there was some speak of "not enough notice" for certain vendors, so I want to make sure there is lots of time for my wishlist :-D.

Dear Santa,
I have been a good S'Kra and would like to see seigery sets return to Guildfest next year. I have been looking for them even at the other mini fests! They didn't make an appearance in 2019 though :'(.
Also, I love the ties and things tent.
I will write again when I have more.
Kzin
Re: Guildfest 2021 08/15/2020 02:48 PM CDT

If you are looking at the play.net forums, it's not you that sucks at the forums. It's the forums using technology well over 20 years old that suck.
The good news is everything is apparently mirrored here, http://www.tinyheroes.com/forums/DragonRealms/view and these forums at least seem to be google searchable even if no internal search method. Also lets you show new posts. Wish I could show replies to my own posts/replies. Oh well, hope this helps.
Re: Guildfest 2021 08/15/2020 06:55 PM CDT
What are you talking about, the forums are as intuitive and easy to navigate as ever!

On the subject of which I feel like a forum thread wishlist for next year is going to get lost in the next N months of pandemic... might not be a bad idea to start maintaining a list on your Elanthipedia user page or something.

"Warrior Mages don't bother covering up their disasters.
They're proud of them." -Raesh, on history
Re: Guildfest 2021 09/01/2020 01:25 PM CDT

Wait a sec there, hijacker. Is that just a mirror of the play.net forums? Am I just trying to navigate the wrong place? And YES that would be immensely helpful to move from a 20 yo platform to a 10 yo platform. I wonder if I'll get flashing text...
Re: Guildfest 2021 09/01/2020 06:09 PM CDT

Yes, as I said it seems to be a mirror. But the SHOW NEW MESSAGES link makes a huge difference for me, plus like I said, google searchable. The really weird part is if I go to the Tiny Forums main page I can not find any link link to the Dragonrealms section. Found it completely by chance while googling an Dragonrealms issue.

Start here http://www.tinyheroes.com/forums/DragonRealms/view
Re: Guildfest 2021 09/01/2020 07:13 PM CDT
Almost certainly it's 100% the same back end just different CSS:

C:\>nslookup tinyheroes.com

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: tinyheroes.com
Address: 199.188.208.239

C:\>nslookup forums.play.net

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: heroku.simutronics.com
Address: 199.188.208.239
Aliases: forums.play.net

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors." -Raesh