Prev_page Previous 1
Fate of the Crown 09/06/2018 02:08 PM CDT
When: Sat, Sept 8th at 9pm EST

Location: Allies of the Immortals may gather at the gate to the Crossing Temple (DIR TEMPLE within the Crossing for directions). Others may contact Nefis in game for more information.

After a scholar claimed to have discovered an important historical artifact, a struggle has ensued to determine its ultimate fate. Please join us, and lend your aid to your allies! All are welcome, but please come with plenty of favors.

This event is open to the community, and no background with the story is necessary.

But if you'd like to learn more about the lore surrounding the crown/circlet, Vorclaf, or the “Eye of Light” gem, feel free to contact Tirost, Angel or Navesi in game.

If you're interested in joining the adventurer's strike team, feel free to contact Mazrian or Tirost.

If you're interested in joining the Dark Side, please contact Nefis.

The story so far:

Following clues from a partially deciphered notebook, Tirost went in search of his missing friend Lasika, and instead found a chest hidden in a cave in Arthe Dale. Inside the chest was a warped silver crown bearing a strange gem, along with a note with a message in Gamgweth. Tirost went to Throne City in order to research the note and the crown, and developed a theory that the crown may have once been a part of a thin silver circlet Vorclaf wore when he died fighting Lyras. Tirost sent word to his friend Olave to ask any interested scholars to meet with him outside of Aesmath Academy. At the meeting, when Tirost revealed the crown to those in attendance, a powerful necromancer named Nefis severed the tendons of his arm with magic, and one of the necromancer's accomplices made off with the crown in the ensuing chaos.

Afterward, several adventurers deciphered all of Lasika's journal, which communicated the delusions under which Lasika sought to make use of the silver crown, as well as clues to the location of others that might know about the origin of the recovered fragment. Azettie Poppy was asked to investigate the cave in Arthe Dale that contained the first fragment, while Kaelie, Oscearo and Tirost sought out people that knew Lasika during the time she was writing the journal.

The adventurers' investigation lead to an Olvi woman named Bellula, who had been treated with Lasika at a mental hospital in Riverhaven. Several adventurers met with Bellula in Arthe Dale, where she put various riddles to those in attendance, before admitting that Lasika had given her a silver crown, and entrusting it to Mazrian Daemondred. At the same meeting, Azettie arrived from searching the nearby cave, and found another coded note that was likely written by Lasika. As soon as Azettie handed the note to Tirost, Totenus attacked from the shadows and nearly severed Tirost's arm, though he managed to escape, sending the note with Mazrian in the hopes that it could be deciphered quickly by the True Bard Navesi Daerthon.

Eager to locate Nefis and make an attempt to recover the stolen crown, Tirost sought out the help of Ruea, whom he knew to have unparalleled skill in gathering intelligence, and Hanryu, the renown ranger of Ilithi. Both agreed to use their talents to help track down the time and place where Nefis might be in possession of the crown.

Meanwhile Navesi successfully deciphered the note Azettie had found, which contained vague directions to one of Lasika's countless hidden stashes. Those with access to the clues sought the third crown fragment, but, when Tirost found the location mentioned in the note, all he found was an empty chest, suggesting that its contents had been lately moved.

When Hanryu and Ruea managed to learn the time and location of Nefis's plans, a meeting was called to form a plan to reacquire the stolen piece. Believing the stolen crown to have once belonged to Prince Vorclaf, and eager to see the artifact returned to House Sorvendig of Zoluren, Tirost has been seeking allies to help win back the crown from the Perverse necromancers who will not part with it lightly.
Re: Fate of the Crown 09/08/2018 08:12 PM CDT
You know its ok to mention when an event requires someone to purchase a Visa pass at minimum to join in the event, I felt very interested in this and may have been persuaded in doing so had I known it ahead of time. :/

"I, for one, think it's nice to have new folks who are excited and already care enough about the game to offer suggestions. We need more of that." -Solomon

Thanks for being in my corner Solomon, come back soon.
Re: Fate of the Crown 09/08/2018 09:18 PM CDT
>You know its ok to mention when an event requires someone to purchase a Visa pass at minimum to join in the event, I felt very interested in this and may have been persuaded in doing so had I known it ahead of time. :/

I wasn't involved, apart from being fodder, but apologies for that. I'd quite forgotten the travel restriction regarding destinations south of Zoluren. If I'm involved in anything in the future I'll be certain to check the status of that.
Re: Fate of the Crown 09/08/2018 10:46 PM CDT
I'm so sorry to hear it required a visa. I thought that it only required one to go south of the gondola, and this one took place north of the gondola.

- Navesi
Re: Fate of the Crown 09/09/2018 05:42 AM CDT
>>I'm so sorry to hear it required a visa. I thought that it only required one to go south of the gondola, and this one took place north of the gondola.<<

I didn't even think of that. The border is at the checkpoint a tiny bit north of the Gondola, and the Gash is south of that.

Good reason to subscribe, IMO. The game world is a lot bigger than Zoluren.

Mazrian
Re: Fate of the Crown 09/09/2018 08:00 AM CDT

Personally, I loved the the fact that Discord was brought into the event -- good job. The metagaming based solely on my Discord name (NecroGnome / Necro Gnome Iconn / Totally Not a Necro Iconn) by several in your group resulted in Nsar being outed prematurely. But hey, at least I got a weak apology (sort of) from Whiteburn after her spell failed to kill me.

The Discord name, by the way, was originally a joke based on NECRONOMICON (it's a book by H.P. Lovecraft).

~Totally Not A Necrolord and Guildleader Iconn (or is he?)
Re: Fate of the Crown 09/09/2018 08:34 AM CDT
>>Personally, I loved the the fact that Discord was brought into the event -- good job. The metagaming based solely on my Discord name (NecroGnome / Necro Gnome Iconn / Totally Not a Necro Iconn) by several in your group resulted in Nsar being outed prematurely. But hey, at least I got a weak apology (sort of) from Whiteburn after her spell failed to kill me.

I'm under the impression people were skeptical of your character because he was unwilling to bend to their scrutiny at the previous meeting.

BTW, Nsar has publically casted Necro spells before. (At my own character, for instance.)
Re: Fate of the Crown 09/09/2018 08:38 AM CDT
Uhh, dude. You tried to slip into a private meeting in Navesi's home a week before this event. At that meeting were a bunch of people who all knew each other and you, who nobody knew or was inclined to trust blindly given what was going on. You had no favors and when you were asked to let Kaelie (an Empath) clear you, you got defensive and left.

You were careless and drew attention to yourself and that is your fault and not any sort of metagaming.

Mazrian
Re: Fate of the Crown 09/09/2018 09:13 AM CDT
>>BTW, Nsar has publically casted Necro spells before. (At my own character, for instance.)

No clue 'who your character is' but Nsar publicly cast Necro spells while he was a BARD and was very open about it. I rerolled this character some months ago and have stayed completely off-grid, even in pvp events that I host and love to participate in, until Whiteburn did her thing last night. I've participated at Order events, planning events, and even anti-Necromancer events with zero issue to keep appearances up, mostly to avoid the same sort of quasi-OOC scrutiny that Iconn was subjected to.

Its tough enough to play a character that isnt on Team Good Guy without going over the top and being a hindrance to the folks around you. Its even tougher to try to keep one quiet without running off and hiding at every hint of possible conflict or potential disclosure. Having someone attempting to metagame another character and blowing up all that effort really makes it not worth the effort.

-N
Re: Fate of the Crown 09/09/2018 09:29 AM CDT

I can confirm that Nsar has not cast any necro spells at anyone since he's rerolled as a necro so whomever you are, you are quite wrong. How do I know you ask? Because Zehira is the only one that KNEW he was a necro, why do you ask...because well she always needs other minions. And I have been helping him learn how to stay hidden, lay low and do what he wanted to do. He knew that he was going to be outed last night obviously, just not before the event even completely started. Also, Razhak is a necro.

Z

I don't feel that I need to explain my art to you, Warren.
Re: Fate of the Crown 09/09/2018 09:41 AM CDT
>>No clue 'who your character is' but Nsar publicly cast Necro spells while he was a BARD and was very open about it.

I thought you were still a Bard who just gained a ton of necrojuice from casting them often enough. I think your outing is kind of pointless really, as you said yourself, you were basically known for using the same Kool-Aid.

That said, I don't think anyone was metagaming Iconn, he was at a previous meet where people were scrutinizing unknown persons, and Iconn suspiciously didn't accept that and left.

Whiteburn used HH to settle the issue about Iconn's person, and you got caught in the cross-fire.

A previous position by GMs that being outed is inevitable comes to mind here.
Re: Fate of the Crown 09/09/2018 10:58 AM CDT
>>That said, I don't think anyone was metagaming Iconn, he was at a previous meet where people were scrutinizing unknown persons, and Iconn suspiciously didn't accept that and left.<<

Were I actually on the "Bad Guy" side, a Commoner would have been perfect to get insider knowledge and pass it on to them.

~Player of Iconn the Commoner (honest)
Re: Fate of the Crown 09/09/2018 11:03 AM CDT

The issue to this all is simple.

The event was not handled correctly.

From the information that was given out OOC to the information given IC.

Many things happened that just shouldnt of happened as they did. There was no RP once the attackers came in. Not a word only assumption.

Nefis set this up with Tirost to bring the rest of the realms into a good place to RP with necromancers, and people got overzealous and did the thing they do best. Kill without rp.

There has to be a bit of leeway in these things. Necromancers normally work in the shadows and this event was planned to help bridge the gap for Role playing to the rest of the realms the involved Necromancers. The issues that came about were sad. The day had no RP besides the setup of both sides. OOC info got passed IC and left so much to be developed for.

We need to handle these things better. Yes fighting and killing should be part of the situation, but the issue wasnt that. The issue was this was suppose to be a big RP event that turned into 30 seconds of killing and that was that.

Lots of OOC info was shared and it turned out into team good guys KNEW exactly what was going on and knew where it was at so the only action they could take was to go in and kill.

I think the idea of these events is to make sure we have rp, and to draw out the play of the whole thing. We learned alot from this event and moving forward we should know to not spread as much information so we can have some fun figuring stuff out, roleplaying alot more, and enjoying the events we as players enjoy doing.

The understanding of this event should pull away with two things. This event went badly, and what can we do to make sure the next event goes better.
Re: Fate of the Crown 09/09/2018 11:57 AM CDT
>>You know its ok to mention when an event requires someone to purchase a Visa pass at minimum to join in the event, I felt very interested in this and may have been persuaded in doing so had I known it ahead of time. :/

>>I'm so sorry to hear it required a visa. I thought that it only required one to go south of the gondola, and this one took place north of the gondola.

You don't need a visa to go where the event occurred, just to use moongates that move between two zones (with the event area technically residing in the same zone as the northern outskirts of Ilithi rather than the southern outskirts of Zoluren).

>>You were careless and drew attention to yourself and that is your fault and not any sort of metagaming.

This, honestly, is where a lot of the problems with playing a necromancer currently lie. The frank truth is that virtually nobody playing a necromancer is particularly good at living their cover 24/7. Sort of an impossible task for someone trying to have fun playing a game, though.

>>Many things happened that just shouldnt of happened as they did. There was no RP once the attackers came in. Not a word only assumption.

>>Nefis set this up with Tirost to bring the rest of the realms into a good place to RP with necromancers, and people got overzealous and did the thing they do best. Kill without rp.

>>We need to handle these things better. Yes fighting and killing should be part of the situation, but the issue wasnt that. The issue was this was suppose to be a big RP event that turned into 30 seconds of killing and that was that.

Unfortunately true, although I'm not sure how things could have been handled better without GM assistance without doing some frankly OOC things like having a paladin come in and banner the room so there's time for monologuing.

Which isn't to say I'd be against such OOC things happening as long as everyone involved understood these were OOC things being done to facilitate a better experience for everyone.
Re: Fate of the Crown 09/09/2018 02:53 PM CDT

>You don't need a visa to go where the event occurred, just to use moongates that move between two zones (with the event area technically residing in the same zone as the northern outskirts of Ilithi rather than the southern outskirts of Zoluren).

Not sure what you're saying here, but the crux of event was "Ok everyone, gather at a Zoluren location, we're going to use a moongate to move to an Ilithi location and wont tell you this ahead of time, or where you can meet up or join from a Zoluren location." To that point, it was made unclear that events would be moving to non Zoluren locations and, being as interested as I was to participate in this roleplaying event (and it sounds like it could of seriously used someone who would of put in some effort), had I known ahead of time that it was going to start out by going to a Visa Required region, I would of likely purchased one.

Maybe put in the description, "This quest may require a subscription or a visa to participate in, please ask one of the event coordinators for additional detail." I think that's the kind of disclaimer people can get behind.

"I, for one, think it's nice to have new folks who are excited and already care enough about the game to offer suggestions. We need more of that." -Solomon

Thanks for being in my corner Solomon, come back soon.
Re: Fate of the Crown 09/09/2018 03:06 PM CDT
>>Not sure what you're saying here, but the crux of event was "Ok everyone, gather at a Zoluren location, we're going to use a moongate to move to an Ilithi location and wont tell you this ahead of time, or where you can meet up or join from a Zoluren location." To that point, it was made unclear that events would be moving to non Zoluren locations and, being as interested as I was to participate in this roleplaying event (and it sounds like it could of seriously used someone who would of put in some effort), had I known ahead of time that it was going to start out by going to a Visa Required region, I would of likely purchased one.

Wait, lemme get this straight... You're getting pissy because your free ride didnt get all the bells and whistles that come with the subscriber experience? And you're complaining that an event, one that was planned by a small handful of people mind you, that was attended by groups totaling 50+ characters didnt express every possible detail or caveat?

Wanna play in every province without notice? Pony up 20 bucks a month. Problem solved. Otherwise you get what you pay for?

-Nsar
Re: Fate of the Crown 09/09/2018 03:39 PM CDT
>>Not sure what you're saying here, but the crux of event was "Ok everyone, gather at a Zoluren location, we're going to use a moongate to move to an Ilithi location and wont tell you this ahead of time, or where you can meet up or join from a Zoluren location." To that point, it was made unclear that events would be moving to non Zoluren locations and, being as interested as I was to participate in this roleplaying event (and it sounds like it could of seriously used someone who would of put in some effort), had I known ahead of time that it was going to start out by going to a Visa Required region, I would of likely purchased one.

>>Maybe put in the description, "This quest may require a subscription or a visa to participate in, please ask one of the event coordinators for additional detail." I think that's the kind of disclaimer people can get behind.

The reason it didn't is because nobody except a handful of people would even be aware that you can't take a moongate from Crossing to a place north of the gondola platform as f2p. Nor would they be aware that it's only a restriction as regards moongates; you can travel to the area on foot with no problems.

The reason it happens is because the zone map is a little bit wonky, much like many of the other systems underpinning the game we play.
Re: Fate of the Crown 09/09/2018 04:18 PM CDT
Thank you very much to everyone who came out for the events in this story arc. I also really appreciate all the time and effort of the players of Nefis, Talmoon, Morlen and Olave who've been part of the planning team for these events.

I'm also super grateful to Nefis and team Perverse for adding their awesome creative talents to the story.

>You know its ok to mention when an event requires someone to purchase a Visa pass at minimum to join in the event...

Apologies for this. The actual location of the ritual was an important part of the in game RP, so I wanted to leave the actual location off the calendar. I was also under the impression that the area would be accessible to f2p because of its proximity to snowbeasts, but I'm sorry I didn't confirm beforehand.

>The event was not handled correctly.

>Lots of OOC info was shared and it turned out into team good guys KNEW exactly what was going on and knew where it was at so the only action they could take was to go in and kill.

I also apologize for the actual combat situation being less than ideal. The way team good found out about the plans for the ritual was a huge part of the storyline leading up to the Fate event, and, in my mind, Nefis did an awesome job running those RP scenarios with the people who were tracking him.

>Personally, I loved the the fact that Discord was brought into the event -- good job. The metagaming based solely on my Discord name (NecroGnome / Necro Gnome Iconn / Totally Not a Necro Iconn) by several in your group resulted in Nsar being outed prematurely.

I definitely hear you on the problem of metagaming in general, but I think the cases of Iconn and Nsar in these instances are examples of good RP.

While I think it was awesome that Iconn would try to infiltrate a secret meeting, I think it actually would have been less true to the in game characters and circumstances if he wasn't vetted. Tirost had been attacked at least three times by necromancers in the course of those events, and it would have been ridiculous - to me at least - if he wasn't suspicious of anyone he didn't know. For those reasons, Tirost asked a cleric to check some people's favor with the immortals, and those who seemed suspicious were then asked to submit to an empath's touch. Iconn refused, which says a lot. Another character was vetted, passed, and remained in the meeting.

When Iconn showed up again right before it was time to launch the attack, Tirost actually asked Whiteburn - probably the most experienced and best known inquisitor in Elanthia - to take action, which resulted, ironically, in Nsar's death (whom Tirost believed to be a sorcerer like himself, and to whom he felt grateful for offering his help). In the end, I feel like both situations, which resulted in characters being exposed for necromancy, occured in ways that make a lot of sense for how necromancers taking those sorts of risks should be exposed in DR. I also thought it was really cool that Nsar, after reviving himself, dragged off another character and threatened to sacrifice her to the Hunger over gweth (which was really creepy, awesome, and a great improvised reaction to what took place that added a lot to the overall experience).

I sincerely apologize to anyone who felt the event didn't meet their expectations. My goal with this arc was to have a lore-based story that was open to everyone in the community who wanted to participate - something that felt exciting, interesting and meaningful. I'm sure I made a lot of mistakes, but I truly can't say enough good things about those who helped plan the events, and those who showed up to RP.

The DR community has some of the best roleplayers and most interesting characters I've ever had the privilege to interact with, and I really appreciate everyone who came out.
Re: Fate of the Crown 09/09/2018 07:02 PM CDT

>>I definitely hear you on the problem of metagaming in general, but I think the cases of Iconn and Nsar in these instances are examples of good RP.

While I think it was awesome that Iconn would try to infiltrate a secret meeting, I think it actually would have been less true to the in game characters and circumstances if he wasn't vetted. Tirost had been attacked at least three times by necromancers in the course of those events, and it would have been ridiculous - to me at least - if he wasn't suspicious of anyone he didn't know. For those reasons, Tirost asked a cleric to check some people's favor with the immortals, and those who seemed suspicious were then asked to submit to an empath's touch. Iconn refused, which says a lot. Another character was vetted, passed, and remained in the meeting.

When Iconn showed up again right before it was time to launch the attack, Tirost actually asked Whiteburn - probably the most experienced and best known inquisitor in Elanthia - to take action, which resulted, ironically, in Nsar's death (whom Tirost believed to be a sorcerer like himself, and to whom he felt grateful for offering his help). In the end, I feel like both situations, which resulted in characters being exposed for necromancy, occured in ways that make a lot of sense for how necromancers taking those sorts of risks should be exposed in DR. I also thought it was really cool that Nsar, after reviving himself, dragged off another character and threatened to sacrifice her to the Hunger over gweth (which was really creepy, awesome, and a great improvised reaction to what took place that added a lot to the overall experience).<<

First, Iconn is a Commoner, not a Necromancer, so he was not "exposed for necromancy" in any situation. Personally, I felt zero to little effort at RP towards him. For the first meeting, he followed some large group of people to someone's house out of curiosity, nobody (that I saw at least) tried to speak to him about WHY he doesn't have any favors (again, he is a COMMONER and hasn't died, so that problem hasn't come up yet) or even asked him what Guild he belonged to -- they went straight to "So-and-so is gunna touch you" without explaining the HOW and WHY of that. That is why he declined and left. The character that was vetted, by the way, was one of my other characters. Neither he nor Iconn are on "Team Bad Guy" (yet) and neither were there to infiltrate your meeting. Had that been my intent, a Commoner would have been perfect.

That second meeting at the temple, he stopped due to the crapload of people sitting there, something very much out of the ordinary. What bothers me is the fact that people KNEW (again, see my first comment - HE IS A COMMONER) that Iconn was a Necromancer. Be suspicious of people, by all means, I honestly expected that. But I also expected more effort on their part when dealing with someone unknown.

My actual Necromancer, by the way, has plenty of favors and is healed quite regularly by high level Empaths with no issues.
Re: Fate of the Crown 09/09/2018 07:11 PM CDT
For what it's worth, I have had a ton of fun with the event and enjoyed the confrontation even if it was a brief battle. I was a little disappointed there was no chance for monologuing, etc., but maybe we can brainstorm how to make that happen in the future. An OOC banner of some sort, or a location that we watch via mirror, etc.

As a member of Team Good, I am open to creating more RP opportunities for Team Necro to talk and in general gain the upper hand. Feel free to reach out to me personally (OOCly please) if you'd like to make that happen. Navesi#4950.

Finally, it is a shame that Necro players have to be outed, and that it happens sometimes when the player has not planned for it or made it a big part of the story. Unfortunately I think that sort of thing is just bound to happen occasionally in a game like ours, where so many people are interacting at once. If anyone wants to plan an outing with Team Good in a dramatic way, I am open to that too.

For the outing of Nsar and the suspicion of Iconn, as far as I know, no one was acting based on metagame knowledge. We take that very seriously and I will do my best to ensure that we continue to keep IC and OOC as separate as possible.

- Navesi
Re: Fate of the Crown 09/09/2018 09:45 PM CDT
Reading through the comments and talking to others during the day it just seems that team good guys do not see it from the other side.

Team good gets to go to pretty much any open order event they want. They get to go about the freedom doing what they want even ripping a hole to another realm with little repercussion.

Very rarely do you get into any trouble for doing a single thing. You are team good guys everything you do is right, and you are given the benefit of the doubt on most.

As much as you guys said the rp was great last night. Lets make this clear.

The rp event was between the Good guys and the Bad guys. There was no rp interaction between good guys and bad guys. Therefore the rp failed badly.

Yes team good guy got 40 plus people there that rped and did whatever it is you do and that is great.

The situation wasnt for that though.

Nefis was kind enough to invite you to join a necromancer group to bridge the gap of RP. Normally Necromancers stick to ourselves do things in the shadows as our kits are built for that. We offered you guys a hand to join the great rp that the necromancers have been doing over this time and come join us. We placed ourselves in a place we normally wouldnt of been to do something we normally do. We placed ourselves in a situation that IC was very odd for us, but it was done so that Team Good Guy could join us, to RP with us.

Sadly that didnt happen. Not only did that didnt happen the complete information that was given ooc was ic. Not only was the area scouted before, but you knew exactly who was in there and why. No where in there did you even THINK to say hey these guys put alot of work into this why dont we rp this with them since they have given us a concession of setting this up.

Thats why the issue of Nsar and Iconn are an issue. Thats why this rp did not end well. We are here to have fun all of us. Fun in making rp happen without the GM assistance needs a bit of leeway. It was given by Team Bad Guy, but was not returned.

We as players need to find a better way to do this, There cant be this well we had fun screw the other side. We have to find common ground and come up with better ideas. Even now Team Bad guy are talking that we dont want to do this again because it was useless.

So please stop sitting there telling us how this went well, and we should deal with it, and instead find a solution for this not to happen again and not just say get over it it happens.
Re: Fate of the Crown 09/09/2018 11:07 PM CDT
I feel as though I should make some sort of a response to this. So here goes.

First, I want to thank all the those who planned and participated. The amount of effort, time, and coordination that goes into something like this with no resources outside what players have access to is monumental. You guys are great!

With that said, it is unfortunate that things didn't go off quite as well as we would have liked. It really was meant to be an even shake for everyone with the possibility of success on either side. Perhaps it was naïve to think so. Much of Team "Bad" may feel marginalized. For this, I am sorry. It's hard out here for a PC villain. We have exposed a weakness in the system that may be hard to overcome. Our numbers make it difficult to compete on the scale we would like. All we can do now is to learn from it and move forward. We must, together, come with solutions to make things enjoyable for all. You can expect that we (the necromancers) will go back to hiding and plotting. This is what we do best. But our options for including the populace at large to share our stories with will continue to be difficult. This is what I regret the most, for we have wonderful lore to explore and share with you, given the chance.

So the best option seems to challenge you, the majority of Elanthian Role-players, to find ways to include us in a manner that doesn't just relegate us to punching bags. We want to be your villains. We want to do more than drop orbs. But we find it difficult to do much else without some kind of support. Prove me wrong.

Nefis
Re: Fate of the Crown 09/09/2018 11:24 PM CDT
Uh yeah, lets see.
1- Not all of the "team Good Guys" knew Nsar was a necro, nor that Iconn may or may not be. My brain says he is, my heart (characters) are not so sure. And on behalf of my main & a "friend" who tagged along, neither meta'ed at all. Yeah, my friend may be a necro but I've been out of discord chat for 2 weeks or so prior to all this, for multiple reasons.
I havent been in necro chat or regular DR chat, so nope.
And any info I passed into necro chat didnt happen till after the event & wasnt specific about anything. It was comments about how fast it went, where my characters didnt attack anyone or anything (suffering storms during the time so I was lagging quite badly), but just stood by as the observers they've been during this & how it seemed a certain known necro's ahh spells seemed to cause more issues for the necros than the "good guys".

2- I also noticed it went to fast but when the "GG" walked into the "BG" area, your "risen" sort of preempted any chance at a discussion. Umm, par for the course maybe? I get you cant control those things too well, & while my baby didnt get attacked I play it off as they hid in the shadows & crevices so the risen couldnt find them. Yes, clerics spells are hell for you, do you expect folks like Whiteburn & Isharon to just stand there & let ya bash on them?

3- I was there when someone stole the first or maybe it was the second piece, due to RL issues I havent kept up with everything. So I wanted to make sure I made the ending of it, or what seems to be the end. It was interesting. Yes, Team GG brought too many folks but when I went through the log it was only maybe 10 or so folks who were actually casting spells. Face it Team BG, you really got done in more by your own "folks" & their spells plus Mazrian's spells, the clerics Red spiral spell & another who finished off Nsar I think (WM or someone who knew dragons breath to rip him apart).

I'm not saying I'm for one side over the other, as I said my main wm & a baby necro were there. Maybe next time a paladin like Isharon could cast banner, I was expecting it actually but with my lag I'd never see it. Other than that, stop tossing around the metagaming stuff, as you said lets learn from it & move on.
Re: Fate of the Crown 09/10/2018 07:51 AM CDT
This event was WAY more than one night of necro ganking. There were multiple interactions (both violent and otherwise) over the past what 6 months? There was coordination between team good and team bad to try and work out a story (which I think the did an awesome job pull off). I'm sad that what was a lot of work by several people on both sides is being crapped on with accusations that -seem- to be coming from a place of incomplete information. I apologize if I am mischaracterizing some posts here, but that's the impression I'm getting.

Yes team good guy knew the location and that the necromancers where doing something with the part of the crown that they had -stolen-. I was asked to try and track Nefis, and did so for a few days IC before we coordinated OOC a time to have me not just watch him training. I then took this information to the IC meeting and even made a post here with a IC journal and a way for your character to have known the information if they wanted to. Spoiler alert, but team good's plan was to go in guns blazing. We had a scout watching for the best opportunity and we took it. When I saw the amount of firepower that had showed up, I limited my attacks to webbing a construct. We should have all done a better job of pulling punches and making it more of a fight, but no one will be surprised when I say that PvP balance in DR is not trivial, and in the heat of it you fire first and ask questions later.

I know an ambush steamroll is no fun, and I want to say I hear those complaints and am very open to trying to find a better way to have fights that are more fun for both sides. Team good even made sure to hang around in a bar for an hour with our spells dropping in case team necro wanted some revenge, which at least one took advantage of.

I want to close with again thanking those players that put in a great deal of work to set up a story. I am interested in collaborating to find ways to have good v. bad conflict that can come to blows, in a way that is fun for everyone at least some of the time.

~Hunter Hanryu
>Everything Rangers have is just a lame version of something cool.~Morkim
Re: Fate of the Crown 09/10/2018 09:27 AM CDT
Lets try this again so that you understand

A. Necromancers are default bad guys no matter what. We cannot attend anything RP without repercussions unless we are unknown. Its something we deal with and work around by not only having rp among ourselves but continue to risk ourselves to involve others in our rp.

B. The events leading up to this was fun for the rest of the good guy team because you got to be part of the conversation, the lore the everything that goes on. We send risen to events and people kill them even THOUGH IC they are not suppose to know what they are. Yet again this is okay because its part of team good guy and everything team good guy does is good. The issue is an always will exist is Metagaming happens and we cant stop it. Claiming its not metagaming is just kind of out there. There were only a few necromancers involved with the behind the scenes leading up to this event, and even then it was not in such great amount that we were super involved with it.

C. There was some cordination between team good and bad, but understand that night was an invitation from team bad to join us to rp with us. Nefis DID SO WELL allowing himself to be tracked, to rp the info about his piece of the crown and to literally invite you to rp with the necromancers by playing AGAINST his nature. We as a group expect rp to happen.

D. THIS IS NOT ABOUT THE FIGHT. Its about how you approached the fight. We knew from the moment this started we would lose. The losing wasnt the issue. It was that you didnt take the damn time to take into consideration to even FATHOM to rp with us before you killed us. Everyone got up and arms and said hey lets go kill this necromancers scum, instead of even for one blasted second taking the time to be like hey lets at LEAST talk to them first and find out whats going on. THE PROBLEM was you didnt RP with us. THE PROBLEM IS instead of rping with us you RPed among yourselves and call it a good day because hey you got rp. WE INVITED YOU TO THIS. Nefis could of made this private. He could of not leaked info. We can easily hide, easily do things in the shadows as our kits are setup for this. Understand again this is not me crying over spilled milk, its getting you to admit you did not take into consideration that rp goes both ways. YOU as a group jumped the gun. WE as a group need to find a better way to do this or you wont see us trying this again. It is that simple.

>>1- Not all of the "team Good Guys" knew Nsar was a necro, nor that Iconn may or may not be. My brain says he is, my heart (characters) are not so sure. And on >>behalf of my main & a "friend" who tagged along, neither meta'ed at all. Yeah, my friend may be a necro but I've been out of discord chat for 2 weeks or so >>prior to all this, for multiple reasons.

The sad truth is that you cant keep metagaming out of DR. Even though people werent there and even though alot of incidents shouldnt of been passed around you still have people OOC asking questions like how to tell if someone is a necro and if this person is a necro. Instead of playing IC and instead of playing things like they should been done what happened was people took info ooc and brought it ic meaning to or not. It wasnt a cool thing and it happened. Saying and keep saying that it didnt is false. I mean proof is in the scouting the area before the actual event. Come on now. Lets not argue that this didnt happen. It did happen, maybe not with you, but in the group of 40 it did happen.

>>2- I also noticed it went to fast but when the "GG" walked into the "BG" area, your "risen" sort of preempted any chance at a discussion. Umm, par for the >>course maybe? I get you cant control those things too well, & while my baby didnt get attacked I play it off as they hid in the shadows & crevices so the risen >>couldnt find them. Yes, clerics spells are hell for you, do you expect folks like Whiteburn & Isharon to just stand there & let ya bash on them?

A risen attacked you? first of all all of our zombies our actual attacking unit were set to defensive because they would attack each other if they were not. THE only reason something would of attacked is if you A. hit it first or B. hit the person who controlled it. C. Someone commanded it to attack. From the moment you guys walked in spells were already cast. There was no moment for anything of ours to attack before the spells were cast. I who was doing nothing more then talking, and from the moment you walked in I was stunned the entire time. I could do nothing. Not a thing. Damn but hey its all good somehow this makes what happened right? And expect folks to let us bash on them? We didnt bash on anyone. Again the focus is not on the pvp, the focus is you did nothing but pvp. You took 40 people against 8, and then sit there and tell us how threaten you were so you had to respond. This does not make sense and no insult to you, but risens cant do any damage to anything.

>>3- I was there when someone stole the first or maybe it was the second piece, due to RL issues I havent kept up with everything. So I wanted to make sure I >>made the ending of it, or what seems to be the end. It was interesting. Yes, Team GG brought too many folks but when I went through the log it was only maybe >>10 or so folks who were actually casting spells. Face it Team BG, you really got done in more by your own "folks" & their spells plus Mazrian's spells, the >>clerics Red spiral spell & another who finished off Nsar I think (WM or someone who knew dragons breath to rip him apart).

stop making this about the pvp aspect. It happened in 30 seconds thats not the issue. The issue once again is the rp factor. You guys DIDNT RP with us. WE knew we were going to die, we set it up so we would die. We went against the nature of every sense of how a necromancer kit works to INVITE you all to rp with. INSTEAD of rping, instead of taking the time to build something and make a great storyline or convo to post and talk about. You killed. Its simple. Its not some grand scheme about how we got rocked at pvp, its a commentary on the fact that you didnt want to rp with us after we gave so much to try to rp with you.

>>I'm not saying I'm for one side over the other, as I said my main wm & a baby necro were there. Maybe next time a paladin like Isharon could cast banner, I was >>expecting it actually but with my lag I'd never see it. Other than that, stop tossing around the metagaming stuff, as you said lets learn from it & move on.

The issue is the metagaming stuff. The issue was the OOC knowledge of everything leading up to this was bled into IC. Its why you were prepared as you were. Its why 40 people gather and knew exactly where to go. Its why your group scouted the area before the event happened. Its why you had spells prepared the moment you came into the room. 10 people or not casting or doing whatever it matters not. WE setup for RP. You setup for PVP. You used knowledge of stuff you gathered ooc instead of IC to fight instead of rp. Thats the issue. Thats what we need to learn from. We as team bad guys need to realize you will use that information incorrectly and try to make sure the information given to you is more vague. You as good guys need to realize that we wont stand a chance ever against you pvp wise without GM intervention. You have to give us leeway as we gave you in spades or it just wont happen again.

I love the rp of Dragonrealms but unless we work together as a group to make it possible, acknowledge what actually went wrong, learn from those actual mistakes we are doom to repeat this over and over. Tirost and Nefis did great work setting this up. It was amazing and it was beautifully done. We as a community need to come together and find a way where instead of mass destroying everything we can actually get some rp in. We are all here to have fun. We are all here to grow and become strong as a community and enjoy player driven rp. That means we need to work together and give each other leeway so we can get more involved storylines going.
Re: Fate of the Crown 09/10/2018 09:40 AM CDT
@Nefis and @everybody in general interested in this kind of thing.

First, let me say for what it's worth that as a whole, as an Event, the Crown event was good.

On the "good" side it provoked speculation, a lot of talk, and a lot of participation in general in the lead-up and of course in the finale. People had points of view on what the pieces actually were, on the riddles, on everything. People genuinely wanted to know what was going on and what was next. That is not an easy thing to accomplish for a player-driven event and the fact that it attracted so much interest means some things were done very right. Everyone who worked OOCly to plan it and ICly to develop it deserves to feel good about that.

The event left something to be desired as a way to create more interaction between necromancers and everyone else, clearly, and I think that stemmed partly from the design of the event and partly from a mismatch of expectations.

For anyone reading who isn't familiar with the story, the outline is that a journal was discovered that had been written by Lasika. The journal described her finding Prince Vorclaf's circlet, purportedly lost when he dueled Lyras in Forfedhar and was defeated. For reasons of her own (she was pretty crazy), Lasika split the circlet up into several pieces and had them reforged into silver crowns which she hid around the world, leaving a trail of clues behind her that revealed the crowns' locations. Tirost found the first crown but was ambushed by Nefis, who stole the item, and then the hunt was on for the other pieces (I think in parallel with the Necros, was maybe the idea?). As the last piece was recovered, sources produced information that the Necromancers were going to use their piece, and a jewel they had also found, to enact a vile ritual that accomplish a Bad Thing that had to be stopped. When the time and location of the ritual was revealed, an effort was organized to do just that. The finale was a sizeable force attacking the ritual location, which was at the altar in the Forgotten Chambers deep in the Gash south of Leth Deriel, and both recovering the pieces and stopping the ritual.

There did not seem to be a lot of necro-nonnecro interaction built into the lead up of the event after Nefis grabbed the intial piece. I know there was some (as Hanryu mentioned), but most of the RP was geared around finding the pieces and talking about what was going on, having opinions about the events and the people involved, and things of that nature. There was maybe a missed opportunity to write the lead up in a more collaborative way - maybe with each side having some information the other needed, for example - to get more conversation going between the two sides.

The setup for the finale was more or less "we are all going to be at this place at this time doing an evil thing that you need to stop, so come do that." IMO, with that prompt, it was natural to plan a sudden and violent confrontation and that is more or less what all sides prepared for. There are a couple of ways it might have been slowed down so there could be some talk. For instance, and for maximum irony, the Necromancers could have found a Paladin to Banner the room while they performed their ritual. Or it could have been hinted that the ritual had to be disrupted at a specific point. I think that short of bannering the room or doing the ritual in a safe room, though, there was not much chance of having a lot of conversation once everyone arrived at the same place at the same time given what the set up was and who the people involved were.

And that sort of leads to the finale, where there was a mismatch of expectations. The intention seems to have been to hold a big boss fight at the altar where either side could have prevailed, and a lot of the disapointment on the necro side was at how one sided that fight turned out to be. I definitely understand that it's no fun to get steam rolled. I think everyone understands that on a very basic level.

However. And I'm offering this in the spirit of doing it better next time. The numbers were overwhelmingly on the Team Good side, there were high level Clerics with the party, and the attackers had the intiative. It would have been very, very difficult, not to say impossible, to make that fight honestly competitive given the posture that the Necromancers adopted for the encounter. Nefis, I think the plan for that on your side was badly miscalculated and that was kind of on you guys and not on Team Good. IMO what would have worked a lot better is if you guys had planned to scatter and regroup instead of tanking it out. Then you could have regrouped and hit the "good" party on the way back to the Crossing, or at the bar in Gaethrend's where we were standing around later, in an encounter that would have played to your strenghts and been a lot more fun for you. You could have even absconded with the crown pieces and obliged the attackers to slow down, split up, and try to hunt you down. Probably would have been the same end result eventually, but it would have been much more of a battle.

Mazrian
Re: Fate of the Crown 09/10/2018 10:07 AM CDT
>The issue is the metagaming stuff. The issue was the OOC knowledge of everything leading up to this was bled into I see.~OMEGANECRO

While I agree that there are things that could have been done better, I fundamentally disagree with this position. I also will say that the accusatory tone of your posts is off putting and is making it difficult for me to empathize with your position. I will admit this is a personal failing, but I want to try and understand why you are dismissing all the IC RP that we did to prepare for an assault on a collection of necromancers bent on a demonic ritual. Yes we prepped for PvP, but I am of the opinion that for this event, the PvP -was- the RP. Maybe it wasn't the best RP, and yes it resulted in team bad having a not-fun time, and we should learn from that, but dismissing everything that happened as OOC is hurtful and untrue.

~Hunter Hanryu
Re: Fate of the Crown 09/10/2018 10:07 AM CDT
@Mazrian

This is by no means no insult to you. I think you are very clear on your point and make sense, but for one thing. It wasnt mismatched of expectations. It was assumption that team Good Guys would do the same as team Bag guys and give leeway in the situation. You were given information directly from one source. I dont know how many ways to say this, or how to explain this.

The group of necromancers did not care about being steamrolled. Everyone of us KNEW that would happen. We knew we would die, and die fast ONCE PVP started.

THE ISSUE IS that we as a group of necromancers PLAYED against our own characters rp style to allow for this rp event to take place and were not even slightly given the same in return.

THE ISSUE IS that there was not one ounce of rp consideration given from team good guy at all. Not even a second.

THE ISSUE IS instead of taking the moment to be like hell yeah you are right we didnt take into account this was a player driven rp and you guys are giving us the credit of going against your nature to allow us to rp with you, you instead took ooc information however you got it, used it ic, didnt rp with us, rp among yourselves and once again excluded the group who invited you to rp.

THE ISSUE IS you guys dont see a problem, and instead of saying that there is a problem use words like mismatch expectations and so forth to explain away and blame the pvp aspect of the fight. None of us care we died, we care that you didnt rp. We care that you were invited to RP and we hoped that even though your characters do whatever they do that you'd give us the same benefit we gave you. Which is a moment to be like instead of following your absolute mindset on kill on necromancers that you took the time to have some dialog and rp. Instead you as a group robbed us of that, and the sad part is you still yet to see that is a major issue. Dying is part of the game, dying as a necromancer happens ALOT. RP is what brings us all here. Dont rob us of the rp part and then just tell us that its about us getting steamrolled. Its not. Its not about the pvp, its not about anything about the pvp. Its that no one stood up and said hey this is an rp event and not a pvp event lets at lesst rp. THATS THE ISSUE.
Re: Fate of the Crown 09/10/2018 10:30 AM CDT
Let's step back for a moment. The focus on pvp is yes wrong. This event, this is not something that Zehira would ever be a part of, Zehira does things on her own terms, her own way and in her own time. But was told...we need you. Zehira doesn't trust her own necromancers anymore than they trust her. The entire reason that I went along with it was that I thought there would be rp. Not rp of us trying to set things up that had to be changed at the last moment, not us laying there saying things as we were dead (which again is not the point, a death to a necro is not much) or rp that we did in the guild after. We should have gotten a paladin? We should have done things to make the room safe? Do you know how difficult it is to find someone holy to help a necromancer that actually plays an actually holy person the complete good way? I am going to wager that you don't.

I told each and every person that I brought into this, prepare to die, prepare to be outed, if you don't want to, feels won't be hurt if you say no. They all wanted rp, they were ready to be outed, they were ready to die. These are the kinds of things that we need in this community. Unfortunately what happens is, it gets planned and one person tells this person, who then tells this person, who then tells a whole discord chat, and we all know where that normally goes from there. Too many hands in the cookie jar. I have told Kaelie I will brainstorm with her to come up with another idea, here soon,and I will ask Nefis to help us brainstorm, Nefis did a great job, a really really good job and all in all the rp at the guild after for me, made up for the 15 seconds worth of death. I gotta say though, some of us didn't like being searched while we were dead, just a little creepy. LOL!

So no, it was never about the pvp, or the dying, but yes the rp around it. We can though, try again.

Z

I don't feel that I need to explain my art to you, Warren.
Re: Fate of the Crown 09/10/2018 10:34 AM CDT
>It wasnt mismatched of expectations.
>Its that no one stood up and said hey this is an rp event and not a pvp event lets at lesst rp. THATS THE ISSUE.

I for one thought this last part of a very complex and long running series of events -was- a PvP event. I also think that sometimes PvP events can be RP events (and this was one of those times).

>THE ISSUE IS that there was not one ounce of rp consideration given from team good guy at all. Not even a second.

I just want to point out as kindly as I possibly can, that sweeping statements like this, that seem to have a very accusatory tone, make it difficult to have a back and forth conversation from a point of empathy.

Repeating: I don't think everything was perfect and I want to get to a point where it's "better" next time. BUT saying everything was OOC and everything was done maliciously is false and in bad faith.

~Hunter Hanryu
Re: Fate of the Crown 09/10/2018 10:52 AM CDT
@OMEGANECRO

Can you lay out a descriptive vision for what you would have preferred at the fight location or general area?

I'm trying to get a better idea of what you want to see, in detail, minus the PVP aspects.
Re: Fate of the Crown 09/10/2018 10:57 AM CDT
@Hanyu

I guess we have different definitions of roleplay. When you are guarded in pvp they said you have to have a roleplay reason to attack. The roleplay reason is 99.9% of the time traced back to actions and conversations you've had with the person involved. If we follow this predefined mindset set forth from DR rules that was not rp.

Pvp can be rp IF there is rp involved beforehand. There wasnt.

From the moment team good guy walked into the room no word was spoken from team good guy until after everyone was dead.

The issue is the sweeping statement is sadly true. The fact is no rp happened. Rp happened on the good guy side. Rp happened on the bad guy side. No rp happened between good and bad.

Again this is a simple how can we do better, and a main way we can do better is admitting that there was an issue and addressing it. Not rug sweeping it, or trying to say I'm accusing you of something you didnt do. I addressed that easily. I said that information OOC was used. It was given by others to people ic. I said that it was an issue, because it was used. I did not claim you all knowingly used OOC knowledge. I claimed that not one person rped with team bad guys. Which is true. The truth is simple and it is what it is. Addressing it and admitting it and moving on allows us to build and do better.

This is not meant to be insulting, degrading or calling you out. The rp between good and bad guys did not happen. There were many issues leading up to why it did not happen, and the reasons are what I've mentioned below. I'm on here posting to say HEY its a problem, HEY its an issue, and instead of saying all went well, lets agree it didnt and find a better way to do it.
Re: Fate of the Crown 09/10/2018 11:02 AM CDT
@HASTALUEGO

Any kind of dialog would of been a start. Any kind of rp that centered around anything but killing. You could of come in and said what goes on here and it would of been more rp then what happened. Killing without dialog is just pure simple pvp. At the very least say something and that could of been the start of anything fun. Hell you guys didnt even wait for us to finish the first part of a long lengthy script we had written up to do a ritual. You didnt even check to see where the crown was, or check on the person kidnapped. You did nothing but kill. Thats the issue. You did not rp with us in any way. You came in, killed, couldnt find what you were looking for for the most part because we hadnt even got to using the item, and took off without very many words.

It amazes me still that so many people came from the word of one person who said hey they are doing bad things without questioning.
Re: Fate of the Crown 09/10/2018 11:10 AM CDT
Let me ask you this, because I think it really is confusing me...

Of all possible moments for people to slow down and talk, throughout the whole long arc of the event, why did you think that the one where the people had just stormed into the remote, creepy cave to confront a large group of necros and their pets that were standing around chanting a dire ritual that needed to be stopped was the one where they should slow down and dialog?

Mazrian
Re: Fate of the Crown 09/10/2018 11:12 AM CDT
>>It amazes me still that so many people came from the word of one person who said hey they are doing bad things without questioning.

I wasn't involved with any of the planning involving the Event or how this last part went down, so I can't say much about that. I mostly asked because I do organize other Events and I know Necromancer players take interest in them as adversaries, so hearing from you guys is important.

I'm not surprised people are upset with the outcome of what happened, but I'll be able to keep your input in mind for future stuff that I plan to set up.
Re: Fate of the Crown 09/10/2018 11:34 AM CDT
@Mazrian

I think you are following this I'm pure IC thing and this is how my guy would react. The discussion before this in any of the post was that it was an RP event, and pvp would be involved. I understand things were rushed. I understand if you had time to think things would of gone down differently and that most of you got the information at the front gates so to speak. What you are missing is that at ANY given point of you coming in before we died you could of talked. You could of asked why the hostage was taken, why anything happened. When you arrived not once of us made a move to attack you, yet you automatically attacked us. Not once did you take a moment to take consideration that this wasnt just a good guy event set to kill someone to get something back and thats the issue.

lets clarify what I mean

EVERY necromancer in that room went ooc concept to rp with team good guy (let me explain this. we do not hold rituals out there like that, we dont gather ourselves normally in that situation in the open, we would not of been there uncloaked if were were out in the open and MANY MANY other concessions)
EVERY necromancer in that room didnt setup to blow up everything because we wanted rp
EVERY necromancer in that room was prepared to die for rp

Not one person from team good guy talked til the we were all dead
Not one person questioned anything and rushed right to get the items they found
Not one person offered any rp to the bad guys before doing what they wanted

The issue is you didnt respect us enough in that situation to think through your actions before you did them, and instead of saying hey we understand we will do better next time you instead try to call us out that this is what you would do IC no matter what. That its against your IC way of playing to do anything but kill and murder without full information, or even question the information you got. THIS IS THE ISSUE. You choose not to rp with us because you feel you are in the right for just killing us without talking, You choose to ignore the real meaning of this conversation by constantly saying hey we are in the right we are the good guys and this is how we respond instead of seeing the constant issue that causes in the realms RP system. You choose to argue that you are in the right here when you are not.

What needs to happen is simple. For rp to happen, rp needs to go on between both sides. A constant argument on why people go from open to guarded is that they want at least some kind of rp to happen before they die. It is that simple. It is that small ideal that I am arguing for. There has to be some kind of rp concession given because maybe IC you cannot fathom speaking to a necromancer for whatever reason, but for god sake we literally put ourselves out there FOR you to kill and asked for rp, and you didnt give it to us. At any time you could of choose like us to taken a moment to rp, but instead you didnt. Thats the issue.
Re: Fate of the Crown 09/10/2018 11:43 AM CDT

Speaking as someone with a long history of playing "team good", I can say that over a lot of years, and many big painful conversations on these forums, one of the biggest gripes I and several others have always had with "team bad" was the lack of roleplay conversation.

During any event where its "good" vs "bad", you can usually assume PvP stance means nothing. If you open your mouth, you are open, and should always go into these events expecting a death or two. The main thing we used to scream about for years was "don't just walk into a room and kill people". We asked this because it's boring, it's not what we consider in depth roleplay, it's purely a numbers game at that point, who's ranks are higher.

I'm a little disappointed to read this thread, as it sounds like "team good" have been guilty of doing something we begged "team bad" not to do.

Now, I wasn't there, I have a fish in both waters, good and bad, and could have brought either - My main reason for not getting involved was the scale of this. It's near impossible to control 40+ bloody thirst DR players. Someone always panics and hits the "attack" button instantly.

My suggestion would be, don't see that event as the "main" event, switch the view and make it purely a stage - The killing has happened, now feed off of it, in smaller groups with drawn out expectations. Try doing it with no PvP, it adds a lot of depth (IMO) if you go into a meeting with no intention of attacking. Perhaps someones "good guy" character is a little overly interested in what the necromancers were doing? Wants to know a lot more, and over several conversations and learnings, switches sides? Always a way to look at it as a positive, but as a warning, if the next step ends up purely PvP, you'll likely see several not want to be anywhere near the storyline going forward
Re: Fate of the Crown 09/10/2018 12:25 PM CDT
As an old timer who returned to the game within the last couple of years, I have a couple of suggestions that people may or may not agree with:

#1 Don't put these events on the calendar. I sincerely believe this defeats the purpose of a true RP event. Those who really want to participate will get involved IG.

#2 Keep all the IC information OFF of discord or whatever OOC medium you use to keep in touch with DR friends. Let the people who are trying to RP find out details IG. (While I have a discord account, I rarely use it, but I heard that there was a lot of IC details shared?)

Does it take a lot of time/effort to put together something of this magnitude? Absolutely...and I applaud those who worked on this one!

Finally, obviously those who plan any IG event need to discuss their plans OOC....but for the rest of us really lucky people who only have to participate, please leave it IG only.

~Gab
Re: Fate of the Crown 09/10/2018 03:08 PM CDT
A post was hidden

Helje
DragonRealms Senior Board Moderator
Re: Fate of the Crown 09/10/2018 03:21 PM CDT
OMEGANECRO

Ya know, I had written out a big ole long response since you chose to pick apart my post (among others) but decided against posting it.

Suffice to say, I think both sides have agreed that good things & bad things happened. Hindsight is always 20/20, all we can do is learn from it.

You seem heck bent on thinking folks metagamed it, I could care less either way. I knew I wasnt gonna spend the day chasing certain folks across the realms, so some considerations had to be made.

Folks on both sides have offered up suggestions, not all of us (on either side) were metagaming it or even attacked anyone/thing, lets just move on & learn.
Prev_page Previous 1