THE FIRST LAND HERALD -- Moon Mage Guild's Weak Response to Planar Transgression 06/13/2018 05:05 AM CDT

THE FIRST LAND HERALD

MOON MAGE GUILD'S WEAK RESPONSE TO PLANAR TRANSGRESSION

427-06-05.

As you will know if you read my most recent articles, Aerathor and Aaoskar's group of rogue Moon Mages incurred the wrath of Pelag ai Aldam after attempting a group prediction within the Astral Plane. This reckless action resulted, predictably, in a serious invasion of our plane by a starlight harbinger of immense power, as well as zenzics and the like.

In the wake of this catastrophe, many people were left wondering what the Moon Mage guild's reaction would be to the rogue mages' actions, especially given that the act of group prediction is expressly forbidden by the guild and denounced by none other than Grandmaster Taramaine Braun. As Sentinel Captain Cierzen pointed out, the guild must have been aware of their plans, especially given how publicly they were announced, and yet the group was allowed to continue.

Recently, I have learned the guild's response. I was approached by the Moon Mage Angel of the Theren Guard, who spoke directly to Guildleader Kssarh. She said, "Master Kssarh referred to [Aerathor] as 'the blasted fool who dropped a massacre on [my] doorstep,'" and that Aerathor needed to "fix this mess, whatever it takes." Further, he said, "I've got enough to deal with already because of all this. Just tell those idiots to make things better, not worse."

With regard to the guildmembers in general, Angel said that Kssarh's response was that "he'd like every student who claims to have a half-filled head on their shoulders to explain in painful detail how they made every effort to dissuade these idiots."

I sought out Kssarh myself to take a statement for the Herald.

FLH: Do you intend to punish those responsible for the group prediction?
Kssarh: You know, I might just throw them out a window now that you mention it.

FLH: Will the guild consider any formal indictment or more serious punishment?
Kssarh: Are you suggesting that my throwing students from the third story of this Observatory is neither a formal nor serious punishment? Also, why are you still here?

Furthermore, Moon Mage Fashan told me about a visit made by a Court Mage, whose name he thought was Sherelle, and whom he believed may have been from Throne City. She visited the Crossing Moon Mage guild and was asking about the ill-fated expedition, what Aerathor and Aaoskar wanted, and what happened. However, nothing further came of her questioning.

In short, the guild has made no announcement of an inquiry and appears to have no plans to indict those responsible for inviting deadly creatures into the Plane of Abiding in a ritual that they were warned was fraught with danger. Further, the guild leadership almost certainly knew of the group's plans and did nothing to stop them. These inactions denote a frightening lack of care for the safety of Zoluren citizens and, indeed, the denizens of the entire Plane of Abiding.

I once again call upon the guild of Moon Mages to take appropriate action to discipline its members and inform the populace of how it intends to safeguard the common people from such planar meddling.

Navesi Daerthon
Zoluren's Herald
Editor in Chief of the First Land Herald