The Light Which Guides the Lost (06/30) 06/11/2018 07:36 PM CDT
The following epistle has been discovered within major Guildhalls and prominent Temples scattered around Kermoria.

People of Elanthia

With the Web of Fate no longer in peril, Mistress Harawep has sheathed Her envenomed blades, blessing us with peace once more. However, a foreboding cloud yet casts its shade upon us, a dreadful uncertainty that resonates with the fate of a human woman known as Ciriasa.

Once the unwilling vessel of the vile demon Maelshyve, Ciriasa drew her final breath beneath the Zaulfung as the Anduwen Watch and its allies battled the unholy forces that held sway within. Trapped in the pits of a hellish abyss and bereft of divine favor, her body was stolen away to whereabouts unknown.

The Raid upon the Zaulfung was a success. However, the death and disappearance of Cirasa left a pitch black stain upon our hallowed victory. Who absconded with her corpse and for what reason? Where was she taken? Is there still a possibility for her body to be recovered for burial, if not returned to life? Did her spirit depart this world with Urrem'tier, or is it drifting on unknown and perilous tides, unable to cross the Starry Road? We cannot truly rest nor dare to celebrate while these questions remain unanswered.

In times of uncertainty, when hope seems lost, we may trust in our Immortals to guide us toward the truth. Join us as we beseech the Ocean Mother Eluned, She who is Goddess of knowledge and wisdom eternal. May Her guidance be the light that shepherds this lost soul home.

OOC:
Date: 6/30
Time: 8:30 PM EST
Location: Northern Trade Route, River's Bank (Just north of the spot marked Eluned's Shrine on this map: https://elanthipedia.play.net/RanikMap11)
Re: The Light Which Guides the Lost (06/30) 06/28/2018 02:14 PM CDT
A hollow 'clonk' echoes through the halls of the Crossing Temple.

"Waugh! Oh no... I'm so sorry!"

A monk in plain vestments glowers over his displaced spectacles at the flustered white-robed acolyte standing before him. A collection of pristine white parchment tracts flutter to the ground around the pair of them, in blissful ignorance of the acolyte's frenzied attempts to grab them back up.

"Take stock of your surroundings, now!" the monk barks. "You're clumsier than Chesum."

"I said I was sorry!" The young acolyte takes a moment to shoot the monk a reproachful glance and accidentally trods upon one of the papers in her attempt to scoop up another two. "Agh!"

With a muttered oath, the monk bends to aid the acolyte in her task of collecting the scattered papers. Stacking them neatly, he scans the contents with a jaundiced eye. "Hmm... what's this now? Ah, the Anduwen Watch. I've heard of them."

The acolyte nods emphatically. "Mm! There's going to be a vigil for Eluned. Oh! You should attend, if you can."

"Right. I'll be sure to carve a few extra dolphin beads, then."

"Hold on! Read a little further, would you?" The acolyte points to a paragraph on the topmost parchment. "In honor of the Ocean Goddess' gift of the spoken language, every celebrant who attends is encouraged to bring with them either a material offering or the offering of an intellectual theorem!"

The monk pushes his glasses further up the bridge of his nose as he studies the parchment further. "Hm. On what subject, I wonder? Ah, I see... on the fate of Ciriasa. Poor girl."

"It's hard to believe that an innocent woman almost became the living vessel of a demon! Thank Hodierna that the Raiders were able to stop Maelshyve from manifesting in full." The acolyte looks about furtively, as though speaking the demon's name aloud was something she shouldn't have done.

Oblivious to her discomfort, the monk hands his stack of papers to his fellow priest. "Yes, well, I heard that Lord Urrem'tier was deaf to their pleas that she be returned to life. Do you suppose that her soul has already passed on?"

"I don't know. But that's a good question you could propose for the vigil and symposium!" The acolyte flashes a quick grin. "If we can please Eluned with our prayers and our attempts at discerning the truth from what we already know, maybe She'll help guide us toward the solution. That girl deserves a proper burial, at the least."

The monk nods. "You're right, there. Very well. I will spread word among the other priests."

"Please do! And any other adventurers you see passing through here." The acolyte shoulders the straps of her satchel, clutching her papers firmly. "Anyway, I've got to be on my way. With any luck, I'll have these parchments posted about the Crossing by Firulf's Flame, and then I can take the rest to Riverhaven. Tamsine bid you a pleasant morning!" Bobbing a polite bow, the acolyte excuses herself and walks briskly away through the circular halls of the temple.

The monk mutters darkly. "Huh. That one has the Raccoon's own luck. I shouldn't be surprised if those papers end up floating in the Segoltha for the ducks to read."

"I heard that!!" the acolyte shouts over her shoulder before promptly tripping down the stairs.

The Anduwen Watch will be hosting a prayer vigil to Eluned with the hopes of gaining some insight into what happened to Ciriasa following the Raid of Maelshyve's Fortress. For more information on the events of the raid, take a look at the First Land Herald Article: https://elanthipedia.play.net/The_First_Land_Herald#426-09-10_-_MAELSHYVE_RAID_A_STUNNING_SUCCESS

Proceedings will begin with a brief prayer service to Eluned, followed by the presenting of individual offerings. Celebrants are encouraged to bring either a material offering that may be pleasing to Eluned (types of appropriate gifts include Eluned cards, dolphin primers and beads, holy water, pearls, seashells, and other oceanic treasures) or the symbolic offering of an intellectual thought about what might have happened to Ciriasa, including her current whereabouts, who or what dragged her off and why, and the current state of her soul.

The vigil will be held on this upcoming Saturday (6/30) at 8:30 PM EST. We will meet at the Northern Trade Route, River's Bank (Just north of the spot marked Eluned's Shrine on this map: https://elanthipedia.play.net/RanikMap11)

We hope to see you there!
Re: The Light Which Guides the Lost (06/30) 07/01/2018 02:17 AM CDT
I'd like to send out a big thank you to everybody who participated tonight, both players and GMs! It was a lot of fun, and I hope it was enjoyable to you guys as well. There's a lot to think about after this one...

A log will be forthcoming hopefully Sometime Soon.