Fortress Raid *LOG* 04/12/2018 06:17 AM CDT
This log is heavily edited and purely from Perune's POV, I am sure there was a ton of awesome stuff I missed due to the fact I was leading everyone through the claw and over the bridge. Everyone should feel free to throw some of their own awesome moments into the thread.

WARNING Even though this log is heavily edited, it is still severely long.

[Temple, Garden]
Within the white plastered walls of the temple lies a peaceful oasis, away from the noise and distraction of the streets outside. A narrow brick path meanders through a miniature landscape of shrubs, flowers and small trees. Velvet

smooth grass covers the low rolling hillocks, and just up the path a ways, you see a small flowing stream winding its way northward.
You also see a golden-pawed white lynx with fierce silver-green eyes, a massive hiro bear with dense ruffled fur, a gloomy Shadow Servant, a pool of black shadows, a gaping airy fissure, a tattered rag, a tattered rag, a pale red

moonbeam, a pale red moonbeam, a pale red moonbeam, a storm-grey cat with gold-flecked crystal blue eyes that is sitting, a sharpened poker, the temple gate and a locked almsbox.

Also here: Bard Ryar, Stone Beard Thuldin who is kneeling, Force of Nature Etherian who is crawling with shadowy tendrils, Shadow Tracker Maltris, Visionist Miskton, Duskruin Arena Hero Grenhart, Knight Templar Sebestyen, Karaagel

Olinslag, War Healer Kharybell, Hunter Hanryu, Lightning Warden Aurayn who has a stony visage, Martial Artist Aerathor who is darkened by an unnatural shadow, Duskruin Arena Hero Sereze who is shrouded in ghostly flames, Archwizard

Atanamir who has a stony visage, Zymi who is surrounded by a shimmering shield, Oscearo, Duskruin Arena Heroine Gabellia who is shrouded in ghostly flames, Expert Trader Rafano who is kneeling, Field Medic Szrael who is surrounded by a

shimmering shield, Fanatic Pedagogue Collain who is surrounded by a shimmering shield, Knight Radiant Isharon who is surrounded by a shimmering shield, True Bard Navesi who is surrounded by a shimmering shield, Arcane Lord Tirost who has

a stony visage, Stargazer Mistanna who is kneeling, Duskruin Arena Champion Everics, Protector of Faith Grymmlen who is shining with a dark golden glow, Sir Sturm who is surrounded by a shimmering shield, Winterborn Annais, Talmoon who

is surrounded by a shimmering shield, Guard Lieutenant Kammae, Duskruin Arena Hero Maxwelinski who is surrounded by a shimmering shield, Druid Charlize who is surrounded by a shimmering shield, Burden to Society Digmo who is surrounded

by a shimmering shield, Toreakas, Duskruin Arena Combatant Sabrax who is surrounded by a shimmering shield, Life Weaver Karthor who is surrounded by a shimmering shield, Inquisitor Whiteburn who is shrouded by swirling grey fog, High

Priestess Khaelyn who is shrouded by swirling grey fog, Duskruin Arena Combatant Rze, Web Healer Aislynn who is surrounded by a shimmering shield, Cookie Chef Janora who is kneeling and Hodierna's Fist Kaelie who is surrounded by a

shimmering shield.
Obvious paths: east, northwest.

You exclaim, "Alright, LISTEN UP!"

You say, "Whiteburn, Please begin a prayer. Everyone kneel and receive hope from the Immortals."

You say, "Clerics, join with Whiteburn as needed."

(Insert the long scroll of nearly everyone kneeling in prayer.)

Whiteburn zealously exclaims, "This is a night of power. A night of glory. Today, I espied a red buzzard flying over the swamps of the Zaulfung. The early morning sun haloed the holy bird in a corona of blood. Today, I felt the fury of

Drogor rage and resonate within my soul. May we all be imbued with the righteous indignation of the Storm! Tonight, Hodierna rides with us! Tonight, Aldauth will drink His fill! Tonight, we take back for Urrem'tier what is rightfully

His!" (The Buzzard thing was cool and actually happened)

Whiteburn chants in a soprano voice:

"Guide us to battle, Mother of Morning!
May we not falter in the face of evil.
May not the touch of undeath stain that which is most Holy.
May the corruption be cleansed, the poison cured, the evil driven away!
Praise be to the Immortals! Of Light and Dark!
Eternal victory to the Thirteen!"

Whiteburn gets a prayer tome picturing a many-winged inky apparition from inside her pilgrim's satchel.

Whiteburn opens her prayer tome.

Whiteburn recites:

"*Prayer Before Facing the Undead*"
traditional prayer

Whiteburn reads:

"I shall not be slain
I shall not be sworded
I shall not be seized
I shall not be hewn
I shall not be riven

Whiteburn continues:

"I shall not be anguished
I shall not be ravaged
I shall not be blinded
I shall not be made naked
I shall not be left bare

"Nor will Faenella
Leave me forgotten.

Whiteburn continues:

"I am under the shielding
Of good Faenella each day
I am under the shielding
Of good Faenella each night.

"I am under the keeping
Of the hand of Hodierna
Each early and late
Every dark, every light.

Whiteburn chants:

"No unholy fire shall burn me
No wicked water shall drown me
No seed of any accursed shall take me
No spell-sleep shall lie on me
No worldly being destroy me

Whiteburn concludes:

"Nor will Faenella
Leave me forgotten.
Amen."
Whiteburn looks up and sighs, smiling.

Sebestyen recites:

"Rutilor, clothe me with your strength
And make my way perfect.
Train my hands for war,
Your right hand upholds me,
Your left shields me."

Sebestyen recites:

"I pursue my enemies and overtake them.
I do not turn back until they are vanquished.
They will fall beneath my feet."

Sebestyen recites:

"You have clothed me with strength for battle,
You subdue my adversaries beneath me,
I annihilate those who hate you."

Whiteburn wildly exclaims, "Glory eternal to the Thirteen!"

Navesi says, "Amen."

Rze exclaims, "Amen!"

(Insert a lot of cheers and Huzzah's! from everyone)

Sereze piously exclaims, "Glory to The Thirteen!"

[Personal] Your mind hears Mazrian thinking, "<to you>" "Beast is stirring down here. Hopefully you guys aren't too far out." (RUT ROH RAGGY)

You say, "Everyone rise NOW."

Sebestyen quietly says, "They cry for help from their Gods, but are not answered."
>
You say, "We move shortly."

Janora says, "My familiar has informed me that the demi-goddess is aware of everyone in the fortress."

Sturm says, "This is quite a army."

In a blazing fountain of red-gold sparks, a red Moongate blazes into life.

Rze chants in a mezzo-soprano voice:

"Glory to the gods!"

You say, "We move in 3."

Whiteburn says, "She may be aware, but she cannot stop the tide."

A unicorn gallops into view and rears back on its hind hooves, thrusting its pearlescent horn skyward with a roaring whinny!
>
The unicorn begins to advance on Sabrax. (to steal FAMEBRIGHT's words, Friendship is Divine Retribution, JOY)

The unicorn closes to pole weapon range on Sabrax.

Sabrax is engaged and unable to follow you. (Thanks Applejack)
As you cross the Moongate's threshold you are drawn through to the other side...

[Zaulfung, Ruined Shrine]
Shattered and broken, a large wooden altar lies desecrated and befouled here, partially sunken into the thick mud. Deep gouges and claw scratches mar the surface of the sacrilegious monument, likely torn asunder by the wicked hand of a

sluagh.
You also see a red Moongate and a lumpy bundle.

A unicorn gallops swiftly into view, following Kaelie.

A unicorn paws at the ground restlessly, shaking its luminous mane.

[General] Your mind hears Mazrian thinking, "Shyvics and cinderbeasts attacking down here." (It's OK, we'll only take an hour to get down there. THANKS CLAW)

You are awestruck by the sight of the statuesque unicorn, bathed in its aura of divine light.
>

You exclaim, "Listen up!"

You exclaim, "We will be facing a number of Maelshyve's followers!"

You say, "Some of them will require special instruments to kill! These have already been handed out to various folks." (In retrospect, facing multiple Ciri's would've been absolute slaughter :( )

You say, "The ones that look like Maelshyvae's avatars cannot be killed ANY OTHER WAY."

You exclaim, "It is IMPERATIVE that you do not use area effect damage attacks, including SPELLS!" ( We were concerned about actually damaging her enough to put her down without removing the taint, LOL how little did we know.)

You exclaim, "Try to focus on the right targets! Fight the monsters you're told! Keep an eye on what you're fighting!"

You say, "Part of our group is already down there preparing a strike point and is IN COMBAT. So we MUST move."

[hodiernaraid] Your mind hears Aislynn thinking, "At least three necromancers so far headed inside."

(This is followed by me saying a bunch of stuff about how we're going to get in, but because the Claw didn't take nearly enough people at once and moves super slow compared to the amount of people we needed to get down there, it was all

pointless.)

A beam of rainbowed light glistens off of the unicorn's pearlescent horn.

Onward. To battle. (Looks like Applejack thought we'd get in faster too)

Whiteburn wildly exclaims, "The unicorn rides with us! May our beating hearts echo the drums of war!"

Sereze kindly says, "May Hodierna preserve us..."

Sereze serenely says, "Bless us, Lady of Life, guard us against the dark.."

Maxwelinski says, "I think a fish swam up my leg."

[Personal] Your mind hears Aislynn thinking, "<to you>" "Maltris, Olinslag, and I are at the tunnel. We'll hold here."

(This is about the time when we lost control of a lot of the group. As people slowly got in, some people started doing there own thing, but in the end it worked out because it takes people forever to get across the bridge too.)

Atanamir says, "I daresay this is an extremely effective chokepoint." (Got that right)

Kenamer says to you, "If things go wrong down there let me know, I must protect the standing stones and riverhaven. I wont however let people die if I can prevent it, if things go bad let me know." (Good man)

You say, "Word I am getting from the inside, if you kill Maelshyve's servants, DO NOT pick up anything they drop. It is cursed."

[General] Your mind hears Talinel thinking, "You shall all fall to Maelshyve, let your blood wet her alter and her power here rise!"

[General] Your mind hears Janora thinking, "Hodierna will rise above all!"

[General] Your mind hears Mazrian thinking, "Mhmm. Ran you off pretty fast."

[General] Your mind hears Talinel thinking, "Like you shall run from the Master of the this place when she comes for you." (Talinel is always good for this kind of banter, two thumbs up.)

[General] Your mind hears Atanamir thinking, "We'll be there soon Mazrian. I think." (2 hours later...)

[General] Your mind hears Nahvani thinking, "Lambs to the slaughter, Talinel..."

[General] Your mind hears Whiteburn thinking, "Unnatural life ebbs in the presence of Death eternal. "

[General] Your mind hears Vorare thinking, "Death may lose sway when stronger things awaken."

[General] Your mind hears Nahvani thinking, "Death is nothing but a lesson for those willing to learn."

[General] Your mind hears Vorare thinking, "Death is temporary....she is eternal."

[General] Your mind hears Mazrian thinking, "We've engaged the vessels and normal creatures. Maelshyve is active, whispering to all of us." (Creeeeeeepy)

[General] Your mind hears Mazrian thinking, "We have a unicorn following us."

[General] Your mind hears Vorare thinking, "Then it follows fools."

[General] Your mind hears Whiteburn thinking, "All that is unholy will fall before the might of the Divine!"

[General] Your mind hears Nahvani thinking, "Yes, you are a paragon of the Divine, we have all heard..."

[General] Your mind hears Nahvani thinking, "Go back to murdering babies and feeding them to your sharks." (Hey, them sharks gotta eat)

[General] Your mind hears Aislynn thinking, "And you are such a perverse rebel, thwarting divine influence by rolling in demonic stink. You'll bend a knee to whatever offers you power, won't you? "

[General] Your mind hears Nahvani thinking, "Oh, I am wounded. You've insulted me, whatever shall I do?"

[General] Your mind hears Rze thinking, "Glythide will shower his gifts on the victorious righteous ones during this, his holy week." (Still awaiting gifts of booze, plz)

(Anyways, after a super long time we all get in, and move onward to the Bridge. I'll show some of the combat parts since cool new monsters were made.)

[Beneath The Zaulfung, Charred Caverns]
A small shelf just below the low ceiling juts out over a massive cavern below. A thick stalactite descends from the ceiling, offering something to shimmy down on to the lower level. The shelf opens into a cavern of its own to the

southeast, whose charred basalt walls are nearly everywhere you look.
You also see a Maelshyvean vessel, a golden-pawed white lynx with fierce silver-green eyes, a Maelshyvean cinder beast which appears dead and a Maelshyvean cinder beast that is sleeping.

From a sudden blackness a pair of radiant green eyes slowly emerge, followed by the rest of a Maelshyvean vessel. (OH MY, what evil eyes you have!)

[General] Your mind hears Talinel thinking, "Maelshyve, will come forth and destroy you all and your fabled unicorn. Its head shall adorn the alter room with her other trophys."

> describe vessel

>
Miskton gestures at a Maelshyvean vessel.
A Maelshyvean vessel staggers and collapses, suddenly asleep!

The Maelshyvean vessel is an emerald-eyed Human woman seemingly in the middle of some vile transformation. Suppurating patches of purple-speckled blue scales cover her face and clawed limbs in patterns that encroach inward. Her wavy

brown hair has been shorn unevenly, giving way to other growths on her head.

Samsaren suddenly cries out "Justice!" as it flares white hot and lands a heavy strike that partially splits the sternum, snapping some ribs surrounding the heart.
The vessel falls bonelessly and lies still, midnight-hued sludge pouring out of her mouth.

A unicorn raises its pearlescent horn toward the sky, bellowing a plea to the heavens! (The power of Applejack is unleashed!)
A ring of brilliant light bursts outward as the unicorn's mane ripples eerily.

A Maelshyvean vessel stands helplessly, transfixed in awe at the wave of divine light.
A Maelshyvean vessel stands helplessly, transfixed in awe at the wave of divine light.
A Maelshyvean cinder beast stands helplessly, transfixed in awe at the wave of divine light.

[General] Your mind hears Vorare thinking, "She will not be stopped by avatars." (But... FRIENDSHIP!)

The unicorn closes to melee range on a Maelshyvean cinder beast.

A unicorn flares with a holy white glow and lands a powerful strike that instantly scorches the the right eye with a wave of sparks, knocking it completely senseless.

A unicorn flares with a holy white glow and lands a massive strike that imprints the beast's sternum with frostbite in the shape of the horn.
>
[General] Your mind hears Vorare thinking, "She will not be stopped by stones."

A unicorn flares with a holy white glow and lands a demolishing hit that shatters the right arm into frozen ice shards.
A Maelshyvean cinder beast crashes to the ground with a final growl as the fire within its eyes extinguishes, revealing two empty sockets in its face. Blood begins to pour from its maw steadily, immersing it in a shallow pool.

Maelshyve whispers, "It is far too late for you, dear mortal." (God, you're creepy)

Sereze worriedly says, "Maelshyve speaks.."

Aislynn quietly says, "If Maelshyve is whispering in your head, feel free to tell her exactly where to stuff it."

A blood-curdling shriek echoes as an embolic blood wraith materializes, lunging toward you!

A deathly cold shylvic traces a sigil in the air, leaving a pattern of frost hanging briefly in air.
The shylvic's eyes flash with an intense green light, shattering the apparition!

(Stronger versions of old creatures, good stuff)

A violent chill grips your spine, and you sense that you are being watched.
A voice whispers, "Fresh.. blood.." (GOD YOU GUYS ARE CREEPY)

Whiteburn wildly exclaims, "To battle! Ignore the voices! Spill the blood of the profane!"

An embolic blood wraith swipes its fingertips across its hand.
Blood suddenly forms up upon the blood wraith's fingers.
The blood on an embolic blood wraith's hand seems to burble and shift before it flicks its wrist to send the incarnadine droplets hurtling towards Whiteburn!
Whiteburn raises her shield quickly to fend off the incarnadine droplets.

An embolic blood wraith gestures at Karthor.
A white glow flares around Karthor.
Writhing black and red particles form around Karthor and pierce his body!
Karthor falters for a moment, but shows no lasting injury.

(Cool attacks)

A deathly cold shylvic hisses menacingly, its frosty breath collecting in a cloud before it.
Sparkling crystals of ice appear and coalesce into a scythe of frost which flies through the air at him!
He manages to get out of the way of the spinning scythe!
The scythe swiftly melts away. (no idea who Him is.)

You exclaim, "Clerics, deal with the shylvic!"

Sereze sternly exclaims, "Let not the voice of darkness take hold! The Immortals protect us! Praise be to Hodierna!"

A deathly cold shylvic chants a discordant hymn, pointing a frosted ethereal falchion at you.
You feel something primal and disturbing tug at your mind, but you manage to fight it off. (get off me demon spirit)

(Prepare for the.. BOOM, HEAAAAAADCRUSHERRRR! )
Toreakas is suddenly knocked down, holding his head and screaming piteously as blood gushes forth.
Olinslag is suddenly knocked down, holding his head and screaming piteously as blood gushes forth.
Aislynn is suddenly knocked down, holding her head and screaming piteously as blood gushes forth.
Karthor is suddenly knocked down, holding his head and screaming piteously as blood gushes forth.
Sturm is suddenly knocked down, holding his head and screaming piteously as blood gushes forth.
Mistanna is suddenly knocked down, holding her head and screaming piteously as blood gushes forth.
Sereze is suddenly knocked down, holding his head and screaming piteously as blood gushes forth.
Samsaren is suddenly knocked down, holding his head and screaming piteously as blood gushes forth.
Ryar is suddenly knocked down, holding his head and screaming piteously as blood gushes forth.
Tirost is suddenly knocked down, holding his head and screaming piteously as blood gushes forth.
Miskton is suddenly knocked down, holding his head and screaming piteously as blood gushes forth.
Navesi is suddenly knocked down, holding her head and screaming piteously as blood gushes forth.
Whiteburn is suddenly knocked down, holding her head and screaming piteously as blood gushes forth.
An unearthly roar shakes the entire environment. You are toppled with tremendous force, then inexplicably, you feel yourself in the clutches of unseen yet clammy talons, which press and squeeze until you hear your skull crack!
Talmoon is suddenly knocked down, holding his head and screaming piteously as blood gushes forth.
Szrael is suddenly knocked down, holding her head and screaming piteously as blood gushes forth.
Kharybell is suddenly knocked down, holding her head and screaming piteously as blood gushes forth.
Digmo is suddenly knocked down, holding his head and screaming piteously as blood gushes forth.
Etherian is suddenly knocked down, holding his head and screaming piteously as blood gushes forth.
Sebestyen is suddenly knocked down, holding his head and screaming piteously as blood gushes forth.
Agadir is suddenly knocked down, holding his head and screaming piteously as blood gushes forth.
Zymi is suddenly knocked down, holding her head and screaming piteously as blood gushes forth.
Hanryu is suddenly knocked down, holding his head and screaming piteously as blood gushes forth.

(Gotta love having a demon reach out and touch you!)

Your body feels somewhat battered.
Your spirit feels full of life.
You have a crushed skull with horrendous wounds.

Bleeding
Area Rate

head severe
You're stunned!

Sturm asks, "What was that?"

Samsaren says, "Charming."

An embolic blood wraith shears apart into plumes of roiling crimson mist that sift off into oblivion.

Agadir says, "That was... interesting."

[Charred Caverns, Chasm's Edge]
The passageway ends abruptly at the edge of a wide chasm. The surrounding walls are blackened with fiery marks seared deeply into the hard rock. The floor is littered with the charred remains of small animals that were trapped, perhaps

as they waged a final battle. A rope bridge, frayed but otherwise unmarked, spans the deep abyss before you.

Sionyl carefully sits down on the ledge, grasps onto the rope, and swings herself out over the chasm. Suddenly the rope shudders under her weight combined with Talinel's, shaking their grips as they plummet into the darkness below!

(LOL! Welcome to THE BRIDGE!)

You say, "Samsaren, banner if you can."

Samsaren gestures.
You feel a righteous tide of peace flood your senses, overwhelming in its intensity.
A ghostly white banner fades into view overhead. (Dude just bannered a room with like 20-25 people in it)

(At this point we took another LONG TIME getting people across, especially with everyone knocking each other off)

Tirost says, "Pervesre are nearby. Be careful." (You sure?)

You hear a voice say, "This endevur will fail." (He's sure)

Whiteburn exclaims, "Maelshyve will fall!"

Maelshyve whispers, "It is far too late for you, dear mortal."
>

[hodiernaraid] Your mind hears Sereze thinking, "I was seperated, Mistanna has fallen. "

Aurayn carefully sits down on the ledge, grasps onto the rope, and swings himself out over the chasm. Suddenly the rope shudders under his weight combined with Saragos's, shaking their grips as they plummet into the darkness below!

(Aurayn my man, you did this like 5x in a row, it was hilarious)

Whiteburn throws her head back and howls, "The enemies of Lord Drogor shall drown as the sharks tear them apart limb from limb, and their blood shall feed the lightless depths!"

A cold voice behind you muses, "Eylhaar, Urrem'tier, Aldauth, what are these to me? You are mine." Soft laughter fades away before you can spin around. (Into the mouth of the beast)

You say, "Aurayan, do not go again."

Aurayn carefully sits down on the ledge, grasps onto the rope, and swings himself out over the chasm. Suddenly the rope shudders under his weight combined with Whiteburn's, shaking their grips as they plummet into the darkness below!

(HAHA)

Charlize covers her mouth with her hand. (I wasn't the only one laughing)

Qiyan carefully sits down on the ledge, grasps onto the rope, and swings herself out over the chasm. Suddenly the rope shudders under her weight combined with Whiteburn's, shaking their grips as they plummet into the darkness below!

The unicorn discovers Talinel, ruining his hiding place! (Run, Bubba!)

(At this point, we kept getting headcrushed off and on)

Maltris carefully sits down on the ledge, grasps onto the rope, and swings himself out over the chasm. Suddenly the rope shudders under his weight combined with Talinel's, shaking their grips as they plummet into the darkness below!

The rope grows taut as Whiteburn shuffles eastward. Finally she reaches the rock ledge and attempts to pulls herself up onto solid ground, but instead slips and falls! (Insert Nelson Laugh Here)

Maltris carefully sits down on the ledge, grasps onto the rope, and swings himself out over the chasm. Suddenly the rope shudders under his weight combined with Talinel's, shaking their grips as they plummet into the darkness below!

[General] Your mind hears Rze thinking, "Keep your faith strong those of you attacking the fortress!" (really gotta give a shout out to the lower levels who hung back just to pray and RP encouragement)

You say, "Don't chase them all down, we need to get across this hellhole."

[General] Your mind hears Mazrian thinking, "Fierce fighting down here."

Xzean carefully sits down on the ledge, grasps onto the rope, and swings himself out over the chasm. Suddenly the rope shudders under his weight combined with Szrael's, shaking their grips as they plummet into the darkness below!

You say to Xzean, "Do it again and we'll release this banner and destroy you."

Xzean says to you, "Do that. Please." (Haha I really had no intention of dropping the banner. Headcrusher+Mobs+Perverse = No Thanks)

Xzean carefully sits down on the ledge, grasps onto the rope, and swings himself out over the chasm. Suddenly the rope shudders under his weight combined with Toreakas's, shaking their grips as they plummet into the darkness below!

You hear a female Elf voice say, "You realize that all we care about is the blood that continues to flow here."

[hodiernaraid] Your mind hears Sereze thinking, "Status report?"

[hodiernaraid] You hear your mental voice echo, "We were bombed, basically. The perverse keep knocking off our people"

Binu carefully sits down on the ledge, grasps onto the rope, and swings himself out over the chasm. Suddenly the rope shudders under his weight combined with Jhien's, shaking their grips as they plummet into the darkness below!

[hodiernaraid] Your mind hears Isharon thinking, "Whiteburn and I could use a healer."

[General] Your mind hears Mazrian thinking, "Vessels and Heirophants everywhere."

Hanryu carefully sits down on the ledge, grasps onto the rope, and swings himself out over the chasm. Suddenly the rope shudders under his weight combined with Nahvani's, shaking their grips as they plummet into the darkness below!

Jhien says to you, "Do what you can to ground the vessel."

(This wasn't even the entirety of the knockdowns, but I'll stop there. The more people we got across successfully, the worse it actually got. FINALLY, most of us made it across.)

Jhien says to you, "Do what you can to ground the vessel."

[Maelshyve's Threshold, Antechamber]
A pile of rubble is strewn upon the ground beneath a large hole that has crumbled in the northern wall of the chamber. A cold stillness hangs in the air, a foreboding harbinger of what may lie beyond this chamber.
You also see a yellow-eyed sand cat that appears rather calm, an azure fig tree, a gaping fiery fissure and a ghostly white banner.

Also here: a calmed Knight Templar Sebestyen who is caught in a cage of swirling darkness, a calmed Talmoon who is caught in a cage of swirling darkness, a calmed Hunter Hanryu who is caught in a cage of swirling darkness, a calmed

Knight Magister Saragos who is caught in a cage of swirling darkness, a calmed Archwizard Atanamir who has a stony visage, a calmed Mazrian who is caught in a cage of swirling darkness, a calmed Monster Elec who is caught in a cage of

swirling darkness, a calmed Web Healer Aislynn who is caught in a cage of swirling darkness, a calmed Toreakas, a calmed Zymi, a calmed Agadir, a calmed Field Medic Szrael, a calmed Druid Charlize and a calmed Arcane Lord Tirost who has

a stony visage.
Obvious exits: north, east, south, west.

[General] Your mind hears Talinel thinking, "Feel the might of the Demonic. Foolish raiders and you give us blood for our profane patrons."

[General] Your mind hears Vorare thinking, "They don't understand what they're provoking."

[General] Your mind hears Mazrian thinking, "Regroup at triage, north of the arch."

Mazrian says, "We need to coordinate or we're going to keep dropping like flies."

Saragos says, "We're gathering up to make another move."

Elec says, "Yes... well there's others dying while we wait."

You say, "Everyone join up."

You say, "Prepare your spells now."

(Got hit with another HEADCRUSHER!!!! at this point)

Mazrian says, "Ok, let's start getting put back together."

Navesi says, "Listen up! We are moving to the north triage now." (North Triage was getting whooped on prior to her return)

Navesi exclaims, "Join me!"

Sereze sternly exclaims, "Get ready to move, everyone!"

Navesi exclaims, "JOIN ME to move north!"

(After running through a few puzzle areas and the river..)

[Maelshyve's Fortress, Inner Sanctum]
A twisted onyx sculpture sits at the intersection of the two northern hallways, its claw-like shape grasping a polished silver bowl. Above it, a tapestry hangs, bearing the likeness of a Human man dressed in priestly garb. The bottom

edges of the tapestry are stained a ruddy brown.
You also see a golden-pawed white lynx with fierce silver-green eyes that appears rather calm, a midnight-blue barb, a ghostly white banner, a midnight-blue barb, a bloodwood staff capped with an upturned claw of obsidian, a midnight-

blue barb, a midnight-blue barb, a midnight-blue barb, a midnight-blue barb, a midnight-blue barb, a midnight-blue barb, a midnight-blue barb, a midnight-blue barb, a midnight-blue barb, a tiny carmine spinel, a tiny mauve spinel, a

large olive morganite, a medium periwinkle kunzite, a corroded copper coffer, some silver coins, a tiny umber peridot, a tiny blue tanzanite, a tiny green-yellow tsavorite, a bloodwood staff capped with an upturned claw of obsidian, an

etched circle of curious runes, a midnight-blue barb, a midnight-blue barb, a midnight-blue barb, a midnight-blue barb, a midnight-blue barb, a midnight-blue barb, a sinister Maelshyvean hierophant that appears rather calm, a midnight-

blue barb, a midnight-blue barb, a midnight-blue barb, a Maelshyvean vessel that appears rather calm, a Maelshyvean vessel that appears rather calm, a sinister Maelshyvean hierophant that appears rather calm, a sinister Maelshyvean

hierophant that appears rather calm, a sinister Maelshyvean hierophant that appears rather calm, a sinister Maelshyvean hierophant that appears rather calm, an enormous fiery fissure, a sinister Maelshyvean hierophant that appears rather

calm, a sinister Maelshyvean hierophant that appears rather calm, a sinister Maelshyvean hierophant that appears rather calm, an embolic blood wraith that appears rather calm, a sinister Maelshyvean hierophant that appears rather calm

and a Maelshyvean vessel that appears rather calm.

Also here: Arcane Lord Tirost who has a stony visage, Hodierna's Fist Kaelie who is caught in a cage of swirling darkness, Revelator Sereze who is shrouded in ghostly flames, Druid Charlize who is surrounded by a shimmering shield, Field

Medic Szrael who is surrounded by a shimmering shield, Toreakas who is surrounded by a shimmering shield, Web Healer Aislynn who is surrounded by a shimmering shield, Mazrian who is surrounded by a shimmering shield, Knight Magister

Saragos who has a stony visage, Hunter Hanryu who is surrounded by a shimmering shield, Talmoon who is surrounded by a shimmering shield, Agadir who is surrounded by a shimmering shield, Zymi who is surrounded by a shimmering shield,

Archwizard Atanamir who is surrounded by seven circling blades of ice, True Bard Navesi, a calmed Grim Caller Collain, a calmed Duskruin Arena Heroine Gabellia who is shrouded in ghostly flames, a calmed Iconoclast Ciriasa, a calmed

Knight Radiant Isharon, the body of a calmed Lightning Warden Aurayn who is lying down, a calmed Force of Nature Etherian who is crawling with shadowy tendrils, a calmed Corndog Everics, a calmed Shadow Tracker Maltris, the body of a

calmed Sir Sturm who is lying down, a calmed Visionist Miskton, a calmed Inquisitor Whiteburn who is sleeping, a calmed Fickle Wind Qiyan who is sitting, a calmed High Priestess Khaelyn who is emanating a bright holy aura, a calmed Fist

of the Heavens Samsaren and a calmed Archmage Seldaren.
Obvious exits: northeast, south, northwest.

J>
* Whiteburn is slain before your eyes!
The lucent sphere fades from around Whiteburn.
The soft white glow fades from around Whiteburn.
The powerful divine aura slowly wanes from about Whiteburn.
Tendrils of ethereal blue light suddenly enwreathe Whiteburn, fading from view as they race in a swirling pattern down her body, disappearing into the ground.

Ciriasa says, "Pathetic. Your Drogor has no power here." (Apparently True! ^^^)

You see Iconoclast Ciriasa, a Maelshyvean Vessel.
Though vaguely resembling a female, the last vestige of humanity in this monstrous entity appears all but cast aside. Midnight-blue scales as thick as the heaviest of armor cover her body from head to toe, and wickedly sharp claws, each

roughly the size of a dagger's blade, extend out from her scaly fingertips. Piercing green eyes balefully glare outward, searching for any perceived threats.
It is impossible to guess her age as she appears right now.

An iconoclast's robe of deep blue velvet drapes awkwardly over her, its fabric tattered and shredded to near-uselessness.

Dusky blue fumes emanate from Ciriasa, penetrating more than your clothing. You feel besmirched, violated, and profoundly afraid.

Saragos flings a sealed-shut vial of glowing liquid at Ciriasa. With a violent sounding crackle, the vial explodes into small glass shards while the reddish liquid within sprays forth. However, the strange solution fails to adhere to

Ciriasa in any way, spraying the ground fruitlessly.

Mazrian flings a sealed-shut vial of glowing liquid at Ciriasa. With a violent sounding crackle, the vial explodes into small glass shards while the reddish liquid within sprays forth. However, the strange solution fails to adhere to

Seldaren flings a sealed-shut vial of glowing liquid at Ciriasa. With a violent sounding crackle, the vial explodes into small glass shards while the reddish liquid within sprays forth. However, the strange solution fails to adhere to

You fling a sealed-shut vial of glowing liquid at Ciriasa. With a violent sounding crackle, the vial explodes into small glass shards while the reddish liquid within sprays forth. However, the strange solution fails to adhere to

Roundtime: 6 sec.

Iconoclast Ciriasa goes northeast.

Samsaren says, "Need to get her down before the vials will work."

Mazrian asks, "Ah, ok. How do we do that?"

Samsaren asks, "Barrage capped debilitations?"

Collain says, "I'm not sure. She seems to ignore roars."

Navesi says, "The vessel known as Ciriasa is a grave threat. We are attempting to raise warriors to fight against her, if we can. We need to form a plan of attack."

Elec says, "I almost had her once."

Elec asks, "Can she be halted?"

Isharon says, "I was not able to Halt her."

Samsaren says, "First cast I tried was resisted, felt like casting at a barbarian."

Mazrian says, "Ok. If you're injured, stay here and get healed."

Navesi says, "I propose Sir Samsaren leads those able to go into combat."

Navesi says, "Anyone who needs healing, stay here. Return here if you need it."

You say, "Everyone ready to fight, follow Samsaren."

(at this point we all move out with Sam the Man to slay the great beast)

Maelshyve whispers, "What a good vessel you are..." (No creeper, I don't think I have the right body parts for that)

Samsaren says, "Okay, casters, max prep debils, once she's on the ground, throw the vials."

Isharon says, "So if you are adept at light thrown, ask for vials."

(Here a ton of vials were handed out.)

You go south.

[Maelshyve's Fortress, Inner Sanctum]
Grand ironwood bookcases line each wall of the hallway, the sturdy constructs tottering under the burden of what must be thousands of tomes. Panes of glass locked shut and sealed with a strange platinum rune prevent closer perusal of

what knowledge may be held here.
You also see a sinister Maelshyvean hierophant, a midnight-blue barb, a midnight-blue barb, a midnight-blue barb, a midnight-blue barb, a midnight-blue barb, a midnight-blue barb, a midnight-blue barb, a midnight-blue barb, a midnight-

blue barb, a midnight-blue barb, an etched circle of curious runes, a small red-orange sunstone, a midnight-blue barb, a midnight-blue barb, a midnight-blue barb, a midnight-blue barb, a midnight-blue barb, a midnight-blue barb, a

frosted ethereal falchion, a midnight-blue barb, a midnight-blue barb, a midnight-blue barb, a sinister Maelshyvean hierophant, a sinister Maelshyvean hierophant, a sinister Maelshyvean hierophant, a sinister Maelshyvean hierophant, a

sinister Maelshyvean hierophant, a midnight-blue barb, a midnight-blue barb, a midnight-blue barb, a midnight-blue barb, a midnight-blue barb, a midnight-blue barb, a midnight-blue barb, a midnight-blue barb, a midnight-blue barb, a

midnight-blue barb, a sinister Maelshyvean hierophant, a sinister Maelshyvean hierophant, a sinister Maelshyvean hierophant, a sinister Maelshyvean hierophant, a sinister Maelshyvean hierophant, a sinister Maelshyvean hierophant, a

sinister Maelshyvean hierophant, a sinister Maelshyvean hierophant, a sinister Maelshyvean hierophant, a sinister Maelshyvean hierophant, a sinister Maelshyvean hierophant and a sinister Maelshyvean hierophant.
Also here: Archmage Seldaren is surrounded by an elemental maelstrom, High Priestess Khaelyn who is emanating a bright holy aura, Visionist Miskton, Sir Sturm, Shadow Tracker Maltris, Force of Nature Etherian who is crawling with shadowy

tendrils, Archwizard Atanamir who has a stony visage, Zymi who is surrounded by a shimmering shield, Agadir who is surrounded by a shimmering shield, Talmoon who is surrounded by a shimmering shield, Hunter Hanryu who is surrounded by a

shimmering shield, Knight Magister Saragos who has a stony visage, Mazrian who has a stony visage, Web Healer Aislynn who is surrounded by a shimmering shield, Toreakas who is surrounded by a shimmering shield, Druid Charlize who is

surrounded by a shimmering shield, Monster Elec, Druid Maxwelinski, Knight Templar Sebestyen who is surrounded by a shimmering shield, Fist of the Heavens Samsaren and Iconoclast Ciriasa who is flying around.
Obvious exits: north, south.

A deep howl of bloodlust erupts from Ciriasa as her chest puffs out from the strain of corded chest muscles tightening all at once!

Ciriasa throws her head back and howls!

Etherian gestures at Ciriasa.
A thousand tiny spiders crawl out of their hiding places, but are unable to reach the flying creature.(Nope)

Ciriasa claws the air symbolically and bellows, "Maelshyve, hear my plea!" (Dang it..)

Khaelyn is suddenly knocked down, holding her head and screaming piteously as blood gushes forth.
Maxwelinski is suddenly knocked down, holding his head and screaming piteously as blood gushes forth.
Toreakas is suddenly knocked down, holding his head and screaming piteously as blood gushes forth.
Maltris is suddenly knocked down, holding his head and screaming piteously as blood gushes forth.
Aislynn is suddenly knocked down, holding her head and screaming piteously as blood gushes forth.
Sturm is suddenly knocked down, holding his head and screaming piteously as blood gushes forth.
Mazrian is suddenly knocked down, holding his head and screaming piteously as blood gushes forth.
Atanamir is suddenly knocked down, holding his head and screaming piteously as blood gushes forth.
Samsaren is suddenly knocked down, holding his head and screaming piteously as blood gushes forth.
Saragos is suddenly knocked down, holding his head and screaming piteously as blood gushes forth.
Miskton is suddenly knocked down, holding his head and screaming piteously as blood gushes forth.
An unearthly roar shakes the entire environment. You are toppled with tremendous force, then inexplicably, you feel yourself in the clutches of unseen yet clammy talons, which press and squeeze until you hear your skull crack!
Osven is suddenly knocked down, holding his head and screaming piteously as blood gushes forth.
Talmoon is suddenly knocked down, holding his head and screaming piteously as blood gushes forth.
Seldaren is suddenly knocked down, holding his head and screaming piteously as blood gushes forth.
Elec is suddenly knocked down, holding his head and screaming piteously as blood gushes forth.
Charlize is suddenly knocked down, holding her head and screaming piteously as blood gushes forth.
Etherian is suddenly knocked down, holding his head and screaming piteously as blood gushes forth.
Sebestyen is suddenly knocked down, holding his head and screaming piteously as blood gushes forth.
Agadir is suddenly knocked down, holding his head and screaming piteously as blood gushes forth.
Zymi is suddenly knocked down, holding her head and screaming piteously as blood gushes forth.
Hanryu is suddenly knocked down, holding his head and screaming piteously as blood gushes forth.

Ciriasa lowers her head briefly before unleashing a roar hinting at a fatal following.

With a hard snap of Ciriasa's wings, several ichor-soaked barbs come free off of them.
An ephemeral light glows about Samsaren.
Moving strongly, Ciriasa hurls a midnight-blue barb at Samsaren. Samsaren barely fails to block with phalanx shield. The barb lands a light hit to his right arm!
The midnight-blue barb lodges itself shallowly into Samsaren!
An ephemeral light glows about Samsaren.
Moving strongly, Ciriasa hurls a midnight-blue barb at Samsaren. Samsaren attempts to evade. The barb lands a good strike to his right arm!
Ciriasa hurls a midnight-blue barb at Samsaren. Samsaren barely blocks with a colossal animite-inlaid phalanx shield. The barb lands a light hit to his right arm!
Ciriasa hurls a midnight-blue barb at Samsaren. Samsaren dodges, leaning to one side with no room to spare. The barb lands a light hit to his right arm!
Ciriasa hurls a midnight-blue barb at Samsaren. Samsaren barely blocks with a colossal animite-inlaid phalanx shield. The barb lands a light hit to his right arm!

(Dang, the demon lady is throwing five stacks covered in demon juice)

Nefis crushes his glass orb in his hand like a frail egg shell, driving the shards deeply into the flesh. Nothing unusual happens at first as driblets of blood seep between his fingers to softly patter below.

Drip. Drip. Drip.

He staggers as his blood is torn from his veins, flowing into a creature quickly growing before him.
Finally the feeding stops, leaving Nefis greatly weakened, but alive.

Before you stands a gigantic glass construct, formed of naught but blood and glass. Carnage seems to roll from the creature as it gazes about, its silence only broken by the slow dripping of blood from its horrid body.

(This dude was smart, good move.)

Samsaren gestures at Ciriasa. (Not yet..)

Ciriasa whirls about in a bold, flashy manner! (Demonic Barbarian Cultist Stories over here)

You notice Osven trying to remain hidden while speaking.
The glass construct discovers Osven, ruining his hiding place!
Osven exclaims, "She's grounded now!"

Vorare wavers into view. (Another!)
Vorare crushes her glass orb in her hand like a frail egg shell, driving the shards deeply into the flesh. Nothing unusual happens at first as driblets of blood seep between her fingers to softly patter below.

Drip. Drip. Drip.

She staggers as her blood is torn from her veins, flowing into a creature quickly growing before her.
Finally the feeding stops, leaving Vorare greatly weakened, but alive.

Before you stands a gigantic glass construct, formed of naught but blood and glass. Carnage seems to roll from the creature as it gazes about, its silence only broken by the slow dripping of blood from its horrid body.

A tingling feeling washes through you as Aislynn gradually draws the hurts from your body.
Your external head wounds feel better.
Your external head and left leg scars feel fully healed.
Your internal left leg scars feel fully healed.

Aislynn's in shock and dying!

* Aislynn is slain before your eyes! (Medic down!!)
The shimmering ethereal shield fades from around Aislynn.

Samsaren gestures at Ciriasa.
Samsaren stares intently at Ciriasa, stopping her in her tracks with his gaze. (GOT EM!)

Seldaren gets a sealed-shut vial of glowing liquid from inside his leather backpack.
!R>
Seldaren flings a sealed-shut vial of glowing liquid at Ciriasa. With a violent sounding crackle, the vial explodes into small glass shards while the reddish liquid within sprays forth. The liquid sprays against Ciriasa, who reels back

in sudden shock. Black energy erupts from the droplets, arcing in chaotic, lightning-like patterns against her body before sinking into her. Ciriasa collapses to her knees briefly as reality itself warps violently in the area.

A wave of distortion ripples through your body, tearing at it from the inside out! Your mind has time to register agonizing pain before it is abruptly stilled.

The air around you shimmers with a weak yellow light that quickly disperses.
The shimmering ethereal shield fades from around you.
You feel the knowledge of the Misdirection spell slip from your mind.
Your death cry echoes in your brain as it quickly dawns on you that you have just died! Already, you feel the tug of eternity upon your soul and you struggle to remain tied to this world.

A chill takes the seat of your soul as your remaining spiritual strength bleeds away steadily. However, you are comforted that you have curried the favor of your god, which will greatly improve the course of your resurrection or

reincarnation.

Your body will decay beyond its ability to hold your soul in 131 minutes.
Roundtime: 30 sec.
Etherian's body ripples and wrenches as it is caught in one of the waves of distortion.

* Etherian is slain before your eyes!
The dark stripes upon Etherian's skin fade away.
Etherian appears calmer than he did a moment ago.
Etherian exhales involuntarily and shifts his stance, as if now under a heavy burden.
Aislynn's body ripples and wrenches as it is caught in one of the waves of distortion.
Elec's body ripples and wrenches as it is caught in one of the waves of distortion.

* Elec is slain before your eyes!
Samsaren's body ripples and wrenches as it is caught in one of the waves of distortion.

* Samsaren is slain before your eyes!
A soft red glow appears over Samsaren's body.
A light silvery glow surrounds Samsaren's sterak axe in his hand.
Samsaren seems to lose some of his verve.
The dull orange glow fades from Samsaren.
Samsaren's rage dissipates.

A gigantic glass construct stands motionless as microfractures spiderweb across the surface of its body. Nothing happens at first until lethal shrapnel erupt outward from the construct in every direction.
One of the shards flies towards Charlize, landing a light hit against her back!

* Charlize is slain before your eyes! (There were three glass constructs that were going ham on everyone the entire time)
The shimmering ethereal shield fades from around Charlize.

One of the shards flies towards Osven, landing a light hit against his head!

* Osven is slain before your eyes!
One of the shards flies towards Ciriasa, but she blocks with her shield.

After landing, Ciriasa hatefully glares around the faces gathered nearby, her eyes once again fiercly glowing with a sickly green haze. She clutches her brow momentarily and shakes her head, as if in some internal struggle. Her

breathing is labored, and she appears severely weakened. She proclaims with some uncertainty, "What's this? Master, do not abandon me, I will destroy these fools here and now!"

An unnatural hissing can be heard coming from Ciriasa as she falls over in a heap, convulsing. The scent of filth fills the air as the scales and wings covering her once intimidating form begin to slowly melt off of her form in a sickly

blue ichor. After several moments, the substance has all but washed away into a pool of liquid that begins to dissolve into the ground, replaced with the form of a young and emaciated Human female covered in naught but a tattered robe.

Ciriasa's eyes slowly open.(At this point everyone and their mother basically keeps beating the heck out of her)

A sinister Maelshyvean hierophant sweeps low at Agadir. The staff lands a solid hit that explodes the chest in a shower of blood and splintered ribs!

* Agadir is slain before your eyes!
The shimmering ethereal shield fades from around Agadir.

One of the shards flies towards Zymi, landing a light hit against her neck!

* Zymi is slain before your eyes! (Shards! SHARDS EVERYWHERE!)
Zymi exhales involuntarily and shifts her stance, as if now under a heavy burden.

* Nefis is slain before your eyes!

Xzean crushes his glass orb in his hand like a frail egg shell, driving the shards deeply into the flesh. Nothing unusual happens at first as driblets of blood seep between his fingers to softly patter below.

Drip. Drip. Drip. (haha, MOAR)

Mazrian gouges his fingers at Ciriasa. Ciriasa dodges, ducking in the nick of time.
DEAD>
You hear the ghostly voice of Osven exclaim, "Don't kill her! She's purged!"
DEAD>
With the precision and elegance of a plunging goshawk, Sebestyen slices a gleaming triple-fullered bastard sword with golden lion quillons at Ciriasa. Ciriasa fails to evade, avoiding only some of the blow. The sword suddenly cries out

"Justice!" as it flares white hot and lands a light hit to her right arm!

(These attacks basically keep on until she dies from her injuries)

(Following that, her body is dragged off by the mysterious Osven while everyone is getting healed/raised and clearing out the remaining monsters. All of us gather at the altar room.)

[Maelshyve's Fortress, Fallen Altar]
The stacked skull totems form a ring around the edge of the great dais, their feeble collective glow struggling to fight the shadows encroaching upon this corrupt shrine. A large altar of black marble stands prominently near the

northern edge of the dais, its broad flat surface reflecting the sickly glow with a lustrous sheen. Behind the altar a black marble statue stands, framing the altar with its massive wingspan.
You also see an enormous electrical fissure, a large rock, a golden-pawed white lynx with fierce silver-green eyes that is sitting, a unicorn, a yellow-eyed sand cat that is sitting and an obsidian scorpion.

Also here: Sir Sturm, Druid Charlize who is caught in a cage of swirling darkness, Druid Maxwelinski who is caught in a cage of swirling darkness, Zymi who is caught in a cage of swirling darkness, Corndog Everics, Field Medic Szrael who

is caught in a cage of swirling darkness, Lightning Warden Aurayn who is kneeling, Knight Magister Saragos who is kneeling, Ruea, Hodierna's Fist Kaelie who is kneeling, Duskruin Arena Heroine Gabellia who is kneeling, Talmoon who is in

a globe of blue fire, Fickle Wind Qiyan, Arcane Lord Tirost who has a stony visage, Revelator Sereze who is kneeling, Force of Nature Etherian who is crawling with shadowy tendrils, Shadow Tracker Maltris, Fist of the Heavens Samsaren

who is caught in a cage of swirling darkness, Inquisitor Whiteburn who is kneeling, Toreakas who is surrounded by a shimmering shield, True Bard Navesi who is kneeling, Grim Caller Collain, Hunter Hanryu who is surrounded by a shimmering

shield, Elder Liurilias who is kneeling, Mazrian who has a stony visage, Knight Templar Sebestyen who is surrounded by a shimmering shield, Archmage Seldaren, High Priestess Khaelyn who is kneeling, Archwizard Atanamir who has a stony

visage and Knight Radiant Isharon who is kneeling.
Obvious exits: south.

Navesi exclaims, "I see no necromancers, but be on guard. Mother Whiteburn, lead us in prayer!"

Isharon says, "Pray to Urrem'tier, that He may hear our devotion despite the dampening effects of Maelshyve's corruption."

Whiteburn fiercely exclaims, "Death upon death upon death!"

Whiteburn wildly exclaims, "Death to usurpers! Death to the profane! Death to the demonic! Death to the spiritually unclean! Death! Death!"

Aurayn says, "Firulf be with us."

You exclaim, "Everyone, add your voice to Whiteburn's!"

Whiteburn exclaims, "All who are here! Pray to the Lord of Death! Send your prayers to Urrem'tier!"

Sereze piously says, "Death eternal! May the cycle continue."

(Most people begin kneeling and praying)

You exclaim, "Urrem'tier, relciam what is yours!"

Maxwelinski exclaims, "Torture for Aldauth! Praise be!"

Whiteburn voraciously exclaims, "Peacefully! Thrashing! They all return to You! No power is greater than death! No force more eternal! Maelshyve has no place here!"

Sereze piously exclaims, "We beseech thee, Urrem'tier, may our actions please thee, reclaim that which is yours!"

Isharon reverently says, "Urrem'tier, hear our plea, and see our devotion made manifest in this the hall that was stolen from you."

Maltris lands an earth-shaking strike that cleaves off the top half of the skull, exposing the brain.

* Gallifreius is slain before your eyes! (Well, there's some death for the god of death)
The spiders lose their interest in Gallifreius.

Whiteburn exclaims, "Draw into Your Divine maw the life spirit of all accursed things! Those who attempt to defy Your will and the Will of the Thirteen will fall!"

The unicorn's deep, warm voice says into your mind:

The fate of she who was the demon's prime vessel lies with Urrem'tier now. Seek her if you wish, save her if you can. The gods are pleased with your deeds this day, and I, the servant of Hodierna, ask no more of you.

A unicorn begins glowing intensely, motes of divine light surrounding it and pouring from its kind but wild eyes.

The unicorn's form dissolves into light and mist entirely, the sound of its neigh echoing all about. Showers of sparks fill the area, and when it lets up, the ground is littered in a fine layer of what looks like shimmering gold dust,

the embers quickly spread by the wind.

A sense of peace lingers in the air, as if Hodierna herself had breathed a whispered blessing.

Whiteburn wildly exclaims, "This Holy place is YOURS by rights!"

Samsaren says, "Well, if Urrem'tier has the soul, I'd say our work here is done."

Mazrian says, "We did our part. He can sort it out."

Sereze serenely says to Whiteburn, "Whiteburn, what say you? I feel we are still missing something."

Samsaren says to you, "You picked a heck of a cause."

Samsaren pats you on the back.

You say, "Tell me about it."

Tirost laughs!

Aurayn grins at you.

Mazrian wraps his arms around you, giving you a great big bear hug!

Whiteburn quietly says, "The avatar of Hodierna has seemed to bless this place..."

Toreakas says, "This all seemed rather easy." (hahaha)

Mazrian quietly says to you, "We did it, man."

Sereze serenely asks, "Where is the vessel now?"

Kaelie says, "The poor soul has to be somewhere to have a cleric find her soul."
J>
Mazrian says, "We purged the taint from her soul."

Navesi says, "The vessel was dragged away by an unknown man." (Its always ninjas)

Isharon says, "I feel the warmth of Hodierna's blessing, but we are still to look for the vessel."
J>
Aurayn says, "There was a suggestion about raising her."

You say, "Rangers, see if you can find the vessel."

Sereze serenely says, "I would see to it that the vessel be returned."

Saragos says, "Look for Ciriasa, or Osven, if you are able."

Isharon says, "Maltris is looking for the vessel."

You say, "We will need Clerics, please stand by."

(After a bit of talking about what is going on...)

The corpse of Ciriasa suddenly appears!

You say, "Clerics."

Kaelie says, "I had her healed." (Apparently the corpse was covered in new wounds)

You say, "Beseech urrem'tier to raise this woman."

You say, "Please."

Ruea says, "Oh goodness."

Elec says, "Nah... y'all are too trusting."

You say, "Not all of these women chose to summon Maelshyve, some were forced."

Elec says, "Burn it." (FIRE AND BLOOD)

Binu says, "I'll provide the naphtha."

You say, "No."

You say, "The woman will be raised."

Seldaren says, "The unicorn said it was a good idea. I tend to trust them."

Mazrian says, "No...it wasn't her fault. She's free of the taint now."

Elec says, "Wonderful."

Isharon says, "Hodierna wills it."

You say, "Indeed."
J>
Sereze nods at Isharon, obviously agreeing with her views.
J>
Navesi nods to Isharon.

You say, "Clerics, begin a ritual, Beseech Urrem'tier."

Whiteburn reverently says, "Urrem'tier... we beseech you. Hear our cry... this vessel has been purged of evil. May she rise again."

Binu says, "Have the clerics verified that her soul is clean now."

Binu asks, "Hm?"

You say, "The GOD verified it."

Binu says, "The unicorn was helpful to us, but I know not who it serves."

Sereze serenely says, "I will sustain the soul, for it is waning quickly.."

You say, "Hodierna, friend."

You say, "She has no favor due to the corruption."

Isharon says, "The unicorn is the avatar of Hodierna, who blessed this quest."

Seldaren says, "I think the temple is pretty clear on who unicorns serve."

You say, "You must beseech Urrem'tier."

You say, "Everyone kneel, we shall begin and finish this."

(Everyone kneels again and prays)

Whiteburn reverently says, "If You require life energy for this, O Lord of the Dead, then take of mine."

Liurilias places his hand on the forehead of Ciriasa and chants a prayer.

Collain says, "Trickery is one of Maelshyve's calling cards. Not her most prominent, of course."

You say, "It is no trick friends. The unicorn saved us 100 times."

You say, "It knows."

Navesi says, "Hodierna, great Serpent, we have endured your trial. Save this woman." (haha, Kaldars)

You exclaim, "Urrem'tier, if you require favor, I give of my own!"

You exclaim, "Raise this poor woman to walk once more among the living!"

"Urrem'tier! We call upon You! This vessel has been purified! Breath life into her once more! "

Navesi says, "Take upon my own favor with You, Hodierna, if you must."
KJ>
Isharon says, "Urrem'tier, take favor from me if I am worthy."

Sereze serenely says, "Hodierna, my favor is with you, I give unto thee."
KJ>
Kaelie says, "Faenella take my favor from me."

A pure white light glistens over Ciriasa's corpse. (This happened a lot)

Ruea says, "Damaris... Do as you will."

Qiyan exclaims, "Pleas take mine... its fresh!"

Mazrian says, "Take one of mine if it's needed."

Saragos exclaims, "I offer mine!"

Miskton says, "I offer up my own favor with the gods as well."

Elec says, "Well, I'll be greedy then."

Sereze serenely exclaims, "Hear our voices, Immortals, for we give unto thee!"
KJ>
Talmoon gives Ciriasa a little prod between the shoulder blades.

Elec says, "I've given enough favors to the cause."
KJ>
Talmoon quietly says, "Wake up already."

"Draw upon our faith! Draw upon the spirits within this place!
Draw upon our souls!
Urrem'tier, hear us!
We are all willing to sacrifice!"

Collain says, "Very well, Idon's favor is offered freely."

Saragos says, "Chadatru, hear my plea! I offer up my favor from you."

Khaelyn says, "I offer to you a favor if required."

Binu says, "If required, take all of my favors to save this woman."

Mazrian says, "Also, we did just storm your fortress and kick a demon's rear to recapture your altar for you...so you owe us, I think, just this one thing."(HAHA)

Mazrian dryly says, "...Respectfully."

Elec says, "Fine, Phelim... Do your thing."

Whiteburn asks Mazrian, "Was that necessary?"

You exclaim, "We give of ourselves! Please, help this poor soul to return into your embrace!"

You exclaim, "Keep praying!"

(This goes on for a bit longer, and then..)

The body of Ciriasa is suddenly dragged off. (GASP! WHO HAS DONE THIS!?!?)

And that was more or less the end, as small searching for the corpse turned up nothing and everyone now wonders where has that fallen vessel corpse gone.
Re: Fortress Raid *LOG* 04/15/2018 04:09 PM CDT
Thanks for the log, and while I am thanking people, thanks Navesi's player for the detailed news article.

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
"Phelim, what have I wrought?"
GM NaOHHI
---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 S.V.o.L.t.R