A discussion on the planes goes poorly (REPOST) 03/30/2018 09:28 AM CDT
Hopefully I got all the important names out this time.
---

The Redeemed says, "... Many might go to The Cultists service."
You say, "Those that do aren't the sort I want to be here anyway."
You say, "Let them hear about it through the haze of rumor."
The Redeemed asks, "Should I leave?"
The Silver Knife says, "The crossover was bound to be limited. At least this way The Cultist will be preoccupied for a while."
You say to The Redeemed, "No, you should state your views, loudly, and insistently."
The Redeemed reluctantly says, "Yes, I rather not have The Cultist try and burn me if at all possible."
You say, "If she changes her mind and shows, my patience for her is thinner than thin."
The Redeemed says, "For those who may need an update... Yhtrin still has The Captive."
You say, "He... seems to be happy kidnapping."
You say, "I spoke with The Scholar the other day, and he made a point of demanding how I could stand in Yhtrin presence without wanting to kill him, given what he does... Has done."

The Redeemed says, "... Killing him is pointing, given what he is."
The Redeemed says, "I hope you told him that."
The Redeemed says, "Pointless."
You say, "I told him it was complicated, and few lines were clean."
You say, "But that I often don't stand in his presence without wanting to kill him."
The Redeemed says, "But do not get me wrong, I will take care of him. I am still planning."
You ask, "Do you have plans regarding the Inquisitions... foible... in a few days?"
The Redeemed says, "I do not... I rather just keep my distance."
You say, "Sounds like our hands may be forced."
The Redeemed asks, "Why?"
You say, "The stakes may be higher than we anticipated. Plans not so simply clear for the Inquisition to blunder thr-."
You say, "Lo there."
The Silver Knife says to The Tallnah, "You're looking unwell."
You say, "Yo'uve seen better days, Tallnah."
You say, "Your wounds."

The Tallnah says, "So I have, I forgot to eat something before coming."
The Tallnah says to The Silver Knife, "I wouldn't mind taking that, thank you."
The Silver Knife says to The Scholar, "I'd have thought you'd be at the Solace."
The Scholar says to The Silver Knife, "You know me better than that."
You say, "The Cultist leading a service on redemption and safety."
The Silver Knife says, "I could see it being a hard choice."
You say, "Celebrating a being that raises the dead to fight her competitors, no less."
You exclaim to The Goat, "Haven't seen you in some time. Welcome!"
The Redeemed softly asks you, "Do we do the same...?"
You say to The Redeemed, "That's rather the point."
The Goat says to you, "Needed a much needed retreat... the killing was feeling a little tiresome."
The Goat says to you, "But thank you."
You say to The Goat, "Takes it's toll."
The Tallnah says to The Redeemed, "We don't do the same thing that clerics do, we force bodies to animate again."

The Tallnah says, "We are more honest with our slavery of beings."
The Tallnah says, "The Immortals simply try and make us feel like we aren't yoked to their desires."
You say, "Karszen was dead. Then he wasn't dead."
You say to The Tallnah, "Come now, you should know of Maelshyves nemesis."
You say, "It's in all the history books."
The Tallnah says, "I admit, until recently I ignored Maelshyve for the most part."
The Tallnah says, "We don't necessarily see each others goals as worthwhile. Maelshyve, until recently, has been content to stay within their swamp."
The Silver Knife says, "With the occasional stepping out. Like what she did for the Elpalzi."
The Goat asks, "Maelshyve's leaving her swamp?"
The Tallnah says, "If She's provoked enough, perhaps They will."
You say, "So, the Inquisition is planning a raid on the fortress. Who knows how that'll go."
You say, "But it's a good jumping off point. Maelshyve, a demon, has built a fortress and corrupted the swamp."
The Silver Knife says, "That's important to consider. This isn't some looming threat they're warding off. These raiders took it upon themselves to kick Maelshyve."
You say, "For various reasons, least of which that she isn't from here, her influence on the place has ramifications."
The Tallnah asks you, "And this is a problem, why?"
You say, "The influence of things not from here influence the here."

You say, "If you've ever been to the Crossing Observatory, check out the basement."
You say, "There's some pretty interesting stuff shackled in a room."
The Tallnah says, "I've been, not that worried."
You say, "I didn't say be worried. I say look, be amused, wonder in delight at what could have been, but wasn't."
You ask, "Remember the worms made of math and the starfish made of starlight?"
The Silver Knife says, "Too well."
You say, "They attacked by making geometry not right, right around where your limbs connect to your body."
You ask, "Remember Taisgath, where shadow isn't the absence of light, but physical substance?"
The Redeemed asks, "So we're expecting shifts in reality as a result of this?"
You say, "These are... spaces, places, where the division is weak and influences bleeding."
You say, "Probably."
The Silver Knife says, "A demon breaching into the Abiding could cause all manner of things to go wrong."
You say, "All manner."
You say, "Moon Mages are distinctly aware of all the planes, but most directly interact with the Planes of Probability and the Astral."
The Tallnah asks, "Maelshyve's minions are already here, are they not demonic as well?"
You ask, "I... think? Or maybe they're the influence of her will on this place?"
You say, "Her worshippers rendered in her image, her desire."

You say, "I duno. I just know things don't work well for the denizens of the invaded plane, simply because one and one must equal two, and up must be the opposite direction of down."
You say, "When you change those rules, things don't go well."
The Silver Knife says, "It was the Hunger pushing itself into the Abiding that caused the mana storms, wasn't it? That's how I've heard it told, at least."
The Tallnah asks you, "Who's side are you on? Do you wish to see Hodierna's Champion prevail?"
The Scholar asks The Tallnah, "Is not the enemy of your enemy your friend?"
You say, "I wish to see both parties meet painful ridiculous demises."
You say, "I chose to not kneel."
You say, "But I also recognize the Inquisition has a propensity for wrapping up the naive behind it."
You say, "Meat shields. Puppets. Toys."
You say, "And will use them to whatever means it feels."
The Desert Dweller says, "We all choose a differant path The Woodsman. But for the most part our goals are the same."
The Tallnah says to The Scholar, "I do wish to see the fools crushed by Maelshyve, I just simply don't see any reason to worry about the devestating effects Maelshyve would have upon this realm."
The Redeemed says, "I rather not have my house upside down."
The Desert Dweller says, "I'm not defending Jeihrem mind you. Just saying his followers have a differant path than most."
You say, "Seems an understatement."

The Tallnah says to you, "I know how the Inquisition chooses to operate. My point was less that we shouldn't at least make an appearance, but to help you realize that we shouldn't worry about what Maelshyve does, or doesn't do."
The Scholar asks The Tallnah, "And you think the efforts of the raid will somehow provoke Maelshyve to previously undisplayed activity and power?"
The Scholar says, "You give them much credit."
The Tallnah says to The Desert Dweller, "Yes, those terrible and destructive 'Perverse'. They are such monstrous individuals."
You say, "I worry about what Maelshyve will do to the same extent I worry about what Karszen will do to us. To those idiots following the Inquisition."
You say, "Idiots, all around."
The Redeemed says to you, "Well, the only thing then would be to stop them from further impacting the current plane we are living on."
The Tallnah asks, "What does it matter to us?"
You say, "The plane is being invaded, and on the one hand, the some want to poke the eyes of monsters with the fingers of children, while others kneel to those very monsters."
The Tallnah exclaims, "I personally don't care if demons invade and reshape the world into their image. Why should any of us?!"
The Desert Dweller says, "Less clerics for us to worry about when there is retaliation."
The Tallnah says, "And the plane isn't being invaded. Maelshyve has been here for a very long time."
The Tallnah says, "At this point they are as much a part of this Realm as the Immortals."
The Scholar quietly says to you, "But there has been progress."
The Silver Knife says, "We might be better off in a demon-shaped world than most, but we're still human. Still elven. There's no telling if we could survive that kind of world."

The Redeemed says, "It could go very badly for us."
You say, "I've heard tales of what happened to the Astral beacuse Moon Mages used it for a shortcut."
The Desert Dweller says, "But yeah, that's probably not a bear that needs poked. That I do agree. Though I'd like watching a few clerics burn for once."
The Tallnah asks The Redeemed, "Why? Because the Immortals may not absolve you? You may not be welcomed back with open arms into their bossum?"
You say, "And what the denizens of that plane do to those Moon Mages they can catch."
The Tallnah says to you, "Yes, and the Moon Mages still travel that Realm."
You say, "Perhaps we'd be smart to recognize that exchanging one set of universal constants for another is a bad idea."
The Redeemed asks The Tallnah, "Do you want your parts turned inside out?"
The Goat says, "Decent-looking."
You say to The Tallnah, "They do, and it often goes poorly for them, and more to the point, they ruined that plane."
The Redeemed says to The Tallnah, "Because that could happen if they mess with... things."
The Tallnah says to The Redeemed, "I've had my organs turned into snakes, my head literally split open, and my body turned inside out by my Master."
The Tallnah says, "I've learned, I come back and my will and power is what makes it so."
The Goat says to The Tallnah, "I think you'd look gorgeous inside-out. Don't let them tear you down."
The Silver Knife asks, "But you still breath air. What need of air do demons have, Tallnah?"

You say, "Your master may not even be from here. Or whatever is behind his long dead eyes certainly isn't."
The Tallnah says to The Silver Knife, "Yes, but perhaps if we are forced to it we would uncover the secrets of Lichdom that much faster. Lord Jeihrem has no fear of demons invading and changing this Realm."
You say, "Drogor has no fear of sharks either."
You say, "A funny thing that, monsters not fearing the incursion of more monsters."
You say, "Corrupting followers, dragging them along with them."
The Silver Knife says, "You don't try to learn to breath water AFTER you've been thrown in with weights tied to your feet."
The Tallnah asks you, "You think Book, in his Transcendent state, fears it any more than Lord Jeihrem?"
The Tallnah says to The Silver Knife, "Why not? We've been forced to learn in similar fashions while we walk this path we've chosen."
You say, "I think Book, in his Transcendent state, knows the dangers and stupidity of letting divisions fall."
You say, "Just like Someone Important knew that us poking Haraweps altar was a mistake."
The Scholar says to The Tallnah, "Besides, he would be wise to. Immortality is really a term used quite loosely."
You say, "THE POINT IS, the planes were separate, but they are less so."
You say, "And the breaking of the barrier is frankly, all of our faults."
You say, "Clerics crafting their own small Gods, supporting those that are here. Warrior Mages creating entirely new elements, tearing holes in this plane to reach others. Moon Mages... heh, being Moon Mages."
You say, "It's all breaking the barriers."

The Tallnah says, "Yes, but the Realm continues to persist."
You say, "And lets keep it that way."
The Tallnah says, "Yet we are the evil that all must worry about and we should be eradicated. WE've done less to disturb the Realms than many."
The Desert Dweller says, "Can only add air to a balloon before it bursts."
You say, "Maelshyve is there, or here, whatever she's doing. That swamp isn't a bastion of growth and lush farmland."
The Tallnah asks you, "Let me put it this way, what is it that you expect from myself or those who follow my path? Do you expect us to stand on the sidelines? Do you wish us to work against the Inquisition? Against Maelshyve? What?"
The Tallnah says to you, "No, yet things both natural and not still thrive within that Swamp."
The Tallnah says, "Life is very adaptable."
The Silver Knife says, "Until very recently I thought most everyone was content to watch them smash themselves against the fortress."
You say, "I've given up trying to figure out what you Kneelers will do or want other than whatever you think will immediately grant you power."
You say, "Maelshyve could ask for your left arm in exchange for a smile and you'd start sawing."
The Tallnah says, "Yes, call us names..."
The Goat says, "Maybe we'd get a better arm."

The Tallnah says, "You kneel before Book as much as we do, we are simply more honest about it."
You say, "That's a rather keen distinction. I've never kneeled."
The Tallnah says, "And I promise you, that Maelshyve could not ask for my arm without something given in return."
You say, "And not only have I never kneeled, I refuse to."
The Tallnah says, "If She pays up, then the arms all hers."
The Tallnah says, "That's rather amusing, The Woodsman, very amusing."
You say, "Shapes poor from the fringe when these things merge and you think how pretty the destruction."
You say, "And we're left with a failed Trader cheering on the bargain they swear was in their best interest."
You say, "You think this is a game, you and yours."
The Tallnah says, "A game? I assure you, we do not."
The Tallnah says, "I always thought better of you The Woodsman. We may disagree on how to reach the end of the road we walk, but we at least recognized that we walked the same path."
You say to The Researcher, "We were just talking about instability and broken dreams."
The Goat softly asks, "Anyone have any kronar?"
The Tallnah says, "Now? I don't know..."
You ask, "Same path?"
The Silver Knife says, "Just because we're both walking east doesn't mean we share the same path."

You say to The Tallnah, "I fought your master when he showed whatever passes for a face."
The Researcher quietly says, "And here I'd thought I'd missed an opportunity to bore you all to sleep with my poetic musings of a time before you all were born."
The Goat asks, "Anyone need something to drink while I'm at the table?"
The Tallnah says to you, "Yes, you did. And you didn't do much but buzz in his ears like a gnat."
You say, "This is the line. There are those that recognize the forest must be pruned, but ultimately remain."
The Tallnah says, "But I don't imagine that I would be any different when facing Book."
The Goat says, "The Tallnah and The Woodsman gave me a small part of their fortune."
You say, "There are others that feel the forest need not even stand, and that flames are too slow a means of eradication."
The Tallnah asks, "Why do you imagine that we are in the last group?"
You say to The Tallnah, "Buzzing, as I wasn't lying dead at his feet nor Kneeling in his thrall."
The Redeemed asks, "I feel like we are going in circles. Are we just going to agree to disagree with what is to be done about this gathering that will soon happen?"
The Tallnah says, "We are."
The Silver Knife says, "There was never any hope for a consensus."
You say, "Our plane must be protected."

You say, "Those idiots don't care if it isn't."
The Tallnah says, "I come here for what I thought might be plans on how to ensure disaster doesn't happen, and instead I am faced with nothing but insults."
You say, "Other idiots are sending naive fools into a meatgrinder."
The Researcher asks The Tallnah, "What solution would you propose, then?"
You say to The Tallnah, "Be glad it's only insults, demon puppet."
The Goat says, "I have yet to hear a suggestion, period."
The Tallnah says, "Enough."
The Tallnah exclaims, "If you really want me and mine to work towards blowing up the Realms, you've gotten your wish!"
The Tallnah exclaims, "You want to watch us help ensure Maelshyve is successful?! Well, now you will know what we can really do!"
The Scholar says to The Tallnah, "Wait, Tallnah."
The Silver Knife says, "Oh, don't be ridiculous! To go so far out of spite."
The Ophidiophobe says, "Spite will be the beginning..."
The Scholar asks you, "You ok?"
The Researcher says, "And the end, apparently."
You say, "I wasn't expecting that of her. She's stronger than I remember."
The Goat says, "I like that assistant."

The Elf fisher says, "Well, that was... less climactic than I expected, but yet more."
You say, "They've been planning something for some time now."
The Redeemed asks, ".... marshmellows anyone?"
The Desert Dweller says, "Agreed elf."
You say, "And this raid feeds into it."
The Researcher says, "It certainly does."
The Desert Dweller says, "Though elf, out of kindness I should be the one to tell you to WEAR your close, instead of just carry them around."
The Silver Knife says, "Whose idea was it, even? The Watch's? If they only knew what sort of trouble they've stirred up."
The Goat says, "To be perfectly honest, I don't understand any of this babble."
The Scholar asks The Silver Knife, "Can you say more?"
The Desert Dweller says, "You look more comfortable now."
The Elf fisher says, "Very much so. Now to find a pole."
The Desert Dweller says, "At least I feel more comfortable now."

You say, "One of Book's students approached me earlier."
The Silver Knife says to The Scholar, "Listen to The Woodsman."
You say, "The man has been studying Maelshyve, and says that... Things are being planned to strengthen her."
The Scholar asks, "Planned by whom?"
The Researcher says, "That -- is not good, in the least."
The Silver Knife says, "She and her followers, I assume."
You say, "Her worshippers. Though he emphasized that the Kneelers may have gotten wind of things and chosen to act in their interests."
You say to The Scholar, "Remember when I said no one loves Maelshyve? I was evidently very, very wrong."
The Desert Dweller says, "That's very not good."
The Desert Dweller asks, "And when is this raid?"
The Desert Dweller says, "This is the first I've heard of it."
The Goat says, "I was kind of surprised at that, as well. I guess I don't understand the perverse perspective either."
The Silver Knife says, "A matter of days."
The Researcher says, "Days."
You say, "I was told that there may be risks to jostling whatever is going on in that fortress. And that the Kneelers are likely to try and take advantage of things themselves."
The Researcher solemnly says, "Days until Maelshyve may gain a stronger foothold."

The Scholar asks you, "And what will you do, if I may ask? Are you planning a more active role?"
The Desert Dweller says, "I know a way we could at least delay their plans."
You say, "I'm supposed to await further instructions, but... My plan right now is to help keep those naive idiots out of harms way."
The Desert Dweller says, "Might not like it though."
You say, "Maybe interfere with the Kneelers if I can figure it out."