Manipulated Event Creatures (Again) 11/02/2020 06:36 PM CST
As before, the living creatures in the task areas through the ripplegate don't behave properly when Manipulated. They don't attack the other creatures, merely refrain from attacking the Empath. It's hard to tell for sure since they often wander away in short order, but I think it may also be the case that the difficulty of Manipulating them is way too low, like how things appraise super easy before they attack you and flex. I wouldn't expect to be able to manipulate two things that are flexed to me, but I could. This showstopper-level bug was reported during last year's events, and during at least one event prior to that; I feel like it should have been corrected well before going live with another round of events. At least there's undead options this time around, I guess...any chance this could be fixed please?

Thanks,
-Biomancer Karthor
Re: Manipulated Event Creatures (Again) 11/04/2020 01:38 AM CST
- The manipulated creatures should now attack other creatures.
- The Appraise and Manipulate verbs should now trigger the flexing.

GM Grejuva
Re: Manipulated Event Creatures (Again) 11/04/2020 05:10 AM CST
Huzzah! Thanks a ton.

Thanks,
-Biomancer Karthor
Re: Manipulated Event Creatures (Again) 11/04/2020 07:03 AM CST
Can you double check if mobs you control (mudmen, guardians, zombies, etc) properly credit kills? I'm pretty sure the mudman I summoned in Plat were stealing my kills this time around - a first time for me!

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Manipulated Event Creatures (Again) 11/06/2020 07:59 PM CST
I think something might still be off with the difficulty, I don't seem to be gaining Empathy experience for the Manipulated creatures. Also, something went wacky in the ASSESS messaging; I've placed an underscore where there's a blank space because Forums formatting:

A nacre-plated Torbisan decapod (1: friendly and nimbly balanced) is moving behind a nacre-plated Torbisan decapod (2) at pole weapon range.
A nacre-plated Torbisan decapod (2: solidly balanced) is moving behind _ at pole weapon range.

Thanks,
-Biomancer Karthor