tarantula bug? 11/06/2019 05:31 PM CST
Hi, I just turned my tarantula from appraisal to summoning, and the skillset when I study it is stuck at Lore.

"The tarantula is current set to consume Summoning experience and when last used gave unbidden knowledge of Lore techniques."

I rubbed the tarantula and I'm not sure how to check that the experience went to the right skillset. I guessed that maybe it is exp onus, which tells me: "Your Magic pool could fill one empty skill to 15 ranks."

So maybe it's just a glitch with the messaging? Oh, also, shouldn't that be "currently" set to consume, instead of "current"?

Thanks!
Re: tarantula bug? 11/06/2019 05:55 PM CST
Current s/b currently, I'll fix that next time I log in.

The skillset issue you see is not a bug. Lore was the last skillset you used ("...and when last used gave unbidden knowledge of..."), Summoning is the skill you had it set to activate ("...is currently set to consume..."). The skillset message is there to remind you what you got last time in case you forgot and had trouble with the doubling-up rule of using the tarantula.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino
Re: tarantula bug? 11/06/2019 06:27 PM CST

lol. i'm so dumb. sorry - i shouldn't be playing, and reading, when i'm half-asleep.