Re: Crossing Monastery Hunting Update 01/03/2020 03:36 PM CST
I think you broke the gargoyle spawn with this update. Been in there about 15 min and not a one. Plenty of skunks, but no gargoyles.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors." -Raesh
Re: Crossing Monastery Hunting Update 01/03/2020 06:21 PM CST
>>I think you broke the gargoyle spawn with this update. Been in there about 15 min and not a one. Plenty of skunks, but no gargoyles.

I haven't checked, but I thought the idea was to split up the creatures? So the skunk area shouldn't have any gargoyles?

Maybe try moving to a different area to find the gargs.

- Navesi

The First Land Herald -- Zoluren's newspaper. https://elanthipedia.play.net/The_First_Land_Herald
Re: Crossing Monastery Hunting Update 01/03/2020 06:30 PM CST
>Maybe try moving to a different area to find the gargs.

Thanks. One would have assumed the change would have kept the areas at least reasonably similar to how they were before but...:shrug:.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors." -Raesh
Re: Crossing Monastery Hunting Update 01/03/2020 09:55 PM CST

I would have though that the idea was to keep death spirits from wandering in and squashing people. I always thought the skunks were just a random atmospheric as they just run away
Re: Crossing Monastery Hunting Update 01/05/2020 04:42 AM CST
Sorry if there was confusion, but I thought it was clear in the announcement: "These hunting areas are now separated to prevent the creatures of (wildly) different levels from mixing with each other." If a low level was after skunks before, it wasn't fun to constantly be running from gargoyles or spirits. Likewise, if you were after the spirits, wasting time on the others wasn't a great situation either. The goal was to give each a distinct area with their own, non-overlapping spawn.

The area is still mapped generally the same, just some directional links were replaced with trails/paths/"portals" to block creature roaming.

Zadraes
Re: Crossing Monastery Hunting Update 01/05/2020 05:54 AM CST

Any chance you could wander over wall off the crossing sewers to keep silverfish from wasting our time when we are hunting thugs? :)
Re: Crossing Monastery Hunting Update 01/14/2020 09:46 AM CST

Here I thought it was a feature before.

Nice change. Always was interesting to get a stray death spirit amongst other critters.