Re: Long term, longer term, longest term 01/12/2018 12:24 PM CST
Thank you for taking on another project like this Iocanthe!

To start, I never even knew this shop existed. I just found it on Epedia after you talked about it. ( https://elanthipedia.play.net/Dragon%27s_Horde for others who are curious)

My first thought is to change it from continuous time to cumulative time. Not everyone keeps their account open when they take a brief break from the game, for various reasons, and it doesn't seem fair to penalize them for it.

As for items, please keep it a coin shop rather than a LTB shop. I'd like to see some of the fancy type weapons and armor we have in there now but with upgraded stats, say HCS stats. Then raise the price to around 20 to 30 plats each. It wouldn't hurt those weapon sellers who make the same weapons without the fancy looks as the price is higher.

For the 10 or 15+ year area, why not bring back an old fest shop on a rotating basis? Say a horde of items from that merchant was found and put up for sale. And if those old items have old stats, please update them to todays standard.
Re: Long term, longer term, longest term 01/12/2018 12:53 PM CST
The LTB shop on Fang Cove is cumulative - and I'd love to do other things for cumulative - but we'd like to do some things for those steadfast souls who have long-term consecutive status, too. :)

Keep those ideas coming!

Iocanthe
Doing stuff
Re: Long term, longer term, longest term 01/12/2018 12:58 PM CST
I know this is more highlighting a potential "problem" than anything else, but I feel that any long-term rewards aren't going to have kind of punch they should unless they also bond on purchase. I could see T4/T5 items being appreciated, but they'll use their "reward" factor if one account that is 10+ years old can grab them up for everyone.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Long term, longer term, longest term 01/12/2018 02:06 PM CST
>The LTB shop on Fang Cove is cumulative - and I'd love to do other things for cumulative - but we'd like to do some things for those steadfast souls who have long-term consecutive status, too.

Bone honest answer?

I'll keep any suggestions I have for non-consecutive reward structures then. People who have been consecutive already have the benefit of having more points and more play time.
Re: Long term, longer term, longest term 01/12/2018 07:30 PM CST

>The LTB shop on Fang Cove is cumulative - and I'd love to do other things for cumulative - but we'd like to do some things for those steadfast souls who have long-term consecutive status, too. :

There's something about this that bothers me a little. It says that a premium player that had to take a break for whatever personal reason 8 years ago is prioritized (for this particular benefit) over one that had to take a break last year even if they both have 10 years of premium membership. Its not the end of the world, but I think cumulative time is a bit of a fairer way to reward people.

Jalika
Re: Long term, longer term, longest term 01/12/2018 08:34 PM CST
>bond on purchase

I understand the reasoning, but don't love that. Like if I was buying something expensive I have to get coins to another character because it bonds to my baby *insert guild* instead of my main.

Does the Dragon's Horde would like "X item(s) per surface" type places now? (ie pay events where you can get rare mats) If so hopefully there won't be a bunch of PAFO type things and include notes and such to be as transparent as possible.

You slap Voldag hard in the face with your hand, making a nice crisp smack!! That's going to leave a mark!
Re: Long term, longer term, longest term 01/12/2018 09:56 PM CST
I can see an argument for bonding as well as for not bonding. That piece of things is way up in the air for right now, and may vary based on what we come up with.

We've just done some nice stuff for folks with cumulative time. We're going to do some nice stuff for folks with consecutive time. I would hope that folks are able to see that someone else getting a nice thing doesn't mean that the fact that they don't have that thing yet is a punishment.

If you'd prefer to drop a note to the Events team -- dr-events@play.net -- instead of writing them here, I'll be glad to read them there.

We can build a shop with what we think you want. Having your voice heard before the build starts gives you a better chance of seeing the things you actually want.

Iocanthe
Doing stuff
Re: Long term, longer term, longest term 01/12/2018 10:52 PM CST
Here are some things that I would like, in no particular order:

- My choice of scrolls, same for runestones.
- Organizing cases, like the spellbook cases but bigger and upgraded to hold different kinds of things besides just magic components.
- Several weatherproof, one-handed instruments, ideally even some stringed or wind that bypass the armor checks.
- Rare fodder and gems.
- Very large scroll stackers (and maybe look at the mechanics of these, because they are a bit annoying).
- Super large, generally worn containers.
- Remedies that heal vitality, mana, spirit (with limits of some sort, of course).
- Potency crystals and infuser stones.
- Special spell messaging. NOT the prep, the actual spell messaging. For example, I might be able to change the look of Fireball to be more bombastic. This is something they do in GS and it's pretty neat.

I also think that this shop could be a great place to put customizing mini-shops. Think like the shop in Haven that creates custom jewelry, or the spellbook merchant. In these shops you get to choose from base materials and styles to create something unique to you. It's rare that we get to fully customize anything without an alterer and I'd LOVE to see more of that (in general, not just for this shop). Some ideas here:

- Jewelry and wedding rings -- but with much rarer materials available
- Clothing for men and women -- again with rare fodder
- Siegery figurines
- Spell preps
- Tattoos
- Instruments
- Divination tools
- Chakrel
- TM foci

Also, did I miss the announcement about the LTB shop? I honestly can't tell which items are new, or what some of them do, from elanthipedia. A summary or something would be nice!

- Navesi
Re: Long term, longer term, longest term 01/13/2018 09:54 AM CST
A widget to change/customize unlimited focus messaging because it's the worst. Or at the very least a widget to exchange limited use focus messaging with unlimited focus messaging. Limited use messaging makes me feel like a mage, unlimited use messaging makes me feel like a He-Man cartoon. Put it in the Dragon's Horde or the LTB shop or Simucoin Shop or sell it in TC or maybe all 4 with different tiers or different messaging.

Dragon's Horde:

Bond on purchase for the reason stated above by Tev (and I'm nearly 100% against bond on purchase in almost every instance). Fully upgraded/unlocked past Hollow Eve toys/gifts. Anyone who's subbed premium for 6+ years probably has them anyway but I'm sure there are people who kept paying their sub but didn't play or attend HE at times.

A widget that can be applied to weapons/armor to permanently increase a single stat by X levels (up to the template cap).

A widget that can be applied to weapons/armor to permanently increase all stats by X levels (up to the template cap).

Room (Move Command) movement messaging that gives you an entourage (messaging only) as you enter and exit rooms. A dozen or so thematic types of entourage and socioeconomic types that mimic the housing levels of low, middle, upper class. Servants, admirers, hangers-on, students, a gang, etc.

A personal guilded NPC servant. NPC travels with you with ~50th circle abilities it can/will periodically (or by command) use on your character.

Pre-fab thousand dollar multi-room houses minus the total customization options and thousand dollar price tag. Modules for adding X # of crafting society modules or something.

Personal vault extension widgets to your house so you can access your Carousel Square vault from inside your house (upon exiting the vault you're back at your house).

Fancy mounts that are summonable but also interact with the jousting system. Especially ostriches or the DR version of an ostrich for reliving 1982's classic.

@Navesi: This was originally Naohhi's link I think so I donno how accurate it reflects how the bungalow ended up: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CXjPw5xQgSeLIjnSmOZr9QGlzH2tlvY5frqlVG59t7M/edit#gid=0

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Main_Page
Re: Long term, longer term, longest term 01/13/2018 03:24 PM CST
The only way I can see a non-bond on purchase option resulting in "valuable" items being included as options is if the shop used LTBs or some other kind of sale "limiter," like if you can get an item from surface X every Y about of time (years?).

Otherwise, it just results in the items being pretty easily accessible as long as you know someone willing to buy them, and my gut feeling is that the easier it is for thousands of an item to be in the game, the less likely it is that it will be "valuable" as a long-term consecutive-subscription reward.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Long term, longer term, longest term 01/13/2018 06:58 PM CST
I'm not a GM & I doubt the coding has changed in the 10 plus yrs since I left but we asked for vaults attached to our houses even when the houses first came out.

We begged, we bothered, we put up a fuss (j/k on the fuss part)

And we were told a resounding No by the staff, if I remember right it has something to do with the mechs of the code not being able to pull them both up at the same time. As when you leave 1 it pretty much gets offloaded the system.

I'm sure I'm not explaining it right so either a GM like Ioc or another player will come in & correct/clearify me. :)
Re: Long term, longer term, longest term 01/13/2018 11:04 PM CST
Vaults in homes is a spaghetti code nightmare for me to ponder.

Your vault (and all the stuff in it) is a thing and not a thing at the same time.

So is your house.

If you're one of the folks who has ever logged in to someone else's house, you've also noticed that houses are and aren't static things.

Vaults are and aren't static things.

When Jeremael wrote houses for us, he did some amazing things, and he had some other amazing plans. He was a code-whisperer sort, who could will things into working, and the fact that so much of what he wrote is still working delights and amazes me. I feel sad and disloyal, to a point, even thinking of asking someone to re-do the whole system. But on the other hand, there's potential in the system for other stuff, so... I won't even say "soon" about it - but changes to homes are definitely on my wish list, too.

Iocanthe
Doing stuff
Re: Long term, longer term, longest term 01/17/2018 07:15 AM CST

Greetings,

Custom Feature Voucher. I think I saw one at Hollows Eve. That would be wonderful.

Thanks

Tabia
Re: Long term, longer term, longest term 03/07/2018 05:26 PM CST
This is a mere brainstorming - I'm trying to think what would be exciting after I have had enough years to collect a lot of quest items etc. I'm not sure what year cut-off I would apply to the ideas below. That said, I would love to see a surface where you can buy one item after your first X years that would allow a long-term subscriber to
A) leave a small print on the world:
* The food and wine voucher from HE auction a few years ago: design a one food and one drink item that will be sold from a tavern of choice (either one or all of the character(s) on your account subsequently can get those items 'on the house')
* Designing a statue/fountain/public artwork that will be built in a specific region (maybe a housing area?)
* Designing an additional room that will be added to a public space (your character has 'donated' enough to build a new room in the temple)

or
B) customize their homes:
* Build a house in an area of choice (given the housing shortage, lets the long term subscriber just plop down a house somewhere they would like)
* Add a 'bar' to their house where one specific drink (chosen from a list?) is always in stock (a favorite tea, wine, cocktail, etc.)
* Add one of the 'special traits' that the simucioin mansion offered (ability to teleport back home, forge in the house, one additional room, etc.)