Re: Upcoming LTB Shop Revamp for Premium Subscribers 09/26/2016 12:41 AM CDT
Hi DR-Naohhi!

Just wondering if the embiggening wands were still being planned as an LTB reward. Just asking as one could buy/earn the wands from the recent Duskruin event. It would seem our potential LTB reward would be diminished, unless it was bumped up to a 4x embiggening wand.

Thank you for the consideration.
Re: Upcoming LTB Shop Revamp for Premium Subscribers 09/26/2016 07:08 AM CDT
>>our potential LTB reward would be diminished, unless it was bumped up to a 4x embiggening wand.

The majority of LTB shop rewards are quest prizes, so this wouldn't be a step away from the norm.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Upcoming LTB Shop Revamp for Premium Subscribers 09/26/2016 01:42 PM CDT
Given that Duskruin happens only a few times a year and I have to pay money to attend, I don't really view it as diminishing my return by having the exact same option in the LTB shop. Especially given how many of the items in the LTB shop are prior quest rewards. The benefit for me is that I don't need to run the quest to get the prize, nor do I have to hope/wait for Bildon to make an appearance to make it happen. Now I can do it on my own.

The only downside I really see to the embiggening wand is that I can't test it without potentially losing a charge if my item turns out to not be compatible with the device. I wish there was a way to study/analyze the item I want to embiggen having to make the attempt and risk losing a charge. I have a number of "smaller" containers I would like to embiggen (my 3x3x3 liquor cabinet being the one I want to make larger the most), but without being able to check if it's possible - I don't want to wave my wand at them.
Re: Upcoming LTB Shop Revamp for Premium Subscribers 09/26/2016 02:08 PM CDT
>>The only downside I really see to the embiggening wand is that I can't test it without potentially losing a charge if my item turns out to not be compatible with the device. I wish there was a way to study/analyze the item I want to embiggen having to make the attempt and risk losing a charge. I have a number of "smaller" containers I would like to embiggen (my 3x3x3 liquor cabinet being the one I want to make larger the most), but without being able to check if it's possible - I don't want to wave my wand at them.

Would be funny if there was a non-functional "tester" wand that you could purchase for free and have run the resize check.

That said, I don't think they work for smaller containers, just the larger back/shoulder worn ones.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Upcoming LTB Shop Revamp for Premium Subscribers 09/26/2016 03:23 PM CDT
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I tried to get my liquor cabinet done last year...

So really, now I just need to get a shoulder-worn size container and magically convince an alterer that liquor cabinet = haversack/bag/shouldercontainer. Pretty sure I got some real low odds on that argument working though.
Re: Upcoming LTB Shop Revamp for Premium Subscribers 09/26/2016 04:23 PM CDT
Are people losing charges? I was guessing that if your compatible it told you that before you confirmed?

From HE 414, Bildon's device made a good buzz (hey this worked) and a bad buzz (this item isn't compatible). It was admitted that during development they the Bildon's device only supported carryall sized bags (shoulder/back worn). I would assume the player version should know if it's going to work and not use a charge or message appropriately. I may be wrong.

There was a list of known capacities and capacity increases posted at https://elanthipedia.play.net/Embiggening It's probably safe to say if your container isn't on this list or based on an item on this list, it is not eligible for embiggening.
Re: Upcoming LTB Shop Revamp for Premium Subscribers 09/26/2016 04:43 PM CDT
>>Are people losing charges? I was guessing that if your compatible it told you that before you confirmed?

Charges are used after you double-confirm that you want to embiggen something. Shouldn't be able to double-confirm until you pass the initial check.

Re: Upcoming LTB Shop Revamp for Premium Subscribers 09/26/2016 05:02 PM CDT
I tried to embiggen a bunch of stuff that it wouldn't work on, and never lost charges.
Re: Upcoming LTB Shop Revamp for Premium Subscribers 09/27/2016 12:33 AM CDT
LTB Shop embiggening wand (3 charges) = 1800 LTB points ~~ 18 months of Premium = $720
Duskruin embiggening wand (3 charges) = 2400 scrip ~~ 10 to 15 runs = $10 to $15 (if you were a high end character and not an empath)
Player selling 1 embiggening wand charge = 3000 plats ~~ 9000 plats for a quest wand equivalent = $54 value depending where one were to look.

Real expensive quest reward if you ask me... I understand you get more than just LTB points with the premium subscription for almost 2 years (somewhat more vault space, a house, hunting grounds, extra type ahead line, etc), but maybe the LTB point cost can be adjusted down a bit.

Thanks for reading.
Re: Upcoming LTB Shop Revamp for Premium Subscribers 09/29/2016 02:22 PM CDT
I havne't resumed my Premie sub yet but if the Player Property's unique Hearthstone option can be made available in LTB to the player home, I'd think that would bring back some unique perk to premie subscription and one of the top things I'd consider dumping whatever LTB points I've accrued in the past on (I don't lose accrued LTB when sub is off, right?)
Re: Upcoming LTB Shop Revamp for Premium Subscribers 09/29/2016 03:48 PM CDT
>>I don't lose accrued LTB when sub is off, right?

Nope! All your LTB points will be there waiting for you, should you choose to become a Premium subscriber again. :)

GameMaster Nohn Essential
AGM -- Events Team -- Provincial Events Lead: Qi'Reshalia.
Re: Upcoming LTB Shop Revamp for Premium Subscribers 09/30/2016 12:54 AM CDT
Just a note on the LTB wand.. the number of charges and the LTB price will be reviewed before being placed in the shop. The spreadsheet may say 3 charges/1800 points, but don't take that as written in stone just yet.

---
NaOH+HI
Re: Upcoming LTB Shop Revamp for Premium Subscribers 09/30/2016 06:22 AM CDT
I have no idea if this has been pitched or not, but if the table's still open to suggestions, a monthly stipend of simucoins or at least in the shop simucoins for LTBs.

"Brace yourselves, Squanto is going to bleh blah fart fart bleh.." -the player of the character formerly known as Pureblade