Re: May Madness: Inventory Slot Expansion for Premium Subscribers 05/14/2016 10:24 AM CDT
This is awesome. Especially the belt, waist and finger slots. Thank you!
Re: May Madness: Inventory Slot Expansion for Premium Subscribers 05/14/2016 05:51 PM CDT
This is exactly the kind of amazing release I have always hoped for. Combine it with the new all-hider from Ruins of Ulf'Hara and I can wear a ton of useful stuff and show exactly what I want to. It's perfect!

My favorite slot additions: belt, waist, thigh, finger

Just FYI if you ever consider adding any more, my most valued slot is the shoulder. So many bags, scabbards, baldrics, instrument cases, etc.

- Navesi
Re: May Madness: Inventory Slot Expansion for Premium Subscribers 05/14/2016 07:22 PM CDT
<<My favorite slot additions: belt, waist, thigh, finger

This.

<<Just FYI if you ever consider adding any more, my most valued slot is the shoulder.

Also, so much this.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: May Madness: Inventory Slot Expansion for Premium Subscribers 05/14/2016 07:28 PM CDT
Just to second this, I love having more slots to play with.

But I wouldn't say no to another shoulder slot. Four would balance it out perfectly.
Re: May Madness: Inventory Slot Expansion for Premium Subscribers 05/14/2016 10:42 PM CDT

Can we put a limitation to how many vitality/mana/fatigue restoring items people wear? It sounds a bit ridiculous that someone could wear multiples.
Re: May Madness: Inventory Slot Expansion for Premium Subscribers 05/14/2016 10:45 PM CDT
>>Can we put a limitation to how many vitality/mana/fatigue restoring items people wear? It sounds a bit ridiculous that someone could wear multiples.

TBH, they're slow enough (and weak enough) that they'll help speed up "stand still and recover a bit," but they're not going to make or break a bad situation in combat.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: May Madness: Inventory Slot Expansion for Premium Subscribers 05/14/2016 11:04 PM CDT
I would really much rather they were upgradeable up to a cap and only one of each type could be used, personally. I think that would be a better situation all around.

Thayet
@thayelf // http://thayette.tumblr.com

"But you must know that if corruption is powerful enough, it's not corruption at all — it's law. Unspoken, unwritten, but law." — Robert Jackson Bennett, City of Stairs
Re: May Madness: Inventory Slot Expansion for Premium Subscribers 05/15/2016 08:00 AM CDT

> TBH, they're slow enough (and weak enough) that they'll help speed up "stand still and recover a bit," but they're not going to make or break a bad situation in combat.

I think the're fantastic in keeping you out of the bad situation. You don't take physical wounds while you're vitality is near 100%. 3 medallions and 2 earcuffs go a long way to keeping you at that threshold. The exception would be characters with sub 50 or 60 stamina. That's a pulse of 5-30% vitality every minute or so. That can help you survive a lot that you otherwise couldn't.

The mana regen wristcuffs are probably less valuable due to the way regen works. You regen faster when you have less mana. When you need more mana it's providing less of a % boost than when you're flush with mana and the gains don't matter as much, if at all.

No one really needs the spirit regen. I think it would have more value if each pulse also reduced death's sting or had a chance to cast uncurse.

As an aside, I think having an ablative barrier that's occasionally refreshed would be an interesting evolution of these trinkets. They'd be worn in the same spot, be slightly stronger, but refresh more slowly. Over a two-minute interval, the regen trinkets would give you more value, but for periodic hits the barriers would be better. This let's you tailor your boost based on your needs. As a parallel, you could have "infuser" trinkets that have much larger internal CDs (maybe 30 minutes between pulses) but infuse you with a large percentage of health and mana (20-50%). I'd like to see the weaker versions available via in-game means (like enchanting for mana, alchemy for spirit, and engineering for health).

Alright, I'm rambling now. Carry on.
Re: May Madness: Inventory Slot Expansion for Premium Subscribers 05/15/2016 08:54 AM CDT
>>No one really needs the spirit regen. I think it would have more value if each pulse also reduced death's sting or had a chance to cast uncurse.

Obviously I can't speak for all Clerics, but I love my spirit regen item. We have a few spells that feed off our spirit......and dying from a spirit death is NOT a good thing.

~Gab
Re: May Madness: Inventory Slot Expansion for Premium Subscribers 05/15/2016 09:07 AM CDT

I'm all about Premium allowing more cosmetic flexibility for those users. I'm 100% cool with people who pay more getting more slots to accessorize with. But it's pretty problematic that those same people can also then add extra +life regen or +mana regen items to their inventory, because that swiftly brings you away from freemium and into P2W.

I don't think I'm making a mountain out of a mole hill - you're talking about enough +life regen slots to make a pretty significant difference here. I'm not saying this premium perk is a bad idea, I'm just saying we should recognize that there's the potential for abuse and stymie that by limiting the number of blighted items someone can wear.
Re: May Madness: Inventory Slot Expansion for Premium Subscribers 05/15/2016 09:09 AM CDT

> But it's pretty problematic that those same people can also then add extra +life regen or +mana regen items to their inventory, because that swiftly brings you away from freemium and into P2W.

I was going to compliment this. They didn't increase the wrist or neck slots between regular and premium, and I assume that was solely because of the regen accessories.
Re: May Madness: Inventory Slot Expansion for Premium Subscribers 05/15/2016 09:47 AM CDT
>>>> I'm all about Premium allowing more cosmetic flexibility for those users. I'm 100% cool with people who pay more getting more slots to accessorize with. But it's pretty problematic that those same people can also then add extra +life regen or +mana regen items to their inventory, because that swiftly brings you away from freemium and into P2W.

If ncreasing the number of inventory slots is game breaking because of regen items, I am of the opinion that it is the regen items that are the problem.

>>> They didn't increase the wrist or neck slots between regular and premium

Thy added 2 wrist slots, I believe:

2 general
1 waist
2 wrist
2 finger
2 belt
1 ears (both, not single)
1 tail
1 thigh
1 upper arm
1 shirt
1 head (non armour)
Re: May Madness: Inventory Slot Expansion for Premium Subscribers 05/15/2016 10:13 AM CDT
We left off expanding single ear due to healing earcuffs and additional neck slots due to the healing medallions.

If other regen-type items become an issue, we'll come up with a solution, but right now, it's not a major concern.

---
NaOH+HI