Servants 10/26/2013 10:38 PM CDT
HE Festival has had some undead servants for pets for a while. Interesting ideas, and probably a bit of work to get them working nice.

However it's not the servant I'd like to see in my house. I want someone that seems to be there for looking after the place while I am gone, may be cool if their are some different race choices to have, maybe even some of the different subset of races.

Or flip of that some of the different professions, so you have something like an apprentice working for you in your home.

Just some ideas, hopefully something that will eventually see the light of day.

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
Re: Servants 10/26/2013 11:26 PM CDT
I think they might avoid having race/class servants just to avoid the 'slavery' issue? Similar to how we can't skin the playable races.

I'm a badger, I be badgerin'
Re: Servants 10/27/2013 08:06 AM CDT
Disappointing if it is, game is devised in a Guild setting, apprenticeship is definitely described within the game (and yes slavery is too), but I for one just thought it would be neat, even if our homes were only one room to have a caretooker, servant type there to take after the home, even if it didn't have much atmospherics (or any at all), just to kinda have something there.

Maybe have a SimuCoin one that could also stack different wardrobes 'within' it, but it would message as if its helping you change out into another flavor for like a dance, or war, or parade ceremonies, you know whatever you feel like, maybe some would be Plate armor grab, and a Stealth armor grab.

Just some added thoughts.

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
Re: Servants 10/27/2013 11:15 AM CDT
>>Similar to how we can't skin the playable races.

While I do know that rule on their end as well, I doubt this has anything to do with slavery and more to do with not having someone just set it up.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Servants 10/27/2013 12:55 PM CDT
>not having someone just set it up.

Really?

I think the problem is what the heck people might do when they see another character wearing a cloak potentially made from their cousins and extended family members. If you're wearing a Gnome-skin cloak, one should expect a cadre of little people to take offense to this. So, where does it go from there?

I doubt it has anything to do with slavery or developer's time and more to do with not wanting to deal with the obvious headaches which would follow suit.

Salute a drowned sailor? You ought to brush up on your protocol, Kasto.
Re: Servants 10/28/2013 08:38 AM CDT
I meant that the "a Human butler" estate holder pet idea was more likely a GM just not doing it vs some deeper social context.

Gnome skin pants would be cool, but doubtful. That said, Necros can harvest from the races so who knows what can be in store!

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.