Pet Transfer? 10/30/2011 02:53 PM CDT
In light of all the awesome pets available for our homes at this fest, I was wondering if there's a way to get a pet from my character that has fest access to another character on my account. I've read in HOME HELP 8 that you can remove an item from your house and get a voucher in return to return that piece at a later time, but would that work with a pet? And could I then give that voucher to another of my characters to then place into their own home? It's a bit much to upgrade my fest access just to get another character in so they can buy the pet for their own home, and I'd rather not do that. Any advice would be very helpful - thanks!

-Broichan Leshyahen

> hum tuneless
You hum a tuneless tune.
Re: Pet Transfer? 10/30/2011 05:37 PM CDT
A request on pets... could you please make it somehow show what different things do? It takes so much coin/travel time to see if you like one or not!

On a whim...: http://www.lostonawhim.com/

The Zoluren army asks, "We're um.... really sorry about the clubhouse and all... so uh... are we cool?"
Re: Pet Transfer? 10/30/2011 06:33 PM CDT
A quick note for the clockwork pets from the fest... they look pretty neat, but they don't seem to do anything once they're in your home. Unless they require being wound up or something else like that which I haven't figured out yet.

-Broichan Leshyahen

> hum tuneless
You hum a tuneless tune.
Re: Pet Transfer? 10/30/2011 07:48 PM CDT
Thanks for the headsup! Anyone wanna give up some details on the other newer ones?

On a whim...: http://www.lostonawhim.com/

The Zoluren army asks, "We're um.... really sorry about the clubhouse and all... so uh... are we cool?"
Re: Pet Transfer? 10/31/2011 12:16 PM CDT
<<In light of all the awesome pets available for our homes at this fest, I was wondering if there's a way to get a pet from my character that has fest access to another character on my account. I've read in HOME HELP 8 that you can remove an item from your house and get a voucher in return to return that piece at a later time, but would that work with a pet? And could I then give that voucher to another of my characters to then place into their own home? It's a bit much to upgrade my fest access just to get another character in so they can buy the pet for their own home, and I'd rather not do that. Any advice would be very helpful - thanks!>>

I just did this so you certainly can. under home help 8: specifically mentions pets:

<<Have you ever bought a pet and then later decided it wasn't right for you? How about an old rusty storage trunk that just gets in the way? You can remove such items from your home by using the HOME REMOVE mechanic.>>

How to?

Go inside your home.

Type home remove xyz. It will then give you a list. you then do home remove <item#> confirm. They charge you a fee <i think based on the province, mine was 1 gold>. It gives you a voucher in your hand. Give the voucher to whomever is going to receive the old furniture. That person should then take their voucher to the housing clerk 1 west of ravens court in the new estate building, and GIVE it to the clerk. They will have to pay 5 gold to have it "delivered".

Then you can proceed to get your new item at the festival.

For my character, she traded in the male ghost for a zombie dog. He's very friendly! <G>

my ghost just sort of stood there. I really like the zombie dog!

The zombie dog paces back and forth, staring at you intently from the end of his chain and sizing you up as a snack. After a bit he lies down behind the door, possibly to spring on the next person to walk through.

A skinless zombie dog moves behind the door, his eyes glowing with a dull red color as he waits for prey.

The zombie dog paces around the corner of the room restlessly, his elongated claws making clacking sounds as he walks around on the floor.
>
>pet dog
You pet the zombie dog lightly on one side, stroking his skinless, oozing body. The dog seems to be watching intently, tolerating the attention for a bit but then quickly starting to snap and growl in an attempt to maim or kill.

Looking suddenly irritated, the zombie dog paces around the room, growling lowly and his eyes glaze over white. Circling lowly, he crouches, then pounces at empty air, snapping with his jaws as if trying to grab onto something unseen. After a bit, he calms down again.
>
The zombie dog growls lowly and pulls on the end of his chain, gnawing at it with his teeth in a desperate bid for freedom. Luckily, the chain is more than sturdy enough to hold up to the punishment.

Perfection has been achieved. At least for now I'm happy with my decorations:

A woven red spidersilk carpet adorns the speckled grey glazed-marble floor of this tiny hovel. A skull and bone fire pit, with a three-dimensional anatomy chart hanging above it, rests between a lacquered dragonclaw-foot table and a large granite slab pushed up against the polished blackwood walls. The room holds a slight scent of powdered lime. You also see a skinless zombie dog, a door, a claw-footed black sanrisi throne, a chicken-toed deobar weapon rack with a couple of things on it, a polished dark pine armor stand with a few things on it and an elegantly-carved ash closet with a heart-shaped cookie on it.
Obvious exits: none.

look chart
>
Bones of various small animals have been fitted together to represent a small humanoid skeleton and mounted on a large sheet of fine leather. The resulting display hangs flat against the wall and forms a three-dimensional anatomy chart. Each bone is carefully labeled with its formal name and a list of the attached muscles.

look on rack
On the deobar weapon rack you see a steel butcher's knife and a severely curved steel scythe with a twisted ironwood haft.
>
look on stand
On the dark pine armor stand you see some chain mail painted to resemble rotting flesh, some half plate and some blackened bone armor.

>look in closet
In the ash closet you see a Maelshyvean iconoclast's robe of purple-speckled deep blue velvet, a coarse brown robe tied with a knotted amber cord, an orc skeleton and a hooded monastic cassock cinctured with a twine of wormwood vine

>look robe in closet
The fabric is extremely soft and bears a strange, waxy luster. Each speck appears to be a stylized triple-tined claw, curled viciously as if it would dig into the wearer.
There appears to be something written on it.

>read robe in closet
A Maelshyvean iconoclast's robe reads:
"She Who Owns Our Souls shall break the gods themselves."

look dog
Looking like a skinned skeleton covered with putrid and rotting meat, the dog is little more than a walking corpse. However, malevolent eyes gleam from both eyes with a dull red hue, and sharp, protruding claws stick from each paw, made more prominent by the receded flesh. A very thick chain attached to its collar assures that the undead creature doesn't escape, though the bonds make it only slightly less dangerous to approach.
He is lying down behind the door.

Fun times!

Explore the Final Frontier - the unknown calls
Re: Pet Transfer? 10/31/2011 01:29 PM CDT
Currently, I dont know of any way to transfer a pet to another character. Maybe transfer the home to the character attending the fest?

Thanks!
Lyneya
Re: Pet Transfer? 11/01/2011 08:22 AM CDT
<<Currently, I dont know of any way to transfer a pet to another character. Maybe transfer the home to the character attending the fest?>>

You didn't read my post? I just posted where i transferred a pet using item removal from the home.

It is all explained in HOME HELP 8.

Explore the Final Frontier - the unknown calls