OMG Fest pets! Thank you Premi GMs (spoiler alert) 11/01/2009 06:31 AM CST
>poke urn
You pick up the green urn and open the lid, setting it in a hiding place.
With a start, the green phantasm pours fourth from the urn that was its prison, testing its new-found freedom by rattling the furniture for a second. Haunting laughter fills the air, and the phantasm darts about the room rapidly.

>With a start, the green phantasm pours fourth from the urn that was its prison, testing its new-found freedom by rattling the furniture for a second. Haunting laughter fills the air, and the phantasm darts about the room rapidly.

>look phan
Little more than a faint wisp of mist, the phantasm is difficult to directly look at. Occasionally it's possible to make out what could be arms or legs, but the creature mostly looks like a puff of smoke. However, if the smoke-like cloud is watched long enough, two angry green eyes become visible, staring malevolently.

>glare phan
You turn to face the green phantasm, glaring at it in defiance. You feel something cold rush at your face, leaving you very nauseated. After a long moment, you are able to shake off the wretched feeling.

Valelaer turns to face the green phantasm, glaring at it with a look of defiance. The green phantasm charges her and disappears. A moment later, Valelaer opens her eyes, which glow with an unearthly green. Valelaer turns in an awkward manner, grinning with a murderous look, but she seems to regain control of herself before doing anything rash. She exhales slightly and relaxes a bit, her eyes returning to normal.

>wave phan
You wave goodbye to the green phantasm, preparing to leave. As you approach the ebonwood door, you hear a high-pitched whining noise and the latch audibly locks. You try to open it, but it's stuck tight. After a moment, you hear a grumbling and the latch clicks again.

Valelaer waves goodbye to the green phantasm, and the ebonwood door audibly locks. Valelaer rattles the door's handle, but it's stuck fast. After a long moment, the latch softly clicks again.

>touch phan
You pass your hand through the green phantasm lightly. Your hand turns deathly cold and begins shriveling rapidly, soon little more than a skeleton covered by rotted skin. Strangely, it doesn't hurt at all. A sudden movement distracts you, and your hand suddenly reverts to normal. Mocking laughter echoes all around you.

Valelaer passes her hand through the green phantasm lightly and then stares at her hand in horror, although nothing seems to be happening. After a second, (he) shakes off the dazed look, looking a little confused. (typo bug here, but still way cool)

>hug phan
You attempt to give the green phantasm a hug, even though you can barely see it. A ghostly presence chills you to the bone, as if you were caught in a winter storm.

Valelaer appears to hug nothing at all. Suddenly, she drops her arms and shivers violently, seeming very chilled.

>knock
You knock on a black-veined grey marble manor's door.
The manor begins to shake violently, its surface growing unnaturally cold.

A sharp rapping sound comes from the door!
A malevolent green phantasm seethes in hatred and flies at the ebonwood door, which begins to shake so badly that it threatens to fall right off.

>growl phan
You begin growling softly at the green phantasm. You hear growling noises in return, and suddenly dozens of scratch marks appear all over the walls, as if some very large creature is trying to claw its way out. Just as suddenly, the markings fade again.

Valelaer begins growling softly at the green phantasm. However, there is nothing except silence otherwise, though Valelaer seems very startled by something unseen.

>cack phan
You begin cackling maniacally while staring at the green phantasm. The sound begins echoing around you, chilling the air a little.

Valelaer begins cackling maniacally for no reason while staring at the green phantasm. The sound echoes about the room, chilling the air a little.

>nod phan
You notice the green phantasm and nod slightly to it. Perhaps taking this as a sign of approval, a whirlwind starts in the center of the room, sending the smaller objects flying all over the place. As you're knocked heavily to the ground, the madness suddenly stops, and the room returns to normal. The transparent image of a small ghostly kitten sits down in front of you, looking at you very innocently before vanishing.

Valelaer takes notice of the green phantasm and nods slightly to it. Suddenly, Valelaer falls flat on her back, and a small ghostly kitten looks at her innocently before vanishing into thin air.

>flirt phan
You gesture toward the green phantasm with one hand in a flirtatious manner. The phantasm snarls angrily at you, and you hear whizzing noise followed closely by a thunkthunkthunk in the wall behind you. Buried in the wall are three silver knives, which almost instantly disappear in a puff of smoke.

Valelaer gestures toward the phantasm in a flirtatious manner. The phantasm snarls angrily at her and you hear whizzing noises followed closely by a thunkthunkthunk in the wall behind her. Buried in the wall are three silver knives, which almost instantly disappear in a puff of smoke.

>gigg phan
In an attempt to rile it up, you begin giggling at the green phantasm. However, it just begins giggling along with you in a high pitched, mocking voice, and a ghostly hound appears behind you out of thin air, nearly knocking you over before vanishing again.

Valelaer begins giggling softly at the green phantasm. Suddenly she stares at the area behind it, even though there's clearly nothing there. Valelaer stumbles a bit, blinking in surprise.

>for any verb that doesn't work....
You reconsider doing that. Although it's supposed to be relatively harmless, you don't want to overly antagonize the phantasm. It's angry enough as it is.

>poke phan
You take an urn from a hiding place and open the lid.
The green phantasm screeches in both agitation and irritation, but seems inexorably drawn to a plain-looking urn in the corner of the room. After a moment it disappears into the urn completely, seeming very angry about this but contained for now.

The green phantasm screeches in both agitation and irritation, but seems inexorably drawn to a plain-looking urn in the corner of the room. After a moment it disappears into the urn completely, seeming very angry about this but contained for now.

(random messaging):

The air grows slightly cold as the green phantasm floats by, and you hear a haunting voice whisper in your ears. "Kill them... kill them all... Kill, kill, kill." The malevolent words hang in the air, and the green phantasm fades from sight.

A malevolent green phantasm emerges from hiding.

A steady *drip, drip, drip* noise calls your attention to the black marble wall. Rivulets of fresh blood are streaming from the top of it in a steady flow, covering it in the nightmarish liquid. You blink twice, and the wall has suddenly reverted to normal.

The phantasm darts quickly around the room, taking the shape of a small wisp of smoke.

The air seems to gain a deathly chill, and all the furniture starts floating a couple inches off the floor. After a moment it suddenly reverts to normal, as if it had never been touched.

A malevolent green phantasm fades slowly and then disappears. Everything begins shaking as if in an earthquake, and a vague ghoulish face appears in the door, stretching its surface as if trying desperately to get in. After a while, everything goes silent again.
Re: OMG Fest pets! Thank you Premi GMs (spoiler alert) 11/01/2009 08:02 AM CST
Wow...that's neat!

I hope someone shows what the others do!
Re: OMG Fest pets! Thank you Premi GMs (spoiler alert) 11/01/2009 04:17 PM CST
Great verb interaction! Nicely done. I can't give up my Taisdon kitty for it though.

Jalika

Moving carefully, you slip your hand into Ragran's pockets and carefully grab a platinum.
Roundtime: 2 sec.
Re: OMG Fest pets! Thank you Premi GMs (spoiler alert) 11/01/2009 09:38 PM CST
Oh and a friend got the red vase, had a red poltergeist in it. They have different messaging than the urn's.

Also just noticed. If you repeatedly knock you'll get a RT from too much activity. Unfortunately it'll stick with you for a while LOL. Almost 30 second RT's to open and unlock doors! Its a pain, you've been warned!

On a whim...: http://www.desiredestiny.com/

The Zoluren army asks, "We're um.... really sorry about the clubhouse and all... so uh... are we cool?"
Re: OMG Fest pets! Thank you Premi GMs (spoiler alert) 11/01/2009 10:13 PM CST
>Anyone got any info on the butlers? And the kitties?

Depends on which butlers. In one case, my response would be: "Oh oh oh! I do I do I do! Me me me! Pick me!" In another case, it's "I know a bit."

;) Either way, though, there are some cool new pets at the fest among other things.

ASGM Zadraes
Premium Liaison
ALAE GM (Platinum)
Logistics Lead
Re: OMG Fest pets! Thank you Premi GMs (spoiler alert) 11/01/2009 10:20 PM CST
The butlers should interact with the door like the urns and vases... like open it up and say shoo or something LOL.

Thanks tho! These new pets are fantastic! Just wish I could see them all in action without spending a fortune :)

The Zoluren army asks, "We're um.... really sorry about the clubhouse and all... so uh... are we cool?"
Re: OMG Fest pets! Thank you Premi GMs (spoiler alert) 11/02/2009 07:01 AM CST
More pet spoilers!!

>
>
>
>
>
>
>

I decided to change from the ghostly butler for one from Photash School of Butlery...and I'm very happy with that decision because he reminds me of this silly japanese drama I watched recently.

Sadly, my character is totally enamoured with her tall and slender butler now. ;)

Some messaging I managed to catch/figure out:

(knocking from outside): You knock on a dark oak frame abode's door.
An insubstantial male's head suddenly protrudes from the abode. He blinks at you and then vanishes back within. A muffled voice calls out, "Mistress Sorenne is at the door."

(When you enter): With a grand flourish, the slender butler loudly announces, "Greetings. You may call me Atris. I am here to serve."

Arms loaded with towels, buckets, gloves and a mess of other cleaning utensils, the butler diligently makes his way around the home tending to his duties.

The slender butler clutches at his chest and falters as he glides about, reaching out a hand to the almond-shaped sandpit for support. He sighs. "Pain even in death. Hodierna see me through this night."

A tall and slender butler takes up a feathered duster and floats through the almond-shaped sandpit to the ivy-stenciled wall, taking his time to hover up into the corners to remove the slightest hints of dust and debris.

The slender butler leaps into the air! Curiously, he stops at the apex of the rise and orients himself as if he were lying stomach-down in mid-air. His wavering form slowly settles to the sandstone floor which he reaches through and produces a large cloth from. Humming quietly, the butler proceeds to clean the spots that have accumulated over time.

ok, I thought this was just SO cool

The slender butler opens an oval oak window and peeks out. A frigid winter breeze makes it way through the opening and swirls around the home, carrying with it the faint scent of lemons.

"Oh! My apologies! I forget the chill of such a breeze." The butler sighs as he closes it once again.

>flirt but
You try to flirt with the butler, but he seems oblivious to your actions.
>
In a flash, the butler floats across the floor and sweeps you off your feet! His face gets remarkably close before he stands you back up and dashes back to his duties, chuckling quietly as he goes.

(Teehee...)

>bow but
You start to bow to a tall and slender butler, but he catches you and says, "Never, madam. It is my place to serve you. Better than my last master." He sighs and returns to his duties.

>poke butler (toggle)
You call out to a tall and slender butler, asking him to take his duties elsewhere for the time being. The servant nods before turning insubstantial and fading away!
>
You call out to a tall and slender butler. After a few moments, he materializes mere inches from your face. "Yes, madam," he inquires.

>wave butl
You wave to a tall and slender butler. He nods ever so slightly in your direction.

(for verbs that don't work)
You reconsider that course of action. It's best not to disturb him while he works.

(But you can kiss him! Haha.)

You can also ask him some stuff...

butler: The butler says, "Eh? Oh! You may call me Atris. I will serve you loyally, madam. I cannot suffer the same fate twice." He gives a determined nod.

death: Atris shrugs and glances at his chest. "It was raining, and I was waiting for a lull to step out. Just a few steps out and the world flashes -- I saw my own death."

The butler shudders. "I was wearing this," he gestures at his outfit, "and I was cleaning. There was a knock at the door; my employer was sleeping. I opened it, metal flashed, and then there was the cold floor rushing up to meet me."

Atris clutches at his chest. "Most unpleasant, I assure you. I still don't know what happened after that." He returns to his duties.

food: Atris ponders. "Well, I can cook, of course. I have no taste anymore, though, so it doesn't always come out like it should."

"Just last week, I tried making muffins. You remember them! They were AWFUL! Like bricks!"

photash: Atris grimaces. "They are an odd sort. I'm not entirely sure how I made my way to them." The butler glances down at his stained chest. Atris continues, "I remember getting this, and then only a cold blackness."

Atris says, "Then you were inspecting me for hire. I never had any answers. I'd stay away from the Photash lot."
Re: OMG Fest pets! Thank you Premi GMs (spoiler alert) 11/02/2009 09:04 AM CST
After seeing all the great furniture shops, I had to go buy homes for two of my characters just so I could own some of the items at the fest.

Decisions, decisions. Butler or Urn. How will I decide in 7 days?

Nikpack

The gods are jerks. No, really.
-Armifer
Re: OMG Fest pets! Thank you Premi GMs (spoiler alert) 11/02/2009 10:24 AM CST
>PANMELI's post

You guys should talk to some of the moon mages that were seeing visions lately. Might be a bit more of their backstory to be found. S'all I'll say.

ASGM Zadraes
Premium Liaison
ALAE GM (Platinum)
Logistics Lead
Re: OMG Fest pets! Thank you Premi GMs (spoiler alert) 11/02/2009 10:36 AM CST
My Cleric has the slender butler, his name is Towar. So wondering if all those butlers have different names?

Regards,

Sortny/Braunwen
Re: OMG Fest pets! Thank you Premi GMs (spoiler alert) 11/02/2009 11:06 AM CST
I'll just leave these here.

A searing jolt of pain stabs through your chest and your vision flashes with an angry white glare. A knock sounds at the door. Setting aside the feathered duster and cleaning rags, you make your way towards the entry parlor, your footsteps echoing loudly upon the marble floor.

A searing jolt of pain stabs through your chest and your vision flashes with an angry white glare. Mechanisms click as knobs are turned and bolts are shifted to unlock the door. Your gloved hand turns the handle and opens it to see who would be making a call at such a late hour. A sap-heavy log crackles in the fireplace in another room.

A searing jolt of pain stabs through your chest and your vision flashes with an angry white glare. "The Master has retired. What business do you have with him at this hour?" you hear yourself asking.

Metal flashes in the reflected candlelight, but that's all you can process before the object plunges into your chest and agony explodes from the wound.

A searing jolt of pain stabs through your chest and your vision flashes with an angry white glare. Collapsing to the floor, gasping for your final breath, thoughts fly through your mind before the world goes black. "What have I done to deserve this? Will the Master be next? The rags are still on the table, he'll be furious. The floor is cold. I'm so very...cold. The candle is too close to the curtain...pull it back."

A searing jolt of pain stabs through your chest and your vision flashes with an angry white glare. Blinding flashes of lightning burst from the heavens in angry bolts that reach ominously towards the ground. The roar of rain spattering off of closed stalls and other structures drowns out most of the earth-shaking thunder. The wind shrieks through holes in the wooden homes as it tosses rain-soaked debris carelessly from place to place.

A searing jolt of pain stabs through your chest and your vision flashes with an angry white glare. The storm shows no sign of letting up any time soon, and in fact continues to get worse with each passing moment. Pulling your cloak tightly closed and clutching your possessions, you step out from under the awning to make your way home.

No more than three steps out, the world explodes in a white-hot flash.

A searing jolt of pain stabs through your chest and your vision flashes with an angry white glare. You stumble to the ground, gasping as you reach to the aching pain above your neck. Your fingers are covered in blood that quickly washes away in the storm that continues to rage. Turning, a perfectly rounded, polished stone sits in the street. Strands of your hair are matted to it, only adding to your confusion from the vision.

Rev. Reene

Your mind hears Aislynn thinking, "Hrrr. Just not Caelumia. She creates multi-dimensional pain that defies the laws of anatomy."
Your mind hears Azatia thinking, "she's good like that"
Re: OMG Fest pets! Thank you Premi GMs (spoiler alert) 11/02/2009 11:29 AM CST
Okay, my little mountain cottage doesn't warrant having a butler but they are just to neat to pass up! Way cool!

~Eoworfinia~
Marge, it takes two to lie. One to lie and one to listen. Homer Simpson

Get the facts first and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain
Re: OMG Fest pets! Thank you Premi GMs (spoiler alert) 11/02/2009 12:14 PM CST
too many options, too many doors, it's hell in here, hell in the belly of this mechanical beast...

do the ghosts, gheist, banshee's do similiar stuff too?

i can't decide, i like the butler, but i ilke the idea of my house shaking when someone knocks on the door with those urn/vases..

too many options! damn you..

Re: OMG Fest pets! Thank you Premi GMs (spoiler alert) 11/02/2009 02:24 PM CST
red vase love...
knock door
The entire cottage takes a very malevolent look, as if it has come alive. The walls look like clawed hands, the door appears to be a gaping maw, and even the windows look like angry eyes staring down at whoever dares to try to enter.

An angry red poltergeist fades slowly and then disappears. Macabre giggling fills the air, and you see the wall covered with hundreds of porcelain dolls, their eyes hollow and their bodies covered in cracks and scratches. After a while, everything goes silent again, the dolls fading from view.

You wave goodbye to the red poltergeist, preparing to leave. As you approach the ash door, you hear a high-pitched whining noise and the latch audibly locks. You try to open it, but it's stuck tight. After a moment, you hear a grumbling and the latch clicks again.

>poke vase
You pick up the red vase and take off the porcelain lid, setting the vase in a hiding place.
With a start, the red poltergeist pours fourth from the vase that was its prison, testing its new-found freedom by vanishing completely. The sound of repetitive knocking fills the room, and the air grows very cold.

>hug polt
You find the red poltergeist and give it a hug, your arms passing right through it. Haunting images of a battlefield littered with corpses fill your mind, accompanied by the screams of the undead. You cover yours ears to shut out the noise before it finally stops.

You pick up the red vase and take off the porcelain lid, setting the vase in a hiding place.
With a start, the red poltergeist pours fourth from the vase that was its prison, testing its new-found freedom by vanishing completely. The sound of repetitive knocking fills the room, and the air grows very cold.

Not really visible by staring at it directly, the poltergeist is easier to spot out of the edge of your eye. It looks like a slight distortion in the air, like a small, unnatural heat wave. At first it could be dismissed as a natural phenomenon, but the occasional appearance of two glowering red eyes gives away its true nature.

You wave goodbye to the red poltergeist, preparing to leave. As you approach the ash door, you hear a high-pitched whining noise and the latch audibly locks. You try to open it, but it's stuck tight. After a moment, you hear a grumbling and the latch clicks again.

Tired of its mischief, you turn to face the red poltergeist and glare at it sternly. Mocking laughter fills the air, and hundreds of bees fill the room as they swarm in from the ash door and the fire pit. The insects cover every surface and fill the room with an angry buzzing noise, prompting you to crouch and desperately swat them away. After a long, tense moment, the bees disappear, and you see the poltergeist glaring at you.

You pinpoint the location of the red poltergeist in the room, and begin flirting with it. Apparently, it takes this as an invitation and rushes towards you, the ethereal essence smacking into your chest and sending you flying across the room.
Roundtime: 5 sec.

You squint at the red poltergeist, trying to see it more clearly. Your vision clouds over and you feel yourself chilled to the bone. Horrific images flash before your eyes, too rapidly to make out any single one of them. After a while, everything stops.

You begin giggling madly at the red poltergeist. It begins laughing at you mockingly, echoing your laughter. For a split second you notice a handsome Human man in wedding garb standing behind the ash door, his right arm missing and a huge gash opened along his abdomen.

You notice the red poltergeist and nod slightly to it. Immediately, the furniture starts decaying rapidly, moss and fungus growing all over it. Water seeps in from under the door, crackling with raw electricity. Just before it reaches you, it all becomes normal, and the red poltergeist stares silently at you.

You begin growling softly at the red poltergeist. You hear growling noises in return, and suddenly dozens of scratch marks and blood spatters appear all over the walls, as if some very large creature was trying desperately to claw its way out. Just as suddenly, the markings and spatters fade again.

You begin cackling maniacally at the red poltergeist. However, it seems to be too busy scribbling macabre drawings on the walls to pay any attention to you. Each drawing fades just a moment after the poltergeist makes it.

You pass your hand through the red poltergeist lightly. Although nothing happens at first, it's soon covered in angry red welts, as if suffering from a bad case of fleshrot. Pain fills your hand as the disease spreads. A noise distracts you, and your hand suddenly reverts to normal. Mocking laughter echoes all around you.

An angry red poltergeist fades slowly and then disappears. Macabre giggling fills the air, and you see the wall covered with hundreds of porcelain dolls, their eyes hollow and their bodies covered in cracks and scratches. After a while, everything goes silent again, the dolls fading from view.
>
Re: OMG Fest pets! Thank you Premi GMs (spoiler alert) 11/04/2009 07:12 AM CST
Thanks for sharing, Reene. :)

That is truly, truly cool.

Thank you so much for the ghostie pets. They are beyond awesome! I wish my second account was 3 months old so I could get a third house for yet another ghostie pet!
Re: OMG Fest pets! Thank you Premi GMs (spoiler alert) 11/08/2009 03:12 PM CST
The Katamba-black cat is such a scaredy cat!

>hug cat
You attempt to give the Katamba-black cat a hug. However, he is much too wary for that, and avoids you by slinking to the opposite side of the oak table.

>kiss cat
You manage to get close enough to the Katamba-black cat to pick him up just long enough to give him a little kiss between the ears. However, he quickly squirms away again.

>wave cat
You wave to the Katamba-black cat as if to say goodbye. Somehow, the gesture freaks him out and he goes scuttling underneath the bed.

>pet cat
You gently pet the Katamba-black cat. He purrs a little nervously, but does lean into your hand and rub around your ankles.

>poke cat
You shush the Katamba-black cat.
The cat yawns widely, then jumps up onto a nearby piece of furniture to settle in and take a nap.

>poke cat
You poke the Katamba-black cat lightly.
With a start, the Katamba-black cat flips over, panicking for a moment as it jumps awake. Scrabbling on all fours, the Katamba-black cat scrabbles away, ducking into the shadows with a rather timid mew noise.

>glance cat
As you start toward the Katamba-black cat it suddenly looks startled and darts underneath the bed.

>knock house
You knock on a baked brick house's door.
You hear a yowl from inside the house followed by the sound of scrabbling claws.

Re: OMG Fest pets! Thank you Premi GMs (spoiler alert) 11/08/2009 03:36 PM CST
One of the other cats from the same shop... sadly no knock message.

Looking more like a fluffy dark grey ball than a real animal, the cat has a slim feline head and large slitted eyes that reflect light. With a bottle-brush tail and a solid-colored body, the cat holds a rather regal bearing, as if knowing who is really in charge of the household.
He is standing under the cot.

(atmo) Noticing a stray piece of lint drifting across the room, the dark grey cat's ears perk up and he bats at it, sending it flying. It drifts underneath the stick cot, and the dark grey cat chases after it, disappearing with only the tip of a fluffy tail showing.

>hug cat
You pick up the dark grey cat and give him a hug. He begins purring loudly and curls up into a ball in your arms, staying for a while before finally jumping down again.
>kiss cat
>
You walk over to the dark grey cat to pick him up and scritch his fur, giving him a little kiss between the ears. He purrs happily, letting you hold him for a bit before jumping down.
>wave cat
You wave to the dark grey cat as if to say goodbye. He whines softly, then makes a little nrrrp noise, rubbing around your ankles.
>
(atmo) A long-haired dark grey cat crouches slightly and attempts to jump onto the oak table. Unfortunately he doesn't quite make it, and lands in a very undignified manner. Licking himself as if nothing had happened, he makes a second attempt and then flops down on the table.
>pet cat
>
You gently pet the dark grey cat. He purrs very loudly and then rubs around your ankles, then curls up and starts biting your foot playfully.
>poke cat
>
You shush the dark grey cat.
The cat yawns widely, then jumps up onto a nearby piece of furniture to settle in and take a nap.
>poke cat
You poke the dark grey cat lightly.
The dark grey cat blinks both eyes barely open, then yawns and flops over on one side. Stretching with all four legs and exposing a fluffy belly, the cat then gets up, looking around the room curiously.
>rub cat
You go over to the dark grey cat and start rubbing his back and scritching his very fluffy fur. He flips over to expose his fluffy dark grey belly and purrs very loudly.

Anyone know other verbs for them?

SEND[Abasha] It warms my heart to see three people die for a cupcake.
Re: OMG Fest pets! Thank you Premi GMs (spoiler alert) 11/08/2009 04:16 PM CST
There's a knock message :)

Re: OMG Fest pets! Thank you Premi GMs (spoiler alert) 11/08/2009 04:22 PM CST
For the long haired grey? I banged on my door a bunch and couldn't get it to do anything.

SEND[Abasha] It warms my heart to see three people die for a cupcake.
Re: OMG Fest pets! Thank you Premi GMs (spoiler alert) 11/08/2009 04:39 PM CST
before or after you went into the home first time? go in then go back out and knock. if you haven't been in the home a while it won't do anything until you go in and it registers you're around to be active.

Re: OMG Fest pets! Thank you Premi GMs (spoiler alert) 11/08/2009 04:49 PM CST
I just wanna say again how much I love the new cats.

Whoever wrote the verbs and whatnot for these obviously owns a cat themselves.

Rev. Reene

Your mind hears Aislynn thinking, "Hrrr. Just not Caelumia. She creates multi-dimensional pain that defies the laws of anatomy."
Your mind hears Azatia thinking, "she's good like that"
Re: OMG Fest pets! Thank you Premi GMs (spoiler alert) 11/09/2009 01:45 AM CST
Oooh. That's cool messaging for cats!

:( There are not enough houses that I can get to get all the cool pets!

...Oh wait, yes there is!!!

<3 for the per character home changes.

Just wish my second account qualified for a new home. There were so many awesome, awesome home owner stuff. Makes me want to hang out in my home more.

Thank you to all the GMs (but there's an extra warm fuzzy spot in my heart for the GMs who worked on the home owner stuff...shh, don't tell the others!)

:)
Re: OMG Fest pets! Thank you Premi GMs (spoiler alert) 11/11/2009 08:29 PM CST
My butler seems to be broken if I ask him about butler I get this:
The butler says, "Eh? Oh! You may call me . I serve Master loyally. I cannot suffer the same fate twice." He gives a determined nod.

Oderint Dum Metuant
Re: OMG Fest pets! Thank you Premi GMs (spoiler alert) 11/12/2009 12:09 PM CST
Wow, the new pet messaging is great. I really love the new cat messaging, but couldn't give up my Taisdon jungle cat. Is there hope in the future we could purchase demeanor types (verbs?) to add onto our existing pets?

Maybe this could be a great animal trainer tent in the bungalow.

Jalika

Moving carefully, you slip your hand into Ragran's pockets and carefully grab a platinum.
Roundtime: 2 sec.
Re: OMG Fest pets! Thank you Premi GMs (spoiler alert) 11/18/2009 02:30 AM CST
Bought one of the hounds, here’s how he interacts with his owner, and a guest below.
He’s big and scary!

>knock chat
You knock on an ivy-covered fieldstone chateau's door.
You wild barking coming from inside the fieldstone chateau, punctuated with snarls and growls and the occasional scrabbling of clawed feet.

>nod hound
You nod to a Hibarnhvidar mountain hound.

>look hound
With a stout, muscular body and pointed ears, the mountain hound has dark grey fur that appears somewhat patchy in places. Both ears droop on either side of the head, framing a hunter's face and jaws that look ready to pounce on the nearest available prey.
He is standing on the floor.

>poke hound
You shush the mountain hound.
The hound growls softly, but obediently goes to the corner and curls up for a nap.

>poke hound
You poke the mountain hound lightly.
The mountain hound blinks both eyes open, then gets up and stretches, barking a few times.

>touch hound
You touch the mountain hound lightly on the top of the head and he starts barking loudly with a wild, savage look in his eyes. Bits of foam fly from his mouth, although he eventually calms down again.

>kiss hound
You approach the mountain hound carefully and plant a kiss on his nose. The hound makes a couple growling noises, but does put one massive paw on your shoulder in an apparent sign of affection.

>rub hound
You sneak up on the mountain hound and then vigorously rub his back, startling him. The hound barks loudly, craning his neck around to see what disturbed him.

>hug hound
You wrap your arms around the mountain hound's neck and hug him gently. He growls softly and bowls you over, knocking you to the ground and standing over you. Apparently he decides not to eat you and lets you up.

You stand back up.

Looking suddenly irritated, the mountain hound paces around the room, growling lowly and a wild look comes into his eyes. Circling lowly, he crouches, then pounces at empty air, snapping with his jaws as if trying to grab onto something unseen. After a bit, he calms down again.

>wave hound
You wave goodbye to the mountain hound. The hound hunkers down slightly, growling and staring intently but staying put.

>tackle hound(and all other failed attempts to interact with the hound)
The mountain hound raises its head and stares at you intensely, as if daring you to try it. Perhaps you should leave it alone.

(random messaging)

The mountain hound paces around the room restlessly, his long claws making soft sounds as he walks around on the floor.

Brief noises come from outside, sending the mountain hound into a fit of loud barking punctuated by low snarling and growls. The angry-sounding racket continues for quite a while until the mountain hound is certain the intruders have left, and he settles down a bit.

A Hibarnhvidar mountain hound scratches lightly at the door, making a long, drawn out whining noise.
Sitting down in front of the ironwood wall, the mountain hound starts scratching at it with his large front paws.
Thankfully, it doesn't seem quite enough to leave any permanent damage, at least not yet.

Looking suddenly irritated, the mountain hound paces around the room, growling lowly and a wild look comes into his eyes. Circling lowly, he crouches, then pounces at empty air, snapping with his jaws as if trying to grab onto something unseen. After a bit, he calms down again.

The mountain hound takes a strip of rawhide leather from a hiding place and pads over behind the mahogany door, lying down and chewing at it with a loud *nosh nosh nosh* sound. Eventually he finishes off the treat, staying where he is.

Guest interactions

>hug hound
The mountain hound snaps wildly at you as you try to approach him for a hug.

>pet hound
You pet the mountain hound lightly, stroking his short fur. However, he seems to take exception to this and snaps, nearly taking your hand off.

>rub hound
You sneak up on the mountain hound and then vigorously rub his back, startling him. The hound twists wildly and then snaps its jaws at you repeatedly, going into a barking and snarling frenzy. You fall into a sitting position, and this seems to satisfy his somewhat, although he still looks at you with hostility.

>st

You stand back up.

>poke hound
The mountain hound snarls at you, apparently not wanting to be disturbed.

>kiss hound
You approach the mountain hound carefully and plant a kiss on his nose. The hound crouches slightly and then springs at you, knocking you over and growling loudly in your face before padding off.

>st

You stand back up.

>
The mountain hound paces around the room restlessly, his long claws making soft sounds as he walks around on the floor.

>touch hound
You touch the mountain hound lightly on the top of the head and he starts barking loudly with a wild, savage look in his eyes. Bits of foam fly from his mouth, although he eventually calms down again.

>go door
You walk through the door.

>knock chat
You knock on an ivy-covered fieldstone chateau's door.
You wild barking coming from inside the fieldstone chateau, punctuated with snarls and growls and the occasional scrabbling of clawed feet.

(inside you see)

A sharp rapping sound comes from the door!
A Hibarnhvidar mountain hound begins barking loudly at the door, punctuating the barks with snarls and growls, jumping occasionally in front of it.

(and lastly)

>wave hound
You wave goodbye to the mountain hound. It snarls lowly at you, and you swear you can hear the words "GET OUT" amongst the throaty growls.

(woah..LOL)
Re: OMG Fest pets! Thank you Premi GMs (spoiler alert) 12/03/2009 06:41 PM CST
Try snarl. Your hound seems similar to my doberman. I snarled at it one time and.. well.. he just doesn't play well with others.