Flutertae 08/14/2009 04:12 AM CDT
First off, I'd like to give a big fuzzy to whomever designed the flutertae. Its absolutely perfect for me. Just the right blend of sweet and sour.

One thing I'd like to know, however, is if its possible to change the gender. I know that TAP <pet> will change gender once, but for cats, dogs, skunks, ferrets, squirrels and hedgehogs only. Is this something that could happen for my flutertae (or other pets) or just something that will never happen?

-Evran

Crackling with unspent rage since 386A.V.
Re: Flutertae 08/17/2009 05:42 PM CDT
These were the wonderful creation of GM Reexa.

I'm afraid all the Flutertaes are female, however. No way to change their gender.

ASGM Zadraes
Premium Liaison
ALAE GM (Platinum)
Logistics Lead
Re: Flutertae 10/10/2009 01:04 PM CDT
Evran,
Any way you'd post some of the messaging for the flutertae? I thought they looked interesting. I personally love my pet snake though, it's nothing I would have IRL but it fits my character well enough!
Since I didn't see any smash faced fat cats

- Terra
Re: Flutertae 10/11/2009 06:30 PM CDT
Ask and you shall receive. These are all the messages I've seen in the last 5 minutes or so. I'm sure its not complete, but it gives you the general idea.

>l flut
Fragile, glistening wings extend from the back of the flutertae, draping upon themselves in iridescent folds. A head of violet hair flows around pale green shoulders, shrouding most of the creature's body and face. Occasional glimpses of silver eyes can be seen through the purple curtain.
She is hovering near the table.

Locations:
She is standing (near/above) the {object}.
She is racing (near/above) the {object}.
She is gliding (near/above) the {object}.
She is flying (near/above) the {object}.
She is sitting (near/on) the {object}.

Ambient messaging:
>
The flutertae stretches her wings leisurely, unfolding each in turn and stretching its glistening surface before tucking it gently back against herself.
>
The flutertae hovers in the corner of the room, surveying her territory. Catching your eye for a moment, she zooms down and barely misses your head.
>
The graceful flutertae leans back languidly, ignoring you totally as she makes a quiet humming sound.
>
Silver eyes catch the sight of you, prompting a quiet hiss.
>
The flutertae launches herself from her perch, gliding lazily around the room with hair streaming behind her before settling on the floor.
>
Crooning lightly, the flutertae grooms her hair, carefully arranging it so that it continues to obscure her face.

Verbs:
> rub flut
Your fingers graze the graceful flutertae's hair lightly, causing her to snarl and spit.
> pet flut
As you move to pet the graceful flutertae, it lashes at you, hissing and spitting.
> wave flut
Using the draft created by your motion, a graceful flutertae glides gracefully across the room.
> poke flut (putting it to sleep)
You shush the graceful flutertae.
A graceful flutertae snaps viciously at your finger before flying over to a basalt-lined bed of black sand for a nap.
> poke flu (waking it up)
You poke the graceful flutertae.
A graceful flutertae shrieks and zooms towards a corner near the ceiling, glowering back down at you.
> kiss flut (my favourite)
Violet hair slaps against your lips as the graceful flutertae flits quickly out of range.
> hug flut
With a sharp hiss, the flutertae dodges your attempts to hug her.
> touch flut
You extend a finger toward the graceful flutertae slowly, causing it to dart around your head.

Messaging for verbs that don't work:
> lick flut
You reconsider that course of action. Though it now lives in a domestic setting instead of its native home, the flutertae is still somewhat wild. You never know when it may attack.

-Evran

Re: Flutertae 10/11/2009 09:49 PM CDT

Yup, kinda like having a wife without the expence, is my way of looking at the wench. ;)

Re: Flutertae 10/11/2009 09:59 PM CDT
Yeah. Wives are not my thing.

Its there in case of invasion by snuggsalotcutiekittins and their ilk. They will obviously squeal, "Ooh, a fairy!" the instant they see it and then get bitten when they try to pet it.

I <3 my flutertae.

-Evran

Re: Flutertae 10/11/2009 10:01 PM CDT
you say kitten like it's a bad thing :(

I like kittens. I sort of wish the "baby" pets grew up eventually though.

Rev. Reene

"Shard by shard she rearranges the world.
It looks the same, she says, but it is not.
It looks as they expect, but it is not."
Re: Flutertae 10/11/2009 10:05 PM CDT
<<you say kitten like it's a bad thing :(

Actual kittens are adorable and more than welcome in my books.

-Evran

Re: Flutertae 10/12/2009 11:19 AM CDT
Neat, thanks!

It's kind of funny that my snake is friendlier than your flutertae

- Terra