No trade-in? 06/01/2006 07:16 PM CDT
I've posted on this before, but its been awhile. It still bothers me...

[Frother's Beasts]
Strong scents of wet fur and animal musk fill the large wagon. The floor is thickly covered with straw and boxes are stacked up along the walls. A covered walkway opens the back of the wagon to a large canvas tent.
You also see a clerk.
Obvious exits: south, out.

>order
# Price Item

1. 10000 a small rock
2. 250000 a pure-white Tetomba'ia
3. 149000 a pure-white Jeol ferret
4. 120000 a black and tan hedgehog
5. 120000 a Snarviidhis ferret
To order, type ORDER <number>.

>order 2
"A pure-white Tetomba'ia, eh?" says a clerk. "I'll sell that to you for 250000 Kronars. I can't give you any trade-in, however. You currently have a pure-white Jeol ferret. Be aware that you can have only one pet at a time. If you still want to buy, tell me again that you want the Tetomba'ia, or tell me you wish to cancel if you don't."
(Type ORDER CANCEL to cancel, or ORDER 2 to confirm.)

Why no trade-in on pets as there is on furniture? He's got the same ferret for sale right there for 14.9 plat, so I think I should get something for trading it in. Its not like they get old and mangy or anything.

http://www.clawandfang.com
Re: No trade-in? 07/11/2006 06:33 PM CDT
>Why no trade-in on pets as there is on furniture? He's got the same ferret for sale right there for 14.9 plat, so I think I should get something for trading it in. Its not like they get old and mangy or anything.

No one ever buys used pets. Put your ferret in a sack with rocks and throw him in a lake like all the other abandoned pets in the world.

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.
-Yogi Berra