Tetomba'ia 05/16/2002 09:15 AM CDT
*With an excited squeal the Tetomb'ia rolls quickly around the room, its small form a blur as it bumps into nearly everything before it comes to a halt, shaking softly and small gasps for air coming from within the bundle of fur. *

the word Tetomba'ia is mispelled in that action. I did typo it as well.

On a positve note, I dunno if anyone has been working on these cute little critters but my little guy is feeling much better. He\she\it(?) is all active and bouncy without me having to muss up his fur to get him going <grin>

Ithlia
Re: Tetomba'ia 05/16/2002 09:28 AM CDT
I know it's been asked, but I can't remember, and haven't had enough coffee to go huting it...but where are these lil darlings sold? My husband is dying for one for our house.

Alinya
Re: Tetomba'ia 05/16/2002 09:53 AM CDT
they're in the wagon in the Sea Caves
Re: Tetomba'ia 05/16/2002 11:56 AM CDT
been sitting in my house in Lang for almost 50 minutes..my cute lil Teta has not once moved and he/she is awake...so someone should really look into them or something..I know a few people that have hyper Teta's..mine is less then lathargic.. :-( ..

i'll bug it too..

Motarra
Re: Tetomba'ia 05/16/2002 04:15 PM CDT
No need to bug it again :) And thanks for the typo, will fix that.

As far as why they are going into hibernation at times... I am at a loss to explain right now. But, finals just ended and my free time is returning, so I should have the problem found and fixed soon. Thanks for the patience guys and gals.

Sulrin
Tetomba'ia 10/21/2002 11:26 AM CDT
Would anyone happen to have a description for this critter, as well as a list of actions? I'm thinking about getting one, but I'd prefer to know what the heck it is in the first place.
Re: Tetomba'ia 10/21/2002 11:49 AM CDT
You can look at it in the Wagon where they sell it. In some of the rooms there you have to look in crate, cage, or pen, but they are in the room to be looked at.
Re: Tetomba'ia 10/21/2002 12:14 PM CDT
I'm aware of that, but the tetomba'ia is buggy in the seacaves. When you try to look at it, it defaults to the old spider look that was there. ::grins:: I bugged it, but in the meanwhile I'd like to know what it is before it disappears on me.
Re: Tetomba'ia 10/21/2002 12:22 PM CDT
The tetomba'ia has been there for a while. (Now watch, it will be replaced)

I have had one before. It's a white ball of fluff. It skitters about and sleeps a lot. I don't have the description handy, but if I remember right its akin to a fluffy white kind of ferret - like critter.

>prem 10
You've been a premium account holder for 14 days, which translates to less than 1 month.

hmm I can let you know what it looks like when I'm able to reclaim my house from my housesitter :)

`Ysselt`
Re: Tetomba'ia 10/21/2002 12:27 PM CDT

it's a tribble from star trek! :giggle:
Re: Tetomba'ia 10/21/2002 05:40 PM CDT
<<it's a tribble from star trek! :giggle:>>

That's certainly what it reminds me of. Basic ball of fluff with eyes (I don't think tribbles had eyes, though, did they?). Bounces up onto your bed, rolls around the floor chasing a piece of fur that escaped from it's bundle, and so on. Cute strange little thing...

>l tet
The Tetomba'ia is a small bundle of fur. Not much can been seen except for two wide eyes that blink constantly as they take in its surroundings.

I like mine :)
Re: Tetomba'ia 10/21/2002 08:58 PM CDT
My tet was too cowardly, so I fed it to the gelapod and got a cat....until I can get a cute dog again.

Sorenne
Re: Tetomba'ia 10/23/2002 04:34 PM CDT
Thanks for all the responses, everyone! I picked one up yesterday while they were still at the seacaves, went back today and they were all gone. Good thing I didn't wait. It's a cute little critter. ::grins::
Re: Tetomba'ia 10/23/2002 06:22 PM CDT
>and they were all gone.<

it figures. i mention that they've been there a long while and then they poof.

mumble
My Tetomba'ia is in a coma 12/31/2003 11:39 PM CST
Hey there. Got a Tetomba'ia tonight and the poor thing seems to be in a coma. Been in my house for a couple hours now and the thing hasn't budged or made any kind of movement at all. I double checked and made sure it's not "shushed" or anything. When I touch it, I get the "You gently pet the pure-white Tetomba'ia which emits a happy purring sound from somewhere within the thick fur." message, but it doesn't do any actions on its own. How do I get this fixed? I'm normally in the game as Mynsara. Thanks!

An optimist believes that we live in the best of all possible worlds. A pessimist fears that this is true.
Re: My Tetomba'ia is in a coma 01/01/2004 10:18 AM CST
The lil critter seems to have snapped out of it! Not sure what happened, but it's busily rolling about the house now. :)

An optimist believes that we live in the best of all possible worlds. A pessimist fears that this is true.
Re: My Tetomba'ia is in a coma 01/02/2004 01:25 PM CST
The tets seem to slip into a comma every now and then. I have had one since they first came out. I've assisted a couple times, after which the tet is lively for a bit, then will go back to being comatose. The only work around I have found is to interact with it several times... I rub it several times fast. That seems to kick start its script. Then I wait for it to move on its own, at which point I do a home save. It will then be good for a few weeks before slipping into another coma.

I'm sure that will give some GMs the giggles but its the only thing I've tried that seems to work. Hope that helps.

Ithlia,
Highwood House,
Street of the Four Moons,
Shard.
Re: My Tetomba'ia is in a coma 01/02/2004 01:28 PM CST
Maybe someone could give me some pointers on how to send Bari's hyperactive hedgehog into a coma too? Maybe I could persuade him to trade it in on a tribble. ::ponder::

Gizella
Re: My Tetomba'ia is in a coma 01/02/2004 01:49 PM CST
::grunt::

That's it, now i'm going to buy a snake or a spider. Very fitting for the tree house!

(I've been through at least three different pets now, jeesh!!!)

-Barimor

P.S. - Does a rock do anything at all?

S! S is for swords! Sharp swords! Sharp swords to stab in skulls! HAHAHAHA! WE LOVE S! S IS FOR ALL THE GOOD STUFF! YAY S!
Re: My Tetomba'ia is in a coma 01/02/2004 01:50 PM CST
<<P.S. - Does a rock do anything at all?

Beats scissors.

Peperic Timarson, a Ranger, all around nice guy and occasional board bully.
Re: My Tetomba'ia is in a coma 01/02/2004 01:55 PM CST
LOL!! Thanks Pep. :P

-Bari

S! S is for swords! Sharp swords! Sharp swords to stab in skulls! HAHAHAHA! WE LOVE S! S IS FOR ALL THE GOOD STUFF! YAY S!
Re: My Tetomba'ia is in a coma 01/02/2004 04:08 PM CST
The pet rocks are really cute, actually.
Kind of paraphrasing, the messages are similar to:

Your pet rocks glistens in the sunlight, nobly inert.

You see a movement out of the corner of your eye, but when you look it is only your pet rock.

Stuff like that. The interaction verbs are also hilarious to do and to observers.

My RL son had one in his house in DR and we loved it.

P.O. Brynnhilde

__
There's no place like home...
Homeowners' FAQ
http://www.arcanewolf.com/homes/index.html

Need a ride? Learn about horses!
http://www.mytwokronars.com/brynnhilde.html
Re: My Tetomba'ia is in a coma 01/02/2004 05:47 PM CST
Thanks for the reply Brynnhilde! I think i'll be picking up one for my house. :)

-Barimor

Speaking of Tetomba'ia's...A bug? 01/03/2004 08:03 AM CST
<<The Tetomba'ia rolls to where you can just see under the bed, its bright eyes shining as it looks warily around the room. Then, as if deciding its safe, it rolls back out into the open and purrs softly as it settles down for a nap.>>

Problem is... I have a sofa, no bed. Bug?

Lucerella
Re: Speaking of Tetomba'ia's...A bug? 01/03/2004 08:08 AM CST
<<I have a sofa, no bed. Bug?

Perhaps it's a bed bug?

Rock beats scissors.

Re: Speaking of Tetomba'ia's...A bug? 01/03/2004 08:24 AM CST
<<Perhaps it's a bed bug?>>

Just HAD to go there didn't you?
Re: Speaking of Tetomba'ia's...A bug? 01/03/2004 09:28 AM CST
<<Just HAD to go there didn't you?

I tried to resist, but in the end, I couldn't.

rock beats scissors, paper beats rock, well then why have you never seen a pet paper?

Re: Speaking of Tetomba'ia's...A bug? 01/03/2004 01:53 PM CST

because the pets are paper-trained?
---
A scavenger troll arrives, scouring the area.

The scavenger troll exclaims, "I dinks I like da' Moongate!"

The scavenger troll bends over and picks up the Moongate. After appraising it, the troll places the Moongate in its frayed knapsack
Re: Speaking of Tetomba'ia's...A bug? 01/05/2004 10:39 AM CST
>because the pets are paper-trained?

::groans::

Trantris says, "Save the oratory for the enemy, Poetus. It just might be our only hope."
Tetomba'ia 04/09/2007 01:41 PM CDT
I would like very much to purchase a Tetomba'ia. Where are they at?
Re: Tetomba'ia 04/09/2007 04:27 PM CDT
Probably in the sea caves wagon (umm, Frother's?), right there where you first come in. That stuff rotates, however I am not sure if that's done manually or via script (like it does in Emmiline's cottage).

J'Lo, I'm a ranger.. I'd believe anything.....
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: Tetomba'ia 04/09/2007 09:10 PM CDT
Thank you.
Re: Tetomba'ia 04/09/2007 09:27 PM CDT
I think it's manual rotation.

~Dulcinia

SEND[Solomon] Change your forums signature please?

[Jenealle] "The wedding was very emotional. Even the cake was in tiers."
Re: Tetomba'ia 04/13/2007 03:55 PM CDT
Yup, manual. Though I'm dreaming of a day when it'll be automatic. ::G::

FGM Zadraes
Premium Liaison
ALAE GM (Platinum)