Looking for Upper Urban Freestanding housing. 12/23/2009 02:22 PM CST
I recently reactivated my account after a fairly lengthy break only to find that my beautifully designed manor on the 4th tier of Ratha had been repossessed.

I'm now in the market for a new house to fit my ego, but I haven't the foggiest where to go; hence, this post looking for some suggestions.

While I'd kill to have my old plot back, I find myself spending almost all of my time mainland these days, so I would be looking for something in the greater Zoluren or Ilithi markets.

I am a cleric, but I keep my rituals to the daylight hours only so the screams won't disturb any neighbors, and I don't take house-calls, so no corpses will be dragged through the street on my account.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be most grateful.
Re: Looking for Upper Urban Freestanding housing. 12/23/2009 05:10 PM CST
Do you want a freestanding home, or is an apartment okay?

I like the Cleric cloisters a lot myself.

Rev. Reene

Fenyr says to you, "You. Have. Issues."
Re: Looking for Upper Urban Freestanding housing. 12/23/2009 05:26 PM CST
I'd prefer a freestanding home, though I am open to suggestions.

Having spent several years with a large manor in an exclusive looking neighborhood, with a direct view of gardens and fountains, not to mention the ocean, has certainly raised the bar.

On the other hand, he's still bitter about losing his manor and leaving the islands, so maybe winding up in a nook in some commune might be a fun cap on this all. Hmm.

I haven't looked through the Crossings area much, except to see that it's all pretty well crowded already. I know there is no expectation of a solo-plot for a house, but a less populated housing area would be nice, even if it is a good distance away.
Re: Looking for Upper Urban Freestanding housing. 12/23/2009 06:39 PM CST
Did you try through the archway near the north gate archway in Crossing? That is all upper class urban. My empath, Braunwen, lives in Chelsea Overlook which has upper class rural freestanding homes.

Regards,

Sortny/Braunwen
Re: Looking for Upper Urban Freestanding housing. 12/23/2009 07:58 PM CST
Very nice suggestion. I really do like the arboretum in the center of the housing.

I was also just tipped off that changes to the system removed the abandoned look of, well, abandoned houses. I'm heading back to the islands to do another once-over of the area. Not seeing "abandoned" caused me to think they were all claimed when I initially ran through. If that doesn't pan out, I think I'll be homesteading it out in Fayl'Shar Court in Crossings.
Re: Looking for Upper Urban Freestanding housing. 12/23/2009 08:00 PM CST
<< was also just tipped off that changes to the system removed the abandoned look of, well, abandoned houses. I'm heading back to the islands to do another once-over of the area. Not seeing "abandoned" caused me to think they were all claimed when I initially ran through. If that doesn't pan out, I think I'll be homesteading it out in Fayl'Shar Court in Crossings.

HOME CLAIM on its own is your friend.

-Evran

* Prophet Hotoke Fuku-Nyorai snuck out of the shadow he was hiding in.
Re: Looking for Upper Urban Freestanding housing. 12/23/2009 10:25 PM CST
Come the new year, I'll be posting a bunch of housing data that will likely help in your search.

-- GM Tiesse

"Governments and corporations need people like you and me. We are samurai. The keyboard cowboys." -- The Plague