Not sure if i am in the right place, but here goes... 07/14/2005 10:31 AM CDT
I was looking for a "homes" spot and this is where I ended up. I am not a "boards" person. :)

I woke up my character in her house. She stood up, unlocked her door, and I get this....

You climb off the bed.
>

* Please check for new or updated items in NEWS! *

>unlock door
You unlock the door.
>open door
You open the door.
...All this activity is beginning to make you tired.
Roundtime: 22 seconds.

Soooo...I wait for the rt to end...and I try again....

>fat
>
You are completely rested.
>unlock door
The door is open. Why bother?
>open door
The door is already open.
>go door
You walk through the door.
[Ratha, Tierskel Way]
You also see a pine-trimmed home and a stone block cottage.
Obvious paths: north, southeast.
...All this activity is beginning to make you tired.
Roundtime: 24 seconds.

The GH that helped me thinks it is a thing within the homes only. I have never seen this before and I have popped her up plenty of times and just gone charging out the door with no problem.

Any ideas?
Re: Not sure if i am in the right place, but here goes... 07/14/2005 11:16 AM CDT
Most likely the last time you were in the house you had entered it exited it a number of times <gone in and out the door>.

Happened to me when i've picked boxes inside the door and the trash stuff won't go into the brazier or stove. <i.e. bolts from blown xbow traps, rotten mutton haunches and etc that you find in boxes sometimes>.

would be nice if we could have trash buckets in the house.

"Word on the street is, ya been lookin' out for the best interests of the Guild."
Re: Not sure if i am in the right place, but here goes... 07/15/2005 01:00 PM CDT
I've had this happen to me before when I was at a friend's house and tried to unlock the door and go out. I was not the guest of the home and so it gave me the roundtime. I know it doesn't happen all the time, but I always thought it was a way to prevent theft, or doing anything else like that with items in the house. I'd go ask over in the Estate holder forums just in case some of the other preemies don't catch this post here. This sounds like it was your house, or you were at least the guest of the home, so you shouldn't have gotten the 24sec RT, unless it's there for some other reason. I seem to remember hearing that if you do things like swap and save, and a lot of other things are going on with homes at the same moment, the server queues your action (so that the game doesn't lag) and gives you some annoying 90+sec RT.

~Brady, player of I'm a Lover Not a Fighter Elavin Rismel.

>get my amar
You get a burnt orange amaryllis.
>wear my amar
But you don't have any hair! Where are you going to put it? Don't answer that!
Re: Not sure if i am in the right place, but here goes... 07/15/2005 01:23 PM CDT
>I'd go ask over in the Estate holder forums just in case some of the other preemies don't catch this post here.

Its because houses are so system intensive. The roundtime is to give the whole thing time to recover. Its random and annoying, to say the least, especially in an invasion. <g>
Re: Not sure if i am in the right place, but here goes... 07/15/2005 01:33 PM CDT
Yeah, that is what I was told too, Dio.

~Brady, player of I'm a Lover Not a Fighter Elavin Rismel.

>get my amar
You get a burnt orange amaryllis.
>wear my amar
But you don't have any hair! Where are you going to put it? Don't answer that!
Re: Not sure if i am in the right place, but here goes... 07/18/2005 02:10 PM CDT
I own the house and hadn't done anything unusual. We had been rp'ing the nite before in the house....doing some teaching....then we both logged from the house....done it a zillion times and never had it happen before.....very odd.....thanks for your suggestions :)