A Notice for Residents of Coral Cresent 02/02/2010 05:10 PM CST
Thanks to a donation from the Shard Reconstruction Fund, the Estate Holder Council will commence a beautification project for the neighborhood of Coral Crescent!

Q: What's this all about?
A: The project is threefold. First, the street itself will be getting a facelift (read: the rooms are being rewritten) to reflect a more modern visage appropriate for the city. Second, the houses themselves will be upgraded from lowerclass to upperclass. Third, we will be adding more home facades to the street so that there is more upperclass urban housing in Shard.

Q: What does this mean for the people who live there?
A: The only significant difference for residents aside from the change of scenery will be the upgrade in the home facade. Residents who wish to remain in lowerclass housing might consider moving elsewhere, though no one will be forced to at all. Should the current residents wish to remain, they'll just need to know that they might need to go to a different shop if they wish to alter the facade's exterior look. All current residents will be given a complimentary facade adjustment to start, but if they wish to change it down the line by purchasing something from a merchant, they are welcome to do so at their own expense. As an example, we would be changing "a dirty old shack" into "a stately marble manor" based on what the resident would like (within reason). We will attempt to get in touch with all residents for the new facade upgrade procedures, but should we be unable to do so, we will pick new something at random.

Q: Why are you doing this?
A: The main reason is because Ilithi needs more upperclass urban housing. It makes sense ICly for the city to want to revive a neighborhood that is currently crumbling. OOCly, the P3 area guru expressed an interest in having some rooms rewritten in Shard, so we decided together that Coral Crescent was a good candidate for such a project.

Q: Will you be revamping any of Shard's other city streets?
A: No, not at this time. Perhaps in the future, but we have our sights set only on Coral Crescent for now.

You're welcome to post comments and questions about this project, and I'll attempt to answer as I'm able.

Thanks!

-- GM Tiesse

"Governments and corporations need people like you and me. We are samurai. The keyboard cowboys." -- The Plague
Re: A Notice for Residents of Coral Cresent 02/02/2010 06:04 PM CST
>Thanks to a donation from the Shard Reconstruction Fund,

Thank you SO much for mentioning this. I was starting to think that entire effort went unnoticed after sole credit for the south bridge was given to an inactive Thief and no other projects have been mentioned since.

>Q: Will you be revamping any of Shard's other city streets?
>A: No, not at this time. Perhaps in the future, but we have our sights set only on Coral Crescent for now.

Not even the directly adjoining area of Diamond street that is equally unfit for sentient life?

~ Kougen

Moon Mages: Ripping reality a new one since 586 BL
Re: A Notice for Residents of Coral Cresent 02/02/2010 06:29 PM CST
>Not even the directly adjoining area of Diamond street that is equally unfit for sentient life?

Diamond Street isn't technically a neighborhood, so it's beyond the scope of my work on building/improving housing areas.

-- GM Tiesse

"Governments and corporations need people like you and me. We are samurai. The keyboard cowboys." -- The Plague
Re: A Notice for Residents of Coral Cresent 02/02/2010 08:22 PM CST
>Diamond Street isn't technically a neighborhood, so it's beyond the scope of my work on building/improving housing areas.

I hope CC is a gated community with a neighborhood watch, then. ;)

~ Kougen

Re: A Notice for Residents of Coral Cresent 02/02/2010 08:25 PM CST
>>Diamond Street isn't technically a neighborhood,

Also, I meant Crystal Lane, not Diamond Street.

Freaking gemstone maze of a naming structure.

~ Kougen

Re: A Notice for Residents of Coral Cresent 02/02/2010 08:26 PM CST
Shard is all about the bling, baby.

Rev. Reene

(Ventuul demonstrates a sneak attack to the face.)
Re: A Notice for Residents of Coral Cresent 02/03/2010 04:51 PM CST
>Also, I meant Crystal Lane, not Diamond Street.

Hmm. I see your point. I will discuss with GM Bartlebee.

Thanks for pointing that out!

-- GM Tiesse

Re: A Notice for Residents of Coral Cresent 02/04/2010 04:34 PM CST
Looks like there are other plans for Crystal Lane, so I'm just going to be sticking to Coral Crescent. Sorry, guys!

-- GM Tiesse

Re: A Notice for Residents of Coral Cresent 02/08/2010 04:48 PM CST
One of my characters has a House there,sooooo its gonna be a Mansion right??