General Housing in P5? 10/21/2009 05:03 AM CDT
I have checked every housing area I can find in all of P5, and not counting Raven's Point, I have found a grand total of 5 houses that are available to anyone, all of which are located in the Boar Clan's Grassy Vale, and all of which are taken. Every other house I found was either Gor'Tog, Dwarf, Ranger or Cleric only.

Does anyone know of any general access housing areas in P5 outside of Raven's Point and the 5 aforementioned houses in Boar Clan? Raven's Point is the wrong side of that annoying ice-walk through the Himineldar Shel for me, otherwise I'd consider it. Its mechanically more a part of Ilithi than Forfedhar.

Barring a housing area I've missed, could the GMs look into adding a handful more general access houses in the Boar Clan housing area? It seems to be the only area that is at least partially open to anyone. I know creating an entirely new housing area is kind of a long term request, but I think a few extra homes in a pre-existing one would be easier to make happen.

One of my characters would really love to live somewhere west of the Himineldar Shel, but assuming I didn't miss a housing area he literally cannot do so the way it stands right now. It seems like this is an oversight rather than something done by design, since I can't imagine that an entire province would be designed to only allow two races and two guilds access to 95+% of the housing.

Thanks.

-Evran

Crackling with unspent rage since 386A.V.
Re: General Housing in P5? 10/21/2009 10:42 AM CDT
There are several other Guild specific housing areas in Hibarnhvidar, both Inner and Outer. There is a lack of generic housing.
Re: General Housing in P5? 10/21/2009 10:45 AM CDT
Did you try the new area on Ain Ghazal around the Chateau?

Regards,

Sortny/Braunwen
Re: General Housing in P5? 10/21/2009 04:14 PM CDT
<<There are several other Guild specific housing areas in Hibarnhvidar, both Inner and Outer.

I checked my guild hall (bard) for housing apartments but couldn't find any. If you know of a bard area somewhere else in P5, please let me know.

<<Did you try the new area on Ain Ghazal around the Chateau?

I didn't bother to check there since it would be worse than Raven's Point because of the ferry/barge.

If I can't find a house I can actually use west of the Himineldar and the GMs aren't able to add extra houses, then I think I'll just settle for Raven's Point in the meantime. That location is a real pain right now, however, since half the time I swim northwest through the ford east of Hibarnvidar I get a bunch of Rakash zombies advancing me while I'm in the round-time, can't retreat, and then die.

Thanks for the responses so far.

-Evran

Re: General Housing in P5? 10/21/2009 04:34 PM CDT
As of now, the only general housing available in P5 is in Raven's Point (both in the town square area and in the Raven's Nest) and Boar Clan.

I wasn't planning on adding any more P5 housing at the moment, but I'm willing to take suggestions if people are interested.

-- GM Tiesse

"Governments and corporations need people like you and me. We are samurai. The keyboard cowboys." -- The Plague
Re: General Housing in P5? 10/21/2009 04:51 PM CDT
<<I wasn't planning on adding any more P5 housing at the moment, but I'm willing to take suggestions if people are interested.

Ideally for my character, I'd like something up near Hag's Crag. A shanty on the side of the cliff or something like that. Apartments of some kind in the Bard guildhall would be wonderful as well.

Realistically, anything west of the mountains would be nice. As an Elf Bard, there's only one freestanding home and 4 apartments open for me in Raven's Point as far as I can tell. Nothing anywhere else in P5 that's both available and claimable.

-Evran

Re: General Housing in P5? 10/21/2009 08:41 PM CDT
I thought of a few more areas, and more specifics of one's I've mentioned, that would be a nice place for housing:

-Old Salt Road. This stretch of road west of Hibarnvidar is quite lonely. Perhaps a small cottage community could spring up here.
-Hag's Crag. The occasional hut or shack clinging to the edge of the cliff would fit in nicely along the climbable stretch from dryads to the top of Hag's Crag.
-Outer Hibarnvidar. Create a foreigners quarter, much like the Dwarves live in Inner Hibarnvidar and Gor'togs are relegated to the Tog quarter in the 'slums.'
-Mama's Bed and Breakfast. A small cottage community down a footpath would be kind of neat here.
-a handful of apartments in each Hibarnvidar guildhall that is currently missing them.

-Evran

Re: General Housing in P5? 10/22/2009 01:05 AM CDT
I would also love seeing more P5 houses.. The area in boar clan would be great if there were a few more houses.
Re: General Housing in P5? 10/22/2009 08:52 AM CDT
I can echo this - having just renewed my premium sub 2 months ago im coming up on being able to buy a home, but the choices for p5 are fairly sparse (and thats where my char lives)

There is a few homes in boar clan, granted, but id like to see a little more upper-class homes, personally. There feels like there is a distinct lack of upper class homes overall - but p5 is barren of any types. Add me to the list of people who advocate this idea!
Re: General Housing in P5? 10/22/2009 09:14 AM CDT
Any possibility that there might be some tree houses put in in Boar clan. There are some wonderful huge trees there. Some might even be the door variety in the big tree you can climb in by the tanner. (as in you see a door leading into a trunk) in some of the rooms

"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."-William Shakespeare
Re: General Housing in P5? 10/22/2009 12:52 PM CDT
I kind of already said this.. I'd be happy with basically any home in P5..
BUT tree houses would be all kinds of amazing. I'd love to see some more of those just about everwhere to be honest.
Re: General Housing in P5? 10/25/2009 10:58 PM CDT

I'll echo Evran's locations and also suggest some yurts or hovels on the Trabe Plateau.

Re: General Housing in P5? 10/26/2009 10:18 AM CDT
Or put a few apartments (like two or three) in the Inn in Hibarnhvidar right near the east gate.

Regards,

Sortny/Braunwen
Re: General Housing in P5? 10/27/2009 12:37 AM CDT
I also would love a general housing area for anybody in this area. In or around the Boar Clan or near the Terminal just before black goblins or along the Pilgrimage Trail, perhaps next the Clothing/Container Shop. It don't have to be fancy, just a place to hang my hat.
Re: General Housing in P5? 10/27/2009 11:32 AM CDT
A place where pilgrims can stay near the monastery or in the monastery that is open to all would be very nice.

"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."-William Shakespeare
Re: General Housing in P5? 10/27/2009 02:47 PM CDT
>>A place where pilgrims can stay near the monastery or in the monastery that is open to all would be very nice.

I don't see the monastery having permanent homes for anyone but the clerics, but how about that little settlement on the Pilgrimage Trail where the feltery shop is? Rural lower/middle-class homes would make a lot of sense around there.

~Thilan