Getting into your house 04/07/2009 10:19 AM CDT
So, purchased a nice little place in Inner Hibarnhvidar, only to discover, that I can't find out how to get in the door.... any help on this one?

*sheepish grin*
Re: Getting into your house 04/07/2009 10:39 AM CDT
did you try "OPEN <house>"?

"When I grow up, I want to be a soulless monster trapped in a suit of enchanted armor and compelled into violent service for a commercial institution through torturous psychic conditioning." -- Armifer
Re: Getting into your house 04/07/2009 11:36 AM CDT
Gonna need a little more info there to help. Is it a stand alone door? What kind of description is your house? Usually it's unlock cottage or second cottage or third cottage (for me since I have a cottage in Raven's Point in a room with 3 others and the order changes everytime the game crashes), then open. Does that help any?

~Eoworfinia~
I passed through the seven levels of the Candy Cane forest, through the sea of swirly twirly gum drops, and then I walked through the Lincoln Tunnel.
Re: Getting into your house 04/07/2009 11:48 AM CDT
Are you trying to unlock the right house?

What message are you getting?

__
Join us in sharing information!
http://community.livejournal.com/drbookoftales/
View my RPnerderiffic IC journal here!
http://ysselt-dr.livejournal.com/

It will cost you 248 TDPs to raise your Charisma from 99 to 100
Re: Getting into your house 04/07/2009 01:28 PM CDT
If it's a home in an inn where the home is designated by door then try open first door, open second door etc. If the game crashes, a door that was second in a four home room becomes the third door. You can use look first door, look second door, etc. to determine which door is yours. If you customize the door, I think you can refer to it as open pine door etc.
Re: Getting into your house 04/07/2009 01:29 PM CDT
Plus you need to unlock the door, cottage, manor or whatever it is before you open the door, cottage, manor, whatever.
Re: Getting into your house 04/07/2009 03:32 PM CDT
I'll have to try tonight when I get home.

Its a stand-alone door, in the Hib. housing area. I did unlock and it was unlocked, but couldn't get in with whatever I was trying to do to go into the door.

Thanks for all the replies, and I'll let everyone know if I need to build a battering ram tonight or not! :)

~Kraggur
Re: Getting into your house 04/07/2009 06:24 PM CDT
UNLOCK (name of house type)
OPEN (name of house type)
GO (house type)

There's no special messaging for going in, so if it's saying "hey, that's not yours!" and LOOK (name of house type) doesn't reveal that it's someone else's house you may have a bugged home. Long ago people would buy homes and then never go into them to complete the process, so you had tons of abandoned-looking homes that were already owned by someone.

Obviously that predates Forfedhdar by a whole lot of time, but that doesn't mean the same sort of thing doesn't happen still.

DISCLAIMER: THIS POSTER IS NOT A MEMBER OF STAFF AND HIS INFORMATION IS/MIGHT BE WRONG.
Re: Getting into your house 04/08/2009 10:00 AM CDT
Got it figured out. Looked like it was a bug and/or some odd syntax issues that got fixed.

Thanks everyone!