Housing System can be GREAT! 01/05/2014 04:50 PM CST
Some ideas to revitilize the Housing System possibly the game.

Preimum at 39.99 for what it gives is not good bang for the $. Compare to the Gaming Industry standards of today its not even close.

Sooo... here goes:

- Drop premium price from 39.99 to duno 25, 20?
- Infuse the Housing system with life by making it available to ALL subscriptions basic and premium.
- Basic only can has basic house, farm, treehouse etc.
- Mannors, Vilas etc. with better higher end upgrades/options Premium only.
- Expend options for housing system to add "tiers" to your home. Tier 1 will allow for these custom options (insert list), tier 2 will allow for these custom options (insert list), Tier 3 will allow for these custom options (instert list), Tier 4... etc. you get the point.
- High end options for MAJOR customizations such as a Forge!!! Yes I want a forge shed attached to my Mannor. Or an Alchemists Workshop. Basic Forge with basic items will cost ... A LOT of plats. You want Tier 5 Anvil who doesent. Well that will cost you X plat plus SO many volumes of Rare Metal (damite, tyrium, kertig, or whatever). You want a nice Cauldron for your Alchemist shop? Sure will cost X amount of plat plus X volumes of Orachicium... etc.
- I want to host my own Parties! High end Customization a Grand Ballroom! Basic Ballroom will cost X plat and when I say X I mean a LOT 10k 15k whatever. Everyone has to have goals! You want to Pimp your balroom up with a Bar? sure that option cost an additonal X, how about having Dragonwood carved mantle and or Fireplace? Sure you need to produce X amount of rare mats for that customization plus X amount of Plats.

This can really to a long way towards:
- Infusing life into the game/housing system.
- Plat sink at higher levels.
- Rare mat sink at higher levels.
- Goals for long term players who dont want to sit in combat and grind it away endlessly.
Re: Housing System can be GREAT! 01/05/2014 06:30 PM CST
You have to remember DR's structure is...pretty taxed. A lot of that stuff is intended to be auction-level rewards, or memory intensive enough that they might not want it in daily use by 300+
Re: Housing System can be GREAT! 01/05/2014 08:39 PM CST
Based on the stuff I've broken over the years, I get the distinct feeling it's a fairly fragile and hugely complex system.

That and GM Zadraes screams in terror every time he shows up in my house.

I wouldn't hold my breath for what amounts to a fairly cosmetic system.

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: Housing System can be GREAT! 01/05/2014 10:10 PM CST
Also not sure how "make the game lose a ton of money by reducing everyone's monthly fee" is a way to make housing better.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Housing System can be GREAT! 01/06/2014 04:36 PM CST
Open up housing for everyone

Premium gets

- multi-room housing
- party hosting with npcs
- lots of other amazing things

keep price the same

-or-

Leave it as is, drop pricing.

also:

Platinum - everyone gets a pony.
Re: Housing System can be GREAT! 01/06/2014 05:13 PM CST
>> TIGARCLAW: Some ideas to revitilize the Housing System possibly the game.

I wasn't aware that the housing system needs revitalization. It seems to work just fine to me aside from the fact that you need to have a premium account -or- spend simucoins to get it. Not that I personally have a problem with that since I can afford two premium accounts, although I imagine the fact that you can't (or couldn't?) extend a simucoin home without letting it lapse first was annoying for anyone using that system.

>> TIGARCLAW: Preimum at 39.99 for what it gives is not good bang for the $. Compare to the Gaming Industry standards of today its not even close.

This has been discussed many times before. Simutronics claims that DR is a niche market and can't compete with the prices of the large MMO's that are out there. They claim that the comparison is, as a result, unfair. I think that this is mostly true, but you are entitled to your own opinion.

>> ASHBOMB: keep price the same
>> -or-
>> Leave it as is, drop pricing.

Maybe try the simucoin housing system? That sounds like it is the cheaper option you are looking for.
Re: Housing System can be GREAT! 01/06/2014 05:30 PM CST
I pay for premium for access to fang cove and other premie-only areas. I would play with a multi-room house if I had one.

single room and limited ability to put things on things lowers my desire to have a house.