what do you think? 03/29/2010 12:11 AM CDT
[Nerezza's Home]
A polished riverstone floor spreads across this room into surrounding walls of glass diamond tile. A gorgeous riverstone fireplace, with an ironwork-framed mirror twisted in curlicues hanging above it, stands guard over the elegant ivory velvet settee and graceful oval lacewood tea table that rest upon a cream-colored sheepskin rug covering the floor. A lingering scent of lilac fills the air. You also see an ironwork velvet-covered chair that is facing the table, an ironwork velvet-covered chair that is facing the table, an ivory hope chest and a tall and slender butler.
Obvious exits: none

would love some helpful suggestions anyone has any, mostly just debating if I'm going to keep the butler or get a fluffy kitten instead. but feel free to comment on how everything looks overall and if you would make any changes what would they be.
Re: what do you think? 07/26/2010 04:21 AM CDT
Here's my degenerate necromancer's home.

[Feyli's Home]
An ebony and silver silk rug adorns the gold-flecked black marble floor of this tiny hovel. A darkened oak mantel fireplace, with a large rosewood-framed mirror with fine scrollwork hanging above it, rests between a sturdy oak table and an ebonwood canopy bed pushed up against the gold-flecked black marble walls. The room holds a mild scent of cured vellum. You also see a door, a teak weapon rack with elaborate carved scrollwork with some stuff on it, an overstuffed earthen brown armchair that is facing the fireplace, a carved bone armor stand, a driftwood sea chest etched with nautical symbols and a sturdy black hunting dog.

>loo on table
On the oak table you see a stack of scholar's handbooks and a polished bronze belt knife with a wire-wrapped hilt.

>loo chest
Built to survive the harsh elements at sea, the container is durable and watertight. Sailing vessels from galleons loaded with goods to sleek cutters prepared for battle are carved along the sides of the chest. A detailed compass rose has been engraved upon the lid.

>look in chest
In the sea chest you see some crossbow bolts, a heavy crossbow and a sturdy leather case edged with a pattern of complex geometric lines.

>tap fireplace
You tap a darkened oak mantel fireplace.
>loo fireplace
Upon its fine surface lie delicate lace doilies crafted to form intricate floral patterns.

(The doilies are the secret to ultimate arcane power)

>tap rack
You tap a teak weapon rack with elaborate carved scrollwork.
>loo on rack
On the teak weapon rack you see a polished gladiator's sword with a worn wooden handle and a razor-edged dueling iltesh.

>tap bed
You tap an ebonwood canopy bed.
>loo bed
Carved upon this fine bed are images of dancing fae and frolicking pixies. Pale tulle drapes over the head of the bed to fall gracefully on each side to be gathered by golden bands of spidersilk.

>hug dog
You bend down and wrap your arms around the black hunting dog, gathering her up in a tight hug.
>look dog
The black hunting dog has a short, dense, weather-resistant coat, an otter tail, a clean-cut head with broad back skull, powerful jaws, and kind friendly eyes. She is a strongly built dog, possessing a sound athletic body which is well-suited for hunting.
She is standing.

I'm knife-wielding degenerate. Sweet.

"The Necromancers are outcasts and not the funny "shade and water" kind."
Re: what do you think? 07/26/2010 05:37 AM CDT
I like.

this is my necrolair <plat> I don't have a pet. yet. Still looking for a proper Igor. <when risen come out>

[Totendanz's Home]
A woven red spidersilk carpet adorns the speckled grey glazed-marble floor of this tiny hovel. A tiny soot-covered brazier, with a three-dimensional anatomy chart hanging above it, rests between a large granite slab and a lacquered dragonclaw-foot table pushed up against the polished blackwood walls. The room holds a slight scent of powdered lime. You also see a door, a claw-footed black sanrisi throne, a chicken-toed deobar weapon rack with some stuff on it, a polished dark pine armor stand with some stuff on it and an elegantly-carved ash closet with a heart-shaped cookie on it.
Obvious exits: none

>look chart
Bones of various small animals have been fitted together to represent a small humanoid skeleton and mounted on a large sheet of fine leather. The resulting display hangs flat against the wall and forms a three-dimensional anatomy chart. Each bone is carefully labeled with its formal name and a list of the attached muscles.

>look on table
On the dragonclaw-foot table you see a lumpy Lyras doll and a stack of scholar's handbooks.

>look on rack
On the deobar weapon rack you see a steel butcher's knife and a severely curved steel scythe with a twisted ironwood haft.

>look on stand
On the dark pine armor stand you see a sun-embossed steel breastplate, a bone breastplate and some half plate.

>look in closet
In the ash closet you see a coarse brown robe tied with a knotted amber cord, an orc skeleton, a threadbare phlegm-colored cassock hung with mouse mummies and a hooded monastic cassock cinctured with a twine of wormwood vine.

>look on slab
On the granite slab you see a scuffed dragon statuette.

Necromancy provides the only source of reliable and potent life extension on Elanthia.

Re: what do you think? 07/26/2010 05:56 AM CDT
The only thing I thought made no sense for a Necro-home...

>a sturdy black hunting dog

Unless of course the dog is just an emergency ration for parts if things get scarce outside...:P

Kythryn
Re: what do you think? 07/26/2010 06:37 AM CDT
Nice homes!! Feyli's midnight snack aka sturdy black hunting dog amuses me.

However, I'm disturbed by the conflicting imagery:

... the gold*-*flecked black marble floor of this tiny hovel...

...speckled grey glazed*-*marble floor of this tiny hovel...

grand marble flooring and hovel just don't mix for me. LOL. :)

Cheers,
Pam
Re: what do you think? 07/26/2010 08:06 AM CDT
The dog is there for a simple reason. My necromancer likes dogs. Provides that little bit of wrongness about the place, that the owner loves dogs but will gleefully cut people open.

(Plus, 150 pound hunting dog. Good for disposing of parts.)

As for the hovel bit yeah, it is a little weird. Unfortunately that's the messaging of the doors in the area. It's underground thou, so meh.

I'm knife-wielding degenerate. Sweet.

"The Necromancers are outcasts and not the funny "shade and water" kind."
Re: what do you think? 07/26/2010 08:46 AM CDT

<<grand marble flooring and hovel just don't mix for me>>

there is IC reasoning for it. she comes from a line of rather well-to-do family from muspar'i <her grandmother was highpriestess of the dragon-temple there, and her father was a trader>- but since her choice of profession - has been outcast from home, and had to move far away into the wilderness. She still has a taste for quality items though.

So whats on the outside doesn't necessarily reflect whats on the inside.
In more ways than one :-)

Necromancy provides the only source of reliable and potent life extension on Elanthia.