Elanthian Cribs 08/18/2009 09:16 PM CDT
I know we do these posts every once in a while. I just recently got my home furniture alteration voucher redeemed, so I thought I'd share my home.

Located in scenic Ilithi, in the exclusive Lady Atladene's Salon.

Deep blue silk-draped walls and a polished riverstone floor covered by a pearlescent black silken carpet enclose this room. In one corner lies a pencil-post cherry canopy bed, and near the bed sits a heavy mahogany desk with a delicate inkwell embellished with spiraled hues of cobalt and silver glass and a swan-feather quill on it. A black marble fireplace with a gilded mantle burns along the far wall with a mahogany shield bearing two crossed Elven iltesh hanging above it. The room holds a lingering scent of cinnamon. You also see a stained glass window depicting a gondola ride, a wooden door, a lithe alabaster Elf statue, a large carved aganylosh'a prayer cabinet, a rich black cashmere armchair that is facing the desk and a long-haired grey kitten.

Cabinet:
A polished haon statue of the goddess Peri'el graces the imposing structure, her face positioned to gaze on anyone kneeling upon the attached bench. The wood has been expertly worked to capture the fluidity of a body mid-song. Behind the sculpture is a relief of the World Dragon sprawled in restless slumber. Behind the altar, a long cabinet provides storage for supplies both religious and secular. The low bench features storm-grey velvet upholstery to provide comfort during even the longest of vigils.

So, let's see your home!

__
Join us in sharing information!
http://community.livejournal.com/drbookoftales/
View my RPnerderiffic IC journal here!
http://ysselt-dr.livejournal.com/

It will cost you 248 TDPs to raise your Charisma from 99 to 100
Re: Elanthian Cribs 08/18/2009 11:13 PM CDT
I love that prayer cabinet, the whole home has a really serene feel to it.

Here's Allye's knoll, which she rents from her Halfling landlady Maysie:

Pale green striped paper walls and a polished maple floor covered by a deep-fringed white wool carpet enclose this room. In one corner lies a muslin-draped white ash bed, and near the bed sits a graceful oval lacewood tea table with a glazed red clay teapot painted with ripe strawberries and some white cotton placemats embroidered with roses and vines on it. A square cast iron stove burns along the far wall with a whimsical ink drawing of a merry-looking Halfling woman hanging above it. The room holds a lingering scent of brewing tea. You also see a bright ivory Halfling statue, a polished burlwood cupboard with a bentwood cheese box on it, a glossy black silk-cushioned chair that is facing the table, a copper and patina weapon rack with some stuff on it and a pure-white Tetomba'ia.
>look in cupboard
In the burlwood cupboard you see some rose-patterned porcelain plates, a pastry chef's marble rolling pin, a set of multi-shaped chef's salt and pepper shakers and a baker's cookbook covered in red and white checked fabric.

If I manage to catch Geana, I'm hoping to get the stove altered.
Re: Elanthian Cribs 08/19/2009 09:12 AM CDT
Thanks!

I really like your theme. It's very happy and homey feeling.

I can't wait to see what you decide to do with your stove.

__

Re: Elanthian Cribs 08/21/2009 12:10 AM CDT
Ok here is mine:

[Marsais's Home]
Screens of soft white ricepaper and a smooth driftwood floor covered by a deep-woven lambswool carpet enclose this small room. In one corner lies a massive oak canopy bed, and near the bed sits a burlwood pedestal table with a dragon-shaped terracotta pot with detailed scales and a deep crimson sharktooth blossom on it. A gorgeous riverstone fireplace burns along the far wall with a vibrant oil painting of a large ship sailing on sunset-stained waves hanging above it. The room holds a mild scent of rowan flowers. You also see a thick port hole window, a salt-stained ship's cabin door, a driftwood sea chest etched with nautical symbols with a stack of magic handbooks on it, a bowl-shaped padded rattan chair that is facing the fireplace, a bowl-shaped padded rattan chair and a fuzzy marsh wollem with aubergine tips in its hair.

>exam table
Two pedestals, one at either end of the table, support the polished oval top. One pedestal is carved in the shape of a fleeing nymph, while the other is carved in the form of a curly-horned ram intent on its pursuit.
Re: Elanthian Cribs 08/21/2009 08:13 AM CDT
You need a ship wheel or bell or something.

:P

Good theme, and fitting for you.

__

Re: Elanthian Cribs 08/21/2009 09:21 AM CDT
Okay, here is mine. I'm going for a mountain cabin theme.

[Eoworfinia's Home]
A mild scent of pipe tobacco fills this small room. Its pelt-covered polished pine floor supports a broad pine sleigh bed outfitted with an oversized woolen quilt and a stout granite table, and the area is enclosed by walls of glazed tile wainscotting. A rough carved stone fireplace burns near the far wall with a two-colored dartboard hanging above it. You also see a bright ivory Halfling statue with some stuff on it, a dark-stained oak wardrobe with a black wool scarf with one end flipped casually over the shoulder on it, an island pine weapon rack with inlaid tortoiseshell panels with some stuff on it, a short-legged wooden chair that is facing the table and a pure-white Tetomba'ia.
Obvious exits: none

~Eoworfinia~
Marge, it takes two to lie. One to lie and one to listen. Homer Simpson

Get the facts first and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain
Re: Elanthian Cribs 08/21/2009 02:44 PM CDT
[Rajara's Home]
A golden framed silk canopy bed and a mistwood roll-top desk with some stuff on it rest upon the polished riverstone floor of this room. A gorgeous riverstone fireplace, with a mistwood-framed painting featuring a pair of children at play hanging above it, burns from its resting place at the edge of the black silken carpet covering the floor. Garden mosaic walls enclose the area, holding in its mild smell of glaysker flower. You also see a glassy carved obsidian door, a lined leather trunk and a bright-eyed ferret.

>examine desk
Delicately sculpted glaysker blossoms meander along the sides and top of the frame. The desk's wide surface is blanketed with various stacks of notes, contracts and price tags, all scribed in an elegant hand. Upon closer examination, a small drawer is hidden in the wooden paneling along the front, the lustrous mistwood surrounding its diminutive handle carved with an intricate Traders' Guild crest. The rolling top has been cleverly crafted to conveniently hide the desk's clutter when necessary.

I think I'm going to change out the bed and I need to find some chairs... Wish I could put my candy jar on the desk but it keeps telling me to empty it out first. Whats the point of a candy jar without candy in it?! :(

On a whim...: http://www.desiredestiny.com/

The Zoluren army asks, "We're um.... really sorry about the clubhouse and all... so uh... are we cool?"
Re: Elanthian Cribs 08/21/2009 04:26 PM CDT
I forgot to put the look of my custom made bed in!

>examine bed
Clearly designed for races of smaller stature, the sturdy furniture is crafted with squat, stubby legs so as to be very low to the ground. Sheets of the softest cotton dress the plump mattress, and the fluffy down pillows sport coverings of the same ecru shade. Comprised of multihued patches sewn together haphazardly, the voluminous quilt smothers the bed in artistic renderings of pipes, rams, and tankards in celebration of Glythide.

~Eoworfinia~
Marge, it takes two to lie. One to lie and one to listen. Homer Simpson

Get the facts first and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain
Re: Elanthian Cribs 08/24/2009 03:33 AM CDT
First, comments!

HULDAHS-PAL: Love the canopy bed and prayer cabinet! :) Great custom design for the cabinet.

Seems a solemn, classic environment. Serious and a little bit of a dark atmosphere.

MENDIRA: Oooh, I love knolls! That's a great set-up. Can tell your character enjoys cooking! The teapot and placemats add a charming touch to the whole room. (Was tempted to go that route again, since both my characters (owner and her house guest) are good cooks.)

MARSAIS: Interesting nautical theme. I like the overall design and it looks like you succeeded in bringing the whole thing together. :) Love the terracotta pot! Where's that from??

MSLKA: Whoa. Rustic theme. Um..that tap of the scarf looks odd though. Love the table. :) Such a rough, outdoorsy feel.

ELLUSIONZ: Ooh, I like the walls. Have you considered making the room a more garden-y theme? If you're changing the bed, perhaps consider a chaise or a sofa? If it weren't for the desk, I'd suggest a pile of cushions for chairs! :D

And now, my recently renovated abode in Shard.

This is probably my third or fourth time starting fresh! Thank god for the furniture voucher since I'm broke!

[Sorenne's Home]
A deep forest green rug embroidered thickly with geometrically stylized pine branches adorns the shimmering sandstone floor of this small room. A darkened oak mantel fireplace rests between an ebonwood canopy bed and an almond-shaped sandpit filled with iridescent sand pushed up against the leaf green ivy-stenciled walls. The room holds a faint scent of lemons. You also see an oval oak window, a star-shaped ebonwood door, a handcrafted cedar case with a sealed glass terrarium on it and a pile of leaf green silk cushions.

The reason for the lemon scent:

You peer out the window, and see:
[Shard, Street of the Four Moons]
Bird feeders hang from the branches of a creamy-blossomed lemon tree, attracting a flock of brightly-colored songbirds. During the day, their cheerful songs fill the quiet side street with music. Scattered feathers upon the ground indicate the presence of neighborhood cats who regard the tiny creatures as dinner. You also see a dark oak frame abode with delicate mounds of white faerie rose bushes growing beneath the windows.
Obvious paths: southeast, northwest.

I gave up my table slot for the sandpit because:
1. the sandpit won't let you put anything under it, unlike the standard bed slot storage space
2. people who stay overnight in my home wake up on the sandpit and if they aren't Murs, they itch for a LOOOONG TIME.

Sadly, the sandpit is unforgiving and now I lost the standard storage space for tables since it won't let me put anything on it.

Worth it for me though. :D
Re: Elanthian Cribs 08/24/2009 04:31 PM CDT
>MARSAIS: Interesting nautical theme. I like the overall design and it looks like you succeeded in bringing the whole thing together. :) Love the terracotta pot! Where's that from??

The pot is actually from a storyline involving Aodin Wourthington and his wife Isila who were trying to find out the truth behind his sisters death, Atheina Wourthington. She was involved rumored to be involved with the Guild Leader Darius who were investigating the Gemstone Murders when she mysteriously was murdered. Aodin is blind and sculpts pottery. He needed money for their extended stay in Theren so I bought two pieces off of him. The pot was one and I gave a horse sculpture to a friend who had been following event too. Sadly the event never came to a conclusion. I should of grabbed the look on it.

http://marsais.livejournal.com/
Re: Elanthian Cribs 09/15/2009 12:49 AM CDT
Finally got my home set up how I want it.

[Caelumia's Home]
Walls of smooth plaster and a polished oak floor covered by a deep blue braided throw rug enclose this room. In one corner lies a comfortable polished chintz sofa, and near the sofa sits a heavy mahogany desk with a twist of ivory parchment and a broad goshawk feather quill with a thin platinum tip on it. A square cast iron stove burns along the far wall with a black iron teapot inlaid with silver stars and moons hanging above it. The room holds a lingering scent of lavender. You also see a grumpy Shadow Servant, a door, an aromatic cedar chest with a smoky quartz vase on it, a fretwork sandalwood armchair that is facing the desk, a copper and patina weapon rack with an ebony-hilted dagger set with a large teardrop ruby on it and a long-haired grey kitten.

Dagger was Sahfra's, about the only extraordinary thing in there.

Now I just need to name the kitten...

Rev. Reene

With a flick of your wrist you stealthily unsheathe some slim pants into your right hand.
Re: Elanthian Cribs 09/15/2009 07:23 AM CDT
>>A square cast iron stove burns along the far wall with a black iron teapot inlaid with silver stars and moons hanging above it.

Clever!
Re: Elanthian Cribs 10/10/2009 08:45 AM CDT

[Wyndz's Home]
Walls of silver-veined black marble and a black marble floor covered by a thick rug of iridescent black silk dyed with a crosshatching of silver enclose this room. In one corner lies a massive black oak canopy bed, and near the bed sits an elegant black lacquered desk with some crumpled manuscripts and a plump copper-trimmed fishbowl on it. An elaborately carved marble fireplace burns along the far wall with a highly polished silvery shield engraved with a prancing war horse hanging above it. The room holds a mild scent of wild orchids. You also see a stained glass firebird window, a gold-inlaid ironwood door, a rich black cashmere armchair that is facing the fireplace, a rich black cashmere armchair that is facing the fireplace, a buffed black oak weapon rack with some stuff on it, an elegantly-carved ash closet with a stack of magic books on it and a sturdy black hunting dog.

>look rug
The black dye used on this rug was treated with a special polishing agent, giving it an irregular shine that adds to the pattern of silver crosshatching lines.

>look bed
Upon the headboard of this huge bed has been painted the image of a fearsome dragon. Its teeth gleam with real ivory, and jade has been embedded into the wood to represent its eyes. Black and gold wings are spread wide with a flame of orange and red whipping its way toward where the headboard meets the thick feathered mattress.

>look fireplace
Carved to resemble a fierce dragon, this huge fireplace dominates the area with its sharpened marble claws and intricate scale design. Dark green marble stone eyes stare down from below a wide winged mantel. The fire pit is just behind the huge open jaws of the dragon whose sharp teeth gleam slightly with embedded red garnets.

>look fishb
Clear water fills a plump copper-trimmed fishbowl, in which swims a golden-finned scarlet lionfish. At the bottom of the tank, dense stands of broad-leafed banana plants provide a frame for a miniature coral reef.

>look shield
The magnificent animal stands frozen in mid-stride with one hoof curled beneath its body. Atop its massive back, an armored rider brandishes a scarlet standard.

>look window
Tiny chips of colored glass are arranged to form the image of a majestic firebird, its red-gold wings upraised as it launches itself into the air. Its tail swirls behind it, seven glorious plumes of flame which seem almost to curl around as you watch.

>look armch
Simple and dark, this fine armchair has matching pillows and embroidered ravens along its arms and back.

>look on rack
On the oak weapon rack you see a notched steel greatsword and a gleaming greatsword.

>look in closet
In the ash closet you see a pitchfork, a gnarled black willow staff carved to resemble a fierce dragon head and a massive double-bladed broadaxe.

>look books
Dusty tomes lie stacked atop one another. Long strips of ribbon serve as place holders in two of them.
Re: Elanthian Cribs 10/10/2009 11:22 AM CDT
[Sortny's Home]
A white-veined pink marble floor spreads across this room into surrounding walls of white-veined pink marble. An elaborately carved marble fireplace, with a carved wooden-framed mirror pressed with gold leaf hanging above it, stands guard over the red curtained ironwood bed and sturdy oak table that rest upon a woven red spidersilk carpet covering the floor. A mild scent of pipe tobacco fills the air. You also see a fan-shaped stained glass window, an onyx-inlaid oak door, a stout goldstone Dwarf statue, a gold-gilded cradle trimmed in white with a rectangular seaglass aquarium on it, a rich black cashmere armchair, a rich black cashmere armchair, a rich black cashmere armchair, a rich black cashmere armchair and a sturdy black hunting dog.

>l fireplace
Carved to resemble a fierce dragon, this huge fireplace dominates the area with its sharpened marble claws and intricate scale design. Dark green marble stone eyes stare down from below a wide winged mantel. The fire pit is just behind the huge open jaws of the dragon whose sharp teeth gleam slightly with embedded red garnets.

>l bed
Gold and silver dragons are embroidered upon the vivid red curtains of this huge luxurious bed. Bands of molded gold threaded through an ironwood bar hold up the curtains, with each band molded into the shape of a dragon chasing its tail.

>l statue
Iridescent grey moonstone cabochons used for the man's eyes match the intense glitter of the gemstone comprising the sculpture. Beads of carnelian and drusy quartz blend with the Dwarf's braided beard, stretching nearly to his feet and obscuring any frontal view of his stoic attire. He points forward with his left arm, and his right hand is stationed on his hip to complement his tensed pose.

>l cradle (won this in a design contest)
Tiny golden alfar are gilded on the headboard and footboard of this adorable cradle. Each rail is trimmed in white with gold gilding down the center. The feather tick mattress has been filled to the brim allowing an occupant to slumber in comfort beneath the vigilance of the alfar.

>l armchair
Simple and dark, this fine armchair has matching pillows and embroidered ravens along its arms and back.

>l dog
The black hunting dog has a short, dense, weather-resistant coat, an otter tail, a clean-cut head with broad back skull, powerful jaws, and kind friendly eyes. She is a strongly built dog, possessing a sound athletic body which is well-suited for hunting.
She is sitting.

I haven't replaced the table yet. Waiting for something that will really strike my fancy.

Wyndz, we have similar tastes in furniture.

Regards,

Sortny/Braunwen
Re: Elanthian Cribs 10/10/2009 09:43 PM CDT
[Jalika's Home]
A mild scent of cat fills this small room. Its rug-covered white-swirled black marble floor supports a huge ironwood bed and a rich black cashmere sofa, and the area is enclosed by walls of black-veined white marble. A black marble fireplace with a gilded mantle burns near the far wall with a shadowy oil painting of a Kaldar paladin and an Elven ranger in a dark forest hanging above it. You also see a double-paned window, a glassy carved obsidian door, a claw-footed black sanrisi throne, a lined leather trunk with a glass display of a set of obsidian lockpicks on it and a copper-eyed Taisidon jungle cat.
> l fire

The black marble bricks have a rough appearance to give it a more rustic look. The mantlepiece, however, is smooth and polished, its fine gilt edging and rich black surface betraying the fireplace's more refined nature.
> l painting

Her body thrown over the corpse of a nightmarish animal with cloven hooves and wide leathern wings, the willowy ranger appears to be weeping inconsolably, her bow laid down nearby. The armor-clad paladin holds his fist to his face in an expression of anger and regret, a bloodied sword and cracked soulstone discarded on the ground in front of him. Between the trees of the woods, numerous red eyes have been painted. Many of them seem eager and hungry, though it is unclear exactly what they belong to.
There appears to be something written on it.
> read painting

A shadowy oil painting reads:
"Evil is not always what it seems to be."
> l window

Trapped between the clear glass panes is the desiccated corpse of a black widow spider.

> l trunk

The trunk is made of sturdy oak with iron hinges and studs and lined with softened brown leather.

> l cat

Copper eyes glint like flames in the triangular face of the Taisidon jungle cat. Slightly built, her body has a delicate appearance in repose, an impression swiftly dispelled when she begins to move, revealing the supple muscles of a hunting cat. Her glossy black coat, plush and thick, with no trace of white, makes her copper eyes appear even brighter.
She is sitting.

Man, some of these looks are quite popular. Marble is very chic in Elanthia it seems. I love the idea of the natural rangers pad being a decked out crib. Suits my city like hobbies I think.

Jalika

Moving carefully, you slip your hand into Ragran's pockets and carefully grab a platinum.
Roundtime: 2 sec.
Re: Elanthian Cribs 10/14/2009 10:31 AM CDT
Located in the House of Steel Dove dormitories:

[Belea's Home]
A deep red satin sleeping mat and a low lacquered lotus blossom table with an intricate ivory sculpture of a trio of dolphins leaping upward on it rest upon the blue-banded tan sisal floormat of this small room. A small firepit sits near the far wall. Dove-grey tile walls enclose the area, holding in its lingering smell of lavender. You also see a glassy carved obsidian door, a willowy marble Elothean statue with a silver-banded steel shield etched with the crest of the Paladin Guild on it, a handcrafted cedar case, a pile of red damask cushions and a blue-streaked white parakeet.
A blue-streaked white parakeet takes off, swooping and diving around the room, narrowly missing your head as it sings its merry tune.
>l stat
Pairing brilliantly with the blue-grey hue of the stone, the woman's sparkling sapphire eyes stare out at the world from her oval face, a look of curiosity mixed with intrepid desire staining her hardened features. A flowing robe sculpted with dozens of overlapping folds contours the Elothean's body and pools in a puddle of marble at her feet. Her arms fold in front of her body to obscure her hands from view.

>l par
The parakeet's sleek body is covered with white feathers striped with black along the wings and tail. Its head is a baby-blue, with black flecks along the back of the head and around the eyes. A pale blue patch over its beak marks it as a male.
He is standing.
>l case
The nail-free case is fitted together with small wooden pegs and latticed corners.
>l in case
In the cedar case you see a bright gold lion amulet suspended from a heavy chain and a bright silver dolphin amulet suspended from a heavy chain.

>l sculp
Carved to be a single set, the three animals are set one above another, each pointed upward and touching the other. Shadow dyed into the wave-shaped base is a hint of blue, the rest left in its natural ivory color, highly polished until the surface looks almost translucent.

Re: Elanthian Cribs 10/15/2009 05:58 AM CDT
Here is my home and the room it is in. The room changes night and day.

[Highland Meadow, Wishing Well Grove]
The entrance to an arbor stands at the northwest side of a spacious clearing where plump sheep enjoy the lush grass of the lawn. Some ornamental boxwood shrubs have been trimmed into the shapes of creatures real or fantastic. You also see an ivy-covered gold sandstone manor with a clay tiled roof.

> l shrub

Topiary figures of a dragon, a unicorn, and a pelican decorate the lawn, although they may surprise a midnight visitor.

The dragon, as usual, is snarling. Is that a Halfling it has in its mouth? Maybe it will be clearer the next time the shrub is trimmed.
>
The unicorn is rearing, its front hooves raised high and its spiraled horn pointing at the sky.
>
With both a full beak and a full belly, the pelican has every right to look pleased.

This manor belongs to you (Magdar).
You see an elegant sandstone manor rambling across a low hillock. Six massive chimneys, each topped with 3 clay dragon chimney pots, tower over a high steepled tile roof. Above the buffed sandalwood door with decorative wrought iron hinges you see an immense stained glass window depicting Kertigen at his forge. A large stone raven peers from the gnarled and twisted ivy vines climbing three stories to the roof.

[Magdar's Home]
A gold-shot forest green carpet adorns the black-veined white marble floor of this room. An elaborately carved marble fireplace, with a howling chakrel wolf amulet hung from a braided damite chain hanging above it, rests between a rich black cashmere sofa and a large flat boulder pushed up against the black granite walls. The room holds a mild scent of rum. You also see an immense stained glass window depicting Kertigen at his forge, a buffed sandalwood door, a dragonwood weapon rack, a raven-shaped armor stand carved from a single block of snowflake obsidian with some stuff on it, a dark-stained oak wardrobe with a towering octagonal aquarium on it, a rich black cashmere armchair and a pure-white Tetomba'ia.

> l window

Tiny chips of gems and semiprecious stones form the impressive figure of Kertigen at his celestial forge. Bearing the grin of a craftsman finishing his master work, he breathes life into the Dwarf in his hand. In the bin to his left, you see the bodies of Elves, Gor'togs, and the other races of Elanthia. With his raven flying above and his welkin lying below, the forge flames almost seem to flicker as you watch. The mark of Magdar Bluefletch is etched into the platinum plates set in each corner.

> l stand

Looking more like a piece of art than a functional object, the raven looks almost lifelike in nature. With wings extended, beak open, and right claw upraised the raven stands ready to hold any type of armor you may have. Fiery rubies have been inserted into the eyes and cut in a way that makes them flash malevolent red in any available light.
> l on stand

On the armor stand you see some Dwarven-sized celpeze hide forging gauntlets inlaid with peccary tusk, a leather cowl intricately fashioned into the lifelike visage of a bearded Dwarven warrior and some blue-black ironwood-reinforced leathers with a nacre-scaled sea-serpent wrapped around the midsection.

> l firep

You tap a large flat boulder.

> l on wall

On the granite wall you see a howling chakrel wolf amulet hung from a braided damite chain.

> l on ward

On the oak wardrobe you see a towering octagonal aquarium.
> l in ward

In the oak wardrobe you see a weathered green traveling cloak, a silvery white steelsilk swordsman's cloak and a heavy desumos maned greatcloak dyed the vibrant copper hues of a Rissan sunset.
>
My humble abode...

______
Kertig Heart Magdar Bluefletch, Legendary Barbarian of M'Riss
Re: Elanthian Cribs 10/20/2009 07:12 PM CDT
How do you get a chair to face in a specific direction and how do you tell what slot things take up? Can you get things into the right slot then move the table and chairs so they are beside what you want them to be beside and facing the way you want them?

"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."-William Shakespeare
Re: Elanthian Cribs 10/20/2009 07:46 PM CDT
Pull chair to fireplace or whatever.
I have no idea about the other one, I just order and see what they say it'll replace heh.
Re: Elanthian Cribs 10/20/2009 08:30 PM CDT
<<how do you tell what slot things take up?

Go outside your home and use HOME RECALL.

<<Can you get things into the right slot then move the table and chairs so they are beside what you want them to be beside and facing the way you want them?

The only slots you are able to directly change are the 'table' and 'bed' slots. The table slot allows two items on and one under it. The bed slot allows two items on it. There might be exceptions for certain items that go in those slots.

The other fixed item's order can only be changed with HOME CHANGE which gives about 6 pre-made room descriptions that will be slightly different if used in conjunction with HOME SWAP.

Beyond that, just use the PULL <chair> TO <item> as previously mentioned to get your chairs facing the right way and next to what you want. You can use TURN <chair> too I think to have it face the opposite direction like if you want a chair to face away from the fireplace, for example.

-Evran

Crackling with unspent rage since 386A.V.
Re: Elanthian Cribs 02/03/2010 10:24 PM CST
My bard's house:

A golden oak jigsaw pattern floor spreads across this room into surrounding screens of soft white ricepaper. An oak-mantled brick hearth, with a ruby-eyed gaethzen phoenix hanging above it, stands guard over the low lacquered lotus blossom table and elegant ivory velvet settee that rest upon a cream-colored sheepskin rug covering the floor. A faint scent of lotus blossoms fills the air. You also see a pile of tassled brocade cushions that is facing the table, an ivory hope chest and a tall and slender butler.

all non-fest except for the butler