Sofas? 08/18/2009 06:50 PM CDT
Going to be eligible for my house pretty soon, and I realized I'd never seen anyone with a sofa in their house. I know there are a few available. Are they a lot like benches in that multiple people can sit on them or I could even lay down and cram my compendium on it?

Player of Sajuta the mostly Rathan, sometimes Haven empath, and a bunch of others.
Re: Sofas? 08/18/2009 06:52 PM CDT
Most of them take up the bed slot, so most people opt not to get them.

There are a couple that take up the chair slot but I cannot remember which.

Rev. Reene

Foresee exclaims, "Everyone is always so suspicious! "What was that powder you just slipped into my drink?" They don't ask the other sects that!"
Re: Sofas? 08/18/2009 10:26 PM CDT
Ah, alright. I volunteer to go see what I can about the sofas there are. I'll figure out which ones are "chairs" and how they behave and report back.

Player of Sajuta the mostly Rathan, sometimes Haven empath, and a bunch of others.
Re: Sofas? 08/24/2009 02:13 AM CDT
A bit of a belated response, but...

If a table isn't important for you, you can do a HOME SWAP, and switch around your bed slot (sofa) with the table slot.

That way you can have a bed AND a sofa. Just no table. :D
Re: Sofas? 08/24/2009 03:40 AM CDT
<<If a table isn't important for you, you can do a HOME SWAP, and switch around your bed slot (sofa) with the table slot.

In light of the recent spate of HOME verb updates, this got me thinking that being able to do a HOME SWAP outside of your home would be incredibly fantastic. Or have the option of specificying which slot to use when making a purchase.

Either would be especially awesome when you forget which slots have which items in them and you are standing in a shop on the other side of Elanthia ordering from a merchant who is offering you a trade-in for the wrong item.

And to derail my own derailing, that suggestion reminds me of a similar annoyance of ordering something and finding out that you had an item on, in or under it and can't do it without making the trek home, back to the store and then all the way home again to replace the item. I'd be happy with something similar to HOME RECLAIM that allows you to order the replacement with the explanation that the items in/on/under it are being put into storage or somesuch, and then reclaiming the items the next time you visit your house.

-Evran

Crackling with unspent rage since 386A.V.
Re: Sofas? 08/24/2009 04:42 AM CDT
>>...that suggestion reminds me of a similar annoyance of ordering something and finding out that you had an item on, in or under it and can't do it without making the trek home, back to the store and then all the way home again to replace the item.

Makes me recall my reaction for that a few years back when I went to Aesry without the benefit of a moon mage or a friend with a boat....

"But my home is in Shard!!!!"

ignored by shopkeeper

That's what mule characters are for. To camp out at the home and pick stuff up when needed. :P