Weapons Racks and You 11/08/2008 12:53 PM CST
Will p[utting a verby, appable weapon on the weapons rack in my home do anything to it that i will regret?

Or is it preserved as it was before i place it there and leave the home?

Anyone? Tanks.

:oP Ragran
Idon Raider

"We, the disenfranchised men and women of Elanthia do, by the publishing of this accord, cast off the oppressive yoke of all law and nations and choose for ourselves a path of loyalty unto ourselves."
Re: Weapons Racks and You 11/08/2008 01:19 PM CST
Aside from making sure to HOME SAVE before leaving (the house does not save anything you may have added without this command, so the enter/put/leave routine means you'll sacrifice that shiny new toy to the janitor), there shouldn't be any issues.

Of course, if the item is using certain tricks to pull off the effects it has and is seen mechanically as an item-within-an-item it's possible that it can't go on the rack in the first place due to general restrictions on furniture.

DISCLAIMER: THIS POSTER IS NOT A MEMBER OF STAFF AND HIS INFORMATION IS/MIGHT BE WRONG.
Re: Weapons Racks and You 11/08/2008 01:31 PM CST
home save...right. wow thanks.

Idon Raider

"We, the disenfranchised men and women of Elanthia do, by the publishing of this accord, cast off the oppressive yoke of all law and nations and choose for ourselves a path of loyalty unto ourselves."
Re: Weapons Racks and You 11/09/2008 09:21 PM CST
<<weapons and weaponracks

Just don't put your weapon of doom on the wall. Things mounted up there get a bunch of weight added to it presumably to account for the mounting assembly or something. This of course may have changed at some point since its been several years at least since I've tested it.

I've never had a problem leaving items in my house without doing a HOME SAVE. I think the save is just needed for specific home-related settings like scrying/dancefloor/furniture arrangement/tappable features/etc. Of course, it won't hurt it either so you might just want to play it safe anyways.

-Evran

"Constitutions are meant to protect minorities -- not to take rights away from people." - Bruce Bastian
Re: Weapons Racks and You 11/10/2008 09:47 AM CST
are you kidding? crap.

Idon Raider

Re: Weapons Racks and You 11/10/2008 07:11 PM CST
just to follow up, weight is the same, same app.

so apparently weapons racks in homes are not bad for weapons.

:)

Idon Raider

Re: Weapons Racks and You 11/10/2008 07:20 PM CST
<<just to follow up, weight is the same, same app.
<<so apparently weapons racks in homes are not bad for weapons.

Correct, its just the walls that add weight, i.e. hung above the fireplace. I think you may have misread my post. I should go test this to make sure its still like that...

-Evran

"Constitutions are meant to protect minorities -- not to take rights away from people." - Bruce Bastian
Re: Weapons Racks and You 11/10/2008 11:57 PM CST
Putting stuff on the walls souldn't affect it's weight. Items sold in shops for walls are usually big/bulky/heavy by design -- they're meant to be in the home and not lugged around.

If you do find a case where the wall of a home changes the weight of something, please let us know.

FGM Zadraes
Premium Liaison
ALAE GM (Platinum)
Logistics Lead
Re: Weapons Racks and You 11/11/2008 12:14 AM CST
Hmm.. as far as I can tell from my very brief attempts, nothing is actually being added in terms of weight. I know exactly where I got this idea from, however: HOME HELP 9. You might want to edit the section on wall items to make it clearer... right now it sure makes it sound like you can attach anything to a wall, but once its removed its going to be bigger and heavier.

- A furniture item must be cleared of any attachments before you may
purchase a replacement piece. Since the items presently attached to
walls must be removed, we have added the ability to do so. Any such
item will be large and heavy once removed, and will probably not fit
into anything other than a vault - but if you want to keep a moose head
in your vault, that's your business!

-Evran

Re: Weapons Racks and You 11/11/2008 04:21 AM CST
HOME HELP is getting some updates. I'll make sure this gets an eye too. :)

FGM Zadraes
Premium Liaison
ALAE GM (Platinum)
Logistics Lead
Re: Weapons Racks and You 11/11/2008 11:17 AM CST
Actually, long time ago when homes first came out there was a bug where if you put anything other than what is supposed to go on your walls, like a blade, it would be ten times heavier than before when you removed it from said walls.

This bug might have be fixed but no one told us or I don't recall seeing this being fixed on the forums.

Regards,

Sortny/Braunwen
Re: Weapons Racks and You 11/11/2008 11:51 AM CST
Thats why i asked. i remember the bug. turned your weapons into home ornaments.

its been fixed which is awesome.

Idon Raider