Probably answer a million times before... 06/11/2008 05:05 PM CDT
is there a way to tell if I can add additional bits of funiture to my home. Currently have the bed, and table and chairs, but would like a trunk or something that I could put a few things in. Or maybe a hook to hang my jacket on when I get home from a long days hunt, heal or ... flirtation session. I know where to go to get what I want (cept the hook) but am not sure my small chanters retreat cottage would hold any more bits of furniture, and don't want to go all the way to some out of the way place and find I can't add a bit more to my home.

Thank you for your help.

Francelia ~Elven Empath~ Citizen of Theren~ Member of the Norther Watch Combat Unit First Squad.
Re: Probably answer a million times before... 06/11/2008 06:16 PM CDT
All houses have the same exact furniture slottage. If you know/remember what the default arrangement looks like, you can know without having to pretend-buy furniture if you can add more. If you don't know, go attempt to buy something you want. If there's already a piece of bought furniture in the slot, the merchant will ask you to confirm the swap before committing to the purchase. If there's nothing but the default there, the merchant I believe will just ask to confirm the purchase rather than highlight the fact you are replacing a plain cot with the fancy new bed you wanted.

J'Lo, I'm a ranger.. I'd believe anything.....
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: Probably answer a million times before... 06/11/2008 06:26 PM CDT
So what you are saying is that because the default for the cottage was that there was a cot and a small broken table that is all that I can replace with nicer furniture?

Francelia ~ Elven Empath ~ Citizen of Therengia ~ Member of the Northern Watch Combat Unit First Squad ~
Re: Probably answer a million times before... 06/11/2008 07:50 PM CDT
In my homes, I have a bed, a nice table, some nice chairs, and something to put stuff in or on. I probably could get an armor or weapon rack of some sort too. I understand that treehouses are smaller though: Takei (a ranger I used to know) had some trouble when he moved from a ground home to a treehouse.

Ryeka and the brood

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Probably answer a million times before... 06/11/2008 09:01 PM CDT
IIRC, you can replace the wall item/plaque, bed/cot, table, firepit, walls, and floors. Additional items is in the "You also see" section of the room: a window, a trunk/storage item, chairs (2 or 4), armor stand and weapon stand. You can also replace your door.

Regards,

Sortny/Braunwen
Re: Probably answer a million times before... 08/24/2008 08:00 PM CDT
>> You can also replace your door.

I am a new homeowner and I've been trying to figure out how to replace my door but all the shops I go to says I don't have the right kind of home. I've got a longhouse up in Boar Clan.

Also, when it says the home should be vacant for a period of time for new furniture to be delivered, how long is that?

Thanks!

Meadbh
Re: Probably answer a million times before... 08/24/2008 09:54 PM CDT
>>I am a new homeowner and I've been trying to figure out how to replace my door but all the shops I go to says I don't have the right kind of home. I've got a longhouse up in Boar Clan.

You have to go all the way over to Leth Deriel, I think. That's what The Wolf's Den says at least.

>>Also, when it says the home should be vacant for a period of time for new furniture to be delivered, how long is that?

If I recall, the furniture I wanted was all the way up in the Therenborough area. When I got back to Willow Walk (in Crossing) my stuff was there already. Less than an hour, I believe, but it's so far back in my housing history that I don't recall if I piddled around in Therenborough or not before going back.

DISCLAIMER: THIS POSTER IS NOT A MEMBER OF STAFF AND HIS INFORMATION IS/MIGHT BE WRONG.
Re: Probably answer a million times before... 08/25/2008 07:13 PM CDT
I think the max amount of time is 15 minutes and my furniture was delivered when I entered my home.

If you are having a problem finding a door, study your home. If you see anything like unknown bug it and assist if you can to get it fixed. That might be your problem. Also when studying the home you'll find out which door shop you need to visit.

HOME HELP 10 is your friend. It has a list of door shops there.

Regards,

Sortny/Braunwen
Re: Probably answer a million times before... 08/25/2008 07:57 PM CDT
Thanks, I picked up a door in Leth. Though I have to say the most annoying thing was not knowing I needed to remove the Estate Holder Plaque before I got new walls. It'd be nice if they included that in the initial instructions. : ) But it's all working beautifully except for maybe the window, I have to try changing the look a bit tonight to see if that will fix it.