Window question 10/19/2007 09:23 PM CDT
I bought a window for my house, but it doesn't show up in the interior description and I can't figure out why. I've tried everything I could think of to make it appear. I know it's there because I can interact with/look through it, but it just doesn't show up in the room desc. Am I missing something?

~Arelin's player

~Anything not nailed down is mine. Anything I can pry loose is not nailed down.~
Re: Window question 10/19/2007 09:49 PM CDT
If you tapped the window, you hid it. Just tap the window again to see it in the room again. When you are checking things in the home, try using pat instead of tap.

Regards,

Sortny/Braunwen
Re: Window question 10/19/2007 10:18 PM CDT
Then after you tap it and make it visible, do a HOME SAVE to keep it visible.

~Dulcinia

[Mvorn] "Dulcinia is the only woman I would allow myself to cheat on my wife with, she's dreamy"

Not everyone comes here to hug and smooch and give pretend birth on the floor of the bank in Ratha.
-Galren Moonskin
Re: Window question 10/19/2007 11:40 PM CDT
Even when I tap it, it still doesn't show up. I had thought that was the way to make it visible, but maybe I just need to assist.

[Anisi's Home]
A pine four-poster bed and a sturdy oak table rest upon the varnished honey pine floor of this small room. A small firepit, a formal portrait framed in dark cherry hanging above it, sits at the edge of the cotton rug covering the floor. White-washed plaster walls enclose the area, holding in its lingering smell of lavender. You also see a door, a white-painted wicker nest chair that is facing the table and a white-painted wicker nest chair that is facing the table.
Obvious exits: none
>tap win
You tap an oval oak window.
>l
[Anisi's Home]
A pine four-poster bed and a sturdy oak table rest upon the varnished honey pine floor of this small room. A small firepit, a formal portrait framed in dark cherry hanging above it, sits at the edge of the cotton rug covering the floor. White-washed plaster walls enclose the area, holding in its lingering smell of lavender. You also see a door, a white-painted wicker nest chair that is facing the table and a white-painted wicker nest chair that is facing the table.
Obvious exits: none

~Arelin's player

~Anything not nailed down is mine. Anything I can pry loose is not nailed down.~
Re: Window question 10/20/2007 12:18 AM CDT
Its a long shot, but you could try doing a HOME CHANGE to move the furniture around a bit. It might just be with your furniture arrangement the window gets perma-hidden. When you tap something to make it visible you normally get a system message like (The door will now be visible) and I didn't see anything like that in your log.

-Evran

<<Dartenian says, "Welcome to the Bard Meeting! Tonight's agenda will consist primarily of finalizing our plans for global conquest."
Re: Window question 10/20/2007 12:44 AM CDT
Oh, it could also be that you are trying to do it with a character other than the one the home is registered to. From your log it might have to be Anisi who needs to make certain changes, not Arelin as per your signature.

-Evran

<<Dartenian says, "Welcome to the Bard Meeting! Tonight's agenda will consist primarily of finalizing our plans for global conquest."
Re: Window question 10/20/2007 10:49 AM CDT
I've tried home change, and Arelin is my Prime character, Anisi is in Plat and I did try it with Anisi. Thanks for the suggestions, though.

~Arelin's player

Re: Window question 10/20/2007 12:48 PM CDT
Did you go outside your home and study home type? I.E. study cottage, etc. If you see unknown type anywhere in the description, bug it. That might be causing problems.

Regards,

Sortny/Braunwen