Ok I have some questions, not sure where to post... 10/16/2007 02:58 PM CDT
Ok I have a few questions on homes and decorating... I found this great info, but it doesn't answer all my questions. I have a red brick house, in the crossing, at Elmod Close.

Questions:
1) What do bars count as? And can they hold items?
2) What do pets count as?
3) Where do I get fancy doors at? For regular free standing brick house.
4) Can anything put on a mantle?
5) Am I understanding the info right and be able to use all the items I have listed below? If there is a question mark I just haven't found what I am looking for.
6) Where are trunks?
7) If I put let say a memory chest under the bed, can it have some items in it?

Thanks in advance to anyone who may help!
Kaetilyne

Home Slot Information
(Information obtained from GM Jeremael, Jan 23, 2001)
Slots: Floor, window, door, fireplace, table, bed, wall, chair, weapon rack, armor stand, & general storage trunk.

Stuff that can have things on/in/behind/under...
Floor -- Floor covering
Wall -- 1 item ON...general
Bed -- 2 items ON, 1 item UNDER...general
table -- 2 items ON...general
rack -- 2 items ON...weapon only
stand -- 3 items ON...armor only
trunk -- 4 items IN, 1 item ON...general

FLOOR: (1 floor covering)
300000 a gold-flecked black marble floor
12000 *a dark red oval braided rug

WINDOW:
45000 a high arched stained glass window

DOOR:
?

FIREPLACE:
420000 a black marble fireplace with a gilded mantle

TABLE: (2 items on)
40000 a lustrous ebonwood table
5500 *Gold-swirled Crystal Vase
*?

BED: (2 items on, 1 under)
320000 an ebonwood four-poster bed
20099 *a gold-fringed red silk pillow (on)
*? (on)
*? (under)

WALL: (1 wall hanging)
300000 a gold-flecked black marble wall
100000 *a pair of dark crystal sconces shaped like budding roses

CHAIR:
200000 a dark red velvet armchair

WEAPONS RACK: (2 weapons)
150000 a gold-inlaid ebonwood weapon rack
*? (on)
*? (on)

ARMOR STAND: (3 armor)
150000 a bronze-inlaid ebonwood armor stand
*? (on)
*? (on)
*? (on)

TRUNK: (4 in, 1 on)
?
*? (in)
*? (in)
*? (in)
*? (in)
*? (on)

EXTERIOR:
30000 some vibrant red roses
Re: Ok I have some questions, not sure where to post... 10/16/2007 03:15 PM CDT
>2) What do pets count as?

Pets are their own thing - you can have one at a time - buying one replaces the old one.

>7) If I put let say a memory chest under the bed, can it have some items in it?

No. Any "containers" put on/in/under anything in a home must be empty. Putting something in a container on/in/under a home item or putting a container with something already in it on/in/under a home item will make that item (in the container) disappear (upon leaving/log out/etc.). These items are not replaceable. I once hat a pocketed blanket that had a little bear in it. I put it on the bed thinking that I could have 2 items on a bed...and when I came back home - the bear was gone. I assisted and was told that the item that was in the blanket doesn't get saved with the home information, and thus was lost. No nesting of items in homes....at least for now.

~Chris
Re: Ok I have some questions, not sure where to post... 10/16/2007 04:08 PM CDT
>>Putting something in a container on/in/under a home item or putting a container with something already in it on/in/under a home item will make that item (in the container) disappear (upon leaving/log out/etc.).

Really? Because I seem to recall the house not even letting me put the container in/on/under the furniture if there was something in it already. Maybe I forgot that I was placing things manually instead of all at once...?

>>1) What do bars count as? And can they hold items?

Most likely it counts as a table, but table slot and bed slot are interchangeable (just make sure it's replacing the correct piece of furniture, however). How many items it holds will probably depend on the slot it goes into.

>>2) What do pets count as?

Pets count as pets, entirely separate slot. And, no, you cannot put things on your pet.

>>3) Where do I get fancy doors at? For regular free standing brick house.

Doors, like exterior homes, might be limited based on house type and class level. I know that arcanewolf.com (the wolf's den) has a list of which is for what, but not sure if that info made it onto the Wiki yet. Assuming any sort of doors can be bought for a home, specific shop info can be found in the Shops category of the Elanthipedia Wiki.

>>4) Can anything put on a mantle?

Dunno. My guess is that mantle = wall, rather than an item slot on a firebin slot, though.

>>6) Where are trunks?

On trees, war mammoths, and the occasional goblin (sorry, couldn't resist). Look to the Wiki for shop info, though.

J'Lo, I'm a ranger.. I'd believe anything.....
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: Ok I have some questions, not sure where to post... 10/16/2007 05:32 PM CDT
<<>>1) What do bars count as? And can they hold items?

<<Most likely it counts as a table, but table slot and bed slot are interchangeable (just make sure it's replacing the correct piece of furniture, however). How many items it holds will probably depend on the slot it goes into.

Bars (at least the one I have) are a standalone object that appear in the 'You also see' section and don't replace anything except other bars. The one I have can have one item placed on top of it and nothing in or under it.

<<4) Can anything put on a mantle?

No.

<<all the questions about where to find furniture

See here for lists of most shops and other assorted home info. Its a bit out of date, but has most of the available shops:
http://elanthia.theflightline.net/furniture.html

-Evran

<<Dartenian says, "Welcome to the Bard Meeting! Tonight's agenda will consist primarily of finalizing our plans for global conquest."
Re: Ok I have some questions, not sure where to post... 10/16/2007 06:51 PM CDT
Bars use the chest/trunk slot. They aren't their own entity. You can put 4 items in and 2 items on them. Weapon racks and armor stands are their own entities, however.

~Dulcinia

[Mvorn] "Dulcinia is the only woman I would allow myself to cheat on my wife with, she's dreamy"

Not everyone comes here to hug and smooch and give pretend birth on the floor of the bank in Ratha.
-Galren Moonskin
Re: Ok I have some questions, not sure where to post... 10/16/2007 06:55 PM CDT
Thank you all! You've all been a great help!

Kaetilyne
Re: Ok I have some questions, not sure where to post... 10/16/2007 10:31 PM CDT
Ok one more silly question. I changed houses, didn't like the last. Heres what I got as far as decor and furnishings so far, but can't seem to get my chairs near my table which is driving me nuts. Can we do this or it just stuck like this?

[Kaetilyne's Home]
A lingering scent of wild roses fills this room. Its bare gold-flecked black marble floor supports an ebonwood canopy bed and a lustrous ebonwood table, and the area is enclosed by walls of gold-flecked black marble. A black marble fireplace with a gilded mantle burns near the far wall, above it hanging a pair of dark crystal sconces shaped like budding roses. You also see a dark red velvet armchair.

I tried the whole home change thing and it moves furniture around but never puts the chairs near the table. Just odd if ye ask me. It a set of four armchairs too why it say one?

Thanks again,
Kaetilyne
Re: Ok I have some questions, not sure where to post... 10/16/2007 10:39 PM CDT
>can't seem to get my chairs near my table which is driving me nuts. Can we do this or it just stuck like this?

home help 8
- To make more chairs, OPEN <chair>.
- To gather your chairs together, CLOSE <chair>.
- Other verbs:
- PULL CHAIR TO <furniture object>
- PULL CHAIR, PUSH CHAIR, TURN CHAIR
- There are many different results you can
get from the verbs. Experiment a bit!

Hope that helps with what you want.

~Chris
Re: Ok I have some questions, not sure where to post... 10/17/2007 12:42 PM CDT
Ahh thank you didn't even see that one...