"Temporary" look 01/27/2007 12:37 PM CST

Will be getting back into estate-holdership soon, and I have been tossing around the idea that my character does not stay in one place for long. So I thought I could just... move a lot. I'm considering what interior design might suit a wanderer. Also as a member of the Crystal Hand sect, there would be an ascetic elment as well. Any ideas?

-/\/\
Moon mage Daellid
Re: "Temporary" look 01/27/2007 01:05 PM CST
hmmm Lets see.. a hammok for a bed, cushion seats are more easily packed then chairs. A trunk for storage in the home and for packing up for moving.... ok I'm out of ideas.

This is a good site to look at home furniture...

http://elanthia.theflightline.net/furniture.html

Re: "Temporary" look 01/29/2007 12:53 PM CST
I am a Nomad, so wandering is a theme for me, too. I went with a fire pit. I have a work table and a couple of benches. I pulled one to the fire pit and one to the table. In my mind I don't actually move the table and benches. They are rustic and I consider them site built.
Re: "Temporary" look 01/29/2007 12:54 PM CST
To amend my previous post, I resisted getting a home at all because of being a Nomad. However, I got old and tired and needed a bit of shelter. I would still prefer a tent (or better yet a yurt) that I could move easily.
Re: "Temporary" look 01/29/2007 02:31 PM CST
>> I am a Nomad, so wandering is a theme for me, too. I went with a fire pit. I have a work table and a couple of benches. I pulled one to the fire pit and one to the table. In my mind I don't actually move the table and benches. They are rustic and I consider them site built.

That gives me some ideas, thanks.

-/\/\
Moon mage Daellid
Re: "Temporary" look 01/29/2007 02:33 PM CST
>> To amend my previous post, I resisted getting a home at all because of being a Nomad. However, I got old and tired and needed a bit of shelter. I would still prefer a tent (or better yet a yurt) that I could move easily.

Agreed. I'd like a Kuti!

-/\/\
Moon mage Daellid
Re: "Temporary" look 02/03/2007 11:08 AM CST
[Daellid's Home]
Walls of rough-hewn oak and a smooth earth floor enclose this small room. In one corner hangs a knotted rope hammock, and near the hammock sits a large flat boulder. A simple clay-lined firepit burns along the far wall. The room holds a mild scent of sandalwood. You also see a door and a driftwood sea chest etched with nautical symbols.

-/\/\
Moon Ranger Daellid