Cozie's House 12/23/2006 08:36 AM CST
Colorful blossoms bob amidst the profusion of weeds which thrive in the ruins of nearby home. Morning glories twine about the fallen clapboards, almost covering the marks of the flames which destroyed the building. Fortunately, the nearby homes were left untouched by the ravages of the fire. You also see a tiny stacked stone house encircled by a white picket fence.

[Cozie's Home]
Walls of white-washed plaster and a polished riverstone floor covered by a deep blue braided throw rug enclose this tiny hovel. In one corner lies a carved dark ironwood bench, and near the bench sits a sturdy oak table with a blue-tinted crystal bud-vase and a gold-flecked crystal egg on it. Above a small firepit hangs a flame-blackened cast-iron cauldron with a sculpted brass handle. The room holds a lingering scent of onion soup. You also see a petite silk-covered armchair that is facing the firepit, a petite silk-covered armchair that is facing the firepit, a handcrafted cedar case with a low mistwood-framed terrarium on it and a plump dark grey squirrel.

Most of the furniture is shop items. I felt compelled to keep it simple because there is no escaping the word hovel. I do love the cauldron though. I wonder if the GM that did the alteration for me,thought it was an odd thing to spend an LTB on. heh

>look cauldron
Round and heavy as a fat melon, the little cauldron boasts a beautifully sculpted brass handle. Rabbits and game fowl chase along the handle's length while bunches of herbs cleverly hide the rivets holding the handle in place. A loop has been attached on one side, possibly as a handy spot to hang a soup ladel. Three brass onions along the base of the cauldron serve as feet.

Anyway, there is my tiny house for a tiny Gnome.

Cozie & Co.
Re: Cozie's House 12/23/2006 07:19 PM CST
This is great. :) So often, I see people with hovels try to turn their homes into some kind of grand mansion-esque thing...which just doesn't work!

I love that you kept it simple, and added little touches to really make interesting. Really nice cauldron! :)

Cheers,
Pam