I love my new cottage! 02/06/2006 02:00 PM CST
I was able to buy a house last night at midnight so I ran all over Elanthia remodeling it. OKay here is my pride and joy.

You peer out the window, and see:
[Ratha, Upper Cobra Road]
The road widens as it meets two others coming in at odd angles. The resulting tangle of streets is set about with a curious variety of tiny shops mingled with somewhat ramshackle cottages and small storage yards for bulk goods. You also see a baked brick home and a cozy stone block cottage with a huge oak tree placed by its entrance.
Obvious paths: north, northeast, southeast, south.

Go Cottage:
[Velencia's Home]
A white sand floor spreads across this small room into surrounding screens of seafoam green ricepaper. A circular riverstone firepit, stands guard over the knotted rope hammock and frosted glass table that rest upon a woven reed carpet covering the floor. A slight scent of sea spray fills the air. You also see a fan-shaped stained glass window, an ivory-tinted willow door, a bowl-shaped padded rattan chair that is facing the table and an apricot-colored dog.
Obvious exits: none

>look firepit
Smooth, semi-oval stones of grey and reddish tones have been set into a cement base to make up the basin of this firepit.

>look on hammock
On the rope hammock you see a wood violet dream pillow and an intricate Elothean Web quilt.

>look under hammock
Under the rope hammock you see a heap of sand.

>look table
A single piece of frosted glass sits atop a thick pillar of ivory marble. In the middle of the glass, a thin vein of marble snakes its way over the surface of the glass to join the pillar underneath, keeping the glass well in place.

>look on table
On the glass table you see a driftwood sculpture depicting a sea siren reclining on a beach and a stack of magic handbooks.

>look sculp
Skilled hands have turned this piece of driftwood into a lovely work of art. A sea siren, her long hair flowing, rests upon a beach. Her penetrating gaze seems to tell you that she's seen the depths of your soul, but will keep your secrets for a price.

>look hand
The handbooks are stacked in neat fashion and have titles such as, "How to Target Ants from the Roof of a Tower," "50 Ways to make learning Perception Fun," and "Hand Exercises for Over-Twiddled Fingers."

>look chair
The shallow scooped seat stretches a bit over three feet in diameter, made of thick rattan bound by jute. An open rattan stand supports the structure, allowing the occupant to adjust the chair's position to his or her liking. A padded cotton mat finishes the chair, softening the wooden surface.

And this is Lady:
>look dog
The apricot-colored dog is an elegant, lively, small animal with a profuse, but well-groomed and clipped curly coat. Her ears are long, flat and wide, laying close to the head. She has a long head with dark, almond-shaped eyes that have an alert expression.
She is standing.

(I think this is my longest post... ever. But I had to show off my first house!! )

~Velencia~

Let the rain kiss you.
Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops.
Let the rain sing you a lullaby.
- Langston Hughes
Re: I love my new cottage! 02/06/2006 09:15 PM CST
Very pretty.