Dark Sprites 08/28/2009 08:39 PM CDT
For all those interested in the Dark Sprites in the dungeon of the Haven Castle, I believe they're in the Adan'f Range and I give them a big A+.
They seem much easier than Adan'f, to me anyway.

>describe sprite
The dark sprite is dressed in a black gossamer dress that is frayed and tattered along the bottom edges. Her eyes are as dark as coal and appear to be looking straight through to your soul. Her dark hair is shoulder length and gnarled. You almost catch a glimpse of a row of razor-sharp teeth, but when you turn to look directly at her, you see nothing but her maniacal, close-mouthed smirk that seems to taunt you and chill you at the same time.

>recall sprite
You recall a dark sprite casts the paeldryth's wrath spell.

You recall a dark sprite casts the confound enemies and curse of zachriedek spells.

You recall that a dark sprite sometimes carries its loot in locked boxes.
Roundtime: 7 sec.

Just thought I'd give people a head's up.

- Terra
Re: Dark Sprites 08/28/2009 08:46 PM CDT
Hmm- Well, I guess if I hunt those, I would do well to cast Huldah's Pall right off the bat!

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Dark Sprites 08/28/2009 08:47 PM CDT
I take it you need blessed weapons?

Also I thought there was four levels of them?

Player of Drevid

http://www.phiiskeep.homestead.com/Barbarian.html

Cylons... why debugging matters.
Re: Dark Sprites 08/28/2009 08:52 PM CDT
Zadraes did mention 4 levels of them- but warned that they had a range. I didn't think to ask about if they needed blessed weapons.

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

Re: Dark Sprites 08/28/2009 09:04 PM CDT
They are cursed, so blessed weapons help but are not necessary.

There are different levels, through the hallway, door, passage, etc. in the dungeon.

I want to go back and say these creatures are amazing. I will, without a doubt, be hunting here.

Awesome job to everyone who had a hand in creating these.

The difficulty level is great. So far I've found some that fight bare handed, the ones through the hallway use stiletto's, through the passage they use daggers and the ones through the corridor have a scimitar and armor.

Look forward to more details later! Thank you Team Awesome!

- Terra
Re: Dark Sprites 08/28/2009 09:10 PM CDT
Great! Thanks for the info Terra. Much appreciated.

Player of Drevid

Re: Dark Sprites 08/28/2009 09:39 PM CDT
I really appreciate the new hunting area. But since you went to the effort to make 4 different level sprits, is it possible to make at least one that teaches in the 400 and 500+ range? None of the 4 areas I found (so I assume I found all 4 levels) taught me. There is a real lack of high level hunting for premies and overall lack in this province anyway, perfect time to change that, make one of these sprite areas real nasty for us!
Re: Dark Sprites 08/28/2009 10:04 PM CDT
HUNT seems a little funky here.

>hunt
You take note of all the tracks in the area, so that you can hunt anything nearby down.

To the east:
--) a dark sprite

You were unable to locate any followable tracks.

Roundtime: 8 sec.

Player of Drevid

Re: Dark Sprites 08/28/2009 10:09 PM CDT
Normal for all premium hunting areas.

TG, TG, GL, et al.
Also: Moo.
Re: Dark Sprites 08/28/2009 11:10 PM CDT
What Grim said. When I asked about it in Laches, the host said that Hunt doesn't play nice with teleport wards.

Ryeka

Re: Dark Sprites 08/29/2009 09:41 AM CDT
Yes please!

Felicini

>I really appreciate the new hunting area. But since you went to the effort to make 4 different level sprits, is it possible to make at least one that teaches in the 400 and 500+ range? None of the 4 areas I found (so I assume I found all 4 levels) taught me. There is a real lack of high level hunting for premies and overall lack in this province anyway, perfect time to change that, make one of these sprite areas real nasty for us!
Re: Dark Sprites 08/29/2009 10:14 AM CDT
I echo the request to make one level of these sprites 400+.

Also, could you look into HUNT working for premium hunting?
Re: Dark Sprites 08/29/2009 05:06 PM CDT
>Also, could you look into HUNT working for premium hunting?

I've relayed the request.

ASGM Zadraes
Premium Liaison
ALAE GM (Platinum)
Logistics Lead
Re: Dark Sprites 08/29/2009 05:11 PM CDT
>But since you went to the effort to make 4 different level sprits, is it possible to make at least one that teaches in the 400 and 500+ range?

Right now as a part of the dungeon? No, not likely. We don't make musk hogs that people learn from at 80th circle...these sprites were designed with a certain range in mind. As it is, there's a fairly wide range in the critter's skills and stats between the higher end and the lower end.

::G:: Some people want shops, some want clubhouses, some want neighborhoods, some want hunting, some want fests, some want other events...there are only so many design hands available to team Premi. We try to balance it out, it just takes some time. :)

More hunting is planned for you guys. Give us a little time, and we'll do our best to address the various levels.

ASGM Zadraes
Premium Liaison
ALAE GM (Platinum)
Logistics Lead
Re: Dark Sprites 08/29/2009 05:18 PM CDT
In case I haven't said it enough times, thank you for all the hard work put into this release.
It really is an awesome release and everyone who had their hands in the pot did an amazing job!

Thank you!

- Terra
Re: Dark Sprites 08/29/2009 05:22 PM CDT
>More hunting is planned for you guys. Give us a little time, and we'll do our best to address the various levels

Much appreciated!

Felicini
Re: Dark Sprites 09/04/2009 05:22 PM CDT
I just want to say I haven't had this much fun hunting in a long time. Thank you so much for this new area.

===
Oleveir says, "One must be careful around the angry ODS women."
Re: Dark Sprites 09/05/2009 01:49 PM CDT
I haven't been up to the new area yet. Where skillwise do these sprites start and end?

Dun
Re: Dark Sprites 10/02/2009 07:22 PM CDT
I really really like the dark sprites so please take this as constructive rather than a grip.

After spending more time in the dark sprite area I'm starting to get a tad frustrated. The spells are a challenge and doable but they will poof themselves to another room with bolts in them and since I'm using quads I'm losing them slowly when I can't find the sprite again. I'm not sure if they are degenning with them or just becoming really elusive after moving 2 rooms away from me.

The gen feels really slow and they don't seem to even try to find the hunters in the area. I can use hunt to try and track them down but they tend to degen before I get out of the RT for it and move 1-2 rooms to get there.

===
Re: Dark Sprites 10/02/2009 07:57 PM CDT
I may be missing it, but I don't see anything that 'teleports' them away, just normal movement mechanics native to all creatures. Also doesn't look like they hide or go invisible.

I can do some prodding to see what I can find out, but they should be behaving like all other creatures as far as lodging and related mechanics go.

Which ones in particular are you hunting? There are 4 tiers of 'em. Need to know which to look at for spawning info.

ASGM Zadraes
Premium Liaison
ALAE GM (Platinum)
Logistics Lead
Re: Dark Sprites 10/02/2009 10:44 PM CDT
This is in the passage area and this is the message that I see to go with it.

The dark sprite stops advancing on you.
Without warning, a dark sprite disappears into her surroundings. Though you can't see her, you can hear her laughter echoing from the south.

aimThere is nothing else to face!
At what are you trying to aim?

This one I found in the room south of me.

===
Re: Dark Sprites 10/03/2009 01:14 AM CDT
I think it's afraid of you.
Re: Dark Sprites 10/06/2009 12:10 AM CDT
Ah. That's the normal movement messaging for them. If you're not engaged to them, they're free to wander.

I'll check with a few folks to see what I can find out about lodged weaponry and how that affects the movement logic. No promises anything can be done since that's inside core critter stuff and not this particular critter, though.

ASGM Zadraes
Premium Liaison
ALAE GM (Platinum)
Logistics Lead
Re: Dark Sprites 10/06/2009 12:52 AM CDT
Gotcha, thank you for looking into it. I'll just be more careful.

===
Re: Dark Sprites 10/06/2009 11:27 AM CDT
I keep forgetting about Dark Sprites and I was one of the ones that really loved them.

I forget, how low do they teach? I need to find a good area where I can train my defenses, but also backtrain some lower weapons.

- Terra
Re: Dark Sprites 10/22/2009 04:08 AM CDT
I'd like to second someone elses question that I don't believe got answered.
What level do the lowest dark sprites start at out and at about what is the cap for the hardest dark sprites? And can you progress in between the tiers or will you have to hunt other things inbetween?
Dark Sprites... Gremlins... ? 12/21/2009 02:27 PM CST
I too am curious as to how hard the lowest dark sprites are. Also, how tough are the red-bristled gremlins?

I am looking for a premium hunting area around croc level, but with a better spawn.
Re: Dark Sprites... Gremlins... ? 12/21/2009 02:57 PM CST
When I played with the gremlins briefly, I found them to be well over the adan'f level. I don't really know how they compare to the dark sprites, though.

Ryeka

Re: Dark Sprites... Gremlins... ? 12/22/2009 07:19 AM CST
Gremlins are gryphons with boxes and (sometimes) armor. The unarmed ones (b.&f. gryphons) are mixed in with the ones with shields and parry (y.gryphons).

~Hunter Hanryu
http://drplat.com/CombatEquipmentCompendium.xls
Re: Dark Sprites 07/29/2012 07:52 PM CDT
Just some threadomancy since I stumbled upon this when looking for something else.

On a conceptual level, I loved trying out these guys.

But the fact that they cast magic more than they attack mixed with their desire to retreat makes training defenses in there rather frustrating.

"You always have to be a know-it-all. And you don't. Know. It. All." - GERSTEINJ2