Gremlin hunting 07/16/2008 12:55 PM CDT
I love these creatures, but the area is huge, and as far as I can tell only 2 gremlin per hunter spawn. Given the small ilithi population, and the even smaller subset of premie ilithians that fall in the range of gremlins, could you look at the gen rate in here? It's really hard to find more than 1 in a room if you are alone. Perhaps you could set it up so that one of the three fields (probably the one closest to the house) gens more than the other ones? That would allow for lower gen area in the north and west and a good spawn area (I'm thinking 4 per hunter) in the easternmost 4-room "field".

Is that possible?

~Hanryu Ves'Shomis
Sword of House Calibanor, Emerald Knight, Keeper of the CEC, Ranger
http://drplat.com/CombatEquipmentCompendium.xls
Re: Gremlin hunting 07/21/2008 06:38 PM CDT
Made a tweak. See how things are now?

FGM Zadraes
Premium Liaison
ALAE GM (Platinum)
Logistics Lead
Re: Gremlin hunting 07/22/2008 06:47 AM CDT
> Made a tweak. See how things are now?

Nice. I was in there alone this AM and routinely found 2 in a room if I went looking for them. The 30 min evaluation is definitely showing marked improvement.

Much appreciation for the tweak.

~Hanryu Ves'Shomis
Re: Gremlin hunting 07/30/2008 02:31 PM CDT
I love the gen changes, but I noticed something a bit goofy today.

[Eastern Fields, Roadway]
A curious and unsettling silence hangs heavily over the fog-shrouded countryside. What little light there is succeeds only in creating eerie phantoms that dance wildly in the lingering mists. A single oak, tall and majestic, crowns the summit and remains unmarred by the fiery devastation afflicting surrounding areas. A series of deep marks are clawed into the bark of the tree. You also see a burning wooden torch, a burning wooden torch, a burning wooden torch, a burning wooden torch, a burning wooden torch, a burning wooden torch, a burning wooden torch, a burning wooden torch, a burning wooden torch, a burning wooden torch, a burning wooden torch, a burning wooden torch, a burning wooden torch, a burning wooden torch, a burning wooden torch, a burning wooden torch, a burning wooden torch, a burning wooden torch, a burning wooden torch, a burning wooden torch, a burning wooden torch, a burning wooden torch, a burning wooden torch, a burning wooden torch, a burning wooden torch, a burning wooden torch, a burning wooden torch, a burning wooden torch, a burning wooden torch, a burning wooden torch, a burning wooden torch, a burning wooden torch, a burning wooden torch, a limb and some junk.
Obvious paths: north, northeast, southwest, northwest.

Don't you think that's a bit much? In the span of 3 minutes that built up. The gremlins did not pick up old torches, cause you can't throw them (what's up with that anyway) and they seemed to be stuck on an infinite loop of just throwing torches, and doing nothing else. Cool mechanic, but kind of annoying that they don't do anything else.

~Hanryu Ves'Shomis
Re: Gremlin hunting 08/06/2008 02:24 PM CDT
Relayed to their creator. We'll see what's up.

FGM Zadraes
Premium Liaison
ALAE GM (Platinum)
Logistics Lead
Re: Gremlin hunting 08/07/2008 02:32 PM CDT
Very cool critter, however would the owner of the area be willing to consider uping the rate of dropped boxes I might well be having a run of bad luck but so far I have not gotten any boxes for the time spent hunting in there. More boxes=goodness in my book.
Re: Gremlin hunting 08/08/2008 12:06 PM CDT
A couple of more things.

1)I almost posted asking if they were supposed to drop boxes. Then one did drop, however the drop rate is so bad as to be meaniningless. Please look at seriouly boosting the drop rate on boxes its bad really bad.

2) The loot they drop is pretty bad for level I assumed at first the loot was a function of they fact that they were skinnable, then I tried skinning them and relized they were not skinnable. Considering they effectivly carry no boxes and are not skinnable dropping a few bronze maybe a silver or three and usually one or two small gems is not really very good at level.

If you can't simply check to see if the loot drop rate is at level I can acually keep track however if you can look it up it would be alot easier.

Thanks,