PARTY TENT 03/17/2014 06:32 AM CDT

Would love to be able to rent an Estate holder party tent that attaches or stand near my house for x number of hours. Could throw big parties! Could throw intimate parties for just the family or a few friends! What I would love to see come with the tent --

1) Hot tub!
2) Food! (Sammiches, of course.)
3) Drinks! (Booze, of course.)
4) Dance Floor.
5) If not a hot tub - pool!
6) Gifts. (For a Real Life price?)
7) Private party merchant/alterations. (For Real Life price? Limited number of guests to use.)
8) Invitation/Secret Password.
9) One Game.
10) GM in attendance for special effects like after dinner fireworks or sudden death due to food poisoning (LOL!).

I know this sounds like a wedding package of sorts, so I'm prolly dreaming. But if a couple of tents with themes could be designed, say Birthday Party; Hot Tub Party; Elegant Dinner Party; Private Tea Party; Engagement Party; Alterer Party, Anniversary Party; Achievement Party; etc. I have lots of ideas.

DR could charge RL prices that match with how much/which type of event you choose. These would be priced under that of a wedding. The tent could appear at your house either attached or in your front yard. Would be fun for the characters and maybe generate a little cash for the company.

And before the players give me 10,000 reasons why this can't be done or shouldn't be done ... step back. Hold your breath. I person can dream if they want too. ::grin::

Player Behind Lorwryn

Re: PARTY TENT 03/17/2014 06:35 AM CDT

P.S. -- Could have an estate holder contest for party tent design!
Re: PARTY TENT 03/17/2014 08:01 AM CDT
I do believe there's a less elaborate version of this that can be rented at the little wedding place between Leth and Shard (damned if I can recall the name). It says it's for weddings, but I don't see why it couldn't be co opted for other things.

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: PARTY TENT 03/17/2014 08:04 AM CDT
https://www.play.net/dr/weddings/info/#elope

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: PARTY TENT 03/17/2014 09:23 AM CDT
<Then just distribute your invitations and tell your friends when and where the wedding will be -- on the day of the wedding, find a spot on the grounds of the abbey where you'd like to hold your reception and drop your receipt to start the party!>

I want to note that this is slightly out of date. You can also set up the tent in any room that a Wedding portal would appear in. Or any room directly adjacent to those rooms. NEWS 4 1 shows which rooms portals appear in. There does not need be a portal currently open for this to work. This allows people to have parties in many different places.

~FGM Kaarina~
Wedding Lead
Re: PARTY TENT 03/17/2014 09:26 AM CDT
With the exception of 7 and 10, I would imagine everything could easily be automated.

Maybe even steal the script for the portable towers (or fortress of ice?) but require it to be placed outside your home.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: PARTY TENT 03/17/2014 11:18 AM CDT

Thanks Raist -- but that was kinda of the point -- more elaborate. :)
Re: PARTY TENT 03/17/2014 11:31 AM CDT

Thanks Kaarina! But again, the idea is for something completely new, something different, more elaborate, for estate holders (or the general public) and DR can make some coin. Lately, you see a lot of player/order sponsored events becoming more popular. Weddings are expensive. (But well worth it!!!). Why not jump on the current trend of folks wanting to get together, eat some food, drink some booze, play a game, jump in a hot tub, etc. I would definitely lay out RL coin to rent a party tent for an evening to have some fun. Seriously! Theme tents would allow celebrations for character birthdays, character achievements (no more GM parties for obtaining 100 anymore so let the players do it for themselves), engagement parties, family parties (families seem to be getting big again in DR); etc. So this would fall between a player scrounging up stuff for a picnic, but be better than the tent you can already rent and yet, not expensive or elaborate as a wedding. Plus you can have it at your home. An estate holder could choose from already established tent themes (like wedding areas) for a basic price, say the price of a quest, and then add on other things (for a price each) like a game, or having a GM do fireworks or something, or being able to design a single gift. If the idea for estate holders only having excess ... put it up under events similar to weddings and/or in the Simucoin Store.

It does appear to be very popular to hold little mini-events. DR should take advantage of the going trend. Make some cash and some happy subscribers!

Thanks for listening and thanks for responding.

Player Behind Lorwryn
Re: PARTY TENT 03/17/2014 11:32 AM CDT

Items 7 and 10 could cost more - in RL. I think folks would pay for it. I know I would.
Re: PARTY TENT 03/19/2014 01:13 AM CDT
Yup. A good idea.

~~~
True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost.
Re: PARTY TENT 03/23/2014 02:10 AM CDT
I very much want this sort of thing.

===
My spathas at hand,
From the ashes I rise,
With resolve in my heart,
And fire in my eyes.