Large Instruments for the Home 11/13/2013 08:35 PM CST
I'm sure this has been talked about before, but I wanted to mention it again since I'm currently in Ratha and in love with the standing harpsichord at the theater that you can practice and play on.

[Hotagi'rath Theater, Rehearsal Hall]
Heavily quilted pads strategically blanket each wall, aiding the area's overall acoustics and muting from the rest of the theater any disruptive off-key notes created by practicing musicians. Donated by the Rathan High Council of Nine to encourage fledgling talents, a walnut harpsichord facing a padded bench, an ebonwood cello leaning against a straight-backed chair and some tall island drums hiding a bamboo stool are situated in front of shelves stacked with replacement tools needed to play them. You also see a curtained arch.
Obvious exits: none.

>app harp careful
The walnut harpsichord appears to be a stringed instrument.
You are certain that the walnut harpsichord is crafted from wood.
You are certain that the walnut harpsichord is of good quality.
You are pretty sure that the walnut harpsichord is immovable.
You are certain that the walnut harpsichord is worth exactly nothing.
Roundtime: 16 seconds.

It is so so so much fun to be able to sit on a bench and practice my scales on the harpsichord.

Please. Could we get an immovable instrument shop for homes?

Shenney
Re: Large Instruments for the Home 11/13/2013 09:01 PM CST
Right now there isn't a very good way for them to work in the way regular instruments do (ie. teaching, being able to play scales).

The immovable instruments you see in the Crossing Bard guild and the Theater are set up differently, and I'm not really sure what's the best course of action at this time for these types of instruments.

It's not completely off the table though, its just sort of half-on half-off.

~Evike
Re: Large Instruments for the Home 11/13/2013 09:40 PM CST
>>I'm not really sure what's the best course of action at this time for these types of instruments.

Bard-themed housing zone with instruments in the general population areas. :D

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Large Instruments for the Home 11/13/2013 10:08 PM CST
>Bard-themed housing zone with instruments in the general population areas. :D

Too easy of a target. I think mostly the problem I have is I'd rather release home instruments that are actually INSTRUMENTS in the playable sense rather than a shell of an instrument that can just kind of occasionally sound pretty. Its something I'm torn on because I'd love to be able to have home instruments for people, I just want to give quality over q-stuff.

~Evike
Re: Large Instruments for the Home 11/13/2013 10:34 PM CST

<<It's not completely off the table though, its just sort of half-on half-off.>>

Thanks for the update, Evike! The clavichord in the Crossing Bard guild is an odd one. I don't think you can actually play it the way we can play normal instruments and the Ratha Theater ones. The clavichord does a skill check to see how much performing you have, but then it's just gives a fluff messaging dependent on your skill.

Shenney
Re: Large Instruments for the Home 11/14/2013 07:49 AM CST
>>home instruments that are actually INSTRUMENTS in the playable sense

I think houses in the same "room" as a house with someone playing an instrument should be able to hear it, and outside the house.

This way people can start complaining about their "rock star" neighbors.

Player of Diggan, Ranger & Halfing of Aesry