Estate Holder Charity Auction - June 27th @ 9 pm ET 06/05/2020 01:43 PM CDT
After hearing about the plight of poor orphans in Crossing and other lands, Lady Jamirah has decided to invite Estate Holders to a special auction in Fang Cove where she hopes to raise funds to donate to the Crossing Orphanage.

The Owirvald Auction Company will be setting up their caravan along Fate's Fortune Lane in Fang Cove, just east of the Portals.

Once she's finalized her merchant contracts, more details about the prizes will be made available.
Re: Estate Holder Charity Auction - June 27th @ 9 pm ET 06/05/2020 04:11 PM CDT
Thank you for setting this up! I can't wait to see what sort of fun things crop up.

Inauri
Re: Estate Holder Charity Auction - June 27th @ 9 pm ET 06/21/2020 08:38 PM CDT
Hi Tullie,

Thank you for putting this together! Any chance you're taking suggestions on items for this auction? <sneezes Rellecke voucher> Also, any chance we could get a sneak peek at the list? From my perspective, the monthly gifts are fun items but typically limited in utility so I admit the optics of a quality auction for estate holders really makes me excited and adds value to the subscription!

V
Re: Estate Holder Charity Auction - June 27th @ 9 pm ET 06/25/2020 03:17 PM CDT
<Once she's finalized her merchant contracts, more details about the prizes will be made available.

Any more information about what might be up for auction in two days?
Re: Estate Holder Charity Auction - June 27th @ 9 pm ET 06/25/2020 05:17 PM CDT
<<Any more information about what might be up for auction in two days?>>

There should be an Infotorial Preview Post up here on the forums for you all sometime tomorrow. Let's get this weekend started! :D

Lawlite
Re: Estate Holder Charity Auction - June 27th @ 9 pm ET 06/25/2020 07:53 PM CDT
<Let's get this weekend started! :D

Lawlite in da house!

V
Re: Estate Holder Charity Auction - June 27th @ 9 pm ET 06/27/2020 02:41 PM CDT
What currency is the auction in? Where should we deposit coins to be able to bid?
Re: Estate Holder Charity Auction - June 27th @ 9 pm ET 06/27/2020 04:46 PM CDT
<<Is there any chance, in the future, you might have a LTB auction?>>

No current plans that I am aware of.

<<Any chance we could pick up and handle these items in Test? Would be nice to try out some of the verbs. :)>>

It's not really a simple flick of the switch. The request is noted but this currently isn't A Thing.

<<Will items be auctioned that are not on this list? Or is this the full list? Thanks :)>>

That is the full list.

<<What currency is the auction in? Where should we deposit coins to be able to bid?>>

Dokoras. You need them ON your character in order to use them for bidding.

Lawlite
Re: Estate Holder Charity Auction - June 27th @ 9 pm ET 06/27/2020 04:48 PM CDT
Auction is in dokoras since Fang Cove is in Ilithi (and the event calendar says dokoras). Most auctions require you to bid with the coin you have on your character and mechanically won't allow you to make bids you can't immediately cover with the bidding character. There is a bank in Fang Cove if you wanted to deposit your coin there first, in preparation for taking it out just before the auction. Fang Cove's bank is tied with a few others at a 3% exchange rate fee.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Main_Page
Re: Estate Holder Charity Auction - June 27th @ 9 pm ET 06/28/2020 01:59 PM CDT
Since we didn't have access to items inside containers for the auction preview and no way to interact with the auction items beforehand (other than appraising surface-level items) I was curious if this was really the appraisal for an auction level item at the Estate Holder auction last night:

The khiynit jacket is light armor.

The jacket looks like it offers protection for the following areas:

right arm
left arm
chest
abdomen
back

You feel certain that a stylish amber khiynit jacket embossed with a pattern of tiny suns appears to impose moderate (4/8) maneuvering hindrance and light (2/8) stealth hindrance, offering:
moderate (4/15) protection and moderate (6/17) damage absorption for puncture attacks.
moderate (4/15) protection and moderate (6/17) damage absorption for slice attacks.
good (5/15) protection and moderate (6/17) damage absorption for impact attacks.
low (2/15) protection and moderate (6/17) damage absorption for fire attacks.
fair (3/15) protection and moderate (6/17) damage absorption for cold attacks.
moderate (4/15) protection and moderate (6/17) damage absorption for electrical attacks.

If you were only wearing a stylish amber khiynit jacket embossed with a pattern of tiny suns you could expect your maneuvering to be minimally (2/14) hindered and your stealth to be minimally (2/14) hindered.

You are certain that the khiynit jacket is marginally vulnerable to damage (8/18), and is in pristine condition (99-100%).

The khiynit jacket is moderately soft.
You are certain that the khiynit jacket weighs exactly 350 stones.
You think it is likely that the khiynit jacket is worth exactly 4600200 Dokoras.
Roundtime: 8 seconds.

If the above appraisal is accurate and not someone on Discord playing a joke; surely that template chosen by mistake. That is a rock troll c coat appraisal (with the exception of it's appraisal value). The auction preview post also clearly said a clothing item set was in the backpack, not armor items and certainly not reskinned armor items that have been considered critter scavenged junk for the last 20 years. I'm confused.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Main_Page
Re: Estate Holder Charity Auction - June 27th @ 9 pm ET 06/28/2020 08:25 PM CDT
Posting my thanks to all the GMs that put in the work to make all those items and organize the auction!

It was really fun to see some items go for stupid money and even some in an affordable bracket. It really felt like overall, there was a good spread of fluffery.

---
Inauri
Re: Estate Holder Charity Auction - June 27th @ 9 pm ET 06/29/2020 12:35 AM CDT
I enjoyed it too. Nice to have something light and fun!

For next time, one of those Zoluren gems please. Oh and maybe a cool instrument. :)

- Navesi

The First Land Herald -- Zoluren's newspaper. https://elanthipedia.play.net/The_First_Land_Herald