Premium Meeting 2017-06-18 Part 2 06/18/2017 11:13 PM CDT
Hammerfist says, "Ok first off i was asking the lady hear a question."

Nimthiriel says, "If I may, there have been individuals who have stated in venues outside of the game, that they have been given heads up about events happening."

Nimthiriel says, "Just throwing another viewpoint out there."

Iocanthe says, "If you can please provide those names to Feedback, we can address it. If all we have is "some guy said that some guy said that some guy said" that does make it a bit harder to track down."

Nimthiriel nods.

Nimthiriel says, "I understand."

Hammerfist says, "Hey read the forums where it was laid out that they had meetings and stuff and yada yada. Again it's ok because it needs to be that way sometimes and i really don't think anyone here is involved in being there when things happen than myself."

Iocanthe says, "I'm not sure what else to say about that particular aspect of things except, this is not a new story. It has been brought up numerous times for years, but it seems.. difficult to pin down. Nobody I've asked has been willing (or able?) to say a name."

Iocanthe says, "So while I do take the idea seriously, it ends up being a bit ephemeral, without any names."

Hammerfist smiles and gives the thumbs up

Hammerfist noisily licks his chops.

Hammerfist says, "No one did anything wrong to name."

Hammerfist shrugs.

Iocanthe nods.

Iocanthe says, "So, summarizing the "how to get involved" -- I'll leave it at, be there, be present, be responsive."
With slow and patient words, Hammerfist shows you a complicated aspect of First Aid that has always eluded your understanding.

Iocanthe says, "And if you do have names, please don't keep them to yourself."

Nimthiriel nods.

Iocanthe smiles.

Anjinson says, "To me, it always seems like a silly debate. Never any names, just mostly a game of telephone."

Iocanthe says, "If something bad is happening, we need to address it. And that's probably enough said about that."

Anjinson nods to Iocanthe.

Hammerfist says, "No need for a debate i was just wondering how to get closer to that is all and it was answered."

Iocanthe nods to Hammerfist.

Iocanthe smiles.

Anjinson says to Hammerfist, "Yea, just saying in general on that topic."

Caraamon is next.

Iocanthe exclaims, "And.. last question!"

Iocanthe smiles at you.

You loudly say, "So not a question, but a suggestion to you guys for a different type of alteration experience."

Iocanthe says, "Tell me the thing."

You loudly say, "The glaes spatula thing just gave me the idea for a chef alterer where we could go describe custom foods and get them prepared."

Hammerfist says to Anjinson, "When i find the correct place in the forums i'll send you the info so you can see what i was asking about."

Anjinson nods to Hammerfist.

You loudly say, "Just a thought that popped into my head that I thought I'd share,."

Iocanthe says, "I know that the wedding team, for a while, had various tiers, some of which included custom foods - but my information could be way out of date on that."

Iocanthe smiles.

Jhustis smiles.

Iocanthe exclaims, "Sometimes, the whole world changes when I'm blinking!"

Jhustis laughs at Iocanthe.

Iocanthe grins.

Jhustis exclaims, "Blink faster!"

Jhustis begins nagging Iocanthe unmercifully.

Jhustis snuggles up to Iocanthe.

Iocanthe exclaims, "Then it will just change faster!"

Jhustis chuckles.

Iocanthe grins.

Jhustis laughs!

Iocanthe gives Jhustis a smooch.

You loudly say, "Anyways, that's all."

Iocanthe smiles.

Jhustis nods to you.

Iocanthe says, "I do want to get one other idea out there."

Iocanthe says, "We also have a few other updates and things we're working on, but they're not through QC enough to be able to say "Hey, we have a thing" but some of them are pretty nifty, and I hope that, without being able to say anything about them, that you'll stick around to enjoy them when they're ready."

Iocanthe grins like an idiot.

Iocanthe asks, "How's that for vague GM-Simuspeak?"

Iocanthe just closed the question list.

Iocanthe says, "I do want to thank you for being here."

Anjinson asks Iocanthe, "Can one of those things be treasure map options?"

Anjinson grins at Iocanthe.

Jhustis says to Iocanthe, "Well played, you teaser."

Jhustis chuckles.

Iocanthe says, "Sometimes, the topics aren't the super-happiest ones, and sometimes, they're really outside what I can answer right away, but I'm glad to be able to hear what's on your minds."

Iocanthe ponders.

Iocanthe asks, "Treasu.. you want MORE treasure maps?"

Iocanthe babbles something incoherent at Anjinson.

Anjinson says to Iocanthe, "When don't I."

Jhustis says, "Seriously."

Iocanthe ponders.

Iocanthe grins.

Jhustis says, "Anjinson is like the Treasure Map King."

Miskton says, "Since Caraamon brought up the Glaes Spatula thing, I just want to throw out that that was one of my favorite RP experiences in quite a while. And I didn't know going into it that we'd get our dishes made into items, which honestly I thought was even cooler than the actual prizes."

Miskton grins.

Iocanthe nods to Miskton.

Jhustis smiles at Miskton.

Anjinson says to Jhustis, "Well, thank you."

Jhustis chuckles at Anjinson.

Iocanthe says, "That was a really creative idea and I am so glad to work with people who come up with stuff like that."

Anjinson says to Jhustis, "Maybe I'll find a crown."

Iocanthe grins.

Jhustis ponders.

Jhustis exclaims to Anjinson, "Anything could happen!"

Jhustis grins at Anjinson.

Anjinson grins at Jhustis.

Iocanthe says, "Now I'm picturing Anjinson tracking down a treasure map that leads to a treasure map that leads to a treasure map that leads to..."

Raeyel wraps his arms around Jhustis, giving Jhustis a great big bear hug!

Raeyel hugs Iocanthe, who wraps her arms around Raeyel with a warm smile.

Jhustis smiles at Raeyel.

Anjinson asks Iocanthe, "Please?"

Iocanthe grins at Anjinson.

Anjinson says to Iocanthe, "That sounds great actually."

Nimthiriel frowns, shaking her head with an expression of exasperation before resting her face in the palm of her hand.

Miskton says, "And in the final box, a note saying that the real treasure was friendship all along."

Jhustis exclaims, "I like it! She's a genius!"

Iocanthe says, "We'll never see Anjinson again.. he'll just be off tracking down the chain of treasure maps."

Jhustis jots down some notes.

Anjinson says, "Many would cheer."

Anjinson chuckles.

Jhustis says, "Absolutely."

Jhustis grins.

Iocanthe exclaims, "The prize is you get to go buy another treasure map!"

Jhustis smiles at Iocanthe.

Iocanthe says, "I hope you all have a good start to the week, and I'll see you around, in one form or another."

Iocanthe grins.

Weapons for Sale:
https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/User:CARAAMON#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: Premium Meeting 2017-06-18 Part 2 06/19/2017 01:35 AM CDT
Super frustrating to have missed this. I keep wanting to make it but haven't managed. So... I have some questions/suggestions.

I think I have some fairly easy ways to make Premium exciting again. I've talked to several premium players and we hashed over a few ideas specifically relating to fang cove.

Everyone wanted to see fang get a lot of upgrades. Make it a destination! Below are some of what we came up with.

-Stop the rotating shops so we can steal there! This would go hand in hand with putting in a bin so thieves can bin there!
-Speed up the healer a bit, and actually make them more like an empath instead of someone supplementing with herbs.
-VAULTS!
-OPEN THE SHOPS AT NIGHT! It's super great to have a ring that I can jump to fang to make my hunting on Mriss livable, but it's crappy that there's no furriers on mriss, and the one in fang closes at night. It's just frustrating.
-And just beef the repairers up so they can repair everything?
-Some high level (wyvern/armadillo/xalashar and up) hunting there. Maybe the "farmers" or whatever that run these premie only areas around the world have been paid to transport some of these creatures to Fang Cove. I would even specifically ask for a two legged, box dropping construct if someone is up for coding something. That way they are useful to the most guilds possible. Or you know what would be awesome is just rolling out the mimics from Taisdon. Just keep them from roaming, even if you had to climb into a pit or something to fight them, like a little gladiatorial fighting pit. You climb down in, then fight mimics.

It's become blatantly clear that DR is going in the way of wanting to be more profitable. Well, this is a pretty easy way to do that. Make these changes, and then make Fang Cove premie ONLY. Yes Premie ONLY. I say this because it only makes sense to want to entice people to upgrade subscriptions. You want F2P to sub, you want basics to go premie. This is an easy way.

I'll gladly write descriptions for anything needed. You can look at the "rathan thief passages" that have been QC'd and never released but were announced like 2312434 times in the last 10 years. They are floating around somewhere in the system still. I fully designed all of those rooms, and mapped them.

Now, for the next bit. I talked to Naohhi a while back about this, and she had some interesting things to say.

Microtrans... So there's a lot of really cool items for F2P accounts that would be just nice bonuses in general. So imagine if a lot of these things became benefits or account upgrades that could be had individually.

-Exp boosters- You have a model for it, and while people will complain about pay to win... I argue that it's just another viable way to increase value for estate holders.
-Inventory boosters- I know we get more slots, but how about maybe something to increase specific slots? Want to wear another necklace? Here you go. Need that one more belt or shoulder slot to really make things work? Now's your chance.
-Offline EXP Drain- How about a 5% bonus if you are premie? Not to speed, but to amount learned. Again, the goal is to make things worthwhile.
-Treasure Boost!- Works just like the F2P token. Allows any kind of monetary calc while it's active to be increased. Better prices from pawn shops, better loot dropped, better chances for the mega boxes. Whatever. F2P should want to have a paid account, regular subs should want to upgrade to premie.
-JJ Stacker- How about a single dang JJ that I can just rotate and turn. I don't mind spending the same amount, but it's dumb to have to wear "a feathered fascinator" when there's absolutely no IC reason why I would. One single item that could be turned, then rubbed would be awesome.

To address the two issues from the meeting... a lower echelon alteration just doing a tap, or like the "one little thing" would be fine by me. And I don't personally care for mounts unless they are going to help me get past obstacles like the ice road. They are too clunky, and if they aren't going to be able to joust, I really don't have a use for them. But here are some more gift/item ideas.

-CRAMPONS! Would be a nice premie gift. Works like ice skates to keep you from slipping, could be applied to any footwear, doesn't show up in look.

-Personal trash cans. Just a worn bin you can dump stuff into and it flushes to wherever. Either monthly gift, or ltb shop gift. But it would be useful.

Anyways... just some thoughts.

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.
Re: Premium Meeting 2017-06-18 Part 2 06/19/2017 01:41 AM CDT
You know, when it comes to customization of things. I NEVER had a BETTER time doing customization of something outside of an alteration as I did with my HE talisman.

You point at a streaked glass talisman suspended from an articulated Elven silver chain you have.

I understand things like that are hard to do or whatever, but that amount of customization was awesome. I really got to make it fit my character. Much better than things like the tyrium hand. Which, while nice... is a hassle to even bother to customize. But... I could totally see a system/menu thing working for the new mounts or whatever. I know I for one wouldn't even bother with them unless I could customize them somehow.

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.
Re: Premium Meeting 2017-06-18 Part 2 06/19/2017 02:26 AM CDT
>>-CRAMPONS! Would be a nice premie gift. Works like ice skates to keep you from slipping, could be applied to any footwear, doesn't show up in look.

Amazing idea.

>>You know, when it comes to customization of things. I NEVER had a BETTER time doing customization of something outside of an alteration as I did with my HE talisman.

Same here. Love mine. These were the "glass shards" from the Dergati/Peri'el event.

- Navesi
Re: Premium Meeting 2017-06-18 Part 2 06/19/2017 06:40 AM CDT
I'm lumping off of what Elec said; what keeps me from considering FC useful is the daylight only shift. When I get into a cycle where it's closed every time I need to use the facilities I write it off, and opt to go somewhere that doesn't punish me for not keeping up with a games day cycle. Heck, you could add a 1 silver fee to represent us hassling the merchants off-hours. But not more than that. Just enough to flavor RP it.

Exp boosters would be a pretty decent selling point for me. Or just let me jump a character to 50, with appropriate skills; sometimes you want to try a guild out but don't have months to spend grinding it up to where you are past the 'everything plays the same' ranks. And I don't think it would be jarring for RP considering how many F2P zombies are being burned for this purpose.

I'm with Navesi and Elec, customization menus in DR are fun. I really like the 'build your own Glaive' system up in TC, but the weapons are pretty lackluster in current DR, and it takes forever.

Also, a premium feature I was thinking about this morning that would be really nice is cambrinth extension. We've all probably got some camb sitting around that is really cool/cute/kawaiiiiiiiii, but no longer does any good in modern 'all the mana' DR.

And I know it's been mentioned a lot, but if we could get access to the forge-binding system that would be nice. GMs have said it takes as much duty power as a full alteration, but honestly, if all it did was remove all scripts from both items, then take the tap from A and put it onto B, I'd love it. That's really all I want, is some interesting looking gear with the stats I chose.
Re: Premium Meeting 2017-06-18 Part 2 06/19/2017 08:33 AM CDT
Not sure if this has been suggested before or not, but what about a LTB auction? In other words some really cool, one of a kind, incredibly rare items are auctioned off for LTBs instead of coin. (They should bond to the account.) Maybe that would be a time for a super rare mount that some might want.

Sorry I missed the meeting and appreciate all your recent efforts and input, Iocanthe.

~Gab
Re: Premium Meeting 2017-06-18 Part 2 06/19/2017 12:01 PM CDT
>Not sure if this has been suggested before or not, but what about a LTB auction? In other words some really cool, one of a kind, incredibly rare items are auctioned off for LTBs instead of coin. (They should bond to the account.) Maybe that would be a time for a super rare mount that some might want.

I love this idea!

- Felicini
Re: Premium Meeting 2017-06-18 Part 2 06/19/2017 12:11 PM CDT

I'm also loving the idea of an LTB auction. Didn't we use to have these back in the day?
Re: Premium Meeting 2017-06-18 Part 2 06/19/2017 12:42 PM CDT
LTB auction? Good idea, but if that happens I'll be sad I spent so many on box popping toothpicks instead of saving thousands of them.

You slap Voldag hard in the face with your hand, making a nice crisp smack!! That's going to leave a mark!
Re: Premium Meeting 2017-06-18 Part 2 06/19/2017 12:53 PM CDT
>>I'm lumping off of what Elec said; what keeps me from considering FC useful is the daylight only shift. When I get into a cycle where it's closed every time I need to use the facilities I write it off, and opt to go somewhere that doesn't punish me for not keeping up with a games day cycle. Heck, you could add a 1 silver fee to represent us hassling the merchants off-hours. But not more than that. Just enough to flavor RP it.

This cannot be said enough. I don't even bother with FC anymore even if it is daytime just because of this reason. One time years ago I put all my stuff in to be repaired, ran to sell a bundle, ran to the bank, and then came back to find the repair shop closed and had to wait an entire night cycle to go hunt again. Ever since then I have pretended like Fang Cove doesn't exist unless I'm hunting in some far off area(or on Plat) and need to use the auto healer.

I would even be okay with having to track the appropriate merchants down while they're wandering around town all night on guard duty, but they have to be made available at night if you want Fang Cove to be useful.
Re: Premium Meeting 2017-06-18 Part 2 06/20/2017 07:12 AM CDT
Day/Night cycles are neat for realism, but can royally suck depending on your life schedule. Fang Cove is merely one (big) example of it.

Samsaren
Re: Premium Meeting 2017-06-18 Part 2 06/20/2017 11:49 PM CDT
So - a question.

I've got an approval to make 1 of the custom mounts. These are the kind that are not useful for jousting. They're the kind where you have a summoning device, and they come hang out, you can ride them, or they'll follow you around. They're sort of like having a fancy car to go to the grocery store with.

The feedback I felt like I was hearing at the meeting was "Don't even bother building the one you're allowed to. It isn't what anyone wants."

Is that the case? They're a bit complicated to build, and if nobody wants anything like that, I can take it off the list of things to do.

The idea that people at the meeting said they wanted, new (or old/rare) "real" customizable horses is an interesting concept, but not something we'd be getting in the foreseeable future.

Your thoughts are welcome.

Thanks!

Iocanthe
Doing stuff
Re: Premium Meeting 2017-06-18 Part 2 06/21/2017 12:04 AM CDT
>>The feedback I felt like I was hearing at the meeting was "Don't even bother building the one you're allowed to. It isn't what anyone wants."

Well, if it's something that would have broad appeal, it might be worth it. I'm thinking like a warhorse (on the practical end), or something so awesome everyone will want one. But if not, I think it would be wise to put your resources elsewhere. These mounts are purely fluff and everyone in DR wants to customize their fluff.

- Navesi
Re: Premium Meeting 2017-06-18 Part 2 06/21/2017 06:15 AM CDT
If you made it able to hold something like 10 items, it wouldn't be any better/worse than a pig, or the other pets. Except you could ride it. And it wouldn't compete with a shadow servant because 10 items. But it would still have a niche.
Re: Premium Meeting 2017-06-18 Part 2 06/21/2017 07:20 AM CDT
I bet if you built a rideable monkey people would want it.

You slap Voldag hard in the face with your hand, making a nice crisp smack!! That's going to leave a mark!
Re: Premium Meeting 2017-06-18 Part 2 06/21/2017 08:29 AM CDT
As the proud owner of a goat, I think custom mounts are a lot of fun. I would certainly consider getting ones for my other characters. I have no interest in jousting.
Re: Premium Meeting 2017-06-18 Part 2 06/21/2017 08:46 AM CDT
>>As the proud owner of a goat, I think custom mounts are a lot of fun. I would certainly consider getting ones for my other characters. I have no interest in jousting.

Custom mounts are neat, but the fact that they can't be used in jousting is incredibly sad. I wouldn't get another custom mount until they're updated
Re: Premium Meeting 2017-06-18 Part 2 06/21/2017 09:40 AM CDT
I would love to have a custom mount, I never owned one before and they are pretty cool to look at. I don't really joust, so that would not be an issue.
Re: Premium Meeting 2017-06-18 Part 2 06/21/2017 11:59 AM CDT
I wouldn't use it if it was just "horse lite". But that's me personally. If it was like a pegasus or something and could skip swim/climb checks and the rope bridge, maybe so. But anything short of that which can't joust isn't worth anything to me personally. Unless it's a "one per account" thing. I'd get one and sell it. So I guess theres' that.

Monster Elec

Re: Premium Meeting 2017-06-18 Part 2 06/21/2017 09:27 PM CDT
Still listening.

If I do build a custom non-jousting mount (they're not at all compatible with the horse system - or is it that the horse system is only compatible with itself?) what might be an interesting sort?

Iocanthe
Doing stuff
Re: Premium Meeting 2017-06-18 Part 2 06/21/2017 10:20 PM CDT
Personally I've always been partial to giant bear, but I wouldn't really want to share that with everyone. Other neat possibilities: warhorse or large horse, drake, gryphon.

- Navesi
Re: Premium Meeting 2017-06-18 Part 2 06/21/2017 11:25 PM CDT
>If I do build a custom non-jousting mount (they're not at all compatible with the horse system - or is it that the horse system is only compatible with itself?) what might be an interesting sort?

Tarupamki.

Giant peccaries, oxen, donkeys, mules, bears.

Ostrich - but only if you can joust with them.
Re: Premium Meeting 2017-06-18 Part 2 06/21/2017 11:35 PM CDT
If you own a horse, can you own one of the non-jousting mounts?

>>DR-Iocanthe: If I do build a custom non-jousting mount (they're not at all compatible with the horse system - or is it that the horse system is only compatible with itself?) what might be an interesting sort?

Speaking for myself only, gryphon, anything spider/tarantula, something reptilian.

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!

Paladin new player guide: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Paladin_new_player_guide

armor and shields: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Armor_and_shield_player_guide
Re: Premium Meeting 2017-06-18 Part 2 06/22/2017 03:00 AM CDT
I would much rather see the dev time go to something beneficial to all premie subs. But that's me.

Monster Elec

Re: Premium Meeting 2017-06-18 Part 2 06/22/2017 09:26 AM CDT

I personally dislike the idea of a custom mount development hold up the entire release of the new ltb system. I would prefer that some things get released and save some of y ltb's for future development.
Re: Premium Meeting 2017-06-18 Part 2 06/22/2017 02:03 PM CDT
Mechanical snake or a big gorilla!