Premium Meeting 2017-06-18 Part 1 06/18/2017 11:13 PM CDT
[Fang Cove, Fate's Fortune Lane]
The cobblestone-covered lane stops abruptly, as if those constructing it were reassigned to more pressing projects. Other than the limestone wall, the area's sand, sparse grasses and palm trees command the as yet unworked earth from the path's unfinished end. Pallets of planters are stacked in an effort to discourage exploration into the wilds between the small community and the towering Fang's Peak that shelters it. You also see a folding cane chair with a silk-covered seat, a Zaulfungian wild boar, a box of gifts covered in bright metallic paper, a speaker's podium, a question list and a heavy wooden door leading into the Fang Cove Crafting Society.
Also here: Hodierna's Fist Kaelie, Warrior of Tieheq Raeyel, Shield Warden Heartsfyre who is sitting, Padhg, Aidoa, Herald Navesi, Hunter Hssanh, Vrallux, Sensitive Whyt, Sameera, Shop Filler Thires, GameMaster Jhustis, Visionist Miskton, Forest Wraith Nimthiriel, Everild's Fist Hammerfist and GameMaster Iocanthe.
Obvious paths: west.

Iocanthe says, "Now, to kick off my prepared words. Or say them. Kicking them isn't very useful."

Iocanthe ponders.

Iocanthe says, "Hello and welcome! Please feel free to grab yourself a gift if you'd like one."

Iocanthe appears to be trying hard not to grin.

Jhustis smiles.

Iocanthe exclaims, "Normally, I don't fret too much about who is recording, but since I am hoping to get a little more feedback from folks on the boards, I'd love it if someone can please log this and post it. Also, I have the question list open. I'm asking that you please don't join it just yet -- I will take questions at the end of my tiny presentation, and I'll say when to join for that. Thank you!"

Iocanthe says, "(and if you're the sort of person who logs and posts things and wanted to say you're doing so, that would be fantastic, too!)."

Iocanthe smiles.

Iocanthe says, "My brains, lately.. have been eaten by things."

Iocanthe exclaims, "LTB shop is my life! There are 9 scripts currently in for updates (then they'll need QCs). There are approximately 140 items ready for QC now, with a few more to build and get through QC. I can't say it is entirely done, but I can say it has never been closer than it is right now!"

Iocanthe says, "I'm picking up behind some folks who have done amazing work, but there's still a long way to go."

Iocanthe grins.

Iocanthe exclaims, "As someone who inherited the task, I have bumped into a few questions. Some, folks on staff have been able to help with. Others, the questions linger. The following two things are some that we don't have enough information on just now. As I say these next two things, if you know the answers, please join the list!"

Iocanthe says, "(this is the section where I ask you guys questions!)."

Iocanthe says, "1. At some point, someone asked for a lower tier alteration scroll. What would this mean? Would it be like a just-one-thing list where you can change green boots to brown boots, or was this a wish for something else? (Please feel free to answer on the boards, if you're reading this later.)."

Iocanthe says, "And.."

Iocanthe says, "2. Someone also asked for a unique summonable mount. These are complicated, but do-able. They wouldn't work for things like jousting. They're basically a nifty status symbol. As a concept, it could use a little fleshing-out. What do you think this sort of thing should look like? What sort of personality should it have? (This is another thing for folks to respond to on the boards with ideas.)."

Iocanthe says, "If anyone here has more information than just "lower tier alteration scrolls" and "unique summonable mount", now is the time to join the list."

Iocanthe grins.

Iocanthe hums happily to herself.

Navesi is next.

Iocanthe asks, "Hi Navesi! Tell the things you know?"

Iocanthe grins.

Jhustis smiles.

Navesi says, "So, I don't necessarily know what the authors of those requests wanted, but I can tell you my own interpretation and what I think would be best."

Navesi says, "First, there are really two sorts of lower tier alterations. The first is a change to the TAP only. The second is more like what you said, something like a word or two changed, or a color changed."

Iocanthe says, "I'll take ideas at this point. If someone knows for sure that there was something else determined already, please do join the list but yes, please share."

Navesi says, "I think plenty of people would be happy with a TAP only change, but you might offer the second option too at an even lower price."

Navesi says, "As far as a unique summonable mount, my strong recommendation would be to create a sort of 'menu' to allow options. Otherwise we all end up with the same gryphon, or whatever, and it no longer feels unique and special."

Iocanthe ponders.

Navesi says, "You might do something like a menu for creature type, coloration, and personality."

Navesi says, "Of course that is much more work for you."

Navesi smiles.

Iocanthe says, "They're one of the more complicated things that I've worked on.. automating them might be something that would delay them a bit."

Heartsfyre says, "Could lay down a bare bones type."

Navesi says, "But at the very least, a small selection would greatly help to make them feel special."

Iocanthe says, "But I am taking notes."

Iocanthe says, "The only thing we've got approval for is a single one."

Iocanthe says, "They are not jousting mounts. Just status symbol kinda things."

Navesi says, "Also, I should mention that in general, menus are things I see used rarely in DR, and I think they should be used a lot more."

Jhustis's tail undulates passively just above the ground.

Jhustis smiles at Navesi.

Navesi says, "We all want to be unique."

Navesi flashes a quick grin.

Iocanthe nods.

Iocanthe says, "That is understandable."

Iocanthe smiles.

Navesi says, "For example, the spellbooks were super neat. Doesn't have to be that fancy though."

Iocanthe says, "I can make unique shields all day."

Iocanthe says, "Creatures with 40 lines of messaging.. take longer and need a lot more approvals."

Iocanthe grins.

Jhustis chuckles.

Navesi nods in agreement.

Jhustis ponders.

Iocanthe says, "I do thank you for that information. It is on the list."

Iocanthe smiles.

Heartsfyre says, "Should do a platform like horses. cept each town with a different type of critter to choose. then once picked be bondable with a medallion."

Iocanthe asks, "Anything else, before I nab the next person?"

Navesi says, "Right, and that is maybe an option you could take to a vote of some sort? But personally I'd probably not buy a mount if I knew it was going to be the same as everyone else's."

Iocanthe smiles.

Navesi says, "Next is good."

Iocanthe nods to Navesi.

Iocanthe says, "We are trying to get a decent variety of useful and RP-related things into the store - but I hold no illusion that I'm going to put any one thing in there that everyone wants."

Iocanthe says, "(I'm trying to take out things that I'm fairly sure nobody at all wants - but I'm hoping that the things that go in, some people will want this thing, other people will want the other thing)."

Iocanthe says, "If that makes sense."

Iocanthe smiles.

Iocanthe exclaims, "Okay, moving on!"

Padhg is next.

Iocanthe smiles at Padhg.

Padhg says, "Hello."

Padhg bows to Iocanthe.

Iocanthe asks, "Hello Padhg. What information do you have about lower tier alterations or custom mounts?"

Padhg says, "First, just for historical records... the easier/lower tier alterations were going to be TAP only."

Iocanthe nods to Padhg.

Padhg says, "And the higher ones would be like they are today. For awhile LTB alterations were pretty lenient and allowed scripted things like celestial gems even."

Iocanthe ponders.

Padhg says, "I know the official policy has not changed, but it was something that was allowed for a time."

Jhustis grins at Iocanthe.

Iocanthe nods.

Padhg says, "For the items, I know a few of us were excited about embiggeners being on sale. There was a list that Naohhi let out."

Iocanthe says, "It might have had something to do with whoever was wearing the Loriale mask at the time. I'd be nervous that the item would break. (I've broken a thing or two with the scroll system. Not fun. Yeouch.)."

Iocanthe nods to Padhg.

Raeyel adds his name to the question list.

Jhustis appears to be trying hard not to grin.

Iocanthe says, "One of the board monitors got me the old list, and the current SGMs have given me a list of approved things."

Padhg says, "Great I don't have to find it again."

Iocanthe grins.

Iocanthe nods.

Jhustis smiles at Padhg.

Iocanthe says, "The list of approved items is fairly similar to what Naohhi was working on."

Padhg says, "That was all, I didn't remember much about the mount other than it being a suggestion."

Iocanthe says, "A few updates, a few notes about "those were not actually approved" and some "what did this mean?" like.. custom mounts and lower tier alterations."

Iocanthe grins.

Iocanthe says, "Hence tonight's questions."

Iocanthe nods to Padhg.

Padhg nods.

Iocanthe smiles.

Padhg says, "I may have the old sessions logged somewhere if you're curious."

Iocanthe says, "Could be interesting, though if there was discussion about things that the SGMs haven't approved, it'd be kinda academic."

Padhg says, "And with that I'll bow out and stop talking too much."

Jhustis smiles at Padhg.

Hssanh crisply says, "List small, talk more."

Hssanh nods to Padhg.

Jhustis grins at Hssanh.

Iocanthe says, "Thank you for letting me know that."

Iocanthe hums an impressive light-hearted tune that leaves you feeling happier for some reason.

Jhustis blows kisses to the sky.

Caraamon is next.

Iocanthe smiles at you.

You loudly say, "I have less information and more a request: I would be absolutely thrilled if tarupamki were one of the options for mounts."

Iocanthe laughs!

Heartsfyre adds her name to the question list.

You loudly say, "I've been trying to get one of those for decades."

Iocanthe exclaims, "Navak would be so sad!"

Jhustis chuckles.

You loudly exclaim, "Navak had his turn!"

You shake your fist!

Iocanthe grins at you.

Jhustis chuckles at you!

Padhg bounces up and down, pointing at you and chanting "I want a piggyback ride!"

Jhustis smirks.

You grin.

Iocanthe says, "I'll note the request, anyway."

You loudly say, "That's all I got."

Iocanthe nods to you.

Raeyel is next.

Iocanthe smiles at Raeyel.

Raeyel says, "Ok two questions."

Hssanh adds his name to the question list.

Iocanthe exclaims, "Right now is not questions time for you!"

Iocanthe asks, "Do you have answers to either of my two questions?"

Heartsfyre says to Raeyel, "Say yes."

Jhustis gazes up at the sky.

Iocanthe says, "Your turn for questions is coming up shortly."

Iocanthe grins.

Raeyel says, "Returning of horse breeds for the mounts."

Kaelie nods at Raeyel, obviously agreeing with his views.

Kaelie lets out a hearty cheer for Raeyel!

Raeyel says, "Like the old ones you cant find anymore."

Heartsfyre gets a tiny mechanical Haramorlam horse from inside her feyweave pouch.

The Haramorlam horse lifts effortlessly into the air, its hooves creating the merest whisper of a breeze. It hovers for a moment, then drops back to Heartsfyre's hand.

Iocanthe ponders.

Heartsfyre snuggles a tiny mechanical Haramorlam horse in her arms.

Raeyel exclaims, "Exactly!"

Heartsfyre points at a tiny mechanical Haramorlam horse she has.

Heartsfyre's Haramorlam horse sends its long tongue out to taste her thumb.

Raeyel points at Heartsfyre.

Raeyel nods emphatically.

Iocanthe asks, "So you'd want a custom mount that isn't quite like the real horses?"

Jhustis says, "Or maybe one of the rare breeds."

Kaelie says, "The return of the real horses."

Kaelie nods.

Heartsfyre nods at Kaelie, obviously agreeing with her views.

Jhustis nods.

Raeyel says, "Yeah like an Albarian style horse."

Raeyel says, "Like a winter style mount, like nordic horses."

Iocanthe says, "That is an idea that might have potential in a couple of directions."

Jhustis says, "House Linlaig has secured the rights to those rare breeds."

Hammerfist mutters something into the air about would ride a giant chicken.

Jhustis grins at Hammerfist.

Raeyel asks, "Yeah and where are they?"

Jhustis says, "Leth Deriel."

Jhustis says, "Yanno...the Mayor's family."

Heartsfyre says, "Or a Hib style pony.."

Jhustis smiles at Raeyel.

Raeyel says, "Besides, I say we kill them and let the horses be free."

Kaelie says to Raeyel, "Leth Deriel. I suggest we get booze liquor them up and horse wrangle."

Raeyel says, "Yeah but you can never talk to the jackwagon."

Iocanthe says, "I.. think we've gotten a bit off track."

Iocanthe shifts her weight.

Raeyel says, "Ill shut up now."

Raeyel gazes down at the ground.

Iocanthe grins at Raeyel.

Iocanthe hugs Raeyel, who wraps his arms around Iocanthe with a warm smile.

Iocanthe says, "Thank you for sharing the idea. Even if it doesn't work out for what we're doing with the LTB shop, I am sure it will get to the right ears."

Iocanthe smiles.

Iocanthe grins.

Raeyel says, "Thank you."

Raeyel blushes a bright red color.

Iocanthe nods.

Heartsfyre is next.

Iocanthe smiles harts

Iocanthe smiles at Heartsfyre.

Heartsfyre says, "So, I was thinking up on what Navesi said about the LTB.. to have just a tap change."

Jhustis smiles at Iocanthe.

Jhustis chuckles.

Iocanthe nods to Heartsfyre.

Jhustis nods to Heartsfyre.

Heartsfyre says, "That would be big so support a totally different tap based upon your style."

Iocanthe ponders.

Iocanthe says, "When we talk about tap we mean.."

Iocanthe taps a ball of lint that she is wearing.

Jhustis squints at Iocanthe.

Heartsfyre says, "So for example. if you had some boots. and they were leather. just plain. here comes a scroll. and they are diamond-hide boots."

Jhustis dusts off Iocanthe.

Iocanthe ponders.

Heartsfyre says, "Still the same style same platform but the look is different."

Iocanthe says, "Well, that's relatively close to what we do with the scrolls now - and changing to a rare material, we have to catch up with you and collect the stuff and.. such."

Heartsfyre says, "Its a one thing only type deal."

Iocanthe nods.

Heartsfyre asks, "Well ya have to shase us on the look anyways.. am i right?"

Heartsfyre says, "Or whatever the scroll is to be."

Iocanthe says, "The scrolls, we end up writing back and forth until the idea lines up with the rules and such - the closer your original idea is, the fewer times we write back and forth."

Heartsfyre nods to Iocanthe.

Jhustis's tail undulates passively just above the ground.

Heartsfyre says, "Yeah. but this would only happen once. instead of a back and forth deal."

Iocanthe says, "With the scrolls we have now, if you're wanting to add rare materials that you have to provide, we have to find time when we're both online to do the transfer."

Iocanthe says, "I'm just saying that a tap change could be as complicated as what we've got already - or as simple, since some folks submit an idea that can be turned around in one exchange."

Jhustis gives a slight nod.

You loudly say, "Too bad you can't just write up a hopper where we could drop off rare materials..."

Heartsfyre says, "So, maybe it wouldnt need to be a rare material. maybe just a tap (some black boots) to. Some nightmare black boots.."

Iocanthe ponders.

Iocanthe says, "That is an interesting idea."

Iocanthe nods to you.

Jhustis nods to Iocanthe.

Heartsfyre nods to you.

Heartsfyre says, "Also. on the mounts I have an idea.."

Heartsfyre says, "We do have a race generator, that can give each person a bit of difference on their looks."

Iocanthe says, "We do. It is fairly huge and unwieldy, but we do."

Iocanthe nods.

Heartsfyre says, "Lets say we have one for the mounts? like 10 of the rarest form of animals in the world.. each a differnt look, each a different eye color.."

Heartsfyre says, "Something that will differentiate between each other."

Heartsfyre says, "Not everyone will want red eyed war mammoths.."

Jhustis exclaims, "Wut?! Why not?!"

Jhustis gazes off into the distance.

Heartsfyre grins.

Iocanthe says, "I know it sounds like a very easy thing, but to code up something like that would take quite a lot of time and man hours."

Raeyel says, "Cause I want a blue eyed one."

Raeyel nods.

Jhustis grins at Raeyel.

Heartsfyre asks, "Why not piggyback the racial?"

Heartsfyre peers quizzically at Iocanthe.

Jhustis tilts her head to one side.

Iocanthe says, "Because that is tens of thousands of lines of code, with multiple scripts, all of which have the potential to ruin dozens of other scripts."

Heartsfyre gives a slight nod.

Jhustis nods to Raeyel.

Jhustis chuckles.

Iocanthe says, "There are some scripts that don't touch too many others. The character generation system .. is a monster."

Heartsfyre says, "Im not the smartest on this stuff. and believe me. i never will. But I just wanted that out there to show it was thought up."

Heartsfyre grins.

Heartsfyre says, "And I am done."

Jhustis ponders.

Heartsfyre grins.

Iocanthe smiles harts

Iocanthe flails her arms about.

Heartsfyre winks at Iocanthe.

Iocanthe says, "My finger apparently is.. not working."

Iocanthe laughs!

Iocanthe hugs Heartsfyre, who wraps her arms around Iocanthe with a warm smile.

Iocanthe exclaims, "There. I can't smile but I can hug!"

Iocanthe grins.

Heartsfyre beams at Iocanthe!

Heartsfyre hugs Iocanthe, who wraps her arms around Heartsfyre with a warm smile.

Iocanthe hums happily to herself.

Hssanh is next.

Hssanh hums to himself.

Hssanh crisply says, "Ok. Is wonder. Easy question. First, Liave is amazing."

Iocanthe asks, "Hi there, Hssanh. What do you know about a unique custom mount or the lower tier alteration ideas?"

Hssanh crisply says, "Oh, know little of those things."

Hssanh crisply asks, "Only topic, those?"

Jhustis smiles at Hssanh.

Iocanthe says, "(Also, now, if you have questions, is a fine time to join the list for me to field your questions and maybe even answer them.)."

Nimthiriel adds her name to the question list.

Heartsfyre says, "Now its other questions."

Heartsfyre winks at Hssanh.

Iocanthe says, "First round for the list was me asking you questions. Second round for the list is me fielding your questions."

Raeyel adds his name to the question list.

Iocanthe casually observes the area.

Hssanh crisply says, "Oh! Yes. No question on that then. Second list."

Iocanthe asks, "Does anyone mind if I try to answer Hssanh's questions?"

Iocanthe grins.

Jhustis smiles.

Hssanh makes a chirring noise in the back of his throat.

Heartsfyre says, "I do not mind."

Iocanthe exclaims, "Okay, then. Please ask your question, Hssanh!"

Heartsfyre grins at Hssanh.

Hssanh crisply asks, "Ok. Easy one. Long before, merchants visit Fang Cove. Will many kinds come again?"

Jhustis smiles.

Hssanh crisply says, "On a monthly sort. I know one came. S'kra recent. In Hib. Was sudden, but still, good."

Iocanthe says, "I can be fairly sure of a few whose time will free up after the LTB shop is done."

Iocanthe stares blankly into the distance.

Iocanthe grins.

Hssanh nods to Iocanthe.

Heartsfyre adds her name to the question list.

Padhg adds his name to the question list.

Iocanthe smiles.

Hssanh nods to Iocanthe.

Hssanh crisply says, "Is all! Was easy one. Good knowing though too."

Iocanthe says, "The council is always working on luring more folks over to the cabana.. we'll see what who we can find."

Iocanthe says, "Just in case anyone gets bored with the folks who have been available."

Nimthiriel is next.

Iocanthe smiles at Nimthiriel.

Jhustis nods politely to Hssanh.

Nimthiriel says, "I have two questions, if that is ok."

Iocanthe says, "Thank you for patiently waiting."

Iocanthe says, "I'll do my best to answer."

Hammerfist adds his name to the question list.

Nimthiriel says, "My first is, is there anything new coming up development wise for rangers. The second, I'm not sure if this is a reality at this time or not, but it would be nice if premie areas were ranger friendly."

Nimthiriel smiles.

Iocanthe says, "First one, I honestly don't have an answer to."

Nimthiriel nods.

Nimthiriel says, "Rangers would appreciate some love."

Nimthiriel says, "Just sayin."

Nimthiriel smiles.

Jhustis smiles.

Iocanthe says, "Second one, if there's a Premium hunting area where it looks like it should be Ranger-friendly at it isn't, please submit a BUG report so I can look at specifics."

Nimthiriel nods.

Nimthiriel says, "Will do."

Nimthiriel smiles.

Nimthiriel says, "Thank you."

Iocanthe smiles.

Hammerfist says, "Amusment park."

Nimthiriel says, "Aye, the amusement park."

Nimthiriel says, "Isn't friendly."

Nimthiriel blushes, the tips of her ears turning a delicate scarlet hue.

Nimthiriel says, "Forgot."

Nimthiriel blushes, the tips of her ears turning a delicate scarlet hue.

Iocanthe says, "I will keep my eyes peeled for any Ranger development, and will try to see if there's stuff we can wrangle for Premium folks from it."

Iocanthe ponders.

Nimthiriel says, "Thanks."

Iocanthe says, "The Amusement Park is kind of in town.. I mean, it is on a pier, but it is still in town kinda."

Iocanthe ponders.

Iocanthe says, "But please do submit the reports for stuff that looks like it should really be wildernessy so we can look at them."

Nimthiriel says, "I understand, but being a ranger and premie...it would be a nice perk."

Iocanthe nods to Nimthiriel.

Nimthiriel nods.

Nimthiriel says, "Most of Aesry is not friendly either."

Iocanthe says, "There are some places where we end up kind of neutral for everyone who would need it one way or another..."

Nimthiriel says, "Which is odd."

Nimthiriel nods.

Jhustis says, "I'll take a look at Aesry."

Jhustis nods to Nimthiriel.

Nimthiriel says, "Thanks."

Iocanthe says, "We don't want to absolutely ruin the day for Rangers, but we wouldn't want to ruin the day for.. not-Rangers, either."

Nimthiriel nods.

Jhustis nods in agreement.

Iocanthe smiles.

Raeyel is next.

Iocanthe smiles at Raeyel.

Iocanthe exclaims, "Your turn for questions!"

Raeyel asks, "Ok, I got three questions, two are kinda part of one to be honest, if thats cool?"

Jhustis grins at Raeyel.

Jhustis exclaims, "Not cool!"

Jhustis says, "Sorry, go ahead."

Raeyel falls over.

Jhustis chuckles.

Raeyel leaps to his feet!

Iocanthe says, "Ask. If I can answer, I will."

Raeyel says, "Ok first, I rp hailing from Albaria."

Raeyel says, "As Gorbesh."

Jhustis smiles.

Raeyel says, "But when I try to get Albarian or Gorbesh items in an alteration, Im told it can be like gorbesh style, but not ACTUALLY Gorbesh."

Raeyel asks, "Why the hell not?"

Raeyel chuckles.

Jhustis smiles.

Raeyel gets a dark sledgehammer with a Gorbesh-style head edged in broken chakrel shards from inside his excursion pack.

Raeyel says, "See, its perdy, but woulda been a better Gorbesh battle or war hammer."

Iocanthe says, "Well, if we have an actual Gorbesh artisan around, I'm not aware of them, for one."

Raeyel says, "Racists."

Raeyel appears to be trying hard not to grin.

Jhustis gasps!

Jhustis exclaims, "No you didn't!"

Raeyel ducks his head.

Jhustis just tickled Raeyel, who laughs and returns the favor.

Raeyel chuckles.

Heartsfyre exclaims to Jhustis, "Toad him!"

Hammerfist gets a large wooden cooking spoon with bite marks from inside his black backpack.

Heartsfyre nods in agreement.

Jhustis nods to Heartsfyre.

Iocanthe says, "For two, it is fairly rare (and getting rarer all the time) to say "a Gorbesh cheesegrater". We want to describe it in such a way that we can SEE why it is a Gorbesh cheesegrater."

Raeyel puts his sledgehammer in his excursion pack.

Hammerfist offers Jhustis a large wooden cooking spoon with bite marks.

Jhustis chuckles.

Jhustis accepts Hammerfist's cooking spoon.

Hammerfist sticks his tongue out at Raeyel.

Raeyel chuckles.

Raeyel says, "Ok granted."

Raeyel says, "And two."

Iocanthe says, "In general, using racial names seems like a shortcut, but it doesn't really describe things very clearly."

Jhustis whacks Raeyel with the wooden spoon! That's gonna leave a mark!

Jhustis offers Hammerfist a large wooden cooking spoon with bite marks.

Raeyel says, "The two parter."

Iocanthe says, "Your idea of what a Gorbesh cheesegrater is and my idea is likely very different."

Hammerfist chuckles.

Hammerfist accepts Jhustis's cooking spoon.

Raeyel says, "Yall said the mayor of leth is the holder of the rare breeds."

Iocanthe says, "(and lastly, we haven't had actual Gorbesh around for a long time. Their stuff would be pretty decrepit by now.)."

Raeyel says, "But I brought mine via ship."

Raeyel sticks his tongue out at Iocanthe.

Hammerfist mutters something into the air about new marks on the spoon.

Hammerfist grins.

Hammerfist puts his spoon in his black backpack.

Jhustis chuckles at Hammerfist.

Iocanthe asks, "You brought your rare horse via ship?"

Jhustis laughs!

Raeyel says, "Albarian stuffs."

Jhustis covers her mouth with her hand.

Iocanthe says, "Oh."

Iocanthe says, "I was getting confused."

Iocanthe blushes, the tips of her ears turning a delicate scarlet hue.

Raeyel says, "No the horses, that Im asking about, the old breeds."

Jhustis nods to Raeyel.

Raeyel says, "Can we bring them back via the Mayor of Leth."

Raeyel says, "For like a Horse Festival."

Jhustis says, "Intending to, yes....and that festival is a good idea."

Iocanthe says, "That is one of those ideas that I am writing down. It may not strictly be a Premium matter, but it is an idea."

Raeyel says, "Rare horses, saddles, and such."

Iocanthe grins.

Padhg mutters something into the air about horse auction.

Jhustis nods to Raeyel.

Raeyel points at Padhg.

Jhustis points at Padhg.

Raeyel says, "Horse auction for super rare looking ones."

Iocanthe says, "Let's just say that, of the ears that are listening to your request, they are some good ears."

Iocanthe smiles.

Jhustis gazes at Iocanthe.

Jhustis chuckles.

Raeyel says, "And like maybe even some games."

Iocanthe exclaims, "And they're not old ears!"

Iocanthe grins.

Raeyel says, "Like hurdles or barrel riding that you NEED your horse to do."

Iocanthe ponders.

Iocanthe says, "I can't say yes or no for sure on that, because I'd need some code support, but I will say that I'm taking notes of the request."

Raeyel says, "Well its just an idea."

Raeyel says, "But you know, have a joust area."

Iocanthe says, "Well, we do have some jousting stuff."

Raeyel says, "Just everything horse, and maybe even horseback archery or something."

Iocanthe says, "I remember there was some old pre-jousting jousting tuff."

Iocanthe says, "Back in the long-ago times... when we only had dirt and we were happy to have it."

Raeyel says, "Cause the realms have forgotten how awesome horses can be."

Jhustis laughs!

Jhustis exclaims, "Dang it!"

Iocanthe says, "But.. that is getting off track."

Iocanthe grins.

Jhustis grins.

Raeyel says, "And Id like to wake that back up."

Raeyel says, "Im done, thank you for listening."

Raeyel bows.

Iocanthe smiles.

Iocanthe nods.

Heartsfyre is next.

Iocanthe smiles harts

Iocanthe exclaims, "Hello again!"

Heartsfyre says, "So.."

Heartsfyre laughs!

Hssanh grins.

Hssanh smiles at Heartsfyre.

Iocanthe exclaims, "I.. absolutely.. give.. up on smiling to you!"

Heartsfyre grins at Iocanthe.

Iocanthe begins flapping her arms around wildly.

Heartsfyre giggles.

Iocanthe says, "It's a habit now."

Iocanthe blushes, the tips of her ears turning a delicate scarlet hue.

Iocanthe says, "Please, put me out of my misery and ask your question."

Iocanthe grins.

Heartsfyre says, "If and when yer done with the shop.. and other stuffs. Could we have some traveling alterers.. come to town like in the old days? where it was like a weekly thing almost.."

Jhustis chuckles.

Iocanthe says, "I am definitely on the prowl for folks who can come visit."

Heartsfyre says, "And not just the premium things either."

You add your name to the question list.

Iocanthe exclaims, "I can say that, off in the distance, there are hopes rising like the sun!"

Heartsfyre lets out a hearty cheer for Iocanthe!

Heartsfyre says, "It was my only question.. I just miss those times."

Jhustis smiles.

Jhustis nods in agreement.

Iocanthe exclaims, "You're not alone!"

Iocanthe grins.

Heartsfyre nods.

Iocanthe smiles at Heartsfyre.

Iocanthe says, "Hah! Got it right."

Iocanthe preens. Someone's pleased with herself!

Heartsfyre laughs!

Iocanthe grins.

Heartsfyre hugs Iocanthe, who wraps her arms around Heartsfyre with a warm smile.

Iocanthe hugs Heartsfyre, who wraps her arms around Iocanthe with a warm smile.

Heartsfyre exclaims, "And a hug!"

Iocanthe grins.

Iocanthe nods.

Padhg is next.

Padhg says, "Two questions."

Padhg asks, "There's a beautifully lifesculpted door in Ain Ghazal that appeared in February. Has that been put on hold or did I miss that?"

Iocanthe ponders.

Jhustis ponders.

Jhustis grins.

Iocanthe says, "There was a shop that opened in the Estate Holder area there.."

Padhg says, "It appeared in conjunction with an Estate Holder Council gathering."

Iocanthe asks, "Did it somehow get closed up again?"

Padhg says, "I may have tried the wrong door, so it could be my fault."

Iocanthe says, "I'm fairly sure we opened the shop there.. but maybe it isn't the same door."

Iocanthe ponders.

Iocanthe asks, "If you get to that spot and you can't get in to the door, please do a BUG report so I can look at that particular spot?"

Padhg nods.

Padhg says, "And the second isn't actually a question, just a comment."

Iocanthe nods to Padhg.

Padhg says, "One perk that sort of reappeared within the last year was rollout out new spells and systems to Estate Holders first. Within the past week, some new High Sorcery spells have become available through a monk travelling the lands. While I understand there has to be some lore surrounding it, having things go out to Estate Holders first is nice."

Padhg says, "That is all I have."

Iocanthe nods.

Iocanthe says, "I know that there's frequently a way to do a Premium Preview, and we do aim for it. I'll surely continue asking for new things to get that."

Hammerfist is next.

Iocanthe waves to Hammerfist.

Hammerfist straightens his shoulders, tilts his chin upward, and gets a serious expression on his face.

Iocanthe says, "Your turn, at last."

Jhustis smiles.

Hammerfist says, "Well first off i want to say that horses are great."

Hammerfist says, "Slow roasted and lightly seasoned."

Jhustis laughs!

Iocanthe says, "I was waiting for that."

Hammerfist says, "But thaT'S NOT WHY I JOIN THE LIST."

Iocanthe nods to Hammerfist.

Hammerfist grumbles.

Hammerfist grins.

Hammerfist says, "I was wondering how player charicters were selected to help out with the little rp events that have been going on. Great job on that BTW. I'm not knocking all the folks that have been helping out, they have done a great job as well but it seems some of the same folks are always doing it. Again not saying they have not done a good job but the process of selection and how people could put themselves in position to help out is what i was wondering about."

Iocanthe ponders.

Iocanthe says, "The most recent things, like with those not-really-a-rat gangs, have been folks speaking up on the gweths, I believe."

A majestic Haramorlam stallion trots through the area, but not before snorting in Hammerfist's direction.

Jhustis chuckles.

Hammerfist's eyes go dreamy and he begins to drool.

Iocanthe says, "When I've gone out as an NPC, I end up trying to track down anyone who will just... respond when I walk in and start talking or doing something."

Hammerfist wipes his mouth.

Hammerfist says, "Well take the latest Elpalzi RP as an example."

Iocanthe says, "Getting involved in GM-initiated RP (for lack of a better term) is largely up to what the NPC is looking for - but a lot of it depends on who happens to be there and responsive at the time when the GM behind the NPC is available."

Anjinson says, "I just gwethed that I'd pay ransom for the rat gang."

Jhustis wets her finger and makes a few hash marks in the air.

Iocanthe says, "I am at the point where I feel kind of like I have to tweet and gweth and maybe do some of this kinda stuff..."

SOMETHING IS HAPPENING PAY ATTENTION

Iocanthe chuckles.

Jhustis says, "Yeah it's rough."

Iocanthe says, "For myself, I don't have a list of people I'm specifically looking for."

Iocanthe says, "I happen to be overseeing P5, so I look for anyone who is awake there."

Hammerfist says, "Ok i'll shut my trap now. Baby steps."

Iocanthe says, "And I'll walk around in towns and hunting areas until I hopefully find someone who responds."

Anjinson says, "There are also event chasers....they see something happen and they will try as hard as possible to be part of it."

Iocanthe nods to Anjinson.

Hammerfist covers his mouth with his hand.

Anjinson says, "So thats why you'd see some the same people."

Hammerfist mumbles something under his breath.

Iocanthe says, "That has been a phrase tossed around since as long as there's been an Elanthia."

Hammerfist says, "Ok i can't do it."

Anjinson nods to Iocanthe.

Iocanthe says, "I got accused of it as a PC back in the long ago days."

Iocanthe grins.

Anjinson says, "I tend to only respond or be active if it fits my RP."

Anjinson says, "And only if it fits."

Hammerfist says, "If the same people keep doing it causes resentments from others."

Iocanthe says, "But I was listening when people talked and responding when people asked questions."

Jhustis exclaims, "Without players there would be no RP, so saying players are "chasers".....thank god for them!"

Iocanthe nods to Jhustis.

Navesi nods at Jhustis, obviously agreeing with her views.

Jhustis exclaims, "Bring em all!"

Anjinson says, "Yea, not a negative connotation from me."

Anjinson says, "Just giving my take on it."

Jhustis nods to Anjinson.

Anjinson says, "The rat gang thing, that was up my alley."

Anjinson says, "I could pay a ransom, or negotiate."

Iocanthe says, "I mean, I get that it can be hard to understand why someone who was active stabbing Elpalzi yesterday is now stabbing out-of-place goblins outside Hib today.. except that they happened to be the people who heard that something different was happening."

Anjinson says, "The peaceful solution."

Hammerfist says, "Some folks know of it before it happens and that's fine, sometimes it'."

Iocanthe scratches her head.

Jhustis squints.

Hammerfist says, "But i'm gonna eat some pig now."

Hammerfist gets some succulent roasted pig from inside his black backpack.

Anjinson says, "Well they only know if they had heard something in game."

Anjinson says, "Or saw a tweet."

Iocanthe says, "If we tweet something, or post a generic "Hey, we are holding a totally boring meeting over here" and that's our way of luring people in, they'd have some heads up."

Hammerfist says to Anjinson, "That is not true, if it was how would you know that."

Anjinson says, "I saw the rat gang tweet and thought, I could probably try to get in on that."

Jhustis nods to Anjinson.

Iocanthe says, "If you are aware of someone on staff who is telling folks not on staff what to do or where to be to get a heads up on events, please do write to Feedback to get senior staff in the loop."

Anjinson says to Hammerfist, "Because thats how events work? I don't think there is previous "heads up" involved."

Hammerfist says, "Not what i mean. alot of us do that."

Jhustis nods at Anjinson, obviously agreeing with his views.

Iocanthe says, "That would be seriously pretty rotten, but it'd be best to deal with it."

Hammerfist says, "Not talking about the rat thing."

Iocanthe says, "I'm speaking in generalities now."

Anjinson says, "As am I."

Anjinson nods.

Anjinson says, "I'll give my two cents on it, the way I perceive it."

Hammerfist says, "Ok when wo people build an altar and a GMPC zaps me dead from the sky after they look up is not chasing."

Hammerfist says, "Good lord."

Iocanthe ponders.

Anjinson says, "If someone "knew" to be in Hib for something that happened in Crossing a day before its because either there was subtext or they overheard and RP plotting in game."

Weapons for Sale:
https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/User:CARAAMON#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: Premium Meeting 2017-06-18 Part 1 06/19/2017 12:18 AM CDT
>>Iocanthe exclaims, "Normally, I don't fret too much about who is recording, but since I am hoping to get a little more feedback from folks on the boards, I'd love it if someone can please log this and post it. Also, I have the question list open. I'm asking that you please don't join it just yet -- I will take questions at the end of my tiny presentation, and I'll say when to join for that. Thank you!"

In response to a few things that were discussed during the first half of the meeting:

I would like to see some more interesting horse options than the generic ones that are commonly available. (The current rare breeds are the Akhaal, Haramorlam, Kirmalia, and Zeharca.) If you're open to adding additional breeds, I'd be happy to help brainstorm.

And as for non-horse mounts, I would like to see some common mythical creatures (such as gryphons) or large arthropods. (I would give all the LTBs for a rideable tarantula or other spider.)

Minor customizations of mounts (e.g., coloring) would be cool too.

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!

Paladin new player guide: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Paladin_new_player_guide

armor and shields: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Armor_and_shield_player_guide