Gift Bags not refreshed as of the 1st 01/01/2017 11:03 AM CST
Well, I guess I won't report it, as I got a warning that continued improper use of REPORT will result in removal of the ability for a time.

> who

Online Players: 453
Active Mentors: 0

Staff On Duty:
Kothos

> report Per the estate holder meeting, the gift bags and raffle items were to be updated on the 1st of each month, and that is why Dec's was skipped. It appears the gift bag is exactly the same as it was before.

Your message has been sent to all on duty GameMasters.

Remember that REPORT is for GAME-WIDE emergencies and situations that require immediate staff attention ONLY. Please use another method of communication (like ASSIST) for ALL other matters that do not affect the ENTIRE game. Misuse of it can result in a possible warning from the DragonRealms staff.
>

REPORT is the DragonRealms equivalent of a 911 call, interrupting the work of all online GameMasters, and should only be used for emergencies. Complaints, questions, suggestions, and any other communications should be done through other channels, such as the message boards, ASSIST, or FEEDBACK. Continued improper use of REPORT will result in removal of this ability for a time.

Re: Gift Bags not refreshed as of the 1st 01/01/2017 11:28 AM CST

I don't think they intended to imply that the gift bag/raffle would be updated first thing as the clock struck midnight or anything. Plenty of January 1st yet in most of the world. Seems like if one were to think this was a 911 issue, it'd at least need to wait until the 2nd. I'm not sure the gift being updated would warrant a 911 ever, myself.
Re: Gift Bags not refreshed as of the 1st 01/01/2017 11:51 AM CST
It let me get a new bag, so that would make me think it was updated. It shouldn't give you a second if it isn't. So, now when the bags are updated, will I still be able to get ANOTHER bag today/tomorrow?

If someone is going to use report to try and tell on a scripter, I would think a bug in the Estate Holder monthly gift would count, but maybe that is just me.
Re: Gift Bags not refreshed as of the 1st 01/01/2017 12:12 PM CST
I am fairly certain these things are manually updated so the fact that they haven't changed is not a bug per se. Having said that, this is probably an issue that would be much better dealt with through an assist. On a few occasions I have assisted for things that turned out to be silly once we figured it out and the staff are always very patient and forgiving.
Re: Gift Bags not refreshed as of the 1st 01/01/2017 12:18 PM CST
>>It let me get a new bag, so that would make me think it was updated. It shouldn't give you a second if it isn't.

The mechanic that can allow people to pick up a new gift bag when the bags haven't been refreshed is a resource/system limitation. It doesn't reflect whether or not the gifts have been refreshed yet, and it's not really a fixable issue. Gifts aren't ever anything mechanically advantageous to the point where it matters too terribly if a few people do manage to pick up extras though, anyhow.

>>So, now when the bags are updated, will I still be able to get ANOTHER bag today/tomorrow?

Yes. Regardless of how recently you picked up a previous gift you will be able to pick up the new one as soon as it's made available, which will be sometime today, as my time allows. I'll make sure that a post to these boards and a tweet goes out to let players know when that has happened. :)

>>If someone is going to use report to try and tell on a scripter, I would think a bug in the Estate Holder monthly gift would count, but maybe that is just me.

Premium gifts aren't typically within the realm of an urgent or emergency situation such as would be covered by REPORT. You could certainly either submit a BUG report if you think something is actually bugged with it, or post it here (I do my best to read the boards that affect my areas of responsibility on a daily basis, and often several times a day), or if for some reason a more urgent staff response is required, you could enter the ASSIST queue to speak with the first available staff member.

Thanks!

GameMaster Nohn Essential
AGM -- Events Team -- Provincial Events Lead: Qi'Reshalia -- Premium Guru.
"Visit beautiful Qi'Reshalia, where the government really is run by the lizard people!"
Re: Gift Bags not refreshed as of the 1st 01/01/2017 12:23 PM CST
>It let me get a new bag, so that would make me think it was updated. It shouldn't give you a second if it isn't. So, now when the bags are updated, will I still be able to get ANOTHER bag today/tomorrow?

This is a known bug. Estate holder gifts aren't game breaking so it's not that big a deal if your character gets 2. If you use all your premium character slots you're picking up 15 anyway.

The day after New Years Eve and it's a gamewide emergency you didn't get your estate holder's gift on the 1st? Historically the gifts rarely come out on the 1st day of the month. By the end of the first week usually - but not always.

>If someone is going to use report to try and tell on a scripter, I would think a bug in the Estate Holder monthly gift would count, but maybe that is just me.

When you report over inconsequential things all you're doing is slowing game development.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Main_Page
Re: Gift Bags not refreshed as of the 1st 01/01/2017 12:27 PM CST
>If someone is going to use report to try and tell on a scripter, I would think a bug in the Estate Holder monthly gift would count, but maybe that is just me.

An AFK scripter is in active violation of the ToS and/or the rules of conduct. Report should be reserved (usually) for things other things that are active harm to the game environment, things that have gone very wrong and every staff member should know right now -- harassment, something has gone horribly buggy and might crash the game (You've triggered an endless scrolling message somehow, you've TkT'd Riverhaven at someone, etc).

I agree that this would be more assist territory -- it's a general customer service inquiry. The CE GMs that respond to assists are here for that, and they also usually know an appropriate channel to escalate things to.

"Warrior Mages don't bother covering up their disasters.

They're proud of them."
-Raesh
Re: Gift Bags not refreshed as of the 1st 01/01/2017 12:52 PM CST
Nohn,

Thank you for the update and response.
Re: Gift Bags not refreshed as of the 1st 01/02/2017 12:31 AM CST
If the gift bags were refreshed on the 1st, well today is the 2nd and I still can't get a gift bag.

Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas. Calvin Coolidge
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/c
Re: Gift Bags not refreshed as of the 1st 01/02/2017 01:29 AM CST
>>If the gift bags were refreshed on the 1st, well today is the 2nd and I still can't get a gift bag.

I didn't see a tweet which is the normal indication (AFAIK) that they were updated.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Gift Bags not refreshed as of the 1st 01/02/2017 01:48 AM CST
>>I didn't see a tweet which is the normal indication (AFAIK) that they were updated.

Yep. I promise to be better about the tweeting and the posting from here on out when they go out. And as the announcement post says, sorry for cutting this one so close (I'm on Pacific time, so it's still the 1st for me!).

GameMaster Nohn Essential
AGM -- Events Team -- Provincial Events Lead: Qi'Reshalia -- Premium Guru.
"Visit beautiful Qi'Reshalia, where the government really is run by the lizard people!"